Thread: Fixer Chronicles

Fixer Chronicles

~~Chapter 1~~

The alarm buzzes. It is 8:30 Rubi-Ka time.

Slowly a female Opifex fixer, who had shoulder-length black hair with two orange streaks curving down to the back, rises from her bed. She shuts off her alarm and does her normal morning routine, except, after she finishes washing up, she gets this message from someone...

Ms. Clancy, meet me in my office ASAP. We have an assignment for you.

"Again..." she whispers to herself. She later realizes the 'someone' was OT CEO Tarkhan Zora, who replaced Philip Ross some time after the shooting.

"Another mission. I can't believe it!" She puts on her tier armor, dons her CDS helmet, and wields her Blinded Blackbird. She hopes that she's prepared for what task Zora is willing to throw at her. Could be anything, even smacking a Dust Brigade member or leader into oblivion, or even saving the poor OT lowbies in front of the Temple of Three Winds from a random Male Watcher, which she did once or twice.

Her name is Millie Clancy, commonly refered to as 'Maledia.' With her parents deceased from an alien encounter, she winds up having to take care of her little sister, an adventurer by the name of Sandra (a.k.a. 'Berrenta').

Whatever Millie has to do, she will wait and see...
    Last edited by Berrenta; Feb 18th, 2006 at 16:37:45.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

~~Chapter 2~~

Millie then hops into her Yalmaha and flies to Omni headquarters. After arrival she departs the yalm and enters through the front door. She sees a Nanomage secretary at a desk in the room. He seems to be doing some paperwork.

"Excuse me sir.."

The mage turns his chair to face her. "What do you need?"

"I'm here to see CEO Zora."

"He's not here yet. You may have to wait a while."

"That's okay."

Then she finds a chair and sits back, fiddling with some gadget. And then, several Rubi-Kan minutes later, a man walks through the front door. He notices Millie sitting patiently in the chair.

"Nice to meet you, miss." It was Zora.

"Same to you, sir."

"Follow me to my office. We have something to discuss."

"Sure will."

They enter Zora's office, which looks rather neat (if you don't count his series of shelves to their left). "Have a seat."

She finds a guest chair and sits down.

"Okay, about your so-called assignment..."
    ~~
    What will Maledia's assignment be? Stay tuned and find out!
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent

~~Chapter 3~~

"What about it?"

"Well, the aliens are causing a bunch of trouble at the moment."

Millie's eyes widened a bit. "Is that so?"

"Indeed. The aliens have specialized equipment that can be used to disable insurance use for citizens of Rubi-Ka. As a result, when one dies, he or she can't be ressurected. They are especially targeting lowbies, as they have no clue about how to defend themselves."

"Anything I can do about it?"

"You have to hack such a device with a special tool. That tool is found in a ship near Borealis. HOWEVER, you cannot do this task alone. I hired someone to help you." Zora then walks to the door and opens it. Then Millie feels a weight on her lap moments later.

"Hey, sis." It was Sandra, in leet form.

"Oh, hi," Millie said, casually embracing the furball.

"With that said, I guess it's time for you to go. Good luck, and be careful," concludes Zora.

The two sisters left his office and eventually began their journey.

~~Chapter 4~~

The sisters head to the area where Millie has parked her yalm 1.5 Rubi-Kan hours ago. They hop into the yalm, and as Millie engages it, she feels a vibration on the device she had with her while she was waiting for Zora. She presses a random button and the girls hear this message:

Greetings, citizens of Rubi-Ka! We have to inform that there are aliens heading for Tir City. If you are in the city or the surrounding area, please evacuate now. Thank you.

"Nothing to worry about then," says Sandra. "Let's just move on."

"Shouldn't worry anyways," Millie replies, "as we would be blasted into reclaim if we were in there."

They finally reach Borealis several Whom-Pahs later.

"Listen, Sandra. Zora has sent us here as there is a ship near this city with an object I have to acquire. I need this particular object in order to dismantle their supply of Permakill Equipment(tm) and their tools that allow them to hack and disarm insurance."

The girls hop out of the yalm and find Borealis unusually empty.

Well, almost empty, as a civilian runs by them. It looks like some lowbie clanner, with Newcomer Armor, carrying some rifle.

"Can you tell me what the heck is going on?"

Millie replies, "Listen, you have to find a safe place, as--"

"SHIP INCOMING!" comes from the other end of the city, cutting her off.

"Lets go," she tells Sandra, as they head to the direction of the voice.

~~Chapter 5~~

The girls head to the Borealis grid terminal where they see an edged enforcer and after that, a beam from the ship overhead.

"Sir, the aliens will be taken care of, okay?" Millie tells the enforcer.

"Miss, I'm simply worried about the RK folk, that's all," comes the reply.

"Fine then," she remarks, as the beam increases concentration, sending both sisters inside the ship, leaving the enforcer to his devices.

~~Scene change to inside alien ship~~

Sandra gets a leet's-eye-view of her surroundings (she's still in leet form, mind you). This is, after all, her first time in one of the crafts. One thing struck her: the device they both are willing to seek. Another vibration comes from Millie's device, so she pushes a button, and the girls get this:

Ms. Clancy, this is Tarkhan Zora. Remember the device we talked about earlier? Well, I failed to tell you that in the ship is the main component of the device. The other components and tools needed are on a list that is in Commander Kend Ash's posession. You or your little sister must talk to her after finding the main component for the list. Take care, and be careful. Zora out.

"Looks like more work," Sandra remarked after hearing the message.

"I'm afraid so, sis," Millie replies with disappointment. "Now let's find the main base of the device. If it's in a locked container, I have my lockpick with me.""

"All right. So what?"

"Best to follow me. It's easy to get lost in a spacecraft."

They do a search together when suddenly a Meta-Physicist attack pet approaches them with the following message: "My master's in danger."

Millie turns to the manifestation. "Oh?"

"He's in the threshold. Follow me, and I'll show you two."

"Ummm...okay. Come on, Sandra."

When the three enter a room, there were a few translucent locked doors. Three consecutive doors had human figures behind him. The middle figure, a man with slightly spiked hair, is the only one moving.
    ~~
    Who is this "man"? Stay tuned!

~~Chaper 6~~

The moving figure catches Millie's eye, so she walks to it, takes out her lockpick, and forces the door open with it, only to expect a male Solitus of Asian descent fall into her arms (his body was leaning on the door). He had a Nimbus bow and wore Sundance.

"That... was... freaky," the man finally says. He is Sudayxis, a neutral meta-physicist.

"I can tell why. What about the other two figures?"

"I am not sure, miss. They were still here when I was captured, which was, like, 20 minutes ago."

"I'll get the other two." She forces the other two doors, one at a time. "Stand back, all of you." As she opens the doors, one figure each falls to the floor and lays motionless: one male, the other female.

Sandra examines the lying figures. "Well, Millie, I think I figured out why we weren't able to--" An alien can be heard, and as she felt panic, she can't finish what she's going to say. The alien sound drew nearer and nearer, until the three saw the alien, which was a Hacker'Uri. It stood to Millie's left.

"What are you two (he was talking to the girls) doing here?" the alien says in a deep voice.

Millie raises her Blinded Blackbird and points at the Hacker'Uri with it. "Leave us alone, or you're dead."

"Don't underestimate me, human..." The alien was the first to attack, yet he missed due to Millie's uber evades.

Then she bursts at the hacker, doing considerable damage, even though she misses one of the shots from her burst. The aliens attacks again, but this time, it casts a nano on her, and she collapses to the floor after the spell causes her to black out all of a sudden.

Sandra runs over. "Millie, are you okay? Millie??"

When making sure her older sister was okay, she heard a thwack, as the alien keels over.

"I got him. Don't worry," Sudayxis tells her.

"But my sister..."

He later checks on Millie. "Looks like she lost consciousness. We got to carry her to a medic." So he picks Millie up along with her gun and urges Sandra to follow, along with his pet. They chose what they believe is a way out...

...even though the path they chose led them somewhere else.
    Last edited by Berrenta; Feb 12th, 2006 at 17:53:00.

~~Chapter 7~~

Sudayxis, his pet, and Sandra traverse through hallways, hoping they are leaving the ship. Then, they go to a dead end room with a humming engine in it. Suddenly, the door behind them locks up.

"What now!?" Sandra tells Sudayxis.

"Just stay calm," he replies.

"My life force is leaving me..." the meta pet mutters as he vanishes into thin air.

"We must find a way to get out," Sandra hesitated.

Then the humming from the engine grows a little louder in steady intervals. The ship has started to take off somewhere.

"Hope you have and can use a lock pick, as you might need it," Sudayxis tell her.

"Well, I'm not a master at it. I know Millie can do it, but now she's not available right now." She feels some tingling. "Well, Pronouncement of Greatness is about to terminate. Stand back."

The morph terminates, and now she's her old pistolero self, with a reverend robe and a set of Carbonum.

She continues, "Okay, I guess I have to force this door open then." Thankfully she has a lockpick of her own, as her older sister has a Personal one. She tries, but fails many times before she actually does it. They both leave the room, but stopped after many meters out. "Now that the ship is moving, please do something!"

"Stand back. I don't want you to get hurt," he commands, as he draws his bowstring, aims at the engine, and releases. The humming became a hissing sound, as the engine is punctured from his arrow. The engine later explodes, and now the craft is about to crash.

"I guess we have to hang on?" Sandra asks.

"Good idea. You never know where you will land," Sudayxis replies.

The ship finally slams into a city. It could be any city, even an org town. But through the hole the explosion made, they see a couple Org HQ buildings from a long distance, so that's not it. Then they see stones that stack and form buildings, and a sign for "The Cup."

"Sudayxis?"

"What's wrong?"

"I can't leave this ship without help. This is West Athen."

To make matters worse, like her sister, Sandra is aligned with Omni-Tek.
    ~~
    How will Sudayxis help Sandra? Find out next!
    Last edited by Berrenta; Feb 12th, 2006 at 17:39:43. Reason: clarification

~~Chapter 8~~

"Let me see what I can do," Sudayxis tells Sandra, while at the same time handing her her downed sister. "I'll be checking for guards."

So he leaves the ship via the hole the explosion made and looks for signs of the guards in the area. He comes back, telling her, "You can come out now, as there are none of them present."

"Okay," Sandra replies nervously, as she runs with all her might for the grid terminal close to The Cup and heads for her destination: Rome.

She leaves the grid after making her stop. She still has Millie limping in her arms as she heads for the Omni-Med building in Rome Green. Suddenly, when she reaches the doors to the office, a lovely female Solitus figure shows up in front of her, wearing a white medsuit.

"You will have to give her up to me," the figure says. It was Rita Pristin, head of Omni-Med.

"Very well then," Sandra remarks as she hands Millie to her.

"I have heard about the crash that happened in West Athen involving the alien spacecraft. About the two figures your sister found..."

"Oh?" Sandra raised an eyebrow behind her Carbonum Helmet.

"We are doing DNA tests. Due to their breed, there'll might be a relation, so I'll need a small sample to see if you have any relation to those two subjects. Remove your helmet so it can be done." Sandra takes off her Carbonum Helmet. She had long black hair put up in an Opifex-style ponytail and a dark shadowmark on the right side of her face. Her face looked menacing.

Rita places Millie on the ground so she can get a DNA sample from Sandra with an ID disk.

"Thank you for your time. You may have permission to enter only when I tell you to do so."

"Very well then, Dr. Pristin."

Then Rita picks Millie back up and walks into the Omni-Med building. After Rita enters the office, Sandra heads to the Rome grid to depart for Omni-1 Trade. Sudayxis was there.

"I can't enter the Omni-Med office just yet, since the doctors are working on my sister. I'll be heading for the Trade district."

"Why are you heading there?"

"See this?" She shows him a handle-like object. "I found this when we had to hold on while the spaceship crashed. I'm taking it to Commander Kend Ash to see if that is what my sister and I should be seeking."

After looking it over, he replies, "I'm guessing tradeskills will be involved." He hands it back to her. "Good luck."

"Thanks." She gives him a smile before gridding to Omni-1 Trade.
    ~~
    What is on the list that Kend Ash will give to Sandra? Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Berrenta; Feb 18th, 2006 at 16:44:40. Reason: clarification

~~Chapter 9~~

Millie finally awakes and finds herself alone in a white-walled hospital room on a cot. Then a medsuit-wearing figure enters the room and approaches her.

"I am here just to see if everything's all right," the doctor tells her.

"I'm okay for now," she replies in a weak voice.

"I hope so. Better take a break from your mission, as the PKE supply that was stolen by the aliens won't be fully functional for over a week. We still have most of the supply for ourselves, which we use on major criminals."

"What on earth has happened when I blacked out?"

"As you saved a bow-user, he decided to fire an arrow at an engine, causing the spacecraft to crash. We are currently doing DNA tests on the two figures you found."

Millie feels a vibration again. "Hang on." She notices a light for the ham-radio function. She clicks it.

Greetings, Mill. It was Sandra.

"Hey, lil' sis! What's going on?"

Well, I guess I found the component we needed from the ship. It is shaped like a handle. So I turned it in to Commander Ash and...

"You got the list?"

She says it was the correct item, so I did get the list.

That lit Millie up. "Great! What else do we need?"

It says: 'Secondary Components: Support Wire, 8x Carbon-Notum Alloy Blade, Snake Bile, Canister of Pure Liquid Notum, and Fire Impact Igniter. Tools: Hacker Tool. Conditions: Igniter and blade must both be between levels 103-107. Canister must be below level 10.'

~~Scene change to Omni-1 Forensics Lab~~

A male Solitus wearing a labcoat enters a room with huge machines. He approaches the female Nanomage doing DNA tests from the two individuals Millie found.

"I got the results, Mr. Floyd," she tell him.

"Oh?" Mr. Floyd raises an eyebrow. "What did you find?"

"These two individuals were confined during an alien menace months ago and they were permakilled because of it." She shows him the findings.

After looking it over, he remarks, "Robert and Jennifer Clancy, huh?"

"Yes. They left their daughters, Millie and Sandra, home while they assisted the defence squad. Eventually the aliens abducted them and they were never seen again."

"We have to tell Rita Pristin about what we gathered from our findings. Got it?"

"Yes, sir." She does a salute and later writes up the reports. "It'll be done in no time!"

"That's the spirit!" Mr. Floyd praises as he leaves the room.
    Last edited by Berrenta; Feb 23rd, 2006 at 04:35:07.

~~Chapter 10: scene returns to Omni-Med hospital room~~

Also, I just want to see whether you are okay. You might need to rest to recover after the treatment, okay?

"Got it, lil sis"

See ya, Millie.

"Same to you." Millie then turns off the ham radio function of her gadget by weakingly pushing a button as she is ailing.

Rita Pristin enters Millie's room. "You remember finding two figures after freeing a man by the name of Hong 'Sudayxis' Yunsung?"

"I.. guess so..."

"The DNA results have been sent in from the Forensics team. Those figues happen to be both your parents."

Millie's eyes widen with shock. "Oh my god... really!?"

"Yes."

"So that's how they died?"

"Yep. The chambers emit a permakilling gas an hour after the threshold gets locked. Sudayxis, who was the last one in there, was locked in for 51 minutes before you managed to save him. Your parents were taken up months ago, unfortunately, and had a fate people of Rubi-Ka might face if not lucky enough to evacuate. The aliens are making land mines containing this chemical and planting them into major cities. If the computer in the mothership isn't disabled within 10 days, the mines will detonate and wreck the cities, causing countless deaths."

"I've heard the aliens are hacking and dismantling insurance in a week as well. Is that true?"

"Afraid so. Now hold still." Rita reaches for a sterilized needle and injects a yellowish-clear liquid in Millie. Then Millie winces in pain.

"WTH was that?"

"Just lay down and rest. You will recover within a few hours."

"Okay, miss."

Rita leaves the room; afterwards, Millie felt drowziness as she collapses onto her hospital bed and sleeps through the night, still ailing.
    Last edited by Berrenta; Feb 28th, 2006 at 00:36:36.

~~Chapter 11~~

Millie finally wakes after the nap, but she's no longer in the hospital, nor is she home. She can see a female Opifex who she hadn't known before. The girl had Millie's hairstyle, but with grayish-white, not orange, streaks on her black hair. Then Millie sees Sudayxis walking toward her and sits down near her.

"Sandra dropped you off so I can take care of you, since there are aliens near your home and Zora says you can't come in contact with them until further notice," he warns Millie.

"Fine then," Millie replied. She looked around and noticed the following:
    - Oriental lanterns
    - Metal dragon figurine
    - Bruce Lee poster
    - Ancient manuscripts
    among other things.

Then, the girl walks by and notices Millie. She stops her stroll to another room.

"Greetings. Can I help you in any way?"

"Wait... who are you?"

"Name's Takia, an Omni Martial Artist. I happen to be Suday's girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you then." Millie lets out a smile.

"Girls, I'm off to an org meeting." Sudayxis stands up and heads for the door and leaves. A leet runs by.

"You have a pet leet?" Millie asks.

"That's Huggles," Takia replies. "Don't you think he's cute?" She picks the leet up and places it near Millie. "He can get a bit friendly at times."

"He's so cute!" Millie exclaims as she pats Huggles on the back. The leet lets out a purring sound.
    ~~
    ((Will continue when I can))
    Last edited by Berrenta; Mar 4th, 2006 at 17:53:54.

~~Chapter 12~~

"Since you have to stay with Sudayxis and me for a few days, you will be staying at the room I will show you. Okay?"

"That's fine with me."

The girls enter a room with vibrant red walls, an average already-made bed, a few pieces of furniture, and...

"Huggles, come back here..." Takia said out of the blue.

Huggles was running around the room, and hopped on the bed. Takia managed to catch him.

"Oh, Huggles, what am I going to do with you?"

"The room looks nice," Millie tells Takia with a smile.

"Hope so. We worked our tails off on this room."

"Hehe. Really looks like it." A vibration comes from Milie's gadget. "Uh, hang on."

She pushes a button, and gets this:

Hey, sis. Omni-Tek officials have recovered your Yalmaha and will hold it for you. When Zora tells you it's okay to leave whereever you are staying, report to his office and he will give you the keys. He recommends that you remain inside, as being in the midst of alien activity would give you an effect worse than you experienced, and there would be a chance you will wake up in front of a reclaim booth. That's all I have to say. See ya, and remain safe.

"Ah good," Millie sighs. "My Yalm has been recovered. I was feeling worried about it being stolen."

((part of chapter removed as it doesn't fit in story))

~~Time passes 2 days~~

Millie was eating breakfast with Sudayxis and Takia in an old-fashioned kitchen and dining area (breakfast was chirop eggs with reet-flavored sausage). After she finishes, she heads to her room. Suddenly she fels a rumble from her device, so she hits a button like she did, and hears this:

Ms. Clancy, This is CEO Zora. It is safe now for you to leave. Come to my office so you and I can have a small chat. Make sure who you were staying with knows about this. Zora out.

"Well, guys, it was a nice time, but I..."

"No need to tell us," Takia interrupted. "We overheard"

"Ok then. See ya." Millie waves with a smile and heads out. Yet she encounters someone halfway to Omni-Tek headquarters. She had no clue of what the person is.
    ~~
    Who did she encounter? Find out next!
    Last edited by Berrenta; Mar 30th, 2006 at 04:57:09.