Thread: lands east.....whats a medusa?Pt 1

lands east.....whats a medusa?Pt 1

Journal entry 1207
    Name Biowoman
    Access level 70

Mission : reconn
    Subject : Medusa

Goal of the mission : To study the medusa ."myth or fact"

To this day I still dont know why omni med chose to send me to Deep artery valley.
    "Bio we have no one who has as much spying experience as you" the director had said.
    "Im not strong enuff for this mission ,Isnt deep artery valley full of really mean and tough creatures?" I said with loathing in my voice.
    "Its not that they are storng or not you have a yalm, you can out run most things just stay high. Besides you are one of our strongest healers and bio researchers, we need as much info as you can on these creatures, you have that exploring thing down...please!!"
    "okay .okay!, i'll go but I will need to get ready ." I dont even have an upgrade to my gps for that place. I said waving my arms.
    "Did you get the map from dovve the cartographer ?"
    "Yes i did. Its not gps though"
    "Its not but it has enough features for you to use to get whereyou need to be and back home. You will be rewarded well for this. besides your are tired of indoor assignments right?" he said before reaching to a window blind.
    " okay not a problem I will go do you want samples or just video and holos?"
    "Both please ,rumour has it that they eat men and use the others for soldiers. Women should be safe enuff, that is the other reason I chose you!" he said with a nervous smirk.
    "grrr , you owe me" I said grumbling as i left the rome offices.

I stoped in trade for some last minute supplies then was off on my mission. I took the whompa to omni trade spoke to my regular pal fireontheway as he speed to his own tasks. I left trade and whompa'd t o 20k an omni mining town. The suppression gas is less there to the point that it was heavily fortified with omni guards. Sometimes clanners staged raids there but it never lasted or turned into a take over of the area.
    I whompa'd again to the outpost called 10-3 form there i paid my insurance so that i'd be ressurected in case of terminal wounds.

I summoned my Yalmaha and went thru the molecular change and was away. I followed moogs highway east thru the swamps.
    Tis was 1st time here and had to fight the urge to explore this area. The yalm passed over moogs huts and continued east I studied notes about the medusa o my way there . there weren't many as no one I knew ever saw one. Most didnt know they existed at least not in my guild .
    as i crossed the territory line into Deep Artery valley I quickly realized that this area had no supression gas anyone could attack any one here omni vs omni or clan vs clan. I had to head east quickly to avoid someone esles radar.
    Then it hit me I could use Omnis vast technology to scan for any Homo breeds in the zone.
    ME (Yukata)
    I was the only one here so i sped on.
    There were a marvelous array of creatures here.
    Thunder, Boom ,quake lizards
    Whale worms , multi winged chirops variations of the blubagg.
    Creatures the avg rubi kan never saw.
    For some reason omni had no outposts here. GUess that medusa runour they wanted to limit the male soldiers exposure. Still wasn't sure it was true. On old earth a medusa was supposed to be a hag looking creature with snakes...(alert!alert!).
    What the ... Omg the song filled my external pick ups. what was it it was eerie in this swamp and yet peaceful. I raced about tracking it down . Then I saw a form on the edge of the peninsula. a multi armed humanoid with things in her head.
    MEDUSA??????

I stayed aloft in my yalmaha scared to get close. HEr bio signs were deep red(meaning Ownership of Biowoman). I crept closer my yalm would save me if I took a wound, I could run.

WHat the Hell i got closer...........

to be continued....
    (Im just tired is all
    Oyasumi Nasai, ne?
    Biowoman
    level 71 healer doc.
    rk2

heh

posted in wrong section told ya im sleepy