Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: These are our patch notes?!?

Angry These are our patch notes?!?

Patch 14.5
    No ETA
    Focus: Outdoor content, with close attention to high levels
    WHAT?!?! First you say that a bunch of stuff (weapon inits, etc.)will be fixed in 14.6 (emphasis on the SIX) now you throw us this curveball! Will this have bug fixes or just content? What stuff that you said would/might be in 14.6 will be in here? Why don't you just merge the two?!? We've been waiting for over a MONTH for our 14.x notes... we get THIS? I could understand if you released this maybe a week after 14.4 came out, letting us know that you were indeed working on this... but by now we should at least have "New camps in <zone.> The boss mobs will carry unique loot that can't even be found in team missions. The high level camps will contain aggressive monsters with high-powered nukes, but will give up to 3x the experience received from normal mission-style mobs." And continue the notes with bug fixes and new items. What we got is UNACCEPTABLE. I'm not normally a troll, but here I am trolling now. We'd better have something with something clarifying the difference between 14.5 and 14.6 in 12 hours or less, or I will be seriously pissed.
    Last edited by Intenseheat; Aug 8th, 2002 at 17:47:10.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

11hr 23 minutes and waiting

I am just waiting to see this guy get p1$$ed. I love watching people have hissy fits over things they can't control.

----------------
    Outdoor content - we would like some more everywhere. what do you mean by high levels? +60? +150?
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Probably he means by outdoor content, to put a roaming mob like tarasque in all the playfields, that can zone and enter cities and....
    wait a minute they cant do that!! (or can they? ;] ).

They are probably talking about more static quests or dungeons for over 100 and 150, maybe even a really hard dungeon for those 190 and 200

YAY!!! High level content :D

Every credit to them, this game needs high level content

At least ill have something to do while they work on bugs. This hopefully is a big gameplay fix (Being Ill be able to play and do something instead of the damn missions constantly) which to me is a Godsend.

I guess Mondays big announcement will cover this.
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER

Angry Grrrr

Be gone, good-doers! This is my thread of anger!
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I think this is the best patch notes ever. How can anyone POSSIBLY be disappointed after this?
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

funcom sucks.

thanks for the "update"

next time please put up a blank page...it is just as useful and informative.

Big Announcement

Ulakai

What big annuncement are you referring to?

Ani Mossitee
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Originally posted by Borrace
    funcom sucks.

thanks for the "update"

next time please put up a blank page...it is just as useful and informative.
    LOL!!!!!
    Techno-Wizard

Re: Big Announcement

Originally posted by Animosity
    Ulakai

What big annuncement are you referring to?

Ani Mossitee
    Dai-Galean posted in AO Basher

http://www.ao-basher.com/#news_1279
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER

Thumbs down

After waiting over a month for patch notes this is just pathetic. No ETA and a one-liner with no details.

And I thought odd numbers were reserved for patch fixes not content! Come on FC get yout bloody act together, you seem to have lost the plot completly.

Absolutely pathetic

lol, that is funny, nothing on the 14.6 patch then to tell us that there is going to be a 14.5! LOL way to go FC
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

Well. People were wondering what happened to 14.5 when they heard that 14.6 was initially gonna be the next patch. I guess this tells us where it went.
    Not whispering anymore.
    • Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...
    • If it goes 'boom' I'm probably involved, somehow...

-><- Lo, the Six Fingered Hand of Eris is held above us all... -><-

hmm this is so funcom, well its a good thing they implent it since many requested it a long time, but as usually Fc will probably only create one spot with theese mobs , so it will be so popular and so camped, well i think u can figure out the rest

^.^

Well it's not as much as I was expecting...
    But i'm glad they are working on outdoor hunting. Maybe I can bring my Engi out of retirement.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    Be gone, good-doers! This is my thread of anger!
    lol

I for one think its great news. Outdoor hunting is much more fun than endless missions in BS. And isnt it kind of silly to complain for two months that FC hasnt released any patch notes and then complain when they finally do? What are you trying to do, make them stop completely? ^_^

being from a management background, i can fully understand this. Look at it like this. Designers are planning the next patch, they have part of a list done. We are told we'll have a update by the end of the week. They are not ready yet (and I for one don't want them to rush, i'd rather it be done well).

So look at the list you got...see what is possible right away, what's easy to do, and what will satisfy a big issue. "well, mob camps, for higher lvl's will, and that's on the list....tell ya what, lets start on that right now, and release it in a sub patch before 14.6, thus adding some content that is much needed, and letting us finish this before we release it, and Cz/Cosmik (can't remember which) can post that, and that gives them some info, and something to look forward to"

I mean really you guys, you asked for some news, and now there is some...would you rather have had none? this is good news for many high lvl players. Sure it's not a novel, but it is something, and it shows they are paying attention to the "lack of high lvl content" complaint.

What they did is perfectly acceptable IMHO. Sure I was hoping for more info too, but what i did get was 'something" which when i read the many posts the bottom line was "give us something". they did, now let them work on what they need to work on, and you'll get another "something". they are under no obligation to deliver to you by a certain date...just to deliver.

Oh and before you flame (which is going to happen i'm sure) i was kinda dissapointed as well, but at least they gave us something, which is all they said they would do.
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Maybe they want to surprise us.
    For the dumb among you, surprise doesn't always mean something good.

Re: These are our patch notes?!?

Intenseheat, give a break to Cz, he's just releasing the infos he can grab as soon he got it

I guess you could think of it this way, or give up.

14.6 is suppose to be the next 'big' patch; class fixes, boss fixes, hunting fixes, lost item tools for the arks, etc...

Yet the last set of hunting fixes didnt help in the least, and there's still no high level content... things people have been complaining about for a long damn time (people were complaining about high level content since 3 months after release).

So.. FC needs more time to figure out how to un-nerf the nt's and soldiers, and how to make engineers more powerfull without them becoming unbalanced, more time to fix the boss loot tables, more time for the reimbursement tools... So they split in into to 14.5 (hunting and high level) and 14.6 (ark tools and class balance)

Give them time, and while you're waiting download neocron beta 4 and never look back!!!!!
    muahahahahhaha
    -Sand

Edit: oh and meanwhile, the boss loot tables will just get worse and worse....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast