Thread: The Return of MD Clan

Exclamation The Return of MD Clan

:: Intro ::

It has been a while since I have lead dragons. I lost myself in the Shadowlands, in anger from the betrayal of officers who brought my clan to it's knees which lead to the clan disbanding.

I took it all out on the Unredeemed, fighting them all the way to Pandemonium itself. Rage drove me forward, revenge in my mind almost at all times.

I thought that reaching enlightenment would give me the power I need to destroy those I dispised. Instead it brought light into my eyes, and the storm within became a calm sea.

Without vengeance in my mind a more clear path showed itself. I missed being a mercury dragon, so why not reform the clan and start again?

But it would not be the same, it couldn't. I had to move forward, learn from the past but at the same time move ahead. Mercury Dragons fell, what must arise must not be a duplicate of the old...it had to be different.

Military....yes, but specialized, more cunning, better equipped. And most important, to play to it's strenght. Mercury Dragons was no more....MD - Special Ops was reborn from the ashes of the old.

Mercury Dragons at heart, to the end.

:: Clan Data ::

Description:
    MD - Special Ops is a covert organization that serves and protects the clans. Most of our work is considered classified and on a 'need to know' basis

Objective:
    To eliminate all threats to the clans on Rubika and the Shadowlands, including the Alien Invasion. We will assist in the Notum Wars indirectly and undercover to avoid risking our own covert operations

History:
    Founded in 29475 (2001), Mercury Dragons Clan is one of the oldest and probably the only remaining true military organization among the clans

:: Notes ::

We'll remain small, covert and do our work in the shadows. We shall walk where the council cannot, to help and assist them wherever we can. To contact those in the corporation willing to help our cause from where they are, to reach out to the neutrals so they see our true and just ways. To our enemies we will be the unexpected, the unwanted, the fear in their eyes.

We are clan, we are freedom. But what we want the most, is true independence. To have a free Rubi-Ka, for all.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

As much a shame as it is that the old Mercury Dragons don't exist anymore, you have to be honest now, Wind. This is not the same clan, and it wasn't founded several years ago. The clan data in your statement makes it seem like the two are the same. This clan is the one you joined after the crisis in MD and then renamed from Dreamcatchers to MD - Special Ops when you took over, it's not Mercury Dragon clan with a four year old history. Shouldn't there be credit where credit is due, to those who helped build Dreamcatchers to what MD - Special Ops is today?

There's nothing wrong in renaming or rebuilding a clan, but you should be more accurate with historic facts when presented publicly so there's no doubt of what happened when and what clan is what.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tussa
    As much a shame as it is that the old Mercury Dragons don't exist anymore, you have to be honest now, Wind. This is not the same clan, and it wasn't founded several years ago. The clan data in your statement makes it seem like the two are the same. This clan is the one you joined after the crisis in MD and then renamed from Dreamcatchers to MD - Special Ops when you took over, it's not Mercury Dragon clan with a four year old history. Shouldn't there be credit where credit is due, to those who helped build Dreamcatchers to what MD - Special Ops is today?

There's nothing wrong in renaming or rebuilding a clan, but you should be more accurate with historic facts when presented publicly so there's no doubt of what happened when and what clan is what.
    [OOC]
    Yeah old MD is dead, but IC it's spirit remains, I kept the org going, and it fell when I stopped leading it. I blame myself for that. The deal with DC and it's founder was between me and him, I have no idea why you're getting involved on how MD is reformed or the arragements behind it which were 100% OOC.

MD - Special Ops carries the MD name because I made the org in 2001, and I lead it for 3 years. I think I earned the right to revive it any way I choose to after the way it went down last year.

I'm going back to RP because I missed it, that's all.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

[What are you going OOC for?]

Do as you please, Windguaerd, but don't make it seem like something it's not. That's my gripe. You present the two clans as if they were one and the same. MD - Special Ops is not the original Mercury Dragons, you know that too. The history of the two clans is not the same, no matter how much anyone wants it to be, so why not present it as it is instead.
    Last edited by Tussa; Feb 5th, 2006 at 14:32:52.