Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OTPC: Brazen Nanomage Attack Hits Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Alossa
    There are no reports of children being taken from Newland as of yet. I know OA had simillar comm difficulties as Borealis so I guess the Legionaries were there as well at that time.

As for witnesses, yes. There are witnesses of the events in Borealis. You can find more info on our gridsite.

As for the other cities... nobody ever saw them. They came, took what they wanted and dissapeared without anyone noticing.

I don't have children but... this is wrong. Very wrong. This is the first case in my career when I have to struggle to remain objective.

Still, if the kidnappers wish to send their word to the public I am ready to publish it.
    I know for a fact many people saw what happened in Old Athens, but I think the witnesses are to scared to come forward right now. I however, was a witness to the events in Old Athens. A group of about 5-6 of these nanomages strolled in from the grid to the central OA hill, then adbucted a person by the name of 'Kimbrina'? (Note - I am not exactly sure on the name, it was either Katrina, Kimbrina, Kim-something)

The people which were on the hill tried to stop the kidnapping, but they quickly took her by the arm back to the grid, and warped out.

The kidnappers /all/ had an orange/black shield of some sorts, some sort of stick, and were wearing a cloak of some sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by mchart
    I know for a fact many people saw what happened in Old Athens, but I think the witnesses are to scared to come forward right now. I however, was a witness to the events in Old Athens. A group of about 5-6 of these nanomages strolled in from the grid to the central OA hill, then adbucted a person by the name of 'Kimbrina'? (Note - I am not exactly sure on the name, it was either Katrina, Kimbrina, Kim-something)

The people which were on the hill tried to stop the kidnapping, but they quickly took her by the arm back to the grid, and warped out.

The kidnappers /all/ had an orange/black shield of some sorts, some sort of stick, and were wearing a cloak of some sorts.
    Did anyone see what happened after they entered the grid?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Of all the atrocities this planet has seen, this must be one of the worse… I have no idea what these -I hesitate to use the word- people are up to, but children are to be left alone. Always and under all circumstances.

I call the public to forward all information to the authorities. I am convinced that Omni-Tek, Clan and Neutrals will do their utmost to offer protection to any witnesses and to deal with this group.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    Did anyone see what happened after they entered the grid?
    I gridded in, right when they gridded in, went to the hill to use the GMS, so I was paying very little attention to what was happening. All I know is that when they grabbed her, I started crashing my yalm into their heads, but nothing happened . So I went back to shopping on GMS.

These so-called "legionaires" have nothing to do with any of the factions, The Dust Brigade nor the NLF.
    We have had several encounters with them and from my persoanl opinion they are spoiled brats who try to get attention and scare people to think they are gods.

I fear for these children as they're not known to show any mercy.
    We of the NLF fight solitus and Opifex every day, but we would NEVER hurt your children!

I will personally help in getting information about this astrocity done by these wanna-be gods and help bring them down if needed.
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

You just wait till they grow up to work on your genocidal plots.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

We don't wish Genoicde. We're working against the genocide of all Nanomages.
    First and foremost I would like to see this conflict solved in a peacful manner, but you never gave us that chance.

We will keep tearing down mines until you listen, but this agenda has nothing to do with the current discussion so keep your attention to finding the kids instead of attacking us at every chance Vix.
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat
    me thinks a lot of MPs/Nts are gonna be stoned soon :/
    Personally, I thought you had to be stoned to be an NT, anyway!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Well...

(scratches his head a moment, eyebar strobing from ends to center softly)

The kid thing..yeah that's bad...really bad. No doubts.

Next..being a NT is a matter of focus and state of mind..which some just can't obtain. Life goes on, people excel in all different types of fields.just some of us have the right mindset, discipline and intellect to be NanoTechnicians. (shrug) Not sure there's any more succinct way to establish the issue.

Now..I do have some questions bout the logic or lack thereof that this Sorceress person is presenting. Let's see..

Sorceress:
    "We of the NLF fight solitus and Opifex every day, but we would NEVER hurt your children!"

Vixentrox:
    "You just wait till they grow up to work on your genocidal plots."

Sorceress:
    "We don't wish Genoicde. We're working against the genocide of all Nanomages.
    First and foremost I would like to see this conflict solved in a peacful manner, but you never gave us that chance.

We will keep tearing down mines until you listen, but this agenda has nothing to do with the current discussion so keep your attention to finding the kids instead of attacking us at every chance Vix."

------

Okay so..Let's see here...the NLF "fights Solitus and Opifex every day", but they won't harm children supposedly..yet while working against the genocide of Nanomages, they are going to continue to kill 'adult' Solitus and Opifex breeds until they get their way.

In my humble opinion, the Nanomage breed was never in danger to begin with, and the genome sequence deployed in Nanomages to make us addicted to Notum can be put into permanent dormant state stopping the addiction cold, as I've indicated elsewhere. Let's face it..in a society like the one we have, under the growing technological platform we have today, doing DNA sequencing and genome shutdowns is a outpatient procedure. It's highly possible, because mine was done by Existenze, which allowed me to travel offworld in absolute freedom from Notum for over 2 years before my wife and I returned to Rubi-Ka. And this is FROM a Nanomage NT, no less.

Ergo, therefore, it is irrecovably evident that the depicted cause of the NLF is arbitrarily and henceforth nothing more than a delusatory sham intended to serve as a motivating, driving propaganda tool to instigate the neccessary whys and wherefores to serve the NLF's own particular agenda.

(long sigh) As I have pointed out in the past, I reject the NLF, reject the inane, illogical psychobabbling of corp of fanatical terrorists. You do nothing for the Nanomage breed except cast us into bad light amongst the peers we have, amongst loved ones and family. Do us all a huge favor and simply do something -constructive- with your time..because what you are doing right now is very NON-constructive under any light you would care to shine on it. Period. No arguments, no question, end of story.

(clears throat, taps eyebar so that the blue cycles to purple then a angry red) As a final note..I have said this once in the past, but I will repeat it here so that there's absolutely no confusion on the issue at hand. My wife is a Solitus, and her general wellbeing is worth more to me than your life is by any scale, period. I heartily suggest you leave those I care about alone..and give them a with berth..because quite honestly..If you're stupid enough to do more than tentatively think about this sort of nonsense, I'm ready, willing, and able to give you enough negative reinforcement to permanently cure you of the moment of foolishness, pay off my bills on Rubi-Ka for a indefinitely long future, and generally insure you spend the rest of your life gritting your teeth to know that you're paying for my good time.

In short, I will screw your world up so incredibly badly that not even the Gods' can figure out how to put things back together.

Let's find those kids, eh?

-CHS
    "Power...is living in a sea of information, directing and manipulating the flows so that the end result is a escalation of one's authority, one's reputation for knowledge, and one's ability to get things done in a timely and businesslike fashion."

Agreed
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by mchart

((OOC: Thank you for the information. I have to say though that I have no way of reporting events from the Atlantean dimention. Our reports are Rimor based

I'm sorry for the OOCness. I just have to protect my reporter reputation ))
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12