Thread: Not any team mission, a "comedy team" mission

Thumbs up Not any team mission, a "comedy team" mission

I just wrapped up a team mission. But not just any team mission, a "comedy team" mission - as in, someone doing AO comedy would come up with this team.

A fixer specialized in concealment with a self-buffed weapon (me)
    An atrox MP with a sledgehammer
    A paranoid over-equipped shotgun doc with a targeting scope
    An agent without any False Profession buffs
    A pistol adventurer
    A solitus engineer dressed more for fashion than armor

All around level 71-85. Did a QL110 (I think) all-NPC mission in Longest Road, just outside of Bliss.

We got most of the way through the first level when we realized why the 'bot wasn't holding aggro - it wasn't with us any more. About six rooms in, miss fashion plate sat down to leech XP. Apparently walked away from the keyboard, too, wouldn't respond to team chat.

We got halfway through when the agent got paged in to RL work.

About two thirds of the way through, the shotgun doc ran almost out of shotgun shells, and I had to summon more. That's right, summon ammo.

We decided to finish the mission anyway.

And remarkably, we did it. No deaths. Heck, only one of us (the MP) had to zone in the boss room, and him only once.

Do you realize how weird it felt as a fixer to be not just the puller, but the tank? On the other hand, the combination of NCU buff, long HoT, a nice red heal pet, adventurer shield buffs, and occasional doc heals (assisted by an MP buff) turned even a semi-gimped fixer into a passable tank.

It was also seriously difficult to convince the doc that I wasn't ninja looting, despite the fact that I opened about 90% of the chests. We were halfway through the mission before everybody learned to believe me when I said that I wasn't taking anything out. Actually, I took one thing out, a Vision Enhancer - but I called it, too.

When the doc started wandering into empty rooms while two of our party were AFK, I had to chew him out about why we had to stick together. But after that, he was good, and it was a good thing, too, because we were having random-add problems.

Hundred-mob four-level brown cave at about 75% difficulty, with a blatantly gimped team.

With halfway good tactics, it was a breeze.
    Main Character: Tir County Sheriff Brad InfamousBrad Bradley, TCSD.
    Proud to be a Clansman since October 29475.
    Alternate characters? Yeah right, like I'm going to tell you.

Smile

Any team that can finish the mission successfully is not a gimped team, I'll say .

I hope you kicked that engi as soon as you realized what was going on, going afk in a mission without a word should be an instadeath offence.

-sand