Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Story and Events

There hath been little reply in a long while....I think we are dead in the water...
    "Your village called...their idiot is missing"

Psilex (Agent)
    Smokegirl (Nano-tech)
    Tylerdurdon (Bureaucrat)

Proud Member of:
    Omni-Tribunal
    Omni-Pol

Story line?? Events?? Yeah... right.

I am not affected at all by any type of story line in game. The attempts at events so far have been pathetic from my perspective. Every time I was "lucky" enough to be on-line and in the right place at the right time or have tried to zone into the right place at the right time for an event, my client has crashed and I have been locked out of the game for hours at a time. Now, THAT was fun and well worth the price of admission... NOT!!! My advice is to give up on in game events until you scale your servers to handle the additional load.

Originally posted by pheonixmoonfire
    The movie...zzzzzzzzzz
    the book.... Yeah, right

The game..GLAD YOU ASKED!!!!!!
    The movie and the book aren't important, IMHO. I can read/watch them even if Im not playing the game...GIVE ME IN GAME CONTENT!!!!
    I bragged about this game when it first came out to my friends that THIS game has a STORYLINE...one that an average player can change..so far, NOT TRUE.
    I understand that it may not be possible for every player to change the storyline, but if myself and a handful of Clanners attacked Omni-1 one night, that should alter Mr. Ross' view of the current situation....

The storyline is interesting, but it really isnt an in game storyline...I want to be able to know what is going on without having to visit the AO website. I want the story to alter the environment I play in......and vice versa

perhaps a channel on the chat log that streams info on the current game situation..(kinda like the news ticker for CNN and ESPN) Player wouldnt be able to talk on it..just streaming info on in game situations
    (hmmmmmm TAG news ticker, Omni Entertainment Newsticker Nothing for neutrals, they could listen to the other two and find out whats up)
    Bump for this one.

Unhappy Thread Death

It would seem that this thread obviously is of no further interest to the moderators as they have not bothered to reply to anyone's posts in the last 4 months!
    Last edited by Luke; May 30th, 2002 at 16:28:24.

Re: Thread Death

Originally posted by Daluke2
    It would seem that this thread obviously is of no further interest to the moderators as they have not bothered to reply to anyone's posts in the last 4 months!
    Why brake a habit?

It´s not like they actualy ever posted very much exept during a few short period, when they said they would improve the communication between and Funcom.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567