Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wats the best pvp profession atm

Wats the best pvp profession atm

i really need to know wat profession is the best at pvp is it traders?, MP's,Doc's, or fixers or anything else let me kno put me on to the info

Traders are still way overpowered because of the OE rules..
    Yagyu for life

Awww, stop doing that you with your 3k instaheal and biggest hp buff in game
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

i've heard crat is good...
    nano mage crat all the way

Atrox Engy ownz joo in pvp...

The only things I fear are MAs and Traders. But rooting classes don't have too hard a time against MAs, I hear. Meanwhile, Traders get AE root If I were building a character for PvP, there's no question that I'd play a Trader.

Depends if you are going to do duels or massfights. And what professions you are going to fight. And what levels.
    ~Lone

Traders = Uber
    Docs at high lvls = mostly uber
    ma's at lower lvls and mid lvls = mostly uber (the higher you get the harder it is to be uber with an ma but it can be done)
    agent with an ithaca and a 14% scope = somewhat uber
    fixers with ga and a realyl good hot at high lvls = somewhat uber

imo enf and soldiers SHOULD be the ones that are uber . its kinda sad to see a soldier or an enf get raped by a fed ex man.
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

ok kewl but lets say i wanna use my freedom arms i got every lvl old rare freedom arms from ql2-128 wat profession will i own in for pvp freedom arms???????????

hey guys you forgot adventurers, we can be real nasty if played right aswell, as in a matter of fact if FC make drains not stack, then traders will be somewhat balanced.
    as adventurer I really only fear trader and MA, debuff and damage heh.
    -_- flame me if you want for now knowing anyting about trader prof, but those who do know me, well I played trader for about 9 months I know what I'm talking about. period. and yes Traders are very nice in both mass battles and 1o1. period.

For an all popuse all arround PvP character i would say Trader hands down, no other character has as steady a performance and dominance over all the other professions. Some Professions can give the trader a litle trouble but if you'r a trader "King Kong ain't got **** on you" hehe don't know why i remebered this quote but it seems appropriate.
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

Originally posted by Hextorr
    For an all popuse all arround PvP character i would say Trader hands down, no other character has as steady a performance and dominance over all the other professions. Some Professions can give the trader a litle trouble but if you'r a trader "King Kong ain't got **** on you" hehe don't know why i remebered this quote but it seems appropriate.

lol nice quote hexxy

Arrow

My most enjoyable battle (and very slow death) was with the fix0r hextorr!

in my opinion, mp vs mp is all about first debuff
    same with traders (so i hear) all about who debuffs first

ok maybe not all but it counts for %75 of your winning chances :P

Braver~

Even a trader vs. MP fight is a bit skewed towards the trader. In my sporadic pvp experiences...long ago...what usually happens in a mass battle with a trader in it...is that the trader and MP end up trading debuffs.

Traders, like Docs, have an instantly casting debuff where MP's have a 6-9 second execution time with nano shutdown depending on nano init. Anything less than a nano shutdown on a trader is to invite a lesser plunder and doesn't stop their roots.

Trader plunders have ...around twice the range of Nano Shutdown with a range extender applied to both classes.

There are also a few cosmetic game mechanics that work against MP's. Namely, we are very con****uous with our floating balls. Vice versa, its sometimes a bit tricky for me to pick out a trader toon out of a crowd just by looking at it. Shotguns are very common weapons and many people have similar armor setups. I actually have to swing my laggy curser and select him to see if the name is someone I recognize.

So, being 1) easy to spot combined with 2) having a long casting time, combined with 3) my short range usually meant I am the one who is debuffed first.

A trader would have to be a complete idiot not to notice the character with the floating balls, running up to him within short range. I usually open with mind quake and depending on if he already has plunders running in his ncu, it might force him to switch hotkey bars. Then when I start casting Nano SD, he then has 5-6 seconds to root my pets and cast his debuff which is possible if he keeps his head about him.

I've made traders run before, but quite frankly I've never killed one. Pets get rooted and they land their debuff on me during my execution of nano shutdown. We end up debuffing each other. But since my debuff doesnt lower their weapon skills, they still shoot and crit.

Not that debuffing an MP does too much. We have very few abilities to debuff after all, but if you degrade my nuke and weapon skill, I wont be hurting you too much. If the trader managed to root my pets before I debuffed him, I run. If he hasn't, he might run instead.

I had a fight with a trader once that was just like this. I start casting NSD, he does his plunder and screws me over. Then, I finish execution and I screw him over. We both ran away. I think we traded debuffs once more, before other players became a factor in it all. Naturally, it took me longer to recover from his debuff than I recovered from his....3 minutes versus 1 minute.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Aug 9th, 2002 at 20:47:25.

With grid armor and duel HoT's I would choose a Fixer as my uber PvP character. They do some nice damage too.

Fixers are vulnerable to traders and MP's because of their debuffs (making grid armor less effective).

Fixers make the best duelers IMO if they just don't duel traders

Fixers can mix it up pretty well in mass PvP too. If you come across anyone you can't kill, you just run away at warp speed or insta-grid.

Traders/Docs/MAs/Fixers are great PvP characters in all lvls.
    Traders tend to be uber at low lvls because at low lvl fighting whoever has the best outside buffs wins. Traders with comp lit buffs generally have much more NCU. Funniest thing ever is getting gifts at lvl50 for pymod/ts, have RRF running and the 80 Adventurer shield buff. Debuff the hell out of someone (you won't have enough NCU to get the benefit of the debuff but who cares ), they will not be able to hit through the shield and reflect....... its hillarious.

At higher lvls (I only Pvp in camelot and occasionally to help out a guildie in 2ho) i get smacked around a lot by MAs.
    Fixers are also a problem if i can't get a debuff to stick.
    When i fight a doc its all about who hits who with a debuff first.
    A few well played adventurers out there whoop me everytime.

Before the heal nerf it was easy to spam heal a 1k team heal and with the low recharge, extend the battle quite a bit if needed. Now, when I start to get below 50% i have to make a decision to either delay the inevitible by healing or hope to crit a bunch and take them down before i die.

Also with the Crit nerf traders and doctors were hit one of the hardest in PvP. PvP shotguns suck for regular damage and the good reg damage shotguns have 0 specials.

PvP low lvl is all about outside buffs while PvP at the upper lvls is all about bracers. Go fixer or Trader
    MAs or (don't laugh ) Adventurers are the way to go at the upper lvls.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

enforcers, plain and simple, heals layers hp buffs attack buffs, and they can get real big, so if you cant kill em, scare em!

kinkstaah proved to us that enforcers were the best by accepting any duels, selfbuffed from any other lvl 200, and he won, every time =]

Originally posted by Kahr
    enforcers, plain and simple, heals layers hp buffs attack buffs, and they can get real big, so if you cant kill em, scare em!

kinkstaah proved to us that enforcers were the best by accepting any duels, selfbuffed from any other lvl 200, and he won, every time =]
    hehe not everytime... he dueled me too and lost. But yes a lvl 200 enforcer is a force to be reckon with.
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

Originally posted by OneMind
    My most enjoyable battle (and very slow death) was with the fix0r hextorr!

(...)

Braver~
    Hehe that was a good long batle, i had to go through your heal pet entire mana pool we even had time to talk during the batle, then you'r pet heals failed and you went "uh oh" hehe was a funny batle
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast