These are de-classified records of the formation, activities and disbandment of the Council of Ares in the years 29476-29477.

Due to the recent mentioning of the CoA in an interview (and some lunatic claiming the CoA is coming back to destroy the current CoT), I figured I should open up my private files which I usually share with trusted clan leaders.

After reviewing the records, I consider CoA nothing but a small footnote in the great history of the clans, therefore all related information to be de-classified.

Additional comments are provided based on my personal experience on the subject.

Note: After some investigation and research, there is no current group being formed under the name Council of Ares within any of the 3 factions, neither is there any similar coalition being formed in secret or publicly. The only current threats to the CoT are: Dust Brigade, Mutants, Cyborgs, Omni-Tek (specially the Unicorn Company), the Unredeemed and the Kyr'Ozch who are attacking our world and some groups/individuals which are categorized under 'classified'.

============================

Council of Ares: The Truth (Voice of Freedom Gridfeed)
06 August, 29476

Council of Ares, Council of War. How CoA came to be, and why.

It all began months ago with the head of the Council of Truth, Mr. Henry Radiman’s disappearance, the lack of any CoT official to guide the clans, or keep them informed of the Council of Truth's work for the people.

July 22nd: One of the most respected clans in existence, Opposing Force, rallies in front of the CoT Building demanding action and answers. Their Press Release previous to the Rally was clear.

"The time has come for action. The time has come to take matters into our own hands. The time has come to show the Council of Truth (the CoT) we will no longer stand idle while they do nothing in our conflict with Omni-Tek!

Clanners unite! Unite with us as we take the first steps and rally against the CoT and their lack of leadership. We will be rallying against the CoT for approximately one hours time every day this week. We must show the Council and Mr. Radiman we will no longer accept non-leadership.

The time is now to step up and lead the clans! If the Council of Truth will not, then it is time for them to step down and for us, as the clans to put someone there who will lead the clans to peace, freedom, and choice."

The Press Release after the rally states:

"No member of the Council of Truth appeared to appease the demonstrators and Radiman was nowhere to be found. When the crowd dispersed, an eerie silence returned to the CoT compound, perhaps proving the point that inactivity is the current regime's claim to fame."

Commander Redruum of Clan Anarchist Syndicate and Commander Windguaerd of Mercury Dragons Clan began discussing options on how to deal with the situation after CoT failed to respond to the rally.

It was decided pressure needed to be put, not just politically but on a military level. The threat of a new Council would certainly force the CoT to react, or at least respond.

But what if the results are just as unacceptable as the previous months of inactivity?

Further discussions made both leaders realise that if their plan fails, then the newly proposed Council WOULD have a chance to replace CoT. As military men they assumed the CoT supporters would challenge them, as they would if they were them.

The plan to bluff CoT into action changed, to one to replace them if the response from the current clan leadership representing our people was not satisfactory.

They begun to contact a few clan leaders they knew privately, and gave them the basic idea of what the Council of Ares was all about. The name Ares was chosen as it represents the war we are in (Ares, ancient Greek God of War). Most agreed with it and agreed to give support, others decided to remain neutral.

When clan leader Rederon was contacted he agreed to keep the conversation private as the other leaders did. He listened, and then disagreed with the idea at the time, that CoA would challenge the CoT supporters. He threatened to stop the movement, and go public, and then went public through a few media.

Not long after, representatives from First Light Clan and Delta Force of Rubi-Ka Clan commented on CoA, without speaking to Cmdr. Windguaerd or Cmdr. Redruum, all based on the opinions of clan Leader Rederon.

CoA sent CoT a warning before we went public, we made it clear we were preparing to replace the inactive leadership, and that if it meant a coup, it would be so.

Soon after, Mr. Radiman sent a response to the clan people, coincidence?

Based on his response the CoA goals were changed. It was decided that instead of acting against the CoT supporters, we would react to them if they challenged us if the coup took place.

Rumours of CoA planning to hack insurance patterns of clan leaders who support CoT are unsubstantiated, and outright lies.

CoA clans have fought Dust Brigade and all kinds of threats against the clans; we've fought those who would use such methods. We have not, and will not become that which we've fought.

Some clans are openly in the CoA while others are not. We have the support of strong clans, with certain conditions. Such conditions vary, some depend on a certain time, and others based on their own values of what they consider a proper response from CoT about their lack of leadership.

Opposing Force and Lost Chapter have openly stated they would support a change in leadership if CoT doesn't step up.

We do not want a civil war. But if CoT proves to be worthless to the people, then change is needed. The Council of Ares will accept with open arms ANY clan leader (even if it is a supporter of CoT) if the CoT is deposed. We will not hold a grudge against those who would fight for their beliefs, in the best interest of the clans from their perspective.

CoA is a military coalition, however we would rather replace CoT (if necessary of course) peacefully. CoT could step down and allow the active clan leaders to do what needs to be done.

WE are the ones at the frontlines; we've fought mutants, Omni-Tek Factions and militia, cyborgs, and the Dust Brigade. CoT has done nothing but the old "we're looking into it, we'll get back to you" for far too long. We want answers, and we want answers within two weeks of today (August 6th, 29476).

If CoT does not care to appropriately answer for their complete lack of leadership in the past months, and their achievements during such period, then CoA will discuss a plan of action.

Mercury Dragons Public Relations Department - The Voice of Freedom stresses this is an unedited (in content) press release from the signed parties, and does not necessarily reflect the vies of the publication.

Comment: It was my idea to form CoA, I even came up with the name. We meant everything we spoke about, however our plan was based on a bluff. We had no real intention to replace the CoT even tho we openly stated we were willing to do so. Sure we thought about it, but we just lacked the resources to do it even with all the support of several clans. This we kept secret to ourselves. Few within our own clans knew our strategy, which was to scare the CoT into action, to once again communicate with the clan population which they had ignored for so long.

Mercury Dragons withdraws from CoA (Voice of Freedom Gridfeed)
30 August, 29476
Sambika

Late on the night of 28 August, 29476 an un-named official of the Council of Truth approached a General of the Mercury Dragons under highest security measures, expressing various concerns about current events and raising some important, head-turning issues.

The information recieved is entirely classified at this moment, however, we are working hard to assess the situation and may be contacting other clans or individuals on these matters within the next weeks. Expect information to be declassified and published as soon as we have fully evaluated the situation.

Effective immediately, after an emergency meeting of our Command Staff, Mercury Dragons Clan withdraws from the Council of Ares. We, the Mercury Dragons, will no longer be considered part of the CoA. However, we will still support clans involved within the CoA, should they need military or other assistance, for self-defence only.

We are also not able to comment if the Clan Anarchist Syndicate's withdrawal from the CoA several days ago, is due to similar information received. At this moment, we have received no official statement from Commander Redruum.

As previously stated, we are not able to further comment on the turn of events at the present moment. The parties involved will not be named for security and safety reasons.

Saran Sambika Orender
Mercury Dragons Public Relations Department

Comment: It was Radiman himself who approached both Redruum and myself privately, asking for us to disband the CoA, since it was causing a rift within the clans, and the CoT itself. We agreed to his request after he had given us his word that he would do his best to convince the council members to keep the clan citizens informed and that more formal appearances of officials to lift clan morale would be shown. Of course we could not mention Radiman, or that we had been approached by him, so we had to change the facts a bit so that the CoT and ourselves could save face. MD withdrew from CoA, CAS did so soon after. Without our leadership the coalition fell apart as we expected.

October 14, 29476

Cmdr. Redruum from Clan Anarchist Syndicate and Cmdr. Windguaerd reform the Council of Ares.

Comment: After we first disbanded the CoA, we thought things would change, they didn't. I would say that the situation with the CoT went downhill. I have a feeling that Radiman tried, but the council members had their own agenda which included keeping the clan citizens in the dark about most of what was happening in the council chambers. So 2 months after CoA disbanded, it was reformed. This time around it was Redruum who convinced me to do it. I'm not sure now if it was the right choice to make.

November 13, 29476

The Voice of Freedom publishes a CoA Press Release titled "Did we surrender?", made in response to OTSEC's Press Release titled "OTSEC Demand Council of Ares Surrender Military-Grade Weapons" published by Rubik-Ka Times.

Comment: The OTSEC was desperate to taint the CoA name, to the point that they made up false charges based on information they claim was legitimate (yet they never revealed their sources). I must note that The Omni Observer appeared to be a media source which was under OTSEC control.

November 20, 29476

The Voice of Freedom publishes a CoA Press Release, revealing the treachery of Omni-Tek representatives in an attempt by CoA to peaceful discuss the recently released "OTSEC Resolution" that ordered the CoA to disarm and surrender.

November 26, 29476

Mercury Dragons Clan PR Department releases a Press Release in response to The Rubi-Ka Times published report by Garret 'Bonefish' Silvestrini detailing among others accusations of arms delivery to the Sentinels which was purposely aimed at CoA by OTSEC in an attempt to stamp CoA as terrorists.

January 12, 29477

Mercury Dragons Clan withdraws from the Council of Ares.

Comment: After many months of internal disagreement within the CoA, and unauthorized public comments by CAS members which lead to the coalition loss of support from the clan population I decided enough was enough. I pulled MD out of CoA, and vowed never to associate with CoA in any way as long as I was in command of my clan. As a sidenote, I still believe that if things had been kept under control (publicly and privately within CoA clans) that we could have made a positive influence overall. Unfortunately the foolishness of young clanners who spoke without thinking, and the skeptical nature of some clan leaders who saw CoA as just a military coalition (we wanted to be more than that) denied us the chance.