Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armor needs to be capped!

Go to a lot of PvP zones and you see people sitting on the side lines (75%) asking people who are green to them for duels. Sure when it is a one on one situation every time, there is not much skill involved in this case.

terribly true. its a sad sight to see people fighting like mad only to realise that the only people in my range are sitting on the sidelines.

Re: Re: Skill != equipment

Originally posted by Yazule

gear = wins = skill
    Gear is not skill, gear can never be skill. Skill is an ability, gear is items. Calculating implants, buffs, item boosts etc is not skill, will never be skill, it's bickering for people with no lifes and nothing better to spend their games on. If you want SKILL into this game, you have to make the PvP more FPS like (first person shooter). I have, by advise from a friend, taken a bit of look at a game comming out called Neocron. I would define this game as a mix between FPS and MMORPG, which actually seems to be truely amasing.

At the moment, there is no skill involved in PvP, there is tactics, of some sort, but no skill. Equipping QL200 armor as early as possible isn't a skill, and it isn't even needed. I've been wearing QL97 and above armor for ages, and have not yet suffered a PvP death. I finally, at level 145, equipped most of my QL200 armour. Left is 182 helmet, 152 and 97 sleeves, because I simply don't have the spare time spending hours to roll for ****. Very handy for those of you who have nothing else than gaming going on in your lifes, not handy for the rest of us.

Not having a life is not a skill (it's a disability).

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

I don't PvP much, but I just had to post a reply to Illu's post...

Calculating gear is actually a skill, because you have to balance implants, find the right kind of armor (i.e. elite sucks if you fight chem damage weapons), earn the money to buy this equipment and so on.

If you for some reason think you should be able to compete when you won't bother to spend time improving your char then...what are you saying? Should a level 50 soldier who spend 1 hour a week ingame be able to compete with a level 50 soldier who spends 3 hours a day working on his char? Really?

Same goes for FPS games, if you think you can just buy RtCW, power up, log on and win the game...you're wrong. To have skill you have to practise, to practise you have to play... The more you play, the better you get.

Skill is not just being able to point your cursor at the head of some other player, you have to have experience as well. Someone who knows about the weakness of elite armor would be able to use that to his advantage, an NT could use his chem-based DDs for example. Knowing what evades do is important, and making the right choice between raising evades or abilites could be a lifesaver. This knowledge is not something you get for free when buying the game, this is something you learn by playing. If you refuse to learn, you will loose.

Originally posted by Wenzell
    However I just cant do anything against overequipping agent or trader, lvl 50 with ql 150 wep ??, often 3-4 shots kill. I cant even last 10 seconds. I would love to see all these ppl crying after funcom implements the nerf patch.
    Awww.... well maybe you should know one thing wenzell... you are only seeing a small part of the game and characters go all the way to Lvl 200.... Agents end up being one of the weakest classes by the end. Our guns just don't match up against others..... I look at the sub-Lvl75 game as more of my glory days..... I've Equipped my last weapon now and I will only become worse and worse as we go.... most fights I don't get to use any specials... My weapon has a 2.5 sec recharge and a 2.5 second delay.... so before you get all excited and beg and laugh at traders and agents think of one thing.... you are ruining the only time that most agents are able to compete.... I'm a top agent and I already am seeing myself wane.... If you were constructive you might look for ways to keep the low level agents from getting high level buffs.... Personally I don't think a Lvl 20 player should be able to get a +132 wrangle or Sniper's bliss and I have posted asking for Funcom to put a cap on nanos.... such that you can't buff someone unless they are at least as high level as you.

Of course I can't wait til you are laughing at the Lvl 100 trader, who suddenly hits you for Ransack and Deprive and you notice you just lost 150 skill from you weapon and you pet has stopped listening to you. Have you seen how much Ransacks and Deprive remove from ALL your nano skills and from ALL your weapon skills.

With the current state of the game a Lvl 90ish deprive will take about 100-120 points of damage off your weapon....and that stacks with a ransack which will take about the same. If you don't believe me.... take a Lvl 75 player to the East camp in 2OK and hunt the Dealers there. They are Yellow to me, but kill my average damage. I also can NEVER crit when they debuff me by 100+.

And by the way..... when that Trader Ransacks and Deprives you.... You lose 150 skill from your nano's and weapons.... so lets say you had 450 Nano skill with which you control your bot.... you now have 300 nano skill so you can no longer control your bot..... your attack rating is destroyed as well... I have a 630 attack rating, fully buffed at Lvl85 with QL130 implants.... that mean I suddenly have a 480 attack rating (actually when I was debuffed the other day I fell all the way to 430)...

But thats not the half of it..... Now the trader has gone from a 630 attack rating..... 750 attack rating because he gains about +120 weapon and nano skills. This means he can use a weapon with up to 1,000 skill reqs (750/.75).... HMMMMMM... this is any weapon in the game and he'll hit you as if he is Lvl 200 even though he is only Lvl 85..... then you will be on here in a few months whining to nerf him too, because you lost to him in every PvP battle.

I hate how no one thinks about the outcome.... and just want to see classes nerfed so that they beat everyone in that class everytime they PvP....

If you think you are underpowered ask to be improved, if you think you are weak against a particular class think of ways you can even yourself out....

Red face

Originally posted by eleetist

I hate how no one thinks about the outcome.... and just want to see classes nerfed so that they beat everyone in that class everytime they PvP....

If you think you are underpowered ask to be improved, if you think you are weak against a particular class think of ways you can even yourself out....

Could not agree more!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, any1 that don't think Traders are powerfull.....they have yet to meet 1.

A lvl 75 Trader would prolly kill casterprofessions up till lvl 200 if he is well build and get can stack his debuffs, then he roots...then he debuffs again...with better debuff...due to his better skills...then he shoots.....then he roots...and that silly caster can only stand there figuring out where he last saved....

It's realy hard to not cry for a nerf here, but FC realy has to take a look at how to balance this out...and they have told the comunity that they are. I only hope they do it smooth, so it don't ruin the fine Traderprofession.
    Traders was powerfull prepatch too, but now they are even better :-)

"Same goes for FPS games, if you think you can just buy RtCW, power up, log on and win the game...you're wrong. To have skill you have to practise, to practise you have to play... The more you play, the better you get."

That isn't really true. When I bought AvP2, I started immediately the owning process. In my first gaming session I came second on the chart. After that I have won almost every single map I have played on :P

AO has nothing to do with skill, it is all about knowledge. You need to know what to in different situations, you don't need to know how to do it.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12