Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: A Dangerous Alternative?

FJRK: A Dangerous Alternative?

A Dangerous Alternative?
    January 24, 29480 - Malogar

FJRK - I was sitting in my office having a cup of tea and some pie, when a small time reporter’s story landed on my grid feed. It was already a few days old, and since it had been posted on a small gridsite most people have apparently ignored it, or not seen it. I would most likely not have seen it either if it had not been sent to me. The interviews in the article are sure to cause quite some problems.

Most of the content in the news report, which was written by Reporter "Noticiero" Rivera, concentrates on various people’s opinions about the Council of Truth, and their actions, or according to one certain individual, lack thereof. First I must state that I, as a reporter, may try to keep an open mind, but it can become very hard when someone openly states that the clans are in chaos.

Lady "Xaun" Miyamoto openly states that the Council of Truth has grown complacent, and are "like a wounded animal which needs to be put down". Not only is she pointing fingers at the Council as an idea, but she also raises questions about some of the major clans. Lady Xaun criticizes the efforts undertaken by the New Dawn clan to find out the truth about the attempted assassination of Boss Ross, just because they didn’t tell her what they found. Has it ever occurred to you, Lady Xaun, that New Dawn might do so when the time is right?

Lady Xaun blames the Knights of Camelot for the lack of actions, both on the planet and within the Tower of Truth itself. Yet shortly after, she then blames the Sentinels for their single-minded attitude towards anyone who does not share their views. Xaun said that "they think as much as a rodent".

That sure is going to make Simon Silverstone happy. Maybe he will even replace his goat skull helmet with that of a rollerat.

Of course, all this bickering amongst the clans is nothing new. In fact, it’s far from it. But what is new is that Lady Xaun makes several references to the CoA, also known as the Council of Ares, or Ashes -- whatever it is that they called themselves -- and that a new form of the CoA will return at some point. This is something that she claims will be unlike anything we have seen before on this planet.

Whatever this movement might be, and whatever their goals are, they are apparently going to be an alternative to the Council of Truth. Perhaps it will be good, or perhaps it will be bad. Whatever it is though, if it actually happens, I seriously doubt that any of the major clans will welcome it with open arms, but I guess that we can only wait and see.

Finally, I must salute Lady Xaun for having the guts to say this out loud, and at the same time, thank her for calling our official news service for useless and afraid of taking risks. That was one rumor I have heard from my sources.

I am sure that mad man Simon will be quite happy about this. Until then, long live the true clans! Long live the true Council of Truth!

I think I'm getting a migraine.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

I dont get this bulletin -

the editor is cursing and praising Lady Xaun for openly shouting against COT, as far as I can tell. o.O
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

heh just more political garbage not my business all I care about is the next payday coming my way and if you get in MY WAY I assure you there will be lots of pain and suffering involved.

*chuckles* ...and they tell me I'm wild with the stabbing.

The article's more like a causerie than anything else.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

In reply to the original story Xaun sais:

I have heard of bad reporting before but never to this extreme.. when you want to make news.. at least report the facts.. you have not only misconstrued my words but your edits are rediculous... based on your report you might as well say I just signed a OT app and said good by to the ones I love. I no longer will listen to any of your reports as seeing how you have made the words we shared seem ludicrous at best.

You left out the part where I praised Sir Tristram for being such a word of reason on the council.. or how about when he took time out of his busy schedule to spend with my young clan... or maybe the part where I said he lets my clan use Camelot Castle as our meeting place... instead you fabricated a bunch of haneous accusations and insults to the very same person I have sworn my alleigence to.. I just hope that even those who support the Sentinels know me well enough to know better than to believe the lies and bs you have written here.. Next time you want to interview a clanner I hope that they are not as gullable as I to give you something to start from to write the news to seem how ever you want.. more than half of what you have posted there in our interview never was said or happened yet you report it as truth? Who paid you to try to slander my reputation this way.... Bravo... OT traitor.
    Now, I'm not in a position to verify either the words of Lady Xaun or those of Noticiero Rivera, but I have met Xaun and a number of Aethyr's on various occasions, and personally I lean more towards believeing the words of Xaun instead of those of Noticiero Rivera.
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

As a member of Aethyr Prime and as some one who knows her fairly well there are a few things that I must say.

First off, Xaun has said that the interview had been altered by Mr. Rivera and I must agree with her after reading it, those that know her well will notice a shift in the personality in several places.

I have never known her to brag about knowing people in positions of influance for one and she would not insult the anyone in the Knights of Avalon, much less those in leadership positions, she is a great supporter for the ideals they try to uphold. She holds Sir Tristram in very high reguard, more so since he made a personal visit to one of our meetings and stayed threw the entire event, even speaking to us all as a whole and to several of us individualy after the meeting was over.

Now while she, and many others, are tired of the inaction of the CoT, she still belives in it and supports it. Infact one of the past topics in the CoT meetings was the fact that they were getting nothing done.

And Malogar, considering all the effort and work that she, and all of the Aethyr clans put in, we deserve some kind of word back from them, we spend weeks and months gathering that intel.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Perhaps you should contact Lt. Arai from The Black Company regarding the intel, Sir. You might be surprised.

So I shall
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Second CoA, eh? Looks like OT managed to infect clan water suppy with whatever they use to turn their employees in brain-dead zombies.

Only action of first CoA was to overtrown CoT and turn clan political and social life into desert. Oh, and they put that pesty despot in Tir. At times like that I can understand Eco Red.

Whatever initial interview looked like, Xaun never disagreed with conspiring against CoT. Somewhat strage notion from someone that supports leagacy leader that speaks for honor and order.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I completely agree with you about the CoA's effect on clans. It only seperated us and then the words, "clan politics" ceased to exist for 2 years.

Yes, I know times were different back then and the average clanner couldn't get their voice heard but today, its far too risky to consider causing civil unrest just because things don't go your way every time.

People can get representation now with the reborn CoT. Something they couldn't get before. If the CoT of today doesn't do things fast enough for your liking, the only ones to blame are yourselves. The CoT can only use what it is given and if only a few clans take part and do the work, of course little will be done.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Exclamation

personally i think that simon woudl be much more scary wearing the gutted remains of a rollerrat, but cant the clans actually stop lookign in at them selves and look out at what Omni-tek are planning in retaliation to the boss ross assasination attempt and im not saying i know for sure but its a strong feeling that there will be some retaliation by renegade OT guilds

hahahahahha.... so they not only stole noti's story, but now someone is claiming it as their (slightly modified) own?

Shenadigans for the reporter!
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge
    Whatever initial interview looked like, Xaun never disagreed with conspiring against CoT. Somewhat strage notion from someone that supports leagacy leader that speaks for honor and order.
    Actually if you follow the link presented by Sary you will see where the decrys nearly the entire interview.

Also, believe me or not, she has told me that she DOSE NOT support the CoA in any form or fasion. She has no wish to see the CoT removed.

You must be bored to reet this
    Retired Jellie "Ghostforpvp" Bellie 220/18 Atrox Enforcer
    Gimp PvP movie
    Neophyte Cybor "Ghostpimpage" Plz 220/17 Atrox Keeper
    Neophyte Reroll "Ghosnipe" Mfkr 220 /14 Atrox Agent
    Upcomming Its "Gthefix" Ghost 217/16

I havent spoken about political things with Xaun but that sounds nothing like her, realy if your going to do a charictor assasination pay attention to the charictor of the victem.

Can't realy say I know about the political moves mentioned it seemed more random buzz words than any sense but I'l leave that to more politicaly minded people. This garbage though should be marked clearly at the top as ..

FICTION
    Last edited by Sekke; Jan 26th, 2006 at 09:21:47.

Council of "Ashes?"
    Now that's just trying to stir up trouble.

I heard that it was Council of Aries.

Yes, but the term "Council of Ashes" sounds too much like someone trying to link them to the Dust Brigade.

I'm not saying there is such a link, just pointing out the propaganda. Since the message has been modified, it's possible that this is part of the reporter's agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast