Thread: Role-Playing Organisations - Reloaded (RK-1)

Exclamation Dead Thread

Go to Nevver's thread please...she has taken over the task I started.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Mar 5th, 2006 at 18:50:30.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

The Nanomage Liberation Front are one of the most active RP orgs in the game even if they don't have a message board. I think you need to revise your criteria or maybe someone else should manage the list if you don't have time to keep up with it.
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 2nd, 2006 at 18:37:47.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

The NLF is still out there. But inguild events the last couple of days have resulted that we no longer have a forum.
    Right now I don't have much information to give you, but fact is we are still there and working on a solution. I will let you know as soon as anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd
    Thanks for the input Nevver, if I need someone to do some checking for me now I know who to ask
    I'd be happy to if it will free up some time for you to work on that web site redesign of AO Universe that you've been talking about since last September.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Yeah, c'mon, Wind, chop chop!

Seriously, thanks for doing this, Wind... too much deadweight and wannabe-RP orgs on the old list.
    Natasha "Tashania" Niacescu, 66 Nanomage Engineer
    Leader of ~Society of Salvation~

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

should be mentioned that there are other RP orgs out there that _choose_ not to have a website and that the ones listed are not the ONLY ones on RK1.

Just an FYI for people looking for orgs.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

they had to create the code from scratch to be compatible with our forum software as well.
    Yes well, that's generally the way one writes code; one doesn't normally open another web site in Dreamweaver, change a few things around then call the design their own.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Aww come on Nevv, let's not start with the cheap shots again. You already drove me away from the AO Vault forums, I thought you'd be satisfied with that. Let's keep this thread clean shall we?
    No, what you did was cheap. I'll drop it though.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Please add the Neo Separatist Union to the list of Neutral Roleplay guilds. Our website is at www.nsu.5u.com, our forums at http://www.vf11.com/nsuorg/nsuorg.html.

Thanks for taking up maintenance of the RP guild list.
    Last edited by Larval_Stage; Mar 4th, 2006 at 04:56:42.

Unstickied for now, I have had a few orgs protest that you will only list orgs with forums and place restrictions

Whilst it is up to the community how you want to classify 'x,y or z' for a listing, I am not going to get into the middle of an arguement about which thread or listing is better and 'should be stickied', when it comes to how players want to list active orgs, When you guys can come to an agreement on how the community would like best to display the orgs, and have one thread, then we can add it as a sticky thread.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

I'd like to know what orgs protested, considering nobody contacted or even tried to discuss it with me.

Had I received feedback on the issue I probably would have removed it, but I'm not a mind reader neither was I going to start running a poll between all RP orgs in the server to see how they wanted to be listed.
    I don't know who else Silirrion is talking about, but I certainly raised the concern and you even addressed it by stating that you thought it was a reasonable thing to ask. Then, down further, SirNegs wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    should be mentioned that there are other RP orgs out there that _choose_ not to have a website and that the ones listed are not the ONLY ones on RK1.

Just an FYI for people looking for orgs.
    So, there's at least two just on your own thread bringing up the subject.

Nobody else in months even thought about making another thread with an updated list...not even the well known roleplayer Nevver from AO Vault....until I do it.

And now surprise surprise...good old Nevver starts her own thread with the same exact purpose...without the forums requirement TODAY.

Well..I'll remove the requirement today, let's see what happens.
    I'm not from AOVault. I post on their message boards and that's it. I *used* to be a board moderator on their message boards and several others on the Vault Network a year or so ago.

What I find surprising is that someone who rarely posts on this board has taken such an active interest in it. You have a web site; why not create an entire section on it devoted to RP orgs? You could do it however you want to do it; add images or whatever.
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 4th, 2006 at 22:10:14.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Could you please take your argueing to private messages?

Exclamation

Arguement over, can't afford this to keep going on a personal level. Original thread edited.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.