Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OTPC: Brazen Nanomage Attack Hits Rubi-Ka

OTPC: Brazen Nanomage Attack Hits Rubi-Ka

Brazen Nanomage Attack Hits Rubi-Ka
    January 28, 29480 - Rorinsky Price

OTPC - The nanomages known to Rubi-Ka simply as the "Legionaries" have struck again, but this time, they have crossed the line completely.

Early in the morning of January 28, 29480, the Legionaries launched a series of coordinated attacks across the planet, targeting apparently only children in cities of all factions. Borealis appears to have been hit the hardest, where 9 children are confirmed missing at this time. Current reports show that at least 26 children were taken across the globe, as these forces managed to lure many of them out into the open and were bold enough to strike in broad daylight.

I spoke with some witnesses in Borealis who had little more in the way of details to offer, but based on an estimate using figures provided by several witnesses across Rubi-Ka, the nanomages attacked in small teams of three to five legionaries each. In Borealis, the teams were led by a man identified by Wilhelm Netwerk Hraefn as "Zor Vorenax".

"We had no time to react," explained Lieutenant Colonel Erik Jovas of Omni-AF. "By the time Omni-AF and Omni-Pol had teams ready and on the ground, the nanomages were already long gone."

Exactly how the nanomages were able to move so quickly remains unknown, but they apparently used a device to withdraw themselves from the area, much like a fixer hack to enter the grid without direct access to a terminal.

A Clan Watcher, who wished to remain anonymous, explained. "They appeared to enter through the Grid terminal. I was just standing there chatting with a Vanguard, and next thing I know we are surrounded by about six of these nanomages.

"I didn't quite realize what was going on at first, but by the time we put 2 and 2 together, they were on the move fast. We chased them to the center hill area, but we were seconds too late."

The motives of these legionaries are unknown, and one can only hope that Omni-Tek will find the answers and bring these children home safely and the kidnappers to justice. Omni-Tek Protects.
    Last edited by Nevarstiyeh; Jan 28th, 2006 at 04:22:15.

me thinks a lot of MPs/Nts are gonna be stoned soon :/

Maybe a secret wing of the NLF?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC
    The motives of these legionaries are unknown, and one can only hope that Omni-Tek will find the answers and bring these children home safely and the kidnappers to justice. Omni-Tek Protects.
    Call me paranoid, but if Omni do bring them in, I'll be very su****ious.

In addition, I'd like to make a formal complaint to IRRK, regarding their phrasing of the article title in their globally transmitted news bulletins.
    The current wording implies a statement of fact, "Nanomages abduct children".
    Rephrasing it would be invaluable in preventing the idea setting root among the populace that it is common practice among the Homo Nano race to abduct children...
    Last edited by MsIdoru; Jan 28th, 2006 at 06:17:51.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Maybe a secret wing of the NLF?
    Nope! We've got the secret formula for making more nanomages all on our own. Just ask any of the people who were around when Kat was showing off social clothes in front of Titan.

This is a very serious matter upon which we should act, not as clans or omni or neutrals. Agreed I'm one for sentinel ideals, but in this case screw it.

We're not talking about a war, we're talking about our roles as parents, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunties to these people lost, these children gone. Worst case scenario, this continues to happen there will be no well paved future for any of us. Our children are our future and if they're gone then what they remember of us will fail to be passed on.

History is doomed to repeat itself if the past is not remembered and I'm sure everyone has seen one Tir slaughtering too many. While not my call for my entire organisation, I'm willing to work with the NLF on this one, who I will openly say will have the upper hand on dealing with nanomages.

Omni-Tekians, would love your assistance too in this, if you're willing to put aside the war to get through this then it'd be appreciated. If not, we'll do what we can to get our children back, and if we find any of yours, we'll make sure they get home safely.
    "One can spend their entire life searching for the answer to the question why. But even a life exausted with no answer, is not a life wasted."

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Exclamation

Hmm...since the children are being abducted from all factions, my deduction is that an outside party is involved in these kidnappings.

Omni-Tek may be open to 'work' with the neutrals and clanners in this case, however I know enough about omni politics and security protocols to say that anything they would consider classified in their investigation of the case will never be divulged to anyone outside OT.

Neutral and Clan authorities will be the most likely to colaborate openly without any hesitation to share information.

There are few possibilites:

The children were taken for ransom, or for a list of demands like the release of some prisoners. In this case there is a good chance they are alive and somewhere on our planet.

The were taken in an act of revenge, which would make it even more difficult to determine their location because they may have been...terminated after being taken.

Rubi-Ka does have an underground Black Market, which rarely deals with the exchange of human beings but it has happened in the past (atroxes sold for hard labor). The kids may have been taken to fill an order and may even be on their way out of the planet already with all the alien ships landing and attacking daily a shuttle could get away even from omni satellite that constantly scan the surface of Rubi-Ka.

Another possibility is that one of the factions has an exteme group, and wants to demoralize their foes...but by taking just kids of the opposite side...it would cause a disaster to the image of their own side. If they took kids from their own side then people are less likely to suspect them. This could mean that at least one group of children would be safe.

Even another possibility, which I consider remote is that some nut needs young specimens for experiments. This to me would be the worse of all the things I've mentioned, even death would be preffered to becoming a guinea pig for god's knows what purposes.

Coordinated attacks means that these people have military training, and have updated equipment. They appeared in small teams, which leads me to believe that they work as 'squads'. This high level of training is usually only available to corporations.

There is one thing that comes to mind however. Even the best trained man, need to keep practicing to keep his skills sharpened. Therefore...somewhere there is a place they train themselves to keep fit, a secure location...perhaps secure enough to keep their hostages.

Also these people need to eat, they have to shop for food and basic supplies, including ammo. Rubi-Ka gets new faces all the time, but most of us have been around to recognize the face of someone who has seen combat.

If you see someone new to your area, well armed that fits the profile, report it to the local authorities, take an image if you have a portable camera.

Businesses that have hired new employees in the past 6 months should do a background check on them.

This is not only for your own safety, but for the safety of the children that reside in your community.

These criminals can be found, if we work together.

Commander Windguaerd
    MD - Special Ops
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Jan 28th, 2006 at 11:25:43.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

My sources report that Newland have already expressed their wish to share any info about these attacks they can gather with both factions. I can only hope the OT and the Clans will follow suit.

Newland News adds to it, again, offering a reward of 5 million credits to anyone who can provide us any information about the attackers, the fate of the children or their whereabouts.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Actually there is one group that comes to mind that fits that profile and they have the added benifit of having their support lines set up for so long that it will be hard to find them at this point.

The Dust Brigade.

We do not know where there main base is or their current numbers. What I think at this point is that they could be grabing children to be future Dusters.

Mind you this is simply my first idea given the fact that all factions have been hit and the data that Windguaerd has presented.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

The public is advised to forward all the information regarding the missing young persons to Omni-Pol.

These are innocent lives at stake and we will take all the necessary action to get them to safety and bring the terrorists in to answer for their crimes.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

I doubt there is a secret wing of the NLF

Secret wing of the NLF. I doubt there is one today. Splinter groups form because of discontent (and comtempt) for the existing ruling party, or the frustration of not being able to deal directly with the issues causing grief to themselves, family, friends, country and planet. If there was such a group then may contacts within the NLF would know, at the very least, that such a group existed. If they did exist I would be more concerned as to why the group was created in the first place.

As to the kidnapping of children. It makes no sense at all that the NLF would do this. These type of actions and can result in events that would take generations to resolve, and many decades would need to pass before a true peace would come back to the land.

My take is that another group is running a black operation with nanomages being painted as the demonic spectre that will need to be managed. What they would need children for I have no idea but what I am worried about is what excactly managed means.

Quote Originally Posted by Juxiao
    Omni-Tekians, would love your assistance too in this, if you're willing to put aside the war to get through this then it'd be appreciated. If not, we'll do what we can to get our children back, and if we find any of yours, we'll make sure they get home safely.

It's usually the Clans that can never put their guns down long enough and pay attention to real problems, most clans anyway. to busy fighting to defend their illusion of "freedom"

Real slick of them to hit Borealis, where no one could have fought them, no matter what. (100% gas there, real fair.)
    Natasha "Tashania" Niacescu, 66 Nanomage Engineer
    Leader of ~Society of Salvation~

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

Soylent Green is....children?
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

heh so some children were abducted...... that is indeed low.

but I dont expect Omni-Tek or the clans to do anything about it especially since all they seem to care about is themselves they only seem intent on slaughtering themselves perhaps this is a wake up call to everybody.

in which case if it is I wouldnt be too surprised that some of the children are either linked to people of power or involved... thats just my opinion but then I dont know much about the situation oh well..... doesnt concern me I dont have any children and as for such acts whoever did this was smart and calculative so this wasnt planned right then...

they knew their targets and who to go after so..... apparently THEY whoever they are have something they are planning but as I said I DON'T CARE... and I am betting the same can be said to both the clans or omni-tek employees watching the gridfeeds "oh at least its not MY child" its rather sad dont ya think? and thats probably what most people will say.......

Talking tee hee

mps gonna gettt basheeedddddd

think of the children!!

We eat them ... so what? Its like veal.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

but I dont expect Omni-Tek or the clans to do anything about it especially since all they seem to care about is themselves they only seem intent on slaughtering themselves perhaps this is a wake up call to everybody.

oh well..... doesnt concern me I dont have any children
    wow.

Has anyone found out where the raids were taken place at? I read that Bor had 9 children taken, but what of omni clan and other neutral cities? What were the other places hit?

Also has any one found any witnesses?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

There are no reports of children being taken from Newland as of yet. I know OA had simillar comm difficulties as Borealis so I guess the Legionaries were there as well at that time.

As for witnesses, yes. There are witnesses of the events in Borealis. You can find more info on our gridsite.

As for the other cities... nobody ever saw them. They came, took what they wanted and dissapeared without anyone noticing.

I don't have children but... this is wrong. Very wrong. This is the first case in my career when I have to struggle to remain objective.

Still, if the kidnappers wish to send their word to the public I am ready to publish it.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast