Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Stop the NLF?

If an officer of Omni-Pol goes outside what is allowed, that officer is unlikely to have his uniform the next day. When Gorgefodder does something the NLF leadership claims to dislike -- and does it repeatedly, at that -- he's still allowed to call himself a member of the Front.

Why? If you don't care what he does as long as he attacks a few mining towers every now and then -- you know, when he's not busy making you look even crazier than you are -- just come out and say it.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum
    If an officer of Omni-Pol goes outside what is allowed, that officer is unlikely to have his uniform the next day.
    Ahh but see this is the point. The point is that the head of Omni-pol makes that decision, not someone from say RUR or SoS. If the NLF council have decided not to remove Gorgefodder from the Front, that is their decision. People should also realize by now that demanding the arrest of an entire organziation is just plain childish. And if Omni-pol were to show up in force in a neutral city, to try and arrest an entire neutral organziation......you'd have 10,000 Gorgefodders to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjester
    he point is that the head of Omni-pol makes that decision, not someone from say RUR or SoS.
    Exactly! It is the decision of the organization whether they want a member's actions to carry the standard of that organization. And through their inaction, the Nanomage Liberation Front has shown that they either support Gorgefodder's extremism or do not care. In either event, they are clearly a threat to Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka interests.

If a renegade Unicorn Company officer set off a bomb in the heart of Newland, and CEO Zora refused to do anything about it, the neutrals would be howling for blood. Why do you hold Omni-Tek to a standard that you refuse to apply to yourselves?
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

An org of any type be it omni-pol/nlf or any of the number on this planet are repersented by there members actions.

Omni-pol has demoted/fired/exicuted members befor that acted aginst the spirit of there department.

If NLF doesn't want tobe judged by the actions of 1 member then they need to deal with that member..inaction only imply's support for that kind of action.

Why would they keep anybody around if they didn't have some sort of support for them and there actions...he wears there org tag,he repersent's there org..simple as that...if they don';t want him being a representitive of what there org is about..then remove the tag.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; Feb 8th, 2006 at 10:03:59.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

You all misunderstand our motives for letting Gorge stay with us!

The front is a family, not an organisation as such, not like you view it anyway.
    Gorge is merely a child of the family, childs do mischief from time to time and we punish him in our way.
    Would any of you send your child into the desert if he's done some mischief?
    Even if it was blowing up some robot?
    Would you cast him out of your family and never acknowledge him as your son ever again?

I hope not.....

THIS is why Gorgefodder is still a part of our family and always will be until he himself chooses otherwise one day.

---

And R.U.R. we do not care if you give miners that discount, we will tear down the mining facilities anyway. 25% off or not!
    And it's really de****able of you to encourage the genocide of all nanomages on Rubi-Ka! For that is what mining is. The slow and painful genocide of Homo-Nano!

But mark my words! You will NOT succeed in your ploy as long as the Nanomage Liberation Front has a saying in the matter!

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Oh spare me the usual NLF diatribe, please. This was nothing more than a bomb happy lunatic looking for an excuse to blow up something else. He displayed no care for innocent bystanders, including fellow nanomages.
    His main cause of protest was a misunderstanding about a natum induction cell used to power the robot we were displaying. Not sure if most of you are aware but most robots on Rubi-Ka use a small ammount of notum to keep themselves powered up. The cell in this 'bot was even a more efficient design reducing the ammount of notum used by 46%. Of course your "wayward child" didn't stick around to hear about anything like that. I even asked him what he would suggest as an alternate power source "not notum" was his replay. Guess he isn't one of your greatest thinkers. If the NLF ever wants to be taken seriously you need to stop blowing things up and start putting your energies into proposing serious alternatives, backed up by hard scientific research, not years old dubious resarch.
    I'd also like to state that R.U.R has never mined notum as a source of income, and most likely never will. Guess the NLF are expanding their operations from anti-mining to anti-"everyone not us". Rather pitiful.
    As a side note I've been involved in two incidents now where the NLF decided to blow something up. First when they destroyed the skybar at Omni-Mining HQ and then again at Reets this weekend. Yes that's right, both times they have tried to blow up a bar. Maybe there's a hidden agenda here somewhere? Are the NLF teetotallers?
    As for gorgefodder3 himself, you say that he doesn't speak for you all, and that he's just a wayward and willful child. Well fair enough, but even children need to be punished on occasion. I presume you are taking steps to do this, or does the NLF support all bomb happy lunatics in their ranks?

((OOC: was actually quite fun to have that little "interruption", perked up out event no end, nothing more fun than having something unexpected happen during some RP and having to make things up on the fly))
    Senobyte: Back in business
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    I’m seriously concerned by this act of violence inside a neutral city against a well respected company. I call on the Nano Liberation Front to immediately stop this kind of hostility.

A lasting solution to the problems that nanomages might face can only be found through scientific research and cooperation.
    Worry about Newland.

Also it was one nanomage on his own accord. Everyone just adds fuel to the fire then placing the blame fully on NLF. Take a step back look at the big picture. All rage should be put on to the person accused, not the NLF as a whole.

*shakes head* So much hate an automatic blaming, without looking into yourselves as contributing to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Senobyte
    ((OOC: was actually quite fun to have that little "interruption", perked up out event no end, nothing more fun than having something unexpected happen during some RP and having to make things up on the fly))
    ((couldn't agree more!! they actually brought life to the mundaneness that was the Newland Mayoral Elections, prescripted crud is so boring to me. spontaneousness and "real" IC reactions in real time is where people start to shine. Anyone can write stories, but on the fly unexpected situations are where the true people really shine.))
    Last edited by SirNegs; Feb 9th, 2006 at 01:52:34.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

It is way to easy just to blame Gorgefodder3 for this. Let's not forget he was aided by two other NLF members Yalem and Bloudless!

[Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: pulls out a Ancient Polymer Based Explosive and places it on the COSBots head. "Nobody move! Or I blast it!"
    [Vicinity] Kettera: steps back a bit.
    [Vicinity] Muondo: Settle down.. this is a freandly....
    [Vicinity] Cosbot0003: scanning....
    [Vicinity] Spidah: eek!
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: sets the timer ticking
    [Vicinity] Eeod: uh oh
    [Vicinity] Yalem: Swings her Scythe around her head
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: I suggest you leave
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: Before the explosion
    [Vicinity] Senobyte: well if the NLF would like to provide an alternate power source.....
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: Anything but Notum
    [Vicinity] Yalem: coughs
    [Vicinity] Cosbot0003: uh=oh
    [Vicinity] Spidah: edges towards the door
    [Vicinity] Senobyte: wow, clever, eny suggestions?
    [Vicinity] Bloudless: let us just blow this puppy
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: nods
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: Not long now
    [Vicinity] Jilien: Can the bot be used as a personal stand in during a hostage crisis?
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: *Cosbot003's head explodes in a shower of circuitry*
    [Vicinity] Yalem: Laughs Evil
    [Vicinity] Spidah: hey!
    [Vicinity] Bloudless: TILL ALL ARE FREE!!
    [Vicinity] Gorgefodder3: TIll all are free!
    [Vicinity] Motafrancis: mourns Remains of Cosbot0003
    [Vicinity] Senobyte: sonofa.........
    [Vicinity] Kettera: sighs
    [Vicinity] Yalem: Till All Are Free
    [Vicinity] Eeod: EEEK!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    Worry about Newland.
    Unlike many others, I worry about all people, neutral or not, nanomage or not, Newland citizen or not.

Only an ostrich is claimed to put its head in the sand when problems arise.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

So much intolerance, so much pain unto others, and so much lack of co-operation. You have to wonder if the world is just descending into some kind of mess you would expect to see if you filled a shuttle full of roller rats and threw in a credit chip and a ‘trox as it came into land :P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Stefano laughs to himself.

Why kill them off now? With all those explosions eventually they'll all die off one way or another.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

But thats just more violence Stefano, and as has been shown with the whole Clan/Omni fights for control of this world, it accomplishes nothing but to create more bloodshed, which in a very round about way is only contributing to the issues which the NLF are trying to show the world. Since whenever anyone "dies" is it not through the use of notum that they are (usually) resurrected. The exact same reason why the reclaim technology works no where else other than this planet. The more killing, be that by the Clans, Omni, or Neutrals like the NLF does nothing but to increase notum usage. Sad really, even more so when some of us are currently trapped due to such thing...but then again, thats something wholely different.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Reclaim technology depends on Notum in the air to function. It doesn't use it to work.

So if Mother Ka is bled dry of Notum, there won't be any working Reclaim technology left either.
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Actually Sorceress, it's alot grimmer than that. Without Notum, chances are Omni-Tek will just turn off the terraforming machines, pack up and go home.

Rubi-Ka is not a habitable planet. I know it looks like a proper world if you are out and about in Galway or Andromeda, but really it is lifeless lump of rock with machinery pumping in an artificial atmosphere.

It maybe that one can live in the Shadowlands, but Rubi-Ka itself is really just a glorified space station. And I say that as someone who third generation Rubi-Kan.

The good news is that notum is virtually infinite as far as anyone can establish. It's a paradox, but then it's neitehr the first or the last paradox we've encountered here.

Dabblez
    Last edited by Savoy; Feb 24th, 2006 at 20:51:17.

This is what I've been trying to get across to many of you.

There is no reason for Omni-tek to be here if there is no notum left. They will simply leave all non-employees behind. And since the nanomage was designed specific to aid in the mining of notum, why would Omni-tek take these people with them when they leave. They won't. Nanomages have always been considered simply an invented tool that can be discarded without concern or care.

I do truely hope that the supply of notum is pardoxicly infinite. But I would not risk the lives of an entire species, natural or artifical, on this bet.

Any solution to the nanomage issues that involves the application of notum is meaningless if the notum is depleated. Just keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    It is way to easy just to blame Gorgefodder3 for this. Let's not forget he was aided by two other NLF members Yalem and Bloudless!
    Yes please blame me..

in fact here you go Dab..

Everyone I did it.. I made the explosive that I gave to Gorge..

Got a problem with it?

Good!

Because I have a problem with you killing my family and my people with your mining.

Though I have to say it was hardly fair and equal that I blew up a minor robot that served really no purpose while you still kill hundreds of mages or troxian DAILY!!

So come catch me if you can.. I will be the one smiling over you when my Butcher rips your head off in the middle of the night. Or the one screaming TILL ALL ARE FREE!! as I rip apart your mines and set my brothers free.

~Bloudless
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Bloudless.

Given the NLF historic decision to give up violence and pursue the nanomage agenda via peaceful means, all is forgiven and forgotten. So let's not talk about ripping heads off, but rather look forward towards better days for all of Rubi-Ka!

Dabblez

Hmm makes me think the NLF should start to keep an eye on some of their more extremist members. Would be sad to see an uninformed or reluctant/resistant member go against the new preachings of the Nanomages.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Bloudless.

Given the NLF historic decision to give up violence and pursue the nanomage agenda via peaceful means, all is forgiven and forgotten. So let's not talk about ripping heads off, but rather look forward towards better days for all of Rubi-Ka!

Dabblez
    Does that mean you will stop mining?

~Bloudless
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    Does that mean you will stop mining?

~Bloudless
    Hmm one could still imply a threat of violence. May I suggest to talk to your leader, and keep up to date with the groups new ways to attain your goals.

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast