Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurray for out door patch!!!

Hurray for out door patch!!!

Topic says it all
    Alvador Proud member of [url=http://www.nanoclan.com]Storm

i am pretty happy too
    I am an Asteroid.

I am a drifter. I go where life leads, which makes me usually a very calm and content sort of person. That or thoroughly apathetic. Usually I keep on doing whatever I'm doing, and it takes something special to make me change my mind.

HAHAHA!

playa #2 suckas

Cz said he'd have the patch notes to us by friday at the latest.. and all we get is 'will improve outdoor hunting'? I was looking forward to the NT fix and im really dissapointed in that we have to wait for yet another patch in between before our fix...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

i like that 14.5 was suppose to be in 14.4....

read the notes

'Some monsters have established new camps in Southern Artery Valley'
    President of Midnight Reveries

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Cz said he'd have the patch notes to us by friday at the latest.. and all we get is 'will improve outdoor hunting'? I was looking forward to the NT fix and im really dissapointed in that we have to wait for yet another patch in between before our fix...
    Stop whining you selfish bastard. This is the best i have heard for a long time. This boost morale for all players in AO.

Screw NT's i want to see the sun again!!!
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

Very good to see an intermediate release addressing something that many players are waiting for.

I assume it will be nothing more than several new "dynamic camps with boss" as the ones in Andromeda. Pity no one hunts them except higher levels looking for easy boss loot for their lower level alts (my self included). Maybe they are too difficult for the intended levels, I really dont know...

Anyway, thanks for the information Funcom!

Thumbs up Bring it on!

I'm all for more outdoor hunting and game areas if only so it shuts up all the crusty old highbies who spend their time whining about wanting to do something other than missions. At least now when their mommies say "Go outside," they can liberally interpret that to mean "Go to an outside hunting area and have fun, <_Insert_Silly_Elf_Name_Here_>!!!"

Originally posted by BlodCreeper

There's 2 suns, did you forget already ?

Originally posted by reality

There's 2 suns, did you forget already ?
    Cold enlightened me again...nice puppy

I just thought it was the booze making them 2, now i know better.
    You can actually get tan on both sides while exploring? Darn nice....
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

YESSS !!!

its more than 1 year ago i sat down, looking back at the early days. thinking how nice it was at low lvls, with all the outdoor hunting.

if this is what FC tells it will be... it may be THE patch most AO players have been waiting for for a REALLY long time...

i bet NT's could wait 1 small patch... i know you guys need love real bad, but imagine... you will get to use your nanocast range (dont start on the 40m thingie... just enjoy for a while )

Originally posted by Thoriak

Stop whining you selfish bastard. This is the best i have heard for a long time. This boost morale for all players in AO.
    Bah, we've waited an long time for our fix and all I said is that I think its a shame we'll now have to wait so much longer then expected.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

i must say that the
    omni forest
    omni islands (very bottom of the forest)
    SW pipe
    SW Mines
    NW Mines
    and 8x8 a little bit (no monster parts pffft)

were totally enjoyable. i love running around and seeing new things, lands, mobs etc. Hell i didnt even mind that chaos minions spawned at NW Mines (kept you on your toes, though i was too high to really feel it )

Remember the first time you went to NW Mines (always to early) and there were stiff words of warning. STAY AWAY from Life bleeders!!! it was great, this kinda tense teaming, where you team could easily be bought to its knees with a couple of bad twists

i cant wait to get back outdoors in the wide open space and have some nasties reds to team beat up. For sure they will have to find some way to make mobs harder and longer to kill but heaps more XP. This QL180-190 mob thing is such a drag. and im pretty new to it all. It sucks to know that QL 200+ missions arent worth it.

Bring it on FC. More NW Mines, more monster parts and more big outdoor teams in wicked places.
    i want to see the suns again toooooo

And yeh it was soooo cool to have to run all the way down to Omni forest islands. Kinda made staying alive that bit more desired.

I guess the next thing would be more higher level nanos, hell at 125 i can almost cast them all, within 20 points. but that is another story

and yeh give NTs and soliders some love, hell engies and traders for that matter. Im super happy with MPs at the moment, just some pet pathing would be cool. let a rollerrat follow you around and thats a good start as to how good it should be. man those things stick like velcro. wish my pets did
    220 Adv, 220 Doc, 216 MP, 215 Crat, 215 Enf, 162 Fix - Scooby Ka 2

Originally posted by BlodCreeper

Dooh, im NT meeself.... double dooh!

FIX NT'S!!!!

You know, no matter what point FC stops the "Class Fix" line to do a "fix things" patch, someones going to gripe.

I suspect there's more to 14.5 than just outdoor hunting. Most likely between the stuff left out of 14.4 and all the fixes to thing they have stated for 14.6, there's not enough from it all in one patch, unless you want to spend all day downloading the patch. 14.5, midway in the 14.x patches, seems to me to be a good spot to do a "fix things and and add content" patch. There's already enough griping about the lack of content to warrant this.

NTs will get their day in the sun. But go out into the sunshine first, and enjoy yourselfs before it's back to the team mission grind to find your new Level Reqed Boss-Loot Only nanos. :P
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

well what did we say... ?

FC will find a way to NOT fix the NT...
    14.6 is next patch...
    oh no... 14.5 ?!?
    what is next 14.55 ???
    Surely they will get another patch in between...

Lets just face it... FC have not found out yet how to nerf NT's so good everyone think it is a fix...

Call me sad or worse... that's OK... according to FC NT's are masters of Sadness, at least not nanotechnology...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Of course I love the 14.5 patch... that's not the point here... it's just what FC promises and what actually get's done...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Hmm... doesn't really say outdoor hunting, just outdoor content.

I hope it really is a way to level again without having to do missions.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

Originally posted by Flapsie
    well what did we say... ?

FC will find a way to NOT fix the NT...
    14.6 is next patch...
    oh no... 14.5 ?!?
    what is next 14.55 ???
    Surely they will get another patch in between...
    well actually they said we'd get our patch somewhere around 14.6-14.8, that means we'll probably get 14.8 and 14.7 will be shadowlands hehee, stay positive

Bah, we've waited an long time for our fix and all I said is that I think its a shame we'll now have to wait so much longer then expected.
    You know, it´s a real pity that this patch wasn´t released before all the "fix profession patches"(That is, if this patch don´t let me down)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast