Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Stop the NLF?

Who Will Stop the NLF?

Doesn't anyone have the guts to take on the Nanomage Liberation Front? Has this not gone far enough? Was it not enough the NLF targetted humans with their mad bomb attacks, must they destroy robots too?

Yesterday RUR was holding a sales demonstration of our latest robot range for the public at large at Reets Retreat. Suddenly the villanous Gorgefodder3 of the NLF, assisted by the equally ruthless Yalem and Bloudless, leaps in front of the crowd, pulls out a Ancient Polymer Based Explosive and places it on the COSBots head then shouts. "Nobody move! Or I blast it!" The robot exploded, the public evacuated and the terrorists got away.

RUR will consider its options to respond to this latest outrage. In the meantime though, in a show of defiance, we will immediately offer a 25% discount on all our products to any organisation which is actively involved in Notum mining or Notum export.

Don't mess with us Nanomage Liberation Front. We may seem harmless beneath those thick glasses, bow ties and mismatched socks, but there is no greater power than power of Science!

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

...well, at least nothing expect Funding.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy

RUR will consider its options to respond to this latest outrage. In the meantime though, in a show of defiance, we will immediately offer a 25% discount on all our products to any organisation which is actively involved in Notum mining or Notum export.

Don't mess with us Nanomage Liberation Front. We may seem harmless beneath those thick glasses, bow ties and mismatched socks, but there is no greater power than power of Science!

Dabblez
    Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Don't you see that all you do is further provoke more actions. All of you, more threats, more retaliation, all you do is contribute to the cycle that keeps on repeating itself.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I'll happily attempt to slay any that enter political zones.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I talked to the NLF, I have yet to talk to Gorge himself yet... but here is the log.
    Flyktigvind: I want to know "Their" part of the story of what happened on saturday.. that is all.
    : Katralina's pet, Belamorte: I'm ready to serve you...
    Nohva: I can tell you this
    Nohva: They did not act on the authority of the NLF
    Nohva: Gorgefodder
    Akhilleus: Must be that ugly helmet that threw me.
    Nohva: has a history of this type of thing
    Nohva: He acts always on his own
    Nohva: His actions on saturday
    Nohva: were in no way of any benefit to our cause
    Nohva: probably more harm than good
    Flyktigvind: Alright, and what of Yalem?
    Nohva: A Brash error on her part
    Katralina: Yalem said she just went to watch
    Gobs: Yalem was just there at the same time
    Nohva: she i syoung yet
    Nohva: aye
    Flyktigvind: So they attacked the RUR demonstration on their own accord?
    Katralina: on His
    Katralina: Gorge acted alone
    Nohva: Yes I assure you this didnt come from the NLF council
    Nohva: Look up gorges record
    Nohva: you will see
    Nohva: he has a history of this
    Akhilleus: Nano's please.
    Flyktigvind: So, now I need to ask gorge "WHY" he did it.
    Nohva: You can ask him, I have no problem with that
    Nohva: But Ill ber certain to pass him the message that you were interested in speaking with him
    Flyktigvind: I will leave you now, and, thank you for your cooperation.
    Nohva: Thank you for yours
    Nohva: Good day trox, be safe

Seems a bit too convienent, frankly. Have a radical branch of the NLF do things that the more "moderate" leadership publicly disavows any knowledge or support of, yet still let that radical branch call themselves part of the Front?

Either they're telling the truth and the Nanomage Liberation Front cannot control their own membership, or they're lying and the leadership secretly supports Gorge's actions. I don't like either possibility.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

I’m seriously concerned by this act of violence inside a neutral city against a well respected company. I call on the Nano Liberation Front to immediately stop this kind of hostility.

A lasting solution to the problems that nanomages might face can only be found through scientific research and cooperation.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

25% discount...put me down for 2 of those COSBot's.

And in sight of recent events I would like to donate 10m towards RuR's research.
    concider it a reserch grant from a private citizen.

Maybe you could design a better mineing bot or newer,more effective towers....that would of course save more lives due to mineing terrorisim as well as raise profit's in an econemy based on mineing.

contact me @ your erliest convenince savoy

Drgrimmy
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

I think there should be a warrent on everyone in the NLF for arrest, and then take them down.

Omni is killing Nanomages and Atroxes alike every day with their mining and NOONE cares, but us!

Now one from our front blows up a robot and you all go crazy about it!!

Is it just me or is something VERY wrong with this picture?
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    Now one from our front blows up a robot and you all go crazy about it!!

Is it just me or is something VERY wrong with this picture?
    Without in any way siding with terrorist methods or those who utilise them, I must admit I also consider humanoid lives way more important than some robot..
    I think of my friends, of any affiliation, and I would much rather that a robot was harmed than any of them.. particularly the children, of course..
    Then again, I don't go for profit at all costs, even if I own a business.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Did the robot explode first and then the Ancient Polymer Based Explosive or the other way around?

Not that it matters really, this initiative from RUR is going to hit these terrorists hard and is very welcome.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    Not that it matters really, this initiative from RUR is going to hit these terrorists hard and is very welcome.
    Virta, darling...we are not as afraid of the rest of you as you seem to think we are.

Recruitment is on the rise. More mages join us daily to fight for a good cause--the protection of the Nanomage species.

You won't bring us to our knees. Good luck trying.

~Solanu
    Squad Commander
    The Nanomage Liberation Front

How typically Omni...Greedy as ever...

25% discount on their products to any organisation which is actively involved in Notum mining or Notum export. if they suddenly can afford to give such a discount it can only mean that they ripped you off all this time by asking way to much for what ever they offered you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    Virta, darling...we are not as afraid of the rest of you as you seem to think we are.

Recruitment is on the rise. More mages join us daily to fight for a good cause--the protection of the Nanomage species.

You won't bring us to our knees. Good luck trying.

~Solanu
    Squad Commander
    I thought you people didn't support Gorge's actions.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by LLJKTonitrum
    I thought you people didn't support Gorge's actions.
    I never said I supported his actions. I wasn't there. I don't pretend to know what happened.

What I said was, the NLF are not easilly defeated. And more join the cause every day.

~Solanu
    Squad Commander

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Really? Seems rather disingenious of you to bring up your group's "good cause" in connection with an attack on a corporation owned in part by loyal Omni-Tek employees, including more than one fellow officer, if you do not want the two to be connected.

Tell me. If the Nanomage Liberation Front truly does not support this attack, as your so-called "General" wants to argue -- indeed, if Gorgefodder has a history of lending the name to causes that the rest of the Front does not share -- why do you let him carry your banner?
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Frankly, we need to examine where the control of capital resides (OT and their pawns) and how to redistribute it in such a way that all can participate in building an equitable and free Rubi-Ka.

If the NLF can help shift the allocation of capital to those that are oppressed perhaps all the better for peace and equality on Rubi-ka.

The question of how this is done . . . well I am not here to condone or discount methods, but the flow of capital must shift . . .

And somewhere, in many forms, the oppressed are working on shifting it. Is this part of the NLF plot?

And does NLF get a discount on RUR products?

"Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity."
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Ralphie: Strength and honor!
    Tony: Scotch and soda!"

Oesterlaan "Hilorian" Merckxx
    214.5/18.6 Fixer
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac.../name/hilorian
    Board Member of The Mockers

Restribution from Omni-Tek coffers into Jacobi's, I'm sure you mean. And you call US slaves to capitalism?
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Just like any other organization on this planet, it consists of individuals. You talk as if the NLF council, or any other leadership position, is able to control the actions of every single member at at every moment of time. This is not a slave based society where the actions of all can be controlled.

One simply needs to review public record to see that Gorgefodder is often the central focus to any negative action recognized as being NLF related. It is the individual that is the problem, not an entire organization.

When Omni-pol preforms an illegal action, how many claim that this means Zora must be arrest? It doesn't make much sense.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast