Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelance: Till All Find Peace?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Till All Find Peace?

Till All Find Peace?
    Nanomage Liberation Front to announce major policy changes at March 12 Public Address in Aegean
    February 23, 29480 - Davis Rustyedge Matt [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - In recent weeks, rumors have been floating around Borealis that longtime terrorists, and known breedist organization, the Nanomage Liberation Front, have been considering changing their violent ways for a more peaceful approach to seeking their goals. Known in the past for disregarding faction, and attacking all notum miners, as well as staging terrorist attacks on many Solitus civilian targets, the NLF has become quite infamous over the years.

Many Soliti are afraid even to walk alone in the streets of northeastern Borealis, one of the known headquarters of the violent group. Claiming to put a stop to mining and to the oppression of the Nanomage by “all means necessary”, these methods have almost always been illegal, violent, and terrorist in nature, offending officials in Clans, Omni, and even the Neutral territories in which they are based. Now, it appears their long assault on the good, innocent people of Rubi-Ka may be drawing to an end. In a public statement from their self-proclaimed “Queen” Fleshreaper, it was hinted that great changes were coming.

“On behalf of the Nanomage Liberation Front, we would like to welcome all people of Rubi-Ka, including all factions and breeds to our headquarters in Aegean on Sunday, March 12 at 6 PM RST (GMT; 1 PM EST). For years, we have approached the plight of the Nanomage people a certain way, and we can now admit that this approach has failed. As a result, we would like to show the people of Rubi-Ka that we can admit to past mistakes, and would like to start fresh. Effective that day forward, changes will be made to our manifesto and resulting policy toward the other breeds, as well as all notum miners. We would like the opportunity on March 12 to explain how we can make a difference for positive change for the Nanomage people, and all of Rubi-Ka. As a show of good faith, we shall hold a lottery for any present who wish to attend. The prize will be for 100 million credits. Transportation can be arranged by contacting any of our members, and food, drink, and buffs will be offered to all those who attend, regardless of breed.”

It would appear that an extremely odd change of course for the NLF is on the horizon. The real question is, can they be taken at face value? In this reporters’ opinion, given their history, the answer is a resounding no! The only way to truly find out, is to attend this public event on March 12, and see what their true intentions are. Let’s hope that these terrorists have finally turned over a new leaf, and once and for all abandon their violent ways.

Have minibulls started flying yet?
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

I have a hard time believing those guys. Who knows, they may even be planning to kidnap or blow up everybody there...

Such a radical change for the NLF, I won't believe it until I see it.
    Last edited by Sary; Feb 23rd, 2006 at 19:16:34.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

It's quite surprising from the NLF, but I hope they come up to their sense.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

We all stand to gain more than we risk losing by giving the NLF the benefit of the doubt in this instance. Let us then make a leap of faith and have the courage to hope for a better future for all. I would have never started RUR if I did not dare to follow a dream.

Of course the Clans seem to like to hold a grudge for a very long time, centuries in fact.

Best of luck Nanomage Liberation Front, I applaud your decision.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Don't get me wrong, if they really are serious about it, then I greatly applaud their decision, and in time, will be able to forgive them.
    I just find it highly su****ious such a radical organisation changes their entire way of 'solving their problem' just like that.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Well...you believe what you must people.... Juju believes in what he knows.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

This is a welcome new direction for this group. It will be a long process until they have proven their worth and we urge them to be in contact with the neutral officials. They will also need to be able control all their members. Any NLF member acting against this announcement will immediately make this attempt for peace void.

In order to let neutral community operate under these new circumstances, Omni-Pol will suspend the standing orders against NLF for the time being.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Exclamation

IF they truly are changing their ways, how about paying compensation for all the damages they have caused to all the factions (including their own)?

100 Million credits...nice way to get an audience, that will probably be there for the prize and not the speech.

But NLF will get it's 'crowd' of people, good eye candy for the media while trying change their ways.

What's next? Dust Brigade saying they're sorry for bombing and killing innocents? no wait....NLF is already doing that.

Going to take a lot more than a well written speech to convince anyone with any common sense.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

This whole thing reeks of conspiracy for miles away... I better get there personally to see what happens. I bet we all will get to be part of a hostage drama.

Or maybe, just maybe... Could times be really changing?
    Hmm. Maybe we could get a brand new shiny Skybar from the NLF!

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

heh, this'll be fun to watch. *grins*

Friends,

We have indeed seen the error in our ways. We seek to work with those we have fought in the past. We realize now, our ways were in error. We look forward to meeting and greeting our fellow Rubi-Kans and discussing the future of the Nanomage Liberation Front.

We hope our relationships with all organizations improve, though we realize it will take time. But we will work hard at this. We must. For Rubi-Ka.

Sincerely,
    Solanu
    Squad Commander
    The Nanomage Liberation Front
    Last edited by Dani; Feb 24th, 2006 at 22:35:58.

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Of course the Clans seem to like to hold a grudge for a very long time, centuries in fact.
    There's a reason for this.

Many of the Clans have absolutely no prejudice for Nanomagi. Many help to fight and further their cause. Many of the same Clans have been attacked by these extremists. Even those Nanomagi who fight for the Clans have been told they are being done a favor, and that, should they not join the fight, they are just as guilty as anyone else.

Personally, I don't believe the NLF can, or ever will, change. It doesn't matter how few people at the top want to give their group a better face. They have attracted the worst sorts and, before long, we'll either see a splinter faction or a coup and a resumption of hostilities.

And you want us to just forgive you for everything you've done? It doesn't work that way. Personally, I wouldn't shed a tear if the majority of your members were found guilty of crimes against humanity and put to death.

You wanted a war? You've got one. You'll never be forgiven by the majority of Rubi-Ka. You've done more to hurt the plight of the Nanomagi than to help it.

I've nothing more to say.

Compensation? Come on guys, the NLF have made a huge step, let's try to meet them half way.

On behalf of RUR, I hereby waive all demands for compensation against the Nanomage Liberation Front for damage to our property and robots, and specifically in the instance of the terror attack duing the COSbot presentation earlier this month (see http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=432387 for details ).

We are a small company, we can ill afford these kind of looses, but it does not mean we cannot play our part in this peace process.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

While I may not be able to attend, as the time is not a good one for me. I greatly applaud NLF and their new direction. I've supported their goals in the past, not necessarily the means, but now ... yes ... its time for a better NLF.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

i take it there will be pie?
    if so, count me in, trap or no!
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.

Throw a man in a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: Logging on :: all systems ready.
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: !online
    [The Red Brotherhood] Trbbot: 1 members online :: click to view
    [The Red Brotherhood] Bourke: great, I've been talking to myself for the last ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyBourke
    i take it there will be pie?
    if so, count me in, trap or no!
    There will definitely be pie. I like pie.

~Solanu
    Squad Commander
    The Nanomage Liberation Front

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

hm.

I'm pretty sure, knowing the NLF, there will definitely be some sort of disruption. I can't wait!

Nothing can change so completly over such a short period of time.

I hold the right to reserve judgement untill a later time, it is to soon for me to come to an opinion on this matter.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I am at a loss for words, to be perfectly honest.

I will most definitely be at this public announcement, even if it is to be a deception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast