Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report forum upgrade issues here

Threads aren't properly marked as 'New' - anything up to a week old is considered NEW! unless I've read the thread since the last reply was posted, rather than just visiting the forum.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Quote Originally Posted by Teodoro
    Despite checking "Remember me?" everytime I log in, my information is never saved. Every time I completely close AO forum windows, I'm logged back out and must manually log back in.
    This is due to a faulty cookie in your browser. Can be remedied by deleting the cookie, then restart your browser, and finally re-login to the forum.

Regards
    - Sataran
    Coordinator Sataran
    Technical Forum Admin
    Tools Department
    :: Social Guidelines ::
    :: ARK Public Website ::

Stop messing with the forums!

Everytime you change something my subscribed-list is destroyed. Last time I "magically" unsubscribed to every post I'd posted in since october 2005, and this time my User CP is listing all threads I posted in the last 10 days as new, even though I read them all last night and the majority has no new posts since then.

Edit: And was the "Post reply" button always in the lower right corner?
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

About all the unread threads at your first login

Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg
    Threads aren't properly marked as 'New' - anything up to a week old is considered NEW! unless I've read the thread since the last reply was posted, rather than just visiting the forum.
    This is correct behaviour due to a new feature in the latest version of the forum program. It will remember all threads you have not read for up to 10 days. This feature lets you come back later to read threads that you missed or did not have time to read on an earlier visit. The reason why you suddenly have a lot of unread threads when you first logged on today is due to the feature just having been enabled late last night (GMT).
    • You can mark all threads on the forum read by using the menu on the top left: Quick Links -> Mark Forums Read or by using the Mark Forums Read link at the bottom of the forum frontpage.
    • You can also single out separate forums and just make those marked as read. You do this in each forum by using the upper left menu named Forum Tools -> Mark This Forum Read.

Regards
    - Sataran
    Last edited by Sataran; Feb 25th, 2006 at 12:52:45.
    Coordinator Sataran
    Technical Forum Admin
    Tools Department

- The front page changed. there no longer is a space between the different forum sections.
    I liked this space, it made it easier to see the different sections.
    - Also, copyright for FC still says 2004 :P
    - I think the edit and quote button should be on the green bar.

Sidenote: LOVE the new edit feature. it's uber
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Feb 25th, 2006 at 12:56:28.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

When you read one of your new subscribed threads it disappears from the list immediately. It used to stay there for a day or so in regular letters instead of bold letters after you read it.

This might be intended, but it's nice to have an overview of the threads you've been active in the last few hours. If intended it will probably just take some getting used to.

Edit: I know we can click "view all subscribed threads", but it's not the same.
    Last edited by Beornin; Feb 25th, 2006 at 12:55:45.

Post count is gone from the "View public profile" page as well.

In addition, this page now shows the persons age in addition to birthdate. Very helpful for people who can't add/subtract.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab
    - The front page changed. there no longer is a space between the different forum sections.
    I liked this space, it made it easier to see the different sections.
    This is a visual illusion . The background color for the categories changed in the templates, so instead of having the same background as the forums, they now have this gray-greenish color. This does make it look a bit more cramped. I will see what I can do to make it the same background as before.
    Edit: Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab
    - Also, copyright for FC still says 2004 :P
    Fixed

Regards
    - Sataran
    Last edited by Sataran; Feb 25th, 2006 at 13:16:58.
    Coordinator Sataran
    Technical Forum Admin
    Tools Department

New professionals are still "supa leets" and the likes...
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin
    Post count is gone from the "View public profile" page as well.
    This should be an issue of highest priority.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

ur join date is wrong Sataran
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

Quote Originally Posted by Satenia
    This should be an issue of highest priority.
    seconded
    Becky "Cenelia" Schatz and equipment
    Picture drawn by MrFli

[Clan OOC]Azzreal: ok all pay attention. Qwazeech and cen are now elevated to god (and godess) status

Douglas Adams: "I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to end"

/)(X.(>_x)(\<) bunnies shouldnt play with blenders
    disclaimer: bunny was not hurt permanently thanks to my divine powers

did you cuddle a leet today?

Quote Originally Posted by Sataran
    About all the unread threads at your first login

This is correct behaviour due to a new feature in the latest version of the forum program. It will remember all threads you have not read for up to 10 days. This feature lets you come back later to read threads that you missed or did not have time to read on an earlier visit. The reason why you suddenly have a lot of unread threads when you first logged on today is due to the feature just having been enabled late last night (GMT).
    • You can mark all threads on the forum read by using the menu on the top left: Quick Links -> Mark Forums Read or by using the Mark Forums Read link at the bottom of the forum frontpage.
    • You can also single out separate forums and just make those marked as read. You do this in each forum by using the upper left menu named Forum Tools -> Mark This Forum Read.

Regards
    - Sataran

Any chance of this being, umm, 'corrected' by a setting somewhere in the User CP? Personally, I like being able to just throw a quick glance at the list to see what's been said. Maybe just a way to set how long back you want things marked as new?
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.

Wooooters! The line's back.
    A murder of grims for all occasions.
    Neutral chars: grimstad 220.21 shade/ brothergrim 215.23 doc/ grimgriminy 217.17 crat
    Account closed

Time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it's just business, it's politics, it's the way of the world, it's a tough life, and that it's nothing personal.

Well, f**k them. Make it personal.

I just want to add that the new edit feature is really nice

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

I'm concerned that there are no visual tools for doing text formatting (like bold and italics) and inserting controls (like lists and URL links to text) like there was previously.

Errr i've never had the little buttons. Always had to type them in (like I just did with that quote ;p ) So i'm curious why i've never had them. While I can DO the manual insertion of the code it takes longer, I wanna be lazy too
    Zaxxan
    Lvl 205 Soldier
    Clan
    House Maadiah

If you don't like the XP pool because you are "Old School":
    After you die type "/terminate"........ right I didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg
    Any chance of this being, umm, 'corrected' by a setting somewhere in the User CP? Personally, I like being able to just throw a quick glance at the list to see what's been said. Maybe just a way to set how long back you want things marked as new?
    I agree that it will be extremely nice to be able to set the time a thread is concidered New after you have visited the forum. Used to be like 1-2 hours. With 10 days you are more or less forced to mark all the threads read all the time, unless you want the entire forum to lit up like a "holiday" tree.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Well said, Metaing. I can see the use of such a setting on, say, one org's forum - but there is NO WAY anyone can want, or even realistically try, to read everything that is said here. Yes, having them not grey out just because you accidentally closed your browser is nice, but please - the time-out at 1-2 hours as it was is GOOD ENOUGH.
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.

Thanks for the feedback all, the guys should now have everything they need for the fixing the templates back the way they were
    Last edited by Lucien; Feb 26th, 2006 at 13:20:19.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12