Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: These are our patch notes?!?

Info! Hoorah!
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

What is that shrill sound in my head??!!!!

Originally posted by BoomDoom

I do enjoy the game, a whole lot. I can't stand Funcom, but i like their game. Problem is, some day, some company that has good customer support and great communication is going to make another game that i like almost as much, and I'll pick great customer service and a good game over terrible service and communication and a great game any day of the week. And I doubt I'm alone.
    I seem to get it every time BoomDoom breaks out her soapbox. Boom, lighten up a bit. It's a service that you are paying for and if it angers you that part isn't good, move on to another game. Think of AO as a restaurant. Would you keep going if the entrees sucked but the appetizers were the greatest? Maybe. Maybe not. Whichever, you wouldn't you scream incessantly at the chef about the entrees.

Cz, thanks for the additional answers.

Kinda reminds me of the Hecklers in the Muppets.
    Last edited by Ulujain; Aug 12th, 2002 at 01:51:50.

That sound is my metaphorical chainsaw ripping into CZ's soft flesh

Originally posted by The Captain

I seem to get it every time BoomDoom breaks out her soapbox. Boom, lighten up a bit. It's a service that you are paying for and if it angers you that part isn't good, move on to another game. Think of AO as a restaurant. Would you keep going if the entrees sucked but the appetizers were the greatest? Maybe. Maybe not. Whichever, you wouldn't you scream incessantly at the chef about the entrees.

Cz, thanks for the additional answers.
    Ok people, time to explain some things.

First, I don't how far back many of you go, but i go in computer basically to the beginning. Back when this is all started computer games were basically for computer nerds. The market wasn't as big, there's weren't as many companies, and the companies were smaller. Back then, when a game came out the "nerds" would go nuts over it and pick apart every detail. If the game came up short, not only would people complain, but they would actually commit crimes to express their displeasure. Now, obviously this wasn't the proper way to go about it, but there was no internet to complain on, so they felt harrassing phone calls, slashed tires, and stupid stuff like that was the way to go. I never agreed, but (being a child) i never tried to stop them. I'm wondering how we got from being so critical that crimes were commited to the point that not only do people not care if a product or service lacks, they actually chastise the players that do voice a concern. Not only do you roll over and take the companies crap, but you give flak to the people that don't. Its so confusing to me.

Next, your restaurant example is a terrible one. I'll give you a better example that really fits the spirit of the complaint more. I love Pizza Hut, and i have ever since i was a kid. I love the pan pizza, the stuffed crust, and most of all the garlic bread with cheese. I'd eat at Pizza Hut every day, if it wasn't for one thing. I've been to more Pizza Huts then i can count on my fingers (which is a lot considering i count on my hands using binary) and never, not once, have I encountered a Pizza Hut with good service. I love the food, I hate the service, as it universially sucks. That doesn't mean i don't go, but i now limit myself to maybe once a month, as opposed to every day. Eventually someone is going to make a chain of Pizza joints that makes Pizza I like just as much where the service is good and I'll eat there from now on (Papa John's anyone?). When that happens Pizza Hut will be replaced. Not because i like Papa John's more, but because the service is so much better I'll eat the slighty lesser pizza.

Now, to all the people that say to lighten up and its only a game. To you people I say simply, NOT A CHANCE. Playing computer games has been my hobby for the last 20 years. Its what i like to do. I enjoy it and I take it fairly seriously. Not so seriously that i'd kill myself if my level 50 super ranger got killed and lost the title of grand tree hugger of the forest, but seriously enough that i like the games i play to be quality and have good support. Its like sports fans. I have a good friend that's really into baseball, and he's upset that the baseball season might end bacause of the impending strike. He thinks its sad that Barry Band's season may be cut short and that he'll miss watching the games into the fall. Do I tell him to chill out because its only a game? No, because to him its not just a game, its something he's very intersted in and has been for years. He talks to peope about it, goes to conventions, and surfs the web to learn more about baseball. And that's ok, its his hobby, and games are my hobby. I will take it seriously and you'll just have to get over it.

Now, to all of you that just want us 'trolls' off out of the game I have this to say to you. What do you think Funcom would do if even 10% of their player base just went away? They've already cut staff to the point that nothing has gotten done in months and nobody can communicate anything to us. Do you honestly believe that they're fixed costs are so low that they don't need my money? When SWG comes out how many people are going to leave for that? How about Planetside? Or Neocron? Or a dozen other games? All of this will eat away at Funcom unti only the diehards are left, and that won't be enough people to keep the game going.

I understand that Funcom will not please everyone all of the time. And i get that the things like "Traders are too uber" get tiring and aren't really somerthing that can be dealt with. But my complaint is really a universal one that affects everyone in the gme. Improve your custoemr service and relations. Right now its terrible. IF it remains terrible we will go to a game that listens and responds to what we say. Frankly, its more fun for a lot of people to be in a smaller community, of a new game, and to be actually able to see were your input has been used then it is to be in something like this where the customer service team is just completely worthless. I can't believe i'm seeing people fawn over CZ for saying "we don't know" in different phrasing. Its not new info, its the same old line. And half of this board falls for it everytime. Doesn't it annoy you that your being played as suckers? Not even a little?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Post Re: That sound is my metaphorical chainsaw ripping into CZ's soft flesh

Originally posted by BoomDoom

I understand that Funcom will not please everyone all of the time. And i get that the things like "Traders are too uber" get tiring and aren't really somerthing that can be dealt with. But my complaint is really a universal one that affects everyone in the gme. Improve your custoemr service and relations. Right now its terrible. IF it remains terrible we will go to a game that listens and responds to what we say. Frankly, its more fun for a lot of people to be in a smaller community, of a new game, and to be actually able to see were your input has been used then it is to be in something like this where the customer service team is just completely worthless. I can't believe i'm seeing people fawn over CZ for saying "we don't know" in different phrasing. Its not new info, its the same old line. And half of this board falls for it everytime. Doesn't it annoy you that your being played as suckers? Not even a little?
    So bloody condescending. Who's the sucker, paying a company to complain about it, in effect?

Originally posted by Ulujain
    Kinda reminds me of the Hecklers in the Muppets.
    Yeah, looks like Omni-Tek has taken Statler and Waldorf (those were their names), cloned them a few dozen (or a few hundered) times, and populated the forums with them :P
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

BoomDoom, big deal seriously. This year, 2002, I celebrate my 19th year of trolling Usenet and my 22nd or 23rd year of owning a computer of some description. Chances are, I've been online in one way or the other longer than legends in their own mind like CaptFallout and Cloudeh have been alive. Once again, big deal.

I love games also, from AppleIIe, Vic20, Kaypro el crappo's, Trash-80's right up to now.

The fact still remains valid despite your vintage or my vintage; if you don't like this game, leave.

Who are you trying to kid by staying? You're not doing me any favors; if AO goes south, I'll move on to something else. Oh well, too bad, so sad as the saying goes.

And I'm sure everybody else will move on as well.

BoomDoom, big deal seriously. This year, 2002, I celebrate my 19th year of trolling Usenet and my 22nd or 23rd year of owning a computer of some description. Chances are, I've been online in one way or the other longer than legends in their own mind like CaptFallout and Cloudeh have been alive. Once again, big deal.

I love games also, from AppleIIe, Vic20, Kaypro el crappo's, Trash-80's right up to now.

The fact still remains valid despite your vintage or my vintage; if you don't like this game, leave.

Who are you trying to kid by staying? You're not doing me any favors; if AO goes south, I'll move on to something else. Oh well, too bad, so sad as the saying goes.

Totally agree

Can i ask a question? I mean, seriosuly. How many times do i have to say I like the game before people understand that i like the game? I take issue with the costumer service, and that's it. I like the game. If I didn't I wouldn't play it or spend the time in the forums. I like Anarchy Online. I dislike Funcom's treatment of its customers. I still fail to understand how anyone can spend any time in these forums and NOT have a problem with the way that Funcom conducts itself.

Even if you're right about every one of the fan boys just moving on, which I don't think you are, there are some people that will not simply be able to move on. The people that make the game. That's the part that I'll never understand. Why does Funcom purposely shoot themselves in the foot over something as simple as paying attention to their customers for no reason?

I'll never understand it.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Now you're making little sense. If Funcom does fold, the fanboys CAN'T hang around. There won't be anything to hang around.

As for Funcom shooting themselves in the foot, oh well. I know you're sympathetic to it all, but at the end of the day that's Funcom's problem.

And I think they know it by now.

Now you're making little sense. If Funcom does fold, the fanboys CAN'T hang around. There won't be anything to hang around.

As for Funcom shooting themselves in the foot, oh well. I know you're sympathetic to it all, but at the end of the day that's Funcom's problem.

And I think they know it by now.
    ever been to www.realmserver.com . basicly seirra lost to much money from lack of customers, handed there product over. Its now running on a POS server in codemasters basement. lol like 500 people tops on at a time anymore.

So AO may be around way after its dead.

On a side note. I hope it never dies and always improves.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Yep, I remember The Realm. Sadly, it was garbage to begin with. Pioneering garbage mind you, but like Meridian 59 and that SSI Dark Sun MMORPG, all part of the great Smithsonian Come and Gone MMORPG museum.

I sincerely wish Funcom all the best success. After seeing their drama in getting publicity and sales for The Longest Journey here in the US, they arguably deserve it.

The Longest Journey is still one of the better adventure games I've played.

PS: Funcom, when's April Ryan's cameo in AO?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234