Thread: "Waiting for your special attack to complete'

"Waiting for your special attack to complete'

As many others said, the game gets worse and worse with every patch.

Patch 13.2 resulted in one very annoying bug (which I've reported *several times* to the forum, 'form' and with '/petition' )

The bug is trivial to reproduce and it is still not fixed.

To reproduce:

Attack the MOB with, say 'burst'. When MOB get's closer, drop the gun and try to, say, 'brawl'. It would say "waiting for your special attack to complete". If somehow it works, try one more time. Usually it does not work. Last time I checked was 15 minutes ago.
    Of course, this bug is not an exception. Well ... there are plenty of bugs in this code, but the situation with this one really annoyed me.

I've played for 3-4 months occasionally, I've got the level 35 (or 36, don't remember). With the recent changes ( no waste of time running for missions just to get killed in the middle because of disconnect ) I think I could make to level 70 solo - easily, but I've cancelled my subscription today.

I've cancelled the subscription, because I really don't understand why my ISP (who charges the comparable monthly fee) always responds to my bugreports, but the very special company Funcom assumes that they can afford ignoring the bugreports.

Also, I'm now confident that the longer you play, the less interesting it gets because of bugs in Funcom's code. This issue has been covered my many people so I would not repeat what have been said already, just wanted to confirm that:

1. Funcom does not give a **** about their customers.
    2. I think that Funcom can not ship a playable game, because they don't understand how to write even virtually reliable software. ( I can elaborate on this one, but anybody who've explored the backyard should understand why Funcom sucks in programming. I'm talking about the "professional development" sign)

The guys are not professionals and they are proud of it. Well,
    you'l not get the money from me. I've cancelled the subscription and if I would know what a waste of time AO would be, I would not start playing it 4 months ago.

It looked nice, it was my first online world, I like the genre, but it is time to find some better 'GSP' ( Game Service Provider ).

Also ... Where is the promised storyline? I'd say that it is notexistant. You say you have it? ... Wel ... Unfortunately, I can not trust a word from Funcom, because of lies in technical press-releases ( "13.2 is has minor problems", sure ... and when sending my petition I realised that there are *hundreds* of petitions waiting in the queue... )

Don't lie, Funcom. This is just an advice.

Regards and good luck. You will need it.

I have the same problem with "waiting for special attack to complete"

However its not because I am changing a weapon..all I have is my mausser and my only special is burst ...it happens at least 3 times a day and you have to sit there as it cycles through again...

there doesnt seem to be any pattern to it occuring...just be in a fight hit burst and nothing happens...think ok I didnt click the button ill try again...and be greeted with that message...no burst damage is done to the Mob..they burst icon stays "available" but you cant burst

I have also run in to this many, many times on a daily basis. I am not sure what causes it to happen either but it certainly is annoying. Waiting for previous special attack to complete...as far as I can see the previous special attack has completed and this is a new cycle and there seems to be no reason why it shouldn't work.

There is also another gun bug that I find is even worse. I have a lvl 128 soldier using a Nova Flow and if you are unfortunate enough to click on fling or burst just before the gun starts to reload you lose that special attack completely. What happens is you click the special and the button greys out and nothing happens then a few moments later you get the Reloading... message and you go thru the reloading sequence but now the special you tried to use is NOT available right after that. You have to wait for the timer to make it available again and if you are unlucky enough you can lose your special attack again on the next reload cycle.

At higher level's fighting a single mob can take quite a bit of time and your gun may go through 3 or 4 reloading cycles in a single fight. It's not hard to see that the chances of losing a special attack in almost every single fight are very high. And with Burst being so gimped already with it's high chance of doing no more damage than a single regular shot as it is this bug really needs to be looked in to.

I also have a question, maybe someone can answer. Using a gun that holds 20 rounds and is fully reloaded before the start of a fight. I hit attack then use burst and then fling right away and then I get Reloading... How on earth can it be empty if I ony fired off 5 maybe 6 shots? Burst is supposed to be only 3 shots, and having used one single regular shot and then fling which is also one round only adds up to 5 rounds fired. Is this also a bug or am I missing something here?

Wink

Its the "Take it easy...." bug in disguise!
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

ok

Just hit special attack button several times and it will work.
    I encounter this often but it dosn't bother me that much.
    But it should be fixed.

I do hit the special over and over...I have to wait the full recharg time every time..

I also get that reloading "waste" of the burst as well...it is very annoying..but usually i have used all the ammo in the gun...after a long fight and i forgot to reload myself

Still getting this one FC.... ETA???????
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

I found that if you use a "special" attack and see the damage hit the mob, but nothing is displayed on your window... this is the bug that starts it.

Workaround: don't do anything... for a bout 1-2 seconds and you char. will then do it's "special" (no added damage) but the bug is gone at that point. It pretty much seems to be a sync issue in my opinion.

-Mega