Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower The Suppression zones

Talking Lower The Suppression zones

My message is exactly what the Subject is. Lower the suppression zones.

We are in a war, and I dont think I should be able to go almost anywhere I want in Clan territory and not get mauled by anyone but guards. I think that I should be in increasing danger the farther I run into Clan Territory.

Also, if someone is in a town and they were to maul my guards, I would want to help the guards and kick them out.

I would like to hear from everyone Including FC to see what people think of this.

I get a real rush flying or running through the East bank region. I am a 91 NT and I do well against Mobs, and Id say that I bat about 500 against players and that I really am at risk. If I dominated PvP i dont think it would be as exciting.

Shout back
    Being a circus trainer has to be the best job in the world, until the bears figure out how to take off the muzzle.

"We are in a war"

Actually.. we aren't

Have to agree...

Originally I thought the game was about living on a war torn planet, with both sides Having equal rights to it. Thus creating a grey area around whose right and whose wrong with atrocities on both sides happening. Sounds cool to me.

So yes I have to agree that the gas should be put down in all areas. I hate not being able to come to the defence of the poor abused Guard. It should be a challenge to cross clan turf, or vice versa. this is why there are borders. (In case you haven't noticed I think the amnesty's a joke, But will follow OT order's as a good soldier should)

I like the Idea that as soon as you cross the border your fair game.... no pockets to hide in. and on a hard core realism note.... there should be NO gas, but thats an extremeist statment and should not not be listened to.

Cymon
    Level 50
    Omni Soldier RK1
    Deus Ex Machina
    ~While you may not know it, all will benifiet from our research~

What I would like to see is that the Suppresion Gas in the border areas between Clan and Omni territory was reduced to 25% - that would give a great change for doing border skirmishes
    Kohistan
    Proffesion: (Fixer)
    Black Dawn Syndicate

I agree.
    I have 2 main characters. 1 is a clanner and the other, omni. While I play both, I don't like that my Omni character can go to TIR & Athens and just walk around like I belong there.

Same with my clan character, though at least they discourage the clanners in OMNI-ENT & TRADE through the very annoying:
    "Hey --playername--Did you know that Omni has initiated an Amnesty...apply for a job with the corp now..." blah blah blah

Neutral Territory is a different story-obviously there should be tension, but ideally that is the point. Tension, not aggression.
    The role-players might agree that this non-hostility in the key cities of each affiliation it is not consistant with the storyline.
    The PVPers may agree that the Cities, with the exeption of Neutral Cities, should be aggressive toward people not of their affiliation.

We don't have clanners parading all over omni 1 HQ - nor should we have Omni employees vacationing in TIR (the supposed 'heart' of the Clans.

I personally don't PvP, nor am against PvP either - It's part of the game, but I don't feel that the current situation is conductive to the storyline. Maybe Omni allowing clanners in -well that fits in with the Amnesty, but why would clanners want omni in their cities. I don't.

Maybe there could be some kind of guided tour, that clanners can go on if they want to check out omni. Thats what happened to my clan character when I first learned I could grid to Omni. I tried it, and right away, some Omni employee asked me if I wanted to go on 'a tour'. My tourguide showed me many parts of omni, and surrounding areas. He was very helpful (and it fit right in with roleplaying). He told me that he was assigned to watch the grid point and offer the guided tour to any clanners that came through looking for info on Omni. I also stuck by him throughout the tour, because, as he told me, "not everyone respects the Amnesty". Very good for roleplaying.

Any thoughts? Anyone?
    Last edited by «¤ W¥RM ¤»; Dec 6th, 2001 at 17:32:37.
    «¤ W¥RM ¤»

I agree as well, from a roleplay and gameplay point of view. With the amnesty right now, I can see some limited Clan intrusion into Omni property, but only limited and I can't see any explaination for the ability of Omni employees to enter clan zones.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

err the clans reciprocated and offered an amnesty themselves.

keep up :-)

Heh, I know its sort of cheesy, but Im omni, but being a clanner fits my personality more... and the only reason I wont change is I dont want to lose my token board. Amnesty would be cool if your token board changed over with you....not gonna happen, but its the only thing keeping me as an Omni Tek employee

Thumbs up

I agree, I don't think Clanners should be in the omni cities and Omni shouldn't be in clan cities. But right now it's ok because of the amnesty. But you know it wont last forever...

I was ingame the other day discussing this with other guild leaders,

We thought it'd be realistic if every city/town (depending on size has its core 100% (where a supp gas generator would be realistically) and once you get out of the town/city it gets lower and lower until gaps between cities (parts of the countryside/desert) are 0-25%. with maybe the major roads a 50-75%

That in our opinion would make pvp optional for anyone, political and would also make the countryside (in parts) a dangerous place, which it should be....
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Good to hear some responses

I still would like to hear from FC on this one. Is this an idea that at least is in the "Bag of Tricks" I am sure that you folks have thought about this, but I guess I just would like some confirmation that the idea has been thought of :P
    Being a circus trainer has to be the best job in the world, until the bears figure out how to take off the muzzle.

We are working on implementing ways to easily and quickly change the suppression gas level in certain districts, or full playfields. No ETA on this just yet, but I know it's something you will be looking forward to. I leave it up to you to hazard guesses at what it'll be used for.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik
    We are working on implementing ways to easily and quickly change the suppression gas level in certain districts, or full playfields. No ETA on this just yet, but I know it's something you will be looking forward to. I leave it up to you to hazard guesses at what it'll be used for.
    Some people will be looking forward to it and some will be dreading it like the plague! We are NOT at war right now, there is supposed to be peace. The last thing we need is more places where the peace can easily be shattered. And the last thing I need is more places that my characters can't go.

You currently have areas for PvP and areas for PvM. There seems to be plenty of room for both. Don't mess it up!

Scorus

Originally posted by Scorus

Some people will be looking forward to it and some will be dreading it like the plague! We are NOT at war right now, there is supposed to be peace. The last thing we need is more places where the peace can easily be shattered. And the last thing I need is more places that my characters can't go.

You currently have areas for PvP and areas for PvM. There seems to be plenty of room for both. Don't mess it up!

Scorus
    What!!!.....

You really want this amnesty to go on for 4 years. A peaceful world that does not change at all. Suppression fields should of course change as part of the story. "I can smell a battle..."

Scorus said:

And the last thing I need is more places that my characters can't go.

Why cant your charecters go there? That sounds really scared...

I think that going into political zones is exciting. when I cross someone many levels higher than me, I have the opportunity to fight or flee. When I fight, every once in a while I win. Talk to Taxed. I Owned twice in an hour in 2ho when he was 50 levels higher than me. But then he has kicked me around quite badly as well.

Get some cheese or get some levels.

Kristi3
    99 NT
    Director, OSS

Originally posted by Kristi3
    Scorus said:

And the last thing I need is more places that my characters can't go.

Why cant your charecters go there? That sounds really scared...

I'm a crat. You know what our best nano line is? Charm. It doesn't work in PvP (Cosmik says that players don't like to lose control of their characters, and we wouldn't want characters doing things to other characters that they don't like?!?). Our second best line? Fear. It doesn't work in PvP (see above).

So, if I go to a PvP zone I can send my pet in (he will not get to you before I die), I can fire at you with BOTH my pistols (whoop de doo) or, if there is only one of you, I can mez and run like heck.

Or I could give a great motivational speech, or at least get a couple of words out. :]

I've never survived an encounter in PvP land. Usually they have been when I was coming out of a mission site with about half my health. That is one aimed shot. A couple of times an NT has actually had to cast TWO nanos before I fell over dead! Boy, was I proud that day...

Scorus

Re: ....

Originally posted by Jahve

What!!!.....

You really want this amnesty to go on for 4 years. A peaceful world that does not change at all. Suppression fields should of course change as part of the story. "I can smell a battle..."
    Of course it should change and I would like to see there be changes in the suppression gas. But those changes should not be sudden and they should not all be in dissipation of the gas. Imagine if all the rich traders that supposedly run Borealis and Last Ditch would pool their money and buy some equipment to flood Stret West Bank and Holes with 75% gas, making it safe for their trade routes. :]

And I can't wait for that diplomatic immunity nano that Cosmik said was such a good idea, allowing a crat to create a temporary 100% area.

Scorus

What I would like to see is that the Suppresion Gas in the border areas between Clan and Omni territory was reduced to 25% - that would give a great change for doing border skirmishes
    The most direct route between clan and omni territory is stret west bank, other than broken shores, and a good portion of stret west is already 25% zone. So consider your request granted!

Though in all reality, I do expect to see storyline missions held by funcom to attack/defend supression gas facilities, there by determining if a city will hold off future internal assaults or remain 75 or 100%.

Talking Stret West Bank

I get missions from Broken Shores to Stret West Banks and 4 Holes all the time... yet both places are completely deserted. I have seen a total of 1 (1) One! other person the entire time I have done missions in these zones, and it was a level 100+ clan doctor in 4 Holes just standing off the side of the road. I never get a rush going to my mission areas because I know that people only PvP in the Arenas, MMD, and 2HO. I've always wondered what it would be like to accidentally stumble onto a lone OT person in the middle of SWB, both completely off guard and unprepared... would we actually fight without being fully buffed and ready to go, or would we go our seperate ways and save some face? *sigh* I'm dreaming... hardcore PvPers stick to their favorite spots where they can keep all their advantages and carebears stick to safer zones or in groups... personally I like taking missions to these PvP zones because I know I wont have to deal with player lag *grins*.

-edit-

On a side note I will say what I've said from the beginning. ALL 75% zones should have a random chance of suppression gas failure. High winds should either blow the gas away or thin it out for short periods of time. Suppression gas generators should FAIL sometimes. That way areas that are normally safe havens could occasionally erupt in chaos! Add some ****e! Sure, make the carebears happy too, add a minute warning of impending suppression gas failure so they can haul arse outta there.

Oh ya...make the MAP useful... show storms and suppression gas generator failures appear on the map so other people can check to see where the action is... (I am not suggesting that the DAILY storms cause gas failure, I am saying certain EXCEPTIONAL storms should).
    Last edited by PoPRawkZ; Dec 16th, 2001 at 23:29:48.

Thumbs down

Hey Cosmik if the gas zones ever end up going down long term (more than a couple days) in the cities let us know so some of us can cancell our accounts first. If I wanted that kind of play I could play Deus Ex or one of those games online for free, I see no reason to pay if that is all AO will be (which is what it will be if there are no gas zones). I don't mind PvP, just not in this game, I will not pay for this game if I am forced into it long term, I think it would be fun for certain plot things, defending a city or some such, but it will ruin the game for alot of people if it takes over the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast