Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffing issues

Buffing issues

.Latey I have been getting very annoyed with high level toons asking for tips when asked for buffs. I am a high level enforcer myself.

Example: I have asked many doc's or fixers and sometimes MPs for the regular buffs and they want a tip. The same people ask me for behe, PS, CS. Why are they different? what makes there buffs require a tip - rather a fee. IC does only 20/20 and behe does 27/27 + HP and it does not require a tip.

Not everyone is this way. but I would say more 70% people are. What would happen if Enforcers started charging for behe. Behe is better then IC. I could make 15m a day casting behe.

All of these buffs including Fgrid, SFA are easy buffs to cast. They require no effort. Yet I still pay for IC because I will never get one if I dont. I have a **** list that Have made for myself. I do refer to it to see who is on it when high level toons ask me for buffs. And it works.. There is such great feeling when that person asks you for behe and you can say NO right to them. Stunned as they are I tell them why and they walk away without an arguement because they know they are guilty of this.

many times I havet thought about refusing behe unless I get a paid to do it. If I know you then I give it to you for free. Low toons get it for free or unless I know your twinking a low toon. A doc gets 500k for IC 20/20 so why cant I get 500k for behe 27/27 points.

More then like I will never charge but I do have my Text note pad on my desk top filled with names who have refused to buff me or want a fee for simple effortless buffs. If I ever come accross them again and they do buff then I remove them from the list. I dont mind giving behe PS CS AS to anyone. what bothers me is that docs, fixers and MPS are charging for there buffs when they should not be. I have to pay for all of my buffs - Perhaps all enfs should start charging for Behe.

Everyones thought on this would be great. Dont turn this into drama only that I am looking for peoples thoughts on this. that is all
    Last edited by Flows3; Jan 22nd, 2006 at 15:57:46.

Here's my thought -

Meta's are constantly badgered by engineers chucking "MC TS MOHCAMS PLXPXL".
    Fixers have "gsf/hot/ncu plz" engraved in their chat text 2 seconds after logging on.
    Traders start forming massive lines by those who want wranglers.
    Doctors are pounded by "IC/SFA plxplx", and enforcers get "behe plz" too often.

Almost everyone who asks for these buffs turns 180 degrees and runs straight off, as if they take these people for granted.

To "fix" this situation, they start charging for buffs so that they can weed the newbies out and only the more competant of players can get the buffs.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

yes that is true..some of what my point was is that people get bend out of shape if an enforcer dare trys to charge for behe...

The spam of tells when you zone is because you are on the /list fixer or what ever they type. You can fix that by type typing this exactly... /anon

That takes you off the list. Max out your concealment, press H and you are set, then no one can see you if your level 150+ or depending what IP's they have trained.. I have had 217 fixers and other high level toons that are not able to see me hiding hehe. but it works.. when I go in borealis I open all my back packs, press H and your good to go for selling and chatting away and you will never get bugged...

To take yourself off the /list just type /anon and your off.. Doing that will cut down the tells by 75% or unless they see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flows3
    yes that is true..some of what my point was is that people get bend out of shape if an enforcer dare trys to charge for behe...
    You've got a point. If I need Behemoth and I've got a spare X00,000 on me, I'll gladly tip; otherwise I'll just /bow and say "thanks" or something. "Tips appreciated" is what people like best though when they advertise things
    The spam of tells when you zone is because you are on the /list fixer or what ever they type. You can fix that by type typing this exactly... /anon
    Nope, sorry. Reliable sources have told me they type /list buffmonkey
    Max out your concealment, press H and you are set, then no one can see you if your level 150+ or depending what IP's they have trained.. I have had 217 fixers and other high level toons that are not able to see me hiding hehe. but it works.. when I go in borealis I open all my back packs, press H and your good to go for selling and chatting away and you will never get bugged...
    Better still is morphing into leet form - most newbies and twinks don't raise Perception high enough to detect someone with 2-400+ conceal and is nice on the IP.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I dont care if you are Omni, Neut or Clan.

I dont care what Breed or Profession you are.

If you ask politely then I will buff you.

I even log alts for buffing strangers when I have a few minutes free.

Charging for simple buffs I feel is wrong.

((wrong forum requesting warp to reet retreat))

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster

Yes, that that is the way it should be.

Agree. I have a feeling that what goes around, comes around. As a fixer, I have never *ever* charged for any buff or hacking job. On the other hand, I had almost never had somone charge me as well.
    Although I think most people don't dare to ask a fixer with fgrid for a tip
    Ludozee 195/8 Fixer, RK2 [Equip]

Tribute to Wrangeline's tier-armour post

Dutch and Proud

Proud General of Unlimited High Society

"My pantaloons are full of weasels. Inform the queen, so that she might shoo them away. Here we go 'round the mulberry bush. Go monkey GO!"

Quote Originally Posted by Flows3
    Not everyone is this way. but I would say more 70% people are. What would happen if Enforcers started charging for behe. Behe is better then IC. I could make 15m a day casting behe.
    IMHO its more like 10% of the ppl.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo
    Agree. I have a feeling that what goes around, comes around. As a fixer, I have never *ever* charged for any buff or hacking job. On the other hand, I had almost never had somone charge me as well.
    *nods* I don't either.
    It can be a tad annoying to have to team people to buff them with NCUs of fgrid, but it's mostly just hitting the hotkey and it's done.
    It's quite funny to see the first tell roll in before the org bot gets around to greet you though

But really, we all need something from each other at one point or another. Easier to just help people out.

If it requires people to go to much out of the way(like a trader having to go to a backyard and drain up) or to actually spend money(buying tradeskilling stuff), then fair enough, but else no.

i personaly refuse to take tips from omni´s + neuts, and i make up for that by not buffing clanners, unless i know em (how stupid does the lvl 21 clan trader think i am?)
    generaly i find much more satisfaction when people are truely gratefull than seeing a fellow omni wasting creds on something he didnt have to, he should improve and advance instead of tipping for junk buffs (i see the point of tipping for a wrangle though since its obviously a quite negative thing to do if your a trader [you loose skills])

i, on the other hand, dont feel any need to tip others, but thats just me (well unless i really really really need it, and the person im asking DOESNT ask for the tip) gave a lowbie doc 5mil cause i really needed a sfa once, so stuff like that yeah, in general no...
    - Xcellers
    Alexander "Xcellers" Voss
    Info Loadout Inner Circle
    Exiled Member of Inner Circle

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

I don't mind buffing people, its the ones who think that jumping up and down and circle strafing at teh same time will somehow help me or make me prioritise them over other things are the ones who annoy me, because trying to target a jumping grey leet is a royal pain >.<

also vicinity chat please

anyone who trys to charge me for a buff ends up on my ignore list, fortunately I don't meet many people who try.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Behe Plxplx???
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

I don't charge for buffs because I think it's rude. However if someone shows their appreciation with a tip most likely I would accept it. In the rare instances where I need outside buffs like SFA or a wrangle or whatever, I ask a friend if possible or I tip well (500k-1mil). I don't consider it paying for the buff, but paying for their time. Professions with useful buffs get inconvienianced a lot and get nothing whatsoever in return. Usually on my MP if I stand at bor grid, I get requests for CI or Mochams every 2 seconds, and often don't get tipped at all.
    ~~
    RK2 Guernica - 220 (18) Mp
    RK2 Taotou - 180 (12) Doc
    + Assorted old toons I don't play anymore
    ~~
    ╞╤╧╪♥Gue♥ ╪╧╤╡
    [Vantura]: guerni can I get ssome loving
    To [Vantura]: I'm sorry, but you're clan. I'm omni. It would never work. I'm high maintenance. I need towers above TL 4. And none of those gay animal hats you guys wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster

Thanks for the buffs Slip. I need fgrid also plaz, hitting Komodo tower site u see, and... u wouldnt have a disabler I could use too do you? Would be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker
    IMHO its more like 10% of the ppl.
    Yup. Ppl tend to exaggerate when angry.
    Nautys
    Founder of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Malice42 - Revelator
    Hey chieft you r0xx0r - Chieft is da man for sure.

If people are asking you for tips for buffs, maybe you're not asking politely enough, because I almost never get asked for a tip (although I seldom need a wrangle / MP comps / fgrid).

I posted this idea in another thread about buffs, and here it is again:

Nanostimming as a tip! If you nanostim your buffer, you show that you appreciate their efforts and value that they aren't just a buff-dispensing machine. Futhermore, that trox probably can't really hand out behes all day without draining the blue bar, so give them a little love.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

I can behe all day long

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Azza
    Nanostimming as a tip! If you nanostim your buffer, you show that you appreciate their efforts and value that they aren't just a buff-dispensing machine. Futhermore, that trox probably can't really hand out behes all day without draining the blue bar, so give them a little love.
    yes ffs! when buffing twinks by the dozens it would be soo awesome! rrfe = lots of nano for a gimpy solja nano pool
    - Xcellers
    Alexander "Xcellers" Voss
    Info Loadout Inner Circle
    Exiled Member of Inner Circle

Superior training and superior weaponry have, when taken together, a geometric effect on overall military strength. Well-trained, well-equipped troops can stand up to many more times their lesser brethren than linear arithmetic would seem to indicate.
    OTAF Battle Manual

Quote Originally Posted by tk421
    yes ffs! when buffing twinks by the dozens it would be soo awesome! rrfe = lots of nano for a gimpy solja nano pool
    When buffing twinks it's kinda a case of someone logging an NT for you, which I will do every time if it's needed.
    Nautys
    Founder of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Malice42 - Revelator
    Hey chieft you r0xx0r - Chieft is da man for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skin
    When buffing twinks it's kinda a case of someone logging an NT for you, which I will do every time if it's needed.
    ya right -.-

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast