Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What can 205 nanomage engi do?

I have read quite a few posts by Namel. Very smart player from what I read.

Show me where I said teaming was not required to get past 200, in FULL context.

I *DONT* know that shadowlevels can only be gained in SL. (didn't) It would be retarded to make that assuption since most games require an expansion to GET the levels, not get the levels ONLY IN THOSE AREAS.

I already have a 142 Kyr pistol, but took it off when I reset the pistol points for trade skill stuff.

I may not hit level 200 by 2007 solo'ing, I won't be rich either, hell it may not even be by 2009. But I'll still enjoy it as long as I get to talk to my friends along the way.

Yes, I am level 141. I am level 141 because I am chasing a few trade skill items for friends. I am not level 141 because I want to be level 200+ like 80% of the game population.

*edit* I had this whole long ass post typed out, but ya know, it's really not worth the arguement.

You continue to play the game your way, I'll continue to play the game my way. Through out all of this bickering and bantering, the game goes on and we are all part of it.

Like it or not.

Sorry for derailing your thread Muha. I'll not post on this thread again.
    Last edited by Zzart; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 16:25:26.
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

Edit: Sorry, wrote out a reply, then relized that rusty had said everything I was going to say already.

Editv2.0:After some consideration on the derailed subject. I relize there is a massive differance in what everyone here is able to do with their engie.

A 141 engie has 2 choices... trade skills, or weapons. I leveled an engie 2 times to 201 so far in my time playing AO. The first time I focused on trade skills over weapons, and the second time I chose weapons over trade skills.

I deleted my first engie when I learned that I wouldn't be able to keep up with prime stats that I wanted maxed post 200. Had some issues with my toon at the time I'm not going to get into.

http://auno.org/ao/char.php?dimension=2&name=Garada

As you can see from the chart, I leveled alot faster the second time around. This is in part from already having alot of the gear needed... the cash and the knowledge of where to hunt when. There was also the matter of being able to level in SL rather than in RK missions (I managed 190 in RK missions pre SL)

Pre 150 in my experiance it is not posiable to do weapons and trade skills, and be good at both. (Maxed that is) Even doing trade skils pre 150, your not able to max all of them (if I remember correctly... been a while)

The second time around, I think it took till 160(maybe later) to finnaly max all of my trade skills, and start being able to save IP for 200+ levels.

This of course... assuming that you always max the prime stats.. MM/MC/TS int and psy... and a few others.

I've never raised evades on the second toon. My skill as a player allows me that luxury. A sixth sense on when it is a good time to attack, helping my bot and such... plus spamming the agro trimmer

I hope my little speal on the subject helps open some eye's... and maybe stir some memories... rusty... when was the last time you were 140ish on your engie?
    Last edited by Garada; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 19:44:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Garada
    I hope my little speal on the subject helps open some eye's... and maybe stir some memories... rusty... when was the last time you were 140ish on your engie?
    It does make sense, and I quite agree that at level 140ish you can't be the master of both, but my sense of Z's posts indicates that he is trying to extrapolate to the later levels so my answers reflect the later levels.

To answer your question I'll do it in 2 parts; Rustybolts was 145 on 21-10-2003. Screwedin is currently level 97 and I've been thinking about leveling him some more lately but I just got nicely distracted by a little Adv named Jeffcorwen I also played Robotrox up to about 100 in the not too distant past.

All 3 of my engi's were uniquely me as you might expect but I have more of an insight to the mid level game than you might think having just gone through it a couple months ago on Kofiannan (teh uberest Opisexy male clan crat on RK2 :P).

Z's concerns are based on an unbending refusal to think for himself. If someone hasn't directly told him something he assumes it is not the case. It's maddening to listen mindless dribble that most people find the answers to themselves or quickly enough by asking a guildmate. Massive threads where a completely inexperienced player is demanding that we play the game for him by providing every single nugget of information we can pry out of our heads when the info has already been discussed ad nauseum are purposeless.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Quote Originally Posted by Zzart
    I *DONT* know that shadowlevels can only be gained in SL. (didn't) It would be retarded to make that assuption since most games require an expansion to GET the levels, not get the levels ONLY IN THOSE AREAS.
    Technically you can ding on aliens too. The'yre on RK.

To you Muha, you know I'm amazed by your apparently endless efforts of twinking.
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by nimarq
    Technically you can ding on aliens too. The'yre on RK.

To you Muha, you know I'm amazed by your apparently endless efforts of twinking.
    Hmm, I think I dinged 165-175 on aliens only. Took me some time though

And thanks.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234