Thread: Maximum number of attacks change?

Maximum number of attacks change?

Currently, it appears that you cannot make more than 1 attack every two seconds, regardless of the source of the attack, if the attack generates an attack animation on the attacker.

This means that folks like MA's are hosed if they try to use weapons, which Funcom keeps telling us are supposed to help us.

Our fists already DO the max attacks per second, and thus, any 'extra' attack from a weapon must 'replace' a fist attack. Since the MA weapons generally do less damage than fists, they're a negative, not even counting the IP's spent to use them.

The same would apply to anyone using dual wield fast weapons.

Could we maybe have the attack animations only generate from the current primary weapon (the one whose attack value is being displayed), and probably from 'special attacks' like brawl, while any other secondary weapon attacks do not animate the attacker, but DO attack, and do only the 'hit' splat on the target, and the sound effect?

Note that brawl, and other special attacks, are also part of the 'only one per two seconds' of any attacks, so they also 'steal' regular attack slots if your attack is already fast.

From what I understand there is a .5 hard cap on attack and .5 hard cap on recharge. That is a 1 second swing.

Any extra speed you would have gotten is used to SLOW your enemy (mobs anyway). I read about a guy getting his inits bugged into the 1000's and the mobs didnt even swing back on him.

Just what I have heard/read. I have no evidence that this is fact other than hearsay.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I've increased my melee init to 1155 and then ran challenger before and missed every hit but 3, for the whole 57 seconds challenger ran. Dunno. In pvp it works pretty good tho.

I'd really like to know when I reach that hard cap, that way I coudl stop wasting effort on getting better init.

Sand, sounds to me like you're capped now, unless you plan on playing at full defensive.

I've also heard that really high inits result in a ton of misses for the attacker.

It's too bad test server is just another world server (no levelling tools) or we could test this. Oh wait lemmie just go level up my MA over there to level 100 and dump a bunch of points into init. Be right back with info (in three months, if that's all I do)