Thread: blood, souls, money, and redemption

blood, souls, money, and redemption

Prologue

“Most call me psychotic… I could care less about most of the people in this world. As for the society we now live in… I am inclined to believe people are biased against my kind. But as I said I could care less. You want the truth? I am a mercenary and I don’t care much for your faction’s causes. I don’t care much for anybody’s fights either so if you start spouting off a political debate expect me to be walking out the door. If you start drawing weapons against me expect to be flung to the ground and beaten senseless or possibly killed if your unlucky. However if anybody is in need of a job well… I can be hired for a price. Just don’t double-cross me and one more thing I always honor a contract but that’s ok if you don’t trust me that’s your own damned opinion.”

-Lize Verengoth AKA “Freyda the Mercenary”

Waking up from her dormitory Lize Verengoth got up from her cot and turned the alarm clock off. It was another one of those days. Her comm. Unit was going haywire so she picked it up.

“What do you want? I was sleeping this better be good.”
    The comm. Unit buzzed in with a response on the other end.

“This is ICC HQ agency. Freyda please report to your contact in newland city for your next objective. Over and out.”

After setting the comm. Unit down Freyda began getting up and getting dressed. Muttering to herself “another objective… Another target… Another payday… And another soul…” Leaving her dorm she picked up her two blades. She was often reminded of her past assignments and the blood that cascaded off her blades and onto her hands at times when she used them against her targets or objectives.

“And those agency bastards still trust me? I can’t even trust myself. What makes them think they can control a shade? It doesn’t matter I have to get my orders from another client that means… another objective… another target… another payday... and always another soul…”

This day was like any other day when leaving her dormitory she was no longer referred to as Lize Verengoth but as her code name “Freyda” to her Lize Verengoth died a horrific death some countless number of years ago. She calls herself Freyda the mercenary and most people often call her the most heartless and ruthless woman of her kind.

To be continued….

((this is only the beginning of one of her past assignments she has had many assignments. Most of the other assignments were posted in Shattered Dreams forums. I am thinking of posting them here sorry if it seems kinda of new but I haven’t posted in Rimor buzz ever so please go a bit easy on me I will continue this story as soon as I can.))
    Last edited by Freyda; Jan 29th, 2006 at 06:24:15.

“When taking a job as a mercenary always remember that after the job is done that you are sure you have the right amount of money and that your client doesn’t double cross you also do not grow any attachments to anybody a social life can mean the death of you. The only people you should ever trust is yourself and nobody else.”

-Freyda the mercenary

The contact

Making her way out of the dormitories and reaching the outside of the ICC outpost she waited impatiently. “Goddamn fools always keeping me waiting I hate it when they do this. Maybe I should leave... No I took this assignment because... never mind I am not backing out no regrets.”
    After several minutes of waiting the contact arrived. “So you’re the mercenary our superiors mentioned very well here is some equipment and some data on the target and don’t screw this one up. The last few times our hired help has failed we have reason to believe you will too if you live…. Don’t come back and don’t expect to get paid you will die if you fail. Now take your stuff and leave.”

Taking the datacube and the equipment Freyda left the outpost and took a grid terminal out her next destination Mort desert.

After leaving the grid Freyda checked her equipment and surroundings it was meetmedere a small town not a very big population. She checked the details of her information and began hunting the area asking questions from the locals. “hate this place… these people are so stupid…This will be easy a quick thrust to the neck with my piercing weapon and I will be done hell the guards wont even notice a dead corpse. By the time they do I will be long gone.”

Having no luck with the local’s Freyda went to a hotel and decided to stay a few nights to analyze the situation. “These people are a hell of a lot smarter then they look they know who I am talking about but won’t give me any information looks like I am going to have to find another way of getting the info.”

After leaving the hotel Freyda began her search again. After several hours she found some thug’s. Grinning evilly Freyda approached them.

“Hello boys. Maybe you can help me I am looking for somebody.”

The two thugs were atrox and in work uniforms it was obvious that they were either miner’s or some form of bodyguard. They started laughing at her.

“listen lady we wont tell ya anything and besides its much more fun if you just join us I can give you a tour if ya know what I mean?” the trox thug on the left was laughing while the other on the right was staring at her with a fascination.”

“Time to show these guys who they are dealing with I am not some helpless female to them…lets see maybe a couple of bruises and some minor wounds will get them talking.”

With lightning quick speed Freyda knocked down one of the trox thugs with her butt end of her rapier. She then stabbed the other Trox thug on her right in the shoulder and held the blade up with him hanging on the end of it.

“I ask the questions now. You tell me where THIS guy is. If you don’t answer me correctly I may just see what I can do to change your rather egotistical mindset so don’t push me.” pulling out a datacube out of her other hand while still holding the rapier she showed the terrified trox the image of the target.

The trox thug’s eyes widened in terror at the image before more could be said Freyda felt the presence of another thug come up behind her scowling Freyda threw the wounded thug off her rapier and turned around quickly to intercept her attacker.

((more to come will she ever find her target? The answer is yes but it will take awhile as I said I haven’t posted in Rimor buzz so if anything is amiss please let me know))

“After that horrible experiment many years ago I have learned to live with my… terrifying abilities although I cannot say the same for the unfortunates on the end of my blades… each death makes me stronger but what happens to me? I… I seem less and less human each time I use these powers it is my gift and the curse…

...The curse of the shade...

-Freyda the Mercenary

The blood

It was chaotic after several tense minutes of fighting there was carnage everywhere it was nearly like a war zone. After giving the attacker a taste of his own medicine Freyda threw the corpse to the ground. Then she launched herself on top of it and began draining the soul from the corpse. The other thug wounded on the ground watched in terror and fascination at the strange phenomenon that was occurring.

Slowing getting up and wiping the blood and the spirit energy off her she glared at the wounded thug then began to speak.

“The same will happen to you. Now just tell me what I need to know and I will let you live. If your lucky I may even just kill you without draining your soul you do realize that if I did that you wouldn’t be able to come back from reclaim insurance? So I seriously suggest you start talking and right NOW.”

Getting up from the corpse she came toward the wounded thug and began advancing toward him with her rapiers in a threatening manner. And then picked him up with the bladed end of her rapier through the wound she had previously made. The trox thug screamed in agony and began pleading for mercy.

“OK OK I WILL TALK JUST PUT ME DOWN GODDAMNIT.”

Blood still dripping down the rapier and down her hand she flung the trox to the floor then smiled a mysterious smile and then whispered quietly.

“You are… The first… maybe there is hope for me yet…”

After getting all the info she needed from the thug she left him out on the street but before going any further she turned to face him slowly with a face of agony she spoke up.

“Today you live… your friend’s fate is worse… be happy you didn’t share his same fate… be happy I am sparing your life…. And if you search for me be warned I will not hesitate to deliver the same fate your friend suffered…”

To prove her point she took out a pointed throwing star and tossed it with amazing agility straight at the thug pinning his working shirt to the ground. The thug stared at her in absolute terror.

“Consider your life… and soul spared…. For now…”

Leaving without another word Freyda left the scene of carnage and the wounded thug still pinned to the ground by the throwing star her next objective awaiting her in an abandoned outpost.

((it’s a bit short if any problems reading or grammar/spelling errors please let me know anyways this particular assignment is nearly finished but oh wait Freyda is always doing assignments and as I said she has done some past ones perhaps if people take an interest in this particular assignment I should post my previous ones from the SD forums? Who knows any comments and feedback appreciated though.))

The hit

“Always go for the kill any second hesitations can be the end of you. Always assume the worst when your target finds out he, she, it has been tagged for assassination. And always remember…never leave evidence behind that can potentially identify you. Follow these rules of silence and you will never go wrong its what always makes a mercenary or end’s a mercenary’s life.”

-Freyda the Mercenary

After entering the abandoned outpost through a secret entrance Freyda crept through the area and began scanning for potential signs of life after making sure there was nobody else she went through the outpost.

“Why do my objectives always hide in the worst possible rat traps? Oh well after this assignment is over I will get some rest.” Remembering her past experiences with her previous assignments Freyda shuddered and entered a narrow corridor. After searching for hours she found some sign of life through the corridors and began going through into another room. That is when the ambush happened.

“Crap security droid’s this doesn’t get any easier does it? Lets see if they can handle a taste of my powers.”

Moving at an incredibly fast rate Freyda began causing massive amounts of damage towards the security bot’s it was then that she realized she wasn’t alone. Bullets began buzzing by her nearly clipping her in the head. She spotted a shadowy figure loading up a pistol less then fifteen feet away from the dead droids.

“Clever bastard this one must be a Bureaucrat…Time to show him that these rapiers stop for nobody not even for politicians.”

With amazing speed Freyda started pummeling the figure with her rapiers each attempt however was being blocked.

“This guy is good I got to give him that… but its time to end this farce NOW!!!!!!!!”

Gathering her shade energy she began striking at the figure with each powerful strike the target’s strength began waning until he was down on his knees. Freyda grabbed him by the shirt and lifted him up with superior strength.

“Time to meet your fate…”

After lifting him up with her hand she threw him into the air and then brought her rapiers up and pierced them into the target after the man fell into the rapiers his screams cut off and everything was silent she then tossed him off her rapier like a rag doll. After cleaning her rapiers she went toward the corpse.

“NO!!!!!!!!!! I wont do this AGAIN… I already destroyed one person several days ago I am not going to do this again…”

Backing away slowly from the corpse Freyda fled the corridor that is when all hell broke loose, footsteps and the sounds of security robots could be heard in many rooms and several Omni-Tek soldiers had came out of nowhere with guns pointing directly at Freyda.

((Sorry this was a bit short so yes she beat her target to death nope she didn’t drain his soul. And don’t ask me why. Anyways this assignment isnt finished yet as you may have noticed she is in a very tight spot right now and after she escaped there is still the manner of collecting her payday hehe…. That will come soon in time. Also try to go easy on me if you see any mistakes please let me know and I may try to fix them I am after all still a bit new to posting in the Rimor buzz section.))
    Last edited by Freyda; Jan 27th, 2006 at 06:44:07.

Soul harvest

“The power of a shade comes in many different techniques, skills, and natural abilities but the one that is very rare and is considered the most dangerous is the berserker fury of a shade. The fury is often a result of a shade that has not fed on the souls of his or her prey often. Once a shade loses control of his or her power from the lack of the souls, they go on a mad killing rampage draining the spirit energy and souls of their foes. Each death greatly increases their strength but at what cost?”

-Freyda the mercenary

“The jig is up spy come along quietly and you will be spared or-“

the guard that spoke never uttered the next word in a flash of blood and violence and speed Freyda flew through the corridor slaughtering everything in sight machine, Opifex, Solitus and even a few atrox after each death the corpses that fell to the floor of the corridor rotted away almost as if there was no energy to support any life in their bodies.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can this be? How? Why? It wasn’t supposed to come to THIS!!!!!!!”

Screams were heard throughout the entire outpost blood flew all over hitting the walls the floor’s and the ceilings. After several minutes of massive attacks everything was silent all that could be heard was the silent muttering of a lone woman lying in the center of the chaos surrounded by many corpses of the Omni-Tek soldiers and ruins of the robots and droids and also the blood everywhere.

“Two souls were spared for this? How can this be? I wasn’t supposed to lose control like this so fast. It was only two souls…only two souls…there is no god where I am going when I die that’s for sure.”

After several minutes of meditating on her objective Freyda picked up her rapiers and got up from the carnage. Scanning the DNA of her target she completed her objective then she walked out of the outpost leaving a trail of corpses and ruins in her wake….

“No more feelings it was after all a trap…It didn’t have to end like this but unfortunately this is the sad fate of life and there is nothing more I can do… I got my objective done… its over I will get my payday and leave this god forsaken rock…”
    Continuing to her contact point Freyda was ready for reporting to her superiors.

Elsewhere…

“That… was AMAZING so that was the full potential of a shade that is starved?”

“My dear doctor that was only a small portion of what the hunger does to a shade and THAT my friend is an undiscovered talent few shades know about the fact that she knows of this skill could become a great advantage to us in the future.”

“But are you not afraid she might turn on us?”

“Of course that is why we have taken many precautions the drugs we keep her on keep her from unleashing her full potential its only a matter of time… only a matter of time before we set our plans in motion.”

“How sweet…. You and your assistant can go to hell I have much better ideas then something like this ancient and sad excuse of an experiment. Besides we have an entire army of shades to throw away at our opponents this is only one… so what if she has special skills some of our own do too… terminate this project its not worth getting killed over.”

“But-“

“Would you question my authority? How DARE you guards SEIZE him!!!!!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh…………”

“…………..Lize………… Forgive me……….”

“Now that we got rid of that sad excuse of a scientist and his failed experiment lets continue onto better things…”

Waking up from her nightmare she remembered her project. And all the horrific memories that came with it. Getting up off the ground of the desert of Meetmedere she headed towards the town in search of the contact.

“If only that project wasn’t a failure… If only I wasn’t a FAILURE… so many deaths… will I ever gain redemption from the torture of my demons?”

((and that my friends ends the part of her escape but will she ever be the same after such carnage? Who knows and when will she get her payday? All in due time my friends all in due time as I said in my several posts feedback and positive/negative responses appreciated I will try to fix any mistakes if you guys just tell me. expect to see the conclusion to this assignment but that’s not it there will be more of Freyda in the future I have many of her past assignments.))

The Blood Money

Remember the rules of a mercenary. If you get double-crossed and survive… Kill your client as brutally and savagely as you possibly can. Make it a known fact that should you get double-crossed the consequences will be terrible, after the deed is done let any future client know about your previous clients fate’s end and warn them that should they attempt something like that they will meet the same exact fate as the previous client’s that have double-crossed you. Fear and reputation is the only way to hold leverage over any of your clients should they have a reputation of killing those that work for them.

-Freyda “The Mercenary”

And so it has begun….

After several hours of traveling the desert of Meetmedere Freyda was exhausted and went to the inn in the city waiting for her contact. “It is all this waiting that makes me angry after a successful mission… this time if my contact doesn’t show there will be hell to pay… I just murdered over several dozen people and caused some havoc. I better get some good pay out of this…”

After waiting for three hours Freyda’s comm. Unit was alerting her she decided to pick it up.

“So… you’re the assassin that killed my brother. You evil bitch!!!!!!! Those OT bastards cut off his insurance policy he isn’t coming back and you STARTED this. I… I am so going to kill you when I get my hands on you-”

“How did you reach me?”

That question brought silence over the comm. Unit. After several minutes of waiting for an answer an explosion was heard outside Freyda’s room.

Several thugs came in armed with heavy weapons.

“ah damnit it’s a trap that damn lunatic pinpointed my location when I answered him. great… doesn’t this madness ever end?”

With quick speed Freyda pulled out her rapiers and dispatched of all three thugs. Using her brutal speed and efficiency she toyed with them for several minutes before killing them slowly and painfully. After all three of them were killed, somebody was clapping.

Another figure came out of another room he was wearing an Omni-Tek uniform however no known insignia of what branch he was working for was shown on it.

“Well done mercenary. So I see you passed my Inspection.”

Freyda walked up to the Employee slowly with her bloody rapiers in her hands then began to speak while pointing her rapiers at the employee’s chest.

“You sent those thugs at me? Your either very suicidal or very stupid.”

Before saying anything further the Omni-Tek employee laughed.

“My dear lady that was just a test you see I had to make sure it was safe to speak to you. I have a proposition for you.”

Holstering her rapiers she brushed right past him ignoring him then spoke up as she left

“Sorry I don’t work for people that send assassins after me. If you try that again you will face a fate much worse then death. Besides I am waiting for my contact.”

Several things happened at once gunshots were heard and then a group of armed thugs came rushing towards Freyda.

“what the hell??!?!?!"

((yay another update was getting this part worked over anyways will try to update as much as I can with more this is far from over for now oh make no mistake when i get the next portion done there will be a lot of death hehe. like I also said in previous posts comments are appreciated and as I stated kind of new at this so please dont flame me to hell and back hehe.))

Interlude of despair (part 1)

It was a dark day for me… I had awoken from my tormented nightmares. I had decided to catch the news on this sad world…I had noticed the legion has been active. I also noticed a few people who had ties to them this didn’t concern me much…that was until I heard about “him” it was on the headlines… A warrant for his arrest… A Legion spy but again that wasn’t my concern…it was his words and those of others that echoed throughout my head.

That he can’t be found, that he can’t be caught, I have disillusioned many people over the years of hunting bounties… you cannot hide… you cannot run when I come its over. I was surprised nobody had taken an initiative to actively hunt this man down… I reached out to his soul and felt his guilt… his plan wouldn’t work worse he would become the very thing he hates.

This however is not my concern the fact that he thinks nobody can catch him is something I will disillusion him of… I feel your heartbeat… Your soul and the guilt that is consuming you…I am coming for you this isn’t a matter of a bounty anymore… this is a matter of how your going to die… the question is when?

I am coming for you Nulion…nothing will save you and nobody can stop me…

((hehe its been awhile since I updated things have been going on both in rl and plus I hit some major writer's block in any case this is just an interlude to give out an understanding of why Freyda hunts Nulion (and its not for the money like it usually is) hope you all like will add more as soon as I can))

Interlude of despair (part 2)

“Your leaving?”

“Yes”

“Why?”

“.....None of your goddamn business”

“But… but… you still have yet to finish the assignment I gave ya.”

I chuckle madly perhaps the trox fool didn’t understand… I am now a lost cause I wouldn’t tell him about my problems… these are MY problems nobody else’s and this fool didn’t understand…

“you don’t have to worry about the boots… and as for Zhere… consider the job done somebody beat me to it… and I would rather not say if you know what’s good for you, you will leave this business behind you.”

I broke ties with my client… I had to break ties with these clients… they were too… good my power was slowly turning on me… consuming me with the guilt of those I have murdered. It doesn’t matter anymore I have given up on fighting this power… maybe one day I will win… until then I will distance myself from any friends… I died a long time ago… I am merely a shadow… a shade of my former self.

I can still remember my bloody rapier that had pierced through Nulion’s heart… oh my sweet Nulion if you were just only a bit stronger…if only you could understand…I don’t do this out of spite. It’s in my nature to take a person’s core being of their existence. Sometimes I even leech souls… for each death I grow less and less human… perhaps there is somebody out there that can permanently end my life… but… I know I am not ready to die not yet.

My hunt is far from finished with you Nulion I will not stop until I have completed my objectives… if ANYBODY gets in my way to protect you I will not hesitate to kill them… no god can protect your feelings… your empathy your core being of existence… or even your mind this goes out to all those arrogant bastards that believe they are untouchable… their soul maybe cant be touched… but do NOT assume your unbreakable… that was “his” mistake and he will pay for it… wont you? Nulion?

Interlude of Despair part 3

so I now rest it was inevitable however the plan was to have my death staged by that bitch Tipha... provoking her by threatening her daughter made it all the more joyful for me I had told her not to hold back... I saw the look on her face as I died from her fiendish attacks. It was the look of pity HAH when I return there will be much suffering I will be one step closer to completing my objectives when I return...

I hunt you still Nulion... and since the legion thinks they can protect you they will be punished... I will infiltrate the legion it was my request to Tipha that I personally join the ranks... I only do it to hunt you Nulion to see you suffer HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I wonder how long you can keep your secrets or if you will survive with any sanity left after what I will be doing to you when I get back.

For now I rest... I feel the aftereffects of those mortal wounds that bitch Tipha inflicted but I took something precious from her rather two somethings... her hand which I said I would take from her body and... a piece of her soul did she really think I sucked away her blood when I was at her neck? pity? for me I guess but you legion followers I would expect to be more cold blooded... perhaps when I return I shall tell Lord Volcatius of the weaknesses of his followers for apparently they serve him but are weak... Nulion for his mind is weak and he hides a secret that could get him killed... Tipha because she still has family... family, friends both are a burden to a life of a killer doesnt anybody understand that?

I now begin my rest of dark nightmares as my body and soul are tormented I let Tipha believe the lie that I had died as well as everybody else... When I return I will cut ties with any current clients including The Hand even a crime syndicate has limits and joining the legion is probably one of them... I dont give a damn anymore about them or anybody else... only me and my prey... you can rest easy for now Nulion but when I return your suffering will become far more unimaginable then ever...

my rest begins and my nightmarish existence continues.. perhaps when or if the legion ever succeeds Lord Volcatius will grant my wish... divinity is a lie at least to me... eternity however is something I want very badly its something few wish for and perhaps I might get it... till then I rest in the sleep of nightmares and torment of my existence farewell Nulion... farewell Tipha... we will meet again... fate wills it.