Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninja Looting let boss get away

I really dont understand why it has to be such a big deal with looting. There is a lot of good loot in chests and on mobs.

I just got GA III off a mob in solo mission the other day.

Its stupid to go around thinking you are uber and special because you dont loot anything. The loot is there for a reason.

Its also hard not to loot during a fight when eveyone is running the mission as fast as possible and someone somewhere is almost always fighting a mob.

That being said, I do not like to see people that only loot and dont seem much interested in fighting. But, I understand people are looking for items and they should have an oppertunity to loot.

And, I think it would be good if we got loot spam, then there would be no argument on what was looted off the boss.

Originally posted by Dovve
    I'd really like to see funcom take some responsibility for these problems.

1) Take the fancy uberloot OUT of the chests and put it back on the mobs so that "Alpha Loot" actually still has a purpose. I think that the person that implemented this feature is probabaly long gone from funcom as they are no longer there to remake the arguments for its initial existance.

2) Make boss loot divide and automatically spawn in the players inventory when the boss is killed -or- make the bosses lootable by everyone with the loot split into parts. There has to be a way to "alpha loot" a boss. I'm sure if funcom thought about it they could come up with something.

I would personally preferr that the loot just gets spawned into my inventory. In this case if your inventory is full the items would go into the "overflow" area as is normal today. However the overflow should be fixed so that you can have 2 bags open AND the overflow at the same time and if you close the overflow box with items still in it you should get a warning message that you have to ok. The overflow thing is broken as is anyway. It's too easy to accidently lose items in overflow. So this solution would fix two problems at once.

Dovve you are definitely on top of your game... great ideas I hope Funcom listen's to you and other players that have asked for this... it would make team missions more enjoyable and keep teams together longer.

things like this are why i just never worry about boss loot in a pickup group. if i get something, great. if not.. so what? /shrug if i need junk to sell for credits i just do a team with rl friends.

and i hate alpha loot btw :P i am almost always the main point of attack in a the group and am already fighting another mob when the loot message comes up for the one that died...

Jakeaway my main is a trader, and as most traders will understand, i need to keep moving, to maintain my drains. Granted this is not as serious as it used to be, as my 199 Snakemaster is 100 percent effective without draining anything these days. But i seem to do a lot more damage with an attack rating of 1030 than i do with an attack rating of 730. I can also pop off the occasional heal if im drained, while the doc is in her down time.

It is particularly frustrating to have to stop at every chest we reach and watch my divest, and my importantly my plunder, which is much harder to land on a mob, expire while eveyone tries to pick the chest. Most teams that i favour agree to leave all chests until the level is clear, at which point we can proceed SAFELY as a team to loot all the chests and share the items, before moving onto the next level.

But at the end of the day, i spend sooo much time stood in the lagpit at Broken Shores, that i would gladly forsake any loot at all just to get a decent amount of XP

Originally posted by MissMaul

Leader gets loot rights. They then paste everything into chat. If two players want the same item, /tell helpbot roll 1 20 and 'Pick a number between 1 and 20.'
    a better way is tell helpbot 1-2. If two players want it and you do yr roll the first one to post a number is screwed unless he or she picks 10. :-) (assuming the closest number wins)

LOL.. I found the story real funny :P

Emiko... so sorry u got such a crappy teammate. U fellas should have dumped that bugger and went on with the boss. I'm sure u guys could have done it with a party of 5.

When I do team missions, I never bother to loot. Not even the corpse. Me love being at the point rushing from room to room. But I always remind my teammates to clean up the corpse... coz there might be a GA or NS disc on them

The only reason why I do team mission.. is for xp. If I wanted loot.. I'll go solo. No arguments anywhere.

The only times I even take any loot from boss, are for ADV crystals. Real crappy that they only drop on boss mobs

so far the only advy crystal ive found on a booss which seems to be EVERY DAMN BOSS.. is kin of tarasque.

Exclamation Overflow-window

Originally posted by Dovve
    have to ok. The overflow thing is broken as is anyway. It's too easy to accidently lose items in overflow. So this solution would fix two problems at once.
    If you happend to close the overflow-window by accident, with items still there they aren't lost. The trick to get them back (ie. open the overflowe-window again) is to dupe a mission-key. If you're inventory is full and you dupe a key, then the overflow-window will reappear, with the "missing" items still there. Then you can just delete the duped key(s), clear inventory to a backpack, and transfer items from overflow-window to your inventory.

Its been a while since I last did this (since I'm more carefull now , but it's still worth a shot I think...

Mrlie
    Freshman Zhe Mrlie Gimp

Tranquility

lol kupotek!

I remember that night, yes, I did request loot leader, I don't trust you, and I never will. I guess I can add "petty" as well to you list of qualities, among them two-faced, shallow, and rude. "Nice job tanking whopperz" it was all a rouse with you... I don't trust a thing you say anymore. You do ninja loot, and every team I have ever had with you ends in disaster. I started that team (dispite your claims otherwise) I demanded loot leader to keep someone accountable. I have no personal need for any of the loot; but I wouldn't have someone like you ninja looting it. You DID set loot leader, as leader, you never passed leader back to me when I LDed. Kupo, you have some serious issues to work though, people will not stand for that from you.

Get some serious help kupo, its only a game...

hehe funny, indeed i posted this the night of that mission. and tonight i had the displeasure of whopperz company again in a team , rmemeber this is weeks after I posted this topic. Anyways i felt like giving her anothe chance, and I kept her healed along withour doc the whole mission At the end of the mission, I went so far as to say, Good job tanking , Whopperz, and though she/he obviously didnt beleive my words thats your problem.

Anti Ninja Looter Campaign!!!!! (the fun version)

Who built this tower thingy on top of me while I was passed out from my wine?......*Dfalcour stumbles up stairs out of tower basement to find Kombustable hard at work planning his next Ninja looting/Kill steal mission.....*

*Dfalcour aims for one of the two images of Kombustable's head with his empty wine bottle managing to hit both with a wide swing*

*Kombustable falls face first into the pile of feces he was planning on lighting on fire in front of the next mission so he can Ninja loot while everyone is trying to put it out*

*Dfalcour stumbles out of tower calling in Delta team to demolish tower over Comm Link*

*Dfalcour passes out again under a tree*

We need to Inform the masses, ignore the rumors, know your enemy.
    Last edited by Dragon Falcour; Aug 15th, 2002 at 21:57:30.
    Ismael "Dfalcour" Depaolo
    Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations
    President

Federico "Falcour" Peasly
    Applicant (Wolf Pack Support Team)

Mel "GremlinFeet" Drapkin
    Unit Member (Independant Contractee)

I just tell myself one thing.

"There will always be another of X item later on"

And you know what. There always is. I think part of the excitement is seeing if you can actually roll and win an item.

Then again the only thing I ever woudl want are the adv crystals as well
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Exactly what Cirga said, the loot really doesnt mean anything to me, as I have everythig and more already that I desire, all I want now is b unch of stuff to give away at my swapmeets I hold regularly..

That someone would think I would ninja loot a boss is the most ridiclulous rubbish Ive ever heard, most of you who know me, know I am a pretty silly person, in game and offgame, that I am generous, and above all have agreat attitude in regards to loot and helping fellow players.

I know for Whopperz these words are like throwing pearls to swine. " A liar wont believe anyone else" And integrity can be practiced, I suggest enrolling in a good school Whopperz, soon

Why are you guys even discussing this?

Whopperz is the biggest loser on Rubi-1 , Almost all know that and thats why you had a loot issue.

Shingtu

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12