Thread: a big one has gone

Unhappy a big one has gone

i just visited one of my favorite ao related sites and came across something very pity:

Good bye, farewell.. it's come time for me to leave AO. My account expired today and I chose not to renew it anymore. The reasons for this are many.. but it's mostly because the game just isn't fun anymore, the content at high level is non-existant.. there is nothing left to do.

Friends made me stay in the game this long, even though I mostly faded away already during the last month.. logging on only once a week, if even that. I cancelled my account back in the end of May.. with over 2 months time left on it. I told myself that before it expires, Funcom will have fixed the game (at least somewhat), given us something to do, and changed some of their policies.. but alas, nothing positive has happened. The last static dungeon opened half a year ago. So.. it's come time for me to leave. I might be back when they've done something to the game.. maybe even next patch, if FC gets their act together.

Many of you wonder what will happen to this website.. and that is something I myself don't know about yet. It'll probably stay online, but if I don't / can't play at all I won't be very motivated to make any updates here. If it causes too much trouble I might have to put it offline.. that's quite unlikely, though.

++ Auno -- <auno@auno.org>
    antiguardians, one of the best sites i know has more or less gone.

i just want to thank auno for all the work he had with the site and for all the great info on it.

ao won't be the same without antiguardians

good bye and farwell

I second that 100% What a great site and what an enormous loss!

Yeah, thats a big loss alright. Even Funcom uses Antiguardians.

ouch
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

Very Sad to see indeed.. Wish things could have been different.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

That is really sad news, his site was great, and as u said almost everyone used it.

Unhappy

Yep, that's a big loss ..
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

So So sorry and very sad. I already miss so many things and people.
    Zendog, Free Assembly.

Sad news, indeed... Auno's site was a hell of a reference...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Anti-Guardians is GONE?

Nobody told me?

I use that thing, like, every DAY! What am I going to do now?!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I suggest Auno find a successor. someone he can trust to keeop the site up in the respectful and professional fashion it is going at now.

I am volunteering. And I hope if not myself, that someone keeps this dimaond in the rough alive and well.

Emiko: I hope you are able to take over. There are a lot of players that have used this site.

Auno: So long and thanks for all the fish.

Creala, 184 NT RK2.
    Creali, 55 MA RK2.

Unhappy Ah,sad sad

This is grave news,although understandable.
    Thanks for the site and all the help
    we recieved from it.
    See u in da Future!

IF auno can get me the site files I will definitely keep it running and possibly hire a good staff to help with the endeavor.

I would not be able to take over payment for the domain, but I could make a subdomain of my site which would make the site http://auno.kupotek.com

Anyways let me know what you decide.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!