Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelance: Mayor King happily introduces his ministers to the people, but...

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Mayor King happily introduces his ministers to the people, but...

Mayor King happily introduces his ministers to the people, but...
    January 15th, 29480 - Thibaud Denomcourt, Newland News

IRRK Freelance - Newland City, Rubi-Ka - On this day, the newly elected mayor of Newland City, Zephrem 'Toog' King, conveyed us to a little party inside Neuters'R'Us to present us his chosen ministers. Unfortunately the party's pleasant atmosphere was overshadowed by a rather malevolent gang of troublemakers.

Around the desired time specified by Mayor King in his invitation, an intriguing group of people from all breeds, professions and factions gathered. There were around twenty people, including Mr. Sotto 'Trousers' Mahoney from Omni-Trans, Mr. Kenneth 'Nulion' Age of Alpha Omega and JC Orion of the highly respected Advisors of Rubi-Ka who came especially to wish luck to all.

After some handshaking and welcoming words, Mayor King briefly introduced himself then did the same for his ministers: Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne for science, "Anamelle" Yetva for the Foreign Affairs and Daniel "Greydan" Grey at Security. For undisclosed reasons, the Minister of Trade, Rachelle "Riawn" Caris, was unable to attend.

Most notably, Mayor King declared, "Together we are your voice. To be able to speak we need to know the words to speak. So if there is 'any' problem you have, be it with other neutrals, with Clans, with Omnis, with leets or with aliens. Contact us. We are here to help you. Together we will make Newland to what I have always seen in it. A glimmering pearl of the north. A magnificent fire of trade and peace on Rubi-ka. The most famous city in the galaxy."

After that, his ministers took turns to tell us a little about themselves and let us in on some of the most pressing topics on their mind pertaining to their position.

The minister of science reminded us of some historical key points in our technological development, followed by her assurance that she will push our current limits in technology; to give the neutrals their rightful place in that area of expertise and that she'll throw the council's full support behind all initiatives to encourage them.

In her speech, Minister Yetva talked about herself: from being a chocolate vendor to a tailor. She closed shop when she had to start selling weapons, which came in conflict with her beliefs. Following these same beliefs, she applied for the position. She did despite her political lacks, because she knows she can do it. Her goal, is to make her dream a reality, one where all are again able to afford such simple pleasures of life as chocolate. That, instead of being forced to buy weapons. Her speech was spoken from the heart, no doubts.

As for Minister Grey, he greeted neutrals, clans and OT employees equally, then presented his vision: to keep all Newland citizens safe, to solve all problems and differences diplomatically. His main goal is to impose as little bloodshed as possible, none at all if he can help it. The area covered in this plan included the city, desert and their surrounding area. He admits as to the difficulties of the project, but firmly believes it can be done. His last words were to encourage all citizens to tell him at any time about all and any problems or concerns he can help with in terms of security.

Alas, quite a number of Omni-Tek employees came to Newland City and started to kill all the guards systematically while the party was still going on inside Neuters'R'Us. After a number of minutes, this resulted in the Mayor and his ministers going out of the bar to enquire what the commotions where all about. Both Mayor Toog and minister Grey addressed them several times, seemingly with no positive results. Minister Yetva, deeply concerned about the mayor, asked him to leave the streets for his own safety, which he did, going with her to one of the backyards. In the end, the whole council was safe. However, unfortunately, no one could pinpoint a reason for those hoodlums' behavior other than "for fun".

Typical. Which is why boltgun STILL needs to send me this list of equipment to obtain as trade minister to make sure our boys pack a wallop none is going to feel like testing.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Well thourgth it was fairly know that OT would react swiftly if the Newland Guard got compromized by clan infiltrators, i hear odd rumors on the street that an assasination on the mayor was foiled by a OT-FR team, so im betting my 5 creds, that this was what went down
    - Xcellers
    Alexander "Xcellers" Voss
    Info Loadout Inner Circle
    Exiled Member of Inner Circle

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

Quote Originally Posted by tk421
    i hear odd rumors on the street that an assasination on the mayor was foiled by a OT-FR team, so im betting my 5 creds, that this was what went down
    Hmmm....
    The angle I heard was that the trouble was started by Omnis, partly because the council insisted that all security would be provided by the militia. Naturally this didn't go down too well with them, and so they went to these lengths to prove the inadequacies of the Newland Militia... Needless to say, many of us among the population are urging the council to re-equip our guards to deal with any such problems in the future.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsIdoru
    Hmmm....
    The angle I heard was that the trouble was started by Omnis, partly because the council insisted that all security would be provided by the militia. Naturally this didn't go down too well with them, and so they went to these lengths to prove the inadequacies of the Newland Militia... Needless to say, many of us among the population are urging the council to re-equip our guards to deal with any such problems in the future.
    Omnis paying good?

This is just usuall Omni-Tek medling.....saying that neutrals can't take care of themself and then hammering point in by attacking the guards. Newland will lose it's neutrality and independence if OT post their guards in there. It's Tir situation all over again.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

As far as I know OT AF insisted strongly, very strongly on providing security for the introductory meeting which the Newland council refused.

There is no evidence whatsoever though that the omni who attacked the militia later on were in any way connected to OT AF. Those were just some employees bent on humiliating the neutral community most probably. There's no official word from the Ambassador as of yet.

I've heard from some clanspeople they didn't trust our militia as they were, supposedly, on OT payroll. How come if they are attacked by OT employees, daily?!

This whole incident, however unfortunate and disturbing, proves two things: our militia are NOT connected in any way to the OT. They are independent. They need better equipment as soon as possible.

Besides, I trust the Newland council to kick them out of the city, fast in case any connections to the OT or the Clans were discovered. The only people the militia should be, and are working for are the Newland citizens.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

((OOC: wouldn't it be a good idea to add the dimension where events like this happened? This happened on Rimor, not on Atlantean. I think it's confusing for people who are not all that familiar with what goes on.
    I doubt that OT would do such a thing on Atlantean. The Clans, yes, but not OT ))
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

[ Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Bump for what Yarko said. It's been talked about earlier, during the Biomare/Dust Brigade mess... but when a major character/happening is on both dimensions, it... does complicate things a little, doesn't it? We've had people come with conflicting reports (on Rimor they apparently did catch wind of a gunman when Ross was shot, which caused no matter of confusion when Rimorians and Atlanteans got to fighting about that IC).]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    ((OOC: wouldn't it be a good idea to add the dimension where events like this happened? This happened on Rimor, not on Atlantean. I think it's confusing for people who are not all that familiar with what goes on.
    I doubt that OT would do such a thing on Atlantean. The Clans, yes, but not OT ))
    ((i've been sending PM's as well, because obviously not of this happened on RK1 ... but of course I've yet to get any response but it has showed that they read it.))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    ((Yes, conveniently for RK2, over here "Clan" isn't synonymous with "Sentinel"... Maybe splitting up the news reports the same way the "Life on" and "Buzz" forums are? With global news in both?))
    Last edited by MsIdoru; Feb 4th, 2006 at 23:44:38.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

((I have brought this issue up in the last 2 greenies/players meeting. At first I recieved answer that there's no intention for such thing and at second that IRRK news already have this info. Strangely it's not the case.))
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Was Adrastus II from what I saw :P
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Sadly, there are always some private persons who wants to use any crowds as a chance to show off their skills in combat. Its sad that such idiotic activities takes place and that the Jobe Guards in Newland arent equipped to handle them.
    Maybe another donation could help them with this problem. Only, now that Mr.Ross isnt around anymore.......... who will help them?
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

We can equip our own militia, thank you. Actually, the council is working on it, as far as I know.
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Maybe another donation could help them with this problem. Only, now that Mr.Ross isnt around anymore.......... who will help them?
    We're looking to rely more on a regular budget than spectacular donations now.

And yes, the militia is equipped to handle the occasional bored rollerat. I'm even looking to complete them with the use of total mirror shields to discourage such actions more.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

missive from Greydan

Greydan: we are working on something for the guards I wont promise anything but rest assured when everything goes according to plan anybody attacking our guards for "fun" will have a very rude awakening from reclaim.

Well, Alossa, until you do.... your still using credits from "over at our camp".

But, please understand. I support you 100% and truly hope you can pull off equipping your guards in a manner that makes anyone wanting to "play" with them regret it dearly. Also, I feel sorry for under-equipped guards....wherever they may be.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Well, Alossa, until you do.... your still using credits from "over at our camp".
    I realise I might be shooting myself in the foot here but I've always believed the truth can free us. This topic will bring a lot of comments no doubt. However, I'd rather see our pride, as Newland citizens, hurt than people insisting the militia are under OT management. Which is not true.

Philip Ross offered to pay a part of the initial payment for the militia contract only. He did it after J.A.M.E. doubled the sum they previously wanted and some of the Newland council funds mysteriously dissapeared (reminder: that was the previous council.) He did not fund the militia's day by day operations.

Here are his own words:

"Phillip Ross: As said. These are my personal funds. There are no ties to OMNI-TEK, nor do I wish a say in what you do with it."

"Phillip Ross: OMNI stands out of this. The offer is made by Philip Ross, not OMNI."

You will learn more from the article Newland News is preparing about the militia history. For better or worse, it is time to confront all the myths connected with the militia with the truth. I hope the OT will finally stop treating the guards as their private sparring toys then.

The militia do not work for Omni Tek and they never had.

Quotes are taken from a transcript of the meeting with J.A.M.E.
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Lumen Orien

I never said your militia are under OT managment. I said the credits you used came from "our side".

Also, I think how you try to solve this on your own is far better than accepting "outsider" help. Hopefully you can pull this off on your own ...... this time around.

I really dont need those quotes and transcripts.... I was there.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Angry Concerned Ruby-Kaian

[[I have to say this sorry I am going out of character: the finger pointing is getting sad.

What I am going to say may not be very popular and I might get a lot of flack from both The Clans and the OT, and maybe even the neutrals, but I can not sit back and be idle anymore.

I am a Member of the Clans on RK1; I personally despise this act and think that the people responsible should be punished. That said I don't want to hear anymore finger pointing and name dropping to place the blame.

To everyone that goes posting about every little thing that happens pointing fingers trying to make them selves seem 'in the know' just stop! If you have to start your point with, "I don't know about you, but this sounds like something a ___er would do" don't even bother I personally don't want to hear it. If you have an opinion, have the guts to just say it. Random claims and accusations will not solve anything; all we will get is an argument of who thinks they are more right. If you have an opinion let us know, but tell us how you have formed it.

As to who is responsible for this horrible act I would venture it was a bored team of any and all sides of the conflict here on Ruby-Ka. It happens almost daily, and the only reason it got any press was that they political body and the media were present to witness it. I would have to say that the respectable orgs in ALL factions denounce the killing of NPC's for no reason beyond 'fun'. Also any extremist group out there that boasts the complete elimination of >insert faction/org/breed/proff here< will rarely have the power and the willingness to do it!

On old Earth the police never tried to pin vandalism on a competing company, nor would a logical person try suing the CEO of a company for a car-crash caused by a vacationing employee. Why are we? To try and finger a group or organization to blame we are cheating ourselves of the truth. Don't try to hold organizations accountable, find out who did it, and have them be personally accountable for their actions. Make them invest in the nanos, better weapons and amour for the Newland guards personally! I am sure people would stop attacking your guards when they get a bill for 50 million in re-equipping costs.

Well that is all I had to say, sorry about the lack of logical flow in my opinion there.]]

Good luck in finding those responsable for this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast