Thread: 'Tab' for selecting "enemies"

'Tab' for selecting "enemies"

It might be nice to have 'Tab' select targets that are not in
    your faction, as it does now, but to disregard faction for
    those in your team.

Clan teaming with neutral characters means that when either
    hits 'Tab' to select a nearby target, they can unfortunately
    find a team-mate targetted. That behaviour is less than useful.

Can't they just make it so that you can "tab" on everything that's able to attack you, and you won't "tab" on things that can't or won't attack you?? I'm sick of selecting my omni/neut team mate whenever I'm trying to target that stupid mob

People have been suggusting this for a while, bump.

Yep I asked about same thing, bump!

It's even worse if you're neutral, because half the mobs in a mission will also be neutral and won't tab-target. You need ctrl-tab instead, which obviously also selects neutral team-mates...

One last clean-up item: in underground missions (the ones with the creepers for doors) you can't target a mob through an open door, you just end up selecting the door instead. However, mobs are perfectly capable of aggroing you through an open door, which makes getting that first strike in almost impossible. This isn't too much of a problem with a weapon-using class but it's an absolute nightmare for pet-users. I have to run my fragile engineer/MP/crat into the room, tab, ctrl-tab if tab didn't work and dash out again, hopefully without being aggroed in the process. Then while I wait for my pet to beat my hapless victim to death I just have to hope that nothing in an adjoining room aggroes me (because it sure as hell won't aggro my pet).

Set tab to select anything that might aggro you, and sort out the doors please.

Cheers,

~R~