Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sweet idea for social cloths

This is a great idea, I'd love to see it happen.

bumpbumpbump great idea!
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

Bump ...plus...HATS , i wanna pick hat with feathers hehe

Question I know that you might want armour...

but calling social armour? isnt that a bit odd acctually

well I BUMP this idea of easy change from sweaty heavy armour, taking a bath, maybe some wine, and slip into some nice clean lightweight silk skirt (oh we gals just have leather skirts dang), maybe something more revealing to make the boys happy *s* (i know there is armour that have the same effect but hey we are talking a bout cloths here lol...)

But why dont the guards ask you to "Shealter that gun, sir/mam! Weapons in the open within the city limits are against the law" when you talk to the guard...

Or maybe the swich from armour to clothing would be automatic when you enter or leave a 100% Supgas city?

Thank you for the experience I have had here on Rubi-ka, Keep the feeling alive...

Another bump form me, as this is something I really would like to see.

While we are on the subject of social clothes.

Anyone ever reflect on the prices??

I mean 300k for a pair of swimming trunks!!!! Geez. Whats up with that? Why not have the clothes be in the price range so anyone can purchase them?

After all clothes are in the game for the RP reason I wouldl belive, but how many RP'ers out there have 300k to spend on a social outfit?

I have 4 bags filled with social clothes, but some are as posted by someone else 1 item wear only (You cant wear anything while you are wearing that)

<<A RP scene that I have experienced:
    Fade in : Reet Retreat.

Me: This is a nice place?
    Date: Yeah. The food is nice to
    Me: true. not as nice as you tho *wink*
    Date: *blush*

A moment of silence as we sit and finish out meal (Not a nice emote I might add. showing the entire plate in your face, but at least she does it to, so we are equal, right?)

Me: Would you like to go to the dance floor for a drink and some dancing?
    Date: Well... not in the mood for a dance right now. Why dont we take a walk?
    Me: sure, sounds like a great idea.

Me and Date leaves the Reet and our walk takes us to Borealis. We talk some as we pass people sitting aroudn the Wompah's or runinng around like most people do.

"Where is the new fixer store?" someone shouts.
    After giving directions we continue our walk.
    Me: sorry about that.
    Date: hihi its ok.
    Me:

"Where is the new tradershop?" another shouts.
    Am about to answer when someone else does it.

Me and Date reaches the Borealis gate and finds a nice hill overlooking the waterfalls. The suns is about to set so we sit in silence and watch as the world around su grows darker.

Me: Are you cold?
    Date: The wind is a little chilly, yes.
    Me: /me puts arm around Date, pulling Date closer.
    Date /me smiles and leans head against Your shoulder.

Another moment of silence.... "Where is the new fixers shop?"
    No, will not spoil the moment by shouting back. But I want to help.

/tell 'Shouter' the location.
    Sweet, Date dont know of the tell. Hang on, Date said something.

(scrolls back.... ah yes... nice, Moonlight swim.) Checks the clothes bag for trunks. (Not the 300k ones)

Me: Sure sounds like a wonderful idea *grins*
    Date *giggle*

We walk down the slope and reaches the shore. OK time to put on the trunk.

Remove top, sleeves/tatoos, pants, shoes. Ok add trunk. Hmm... cant... still wear something I shouldn't.... Ok remove tokenboard, bracers, shoulderpads... Looks at date... Damn she looks hot in that bikini... looks at myself in 3rd view... looks like I just entered the game..... OK no panic....

Date: you there?
    Me: Yes.... hang on....

Ahh.. finally. trunks are on. Ohh nice flip-flops....

We enter the water together and swim around for a while and then.... (hehehe, well....)

/fade out....>>

Please add a social tab, where you can put the additional social clothes on, like swimming outfit/party outfit.

Lets keep the armor tab, and lets keep the option to put on your social clothes there, as well as a second set of social clothe in the clothes tab. (only for 0 ac items, as not to wear double set of armor)

When ou arrive at the beach or where ever, press the tab and viola, you have changed your outfit.

Thank you and bump
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

very good idea, but!!!

Thats a really cool idea, but i think something like a grace period would be a better idea. Say u click the "tab" and bam u switch to u'r social armor you should get a grace period of say 30 mins or whatever tht u have to put u'r over-equipped armor back on of course using the "tab" features. So that people don't have to find buffs every time. This could casue more problems though, to the people that pay the money to get the buffs and hoping to make a few extra credits for buffing people from time to time.

Funcom whats the status on this idea?

w00h00!!

PLEASE do this.

I'd LOVE for you to add this in, as it would give people room to roleplay without worrying about finding room in their bags for all their junk.

I can equip EVERY single item I have by myself, no outside buffs, and I'm a fixer in my mid 50's (scary)... but sometimes I'm deterred from doing so because finding inventory room is a pain and it takes so danged long.

Also... what's the status on apartments?

~Nietya

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Yigg
    Funcom whats the status on this idea?
    Well what do you think it is?

Originally posted by Cosmik
    I've always liked this idea, and passed along a similar discussion on the idea to the rest of the team before. I'll push with it again as I would really love to see this option.
    I have heard this one before, it´s only a pity we almost never get replies on how things went with the conversation with developers. But as always the comunication with the players sucks.

Bump, by the way.

BUMP <crosses her fingers>

A socials tab is the best idea I've seen floating around the boards.

If the toggle could be implemented on a per slot basis that would be good, allowing a mix of armor and social clothes. Or allow you to equip the same piece of armor in both tabs so it always shows.

As for weapons either slots for them in the social tab that you could leave empty if you don't want your weaps to show up or add the ability to holster your weapons as in Daoc. Weapons would of course appear if you went into combat mode.

I don't agree that a socials tab should be restricted to 75%+ zones or remove the protection of your armor when enabled. I want to see a variety of looks at all times, not just in specific places.

well..not a bad turnout

well...not a bad turnout for my idea.

Cosmic?????? any word? as u can see..this is a fairly hot topic i started and makes the most sense in the game. talk about content....

gonna bump my own post..since i havent yet.

bump

Originally posted by Zel
    I don't agree that a socials tab should be restricted to 75%+ zones or remove the protection of your armor when enabled. I want to see a variety of looks at all times, not just in specific places.
    Just ask for holographic projected camoflague projectors that gives us a specific look. Like could be used in one of utility slots.

Personaly I would want a social tab that disable armpor while in use and take time ti switch back.

Talking WONDERFUL

I love this idea!!!

This could add to the Role Playing Part of AO a lot! Today putting on your Armour is a tedious work and even after the 14.2 patch it will require finding some buffs to get those 20%, especially at higher levels - you won't do it!

Just the other day I was at Reet Retreat with a friend. We were having a drink and doing some dancing. I did take off my helmet to make it more fun, but later I had to do some buff hunting raising my Sense and Agility to an apropriate level again.

It was worth it, but it would be great to have a "social gear tab"! Then you would probably switch as soon as you entered a 100% area. People would be able to express themselves and getting a role stole.

BUMP for the great idea!!!

/Sormlam
    "Spiritual Leader" of the Northern Shadowrunners
    ns-sweden.gamearena.nu

Re: sweet idea for social cloths

Originally posted by celestiness
    ok first...do not make this an 'over-equipping' issue please.

second...and personally I think this is a freakin fantastic idea for social cloths..

ad a tab...there is wear, armor, implants right? well ad a tab for social cloths....when u enter a city or want to go to a club..u click on that tab and BAM you are in social cloths...your bikins, boxers, velvet pants, shades, high heal shoes, tattoos..what ever. when you done and want to go fight...unclick the tab..and BAM you are back in all your armor. that way you dont have to take all of it off...put on each part of the social cloths...when done..try to find buffs, your armor equipping plants and get the armor back on.

seems simple really. i mean at lvl 149 i can near wear all my ql 200 armor anyway w/out extra plants and just feline, essence..not that hard to find but for some of the low lvl guys..who cant afford to get iron circle from a doc and feline from an agent all the time just cuz they want to hit reet retreet or baboons...

hence..not really an over equipping issue as most peeps over 150 can get the armor on and off anyway but those lower...have more trouble and once its on..you are stuck with it unless u want to run around trying to find buffs, treatment buffs, implants etc.

personnally i get bummed when im in a city..and i see most of the high lvl peeps in full nano or full hanshi..no personality that way. this way...when u in a city..u can be recognized by what you wear...would ad ALOT to the role play IMHO.

any comments?
    bump

cosmik?

cosmik? any word on this? u posted once...seems like alot want it. i know i do. sure i can put on any armor i use now at lvl 176..but my trader lvl 109 cant...anyone pre lvl 150ish cant. would be nice to be able to wear different social cloths w/out having to take off your armor...then tryin to implant/buff to get it back on.

Thumbs up Yes, indeed.

I think the armor and social tabs are a great idea, but only for purposes of not penalizing someone who has hot AC gear they had to buff and plant their brains out to get into.

Click, social, click battle.

But I don't think it makes sense to have the AC count while in social mode... you don't need screaming AC to hang out at Baboons, and wearing a bikini while soloing reds would... look stupid. I mean, wear the bikini in battle if you must, but getting the benefit of invisible armor's AC doesn't make sense to me.
    "Injections for everyone! My treat!"

bump for thongs! ~

Yes I want this in.
    Leader of Shadow Company

Guild's URL
    http://www.pantang.com/~kaelesh/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast