Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: These are our patch notes?!?

I heard it was going to be a part of 14.6 with somethings initally from 14.6 mostly like fixes
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

Unhappy

My point is that FC, not me or you or the players, but FC said that odd numbered patches are for bug fixes and that even numbered patches are for content.

So if this is a content patch it should be called 14.6 not 14.5.

If they now want to throw this numbering convention out the window fine, just don't change it every month.

They really do seem to have lost the plot. They whent to the trouble of posting that the patch notes will be released later in the week to only come back and say, No ETA, new outdoor hunting grounds. Why not just say that earlier in the week?

They promised nothing in the update that couldnt have been posted earlier in the week. No ETA, no details, nothing that they couldnt have come up and said earlier.

If they where waiting to see what could/couldn't be delivered in 14.6 before posting then that means they know the contents of 14.6 and the patch notes should be up!

Well, maybe they have listened to the community.
    At patch 14.2 or 14.4, people were so pissed off at the bugs that came along, anf started to flame FC for being so eager to get the patches out, and that it would be better to really test them more before release. Maybe thats what they are doing now, and now you are all bitc*ing about the time it takes for the patch to get released. Take a chill-pill, play and have some fun...

my 2 cents
    Last edited by Zizayu; Aug 9th, 2002 at 09:11:50.
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

These patch notes are an INSULT.

There is NO WAY they do not have a lot more information about what is coming out.

They're just too lazy or clueless or disorganized to release quality information.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

I'd wait that new piece of information till next monday.
    Regards,
    Chromad

Advisor of the First Order

Tukan | Chromad | Mikados

Originally posted by Borrace
    funcom sucks.

thanks for the "update"

next time please put up a blank page...it is just as useful and informative.
    Bwahahahahaha! You are even more trollish then me sometimes Borrace.

Well for everyone that is so upset about that it has not come any new patch: Take a min and relax as you think about all the good thing with no patch yet. No new bugs, no new nerfs, no more classbablancing stuff that is only given to bosses once in a blue moon and generaly less things messed up by FC.
    Take time and enjoy the calm because sone the autum storms of change and nerfs probably begins again.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

I have inside information!!! This was sent to me minutes ago by an unnamed source within the development team:

Patch notes for 14.7
    1. stuff
    2. things

I don't know about you, but I cant wait! I hope "things" doesn't get pushed back to the expansion pack for being too time consuming to complete.
    Last edited by Travesty; Aug 9th, 2002 at 12:15:53.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Talking

Hehe. Sorry Cz, just funnin ya
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

Originally posted by Sandtrap
    Give them time, and while you're waiting download neocron beta 4 and never look back!!!!!
    Tried a early neocron beta and I wont go back there

Running around in the sewers and doing that lame puzzle just to open a door is just not my idea of fun

Thumbs down lol

You people are so whiney! Don't you have anything better to do?

In the absence of any info: YOU WHINE! YOU SCREAM! YOU DEMAND INFO!

A small piece of info comes out: YOU WHINE! YOU SCREAM! YOU DEMAND EVEN MORE INFO!!!

Final patch notes are released: YOU WHINE! YOU SCREAM! YOU POST VORACIOUSLY IN THE FORUMS ABOUT UNINTENDED NERFS!!!!! YOU THREATEN TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!!

And then you wait a few weeks and start the whole process over again.

People complained about the lack of high level outdoor content. They just told you they've been listening and now you have an aneurysm about it? Are you people really as stupid as this makes you seem??

Originally posted by Grandmusta
    My point is that FC, not me or you or the players, but FC said that odd numbered patches are for bug fixes and that even numbered patches are for content.

So if this is a content patch it should be called 14.6 not 14.5.

If they now want to throw this numbering convention out the window fine, just don't change it every month.

They really do seem to have lost the plot. They whent to the trouble of posting that the patch notes will be released later in the week to only come back and say, No ETA, new outdoor hunting grounds. Why not just say that earlier in the week?

They promised nothing in the update that couldnt have been posted earlier in the week. No ETA, no details, nothing that they couldnt have come up and said earlier.

If they where waiting to see what could/couldn't be delivered in 14.6 before posting then that means they know the contents of 14.6 and the patch notes should be up!
    Well, in case you missed it, the numbering system was changed, and it looks like this will be the first patch to use the new system fully (14.4 used it, but doesn't count cause it should have been 14.3).

But, the lack of information isn't too hot. Hopefully whatever Monday's big announcement is will be worth the wait...

Re: lol

Originally posted by The Captain
    People complained about the lack of high level outdoor content. They just told you they've been listening and now you have an aneurysm about it? Are you people really as stupid as this makes you seem??
    I'm sorry. We're the ones that's aren't content with spoon fed half baked answers from a company we pay a monthly fee to.

The patch notes they posted are something i would expect from any company that does NOT charge a monthly fee. We pay for service, and 2 months with no new notes and then something like this (actually, 2 posts that say the same thing - we know nothing) is insanity. Obviously nobody has been working for the past month except CZ and the server people. I want a refund for that month.

This is crap. Anyone that sits back and says its ok for Funcom to charge full price and not provide full service is a sucker, and the reason Funcom thinks they can get away with it.

I like the game too much to quit right now. But, i already did quit once way back when and denied them my money for 6 months. You'd think that's the kind of thing they'd listen too (since there was a mass exodus last year), but they never learn.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Waiting for over a month... so WHAT!!?? Let FunCom employees enjoy their vacation, OK?? They are in fact people of blood and flesh.

Re: lol

Originally posted by The Captain
    You people are so whiney! Don't you have anything better to do?

In the absence of any info: YOU WHINE! YOU SCREAM! YOU DEMAND INFO!

A small piece of info comes out: YOU WHINE! YOU SCREAM! YOU DEMAND EVEN MORE INFO!!!

Final patch notes are released: YOU WHINE! YOU SCREAM! YOU POST VORACIOUSLY IN THE FORUMS ABOUT UNINTENDED NERFS!!!!! YOU THREATEN TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!!

And then you wait a few weeks and start the whole process over again.

You left out one important one:

When a patch is released YOU WHINE! YOU SCREAM! YOU DEMAND PATCHES ThAT ARE TESTED BETTER AND HAVE FEWER BUGS!

Sheesh, if I was Funcom, I'd say "screw you whiners" and stop posting anything about upcoming patches.

Originally posted by AbraxasPrime
    Sheesh, if I was Funcom, I'd say "screw you whiners" and stop posting anything about upcoming patches.
    And we'd say "screw you completely unresponsive company" and take our business elsewhere.

If I was Funcom i would have updates twice a week, conference with developers and players, and perhaps go as far as to have some kinf of weekly newsletter. Player suggetions would be listened to and would have feedback about what was good/bad about the idea and that feedback would be kept in its own area where it could be referenced at any time. I would also be up front and honest with players. IF the patch is delayed because of vacations I would say so and then apologize for the lack of planning by management.

And I'll bet the players would respond positivly to all of that. There would still be flaming, but it would be directed towards things in the game that the players didnt' care for, and not the company itself, and that's the way it should be.
    Last edited by BoomDoom; Aug 9th, 2002 at 17:33:49.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Thumbs up A day at the Coliseum

I love watching people duke it out over nothing. Especially when they do it voluntarily.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=42143

This was the last, "there is nothing tangible to complain about but I do in case of" thread
    Last edited by Lauraeline; Aug 9th, 2002 at 17:38:43.

Thanks CV

I am thankful for what has been said. Working at a high Tech campany, I can fully understand why things are the way they are. CV was given a teaser, he teased us, you flamed him.

I really want to tknow more, and would rather have more patches with less content than the mega patches they seem to be giving us. But it is their choice.

Thanks CV, please let us know more when available.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

ah.

Outdoor stuff and High level content. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on this one; may just pull me back in.
    Implament Improved Jumping Nanos for the MAs!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast