Slowly I creep through the forest near the dry lake in the Longest Road. The cry of birds fill the air, mixed with the baying of Virulent Minibulls and the slow rumble of Ottous.
A guardian conductor to my right sends out an ominous beeping sound and up ahead I hear the sound of battle and two blue dots appear on my HUD integraded map. Still out of visual range due to heavy growth, but one seems to be busy destroying a tower while the other is patroling the area looking out for any would be defenders.
I check the info coming in from my various sensors, yes I'm still hidden and they suspect nothing. A moment passes, I have visual. Target is locked. I activate the quickuse program Flim Focus, a quick NCU overclock, and let lose the nano program Izgimmer's Gelid Caress giving away my position. The hapless soldier who is the target of the nano spins around at my appearance and is slammed right in the face by the full force of the deadly stream of nitrogenated air.
His reflexes are still good though, impressive. I quickly set my implants to a defensive stance, multiplying the efficiency of the passive nanoprograms running in them, in preparation of his retaliation.
A full auto burst hits me from his Perennium Beamer. A very brief shock of impact as only a small fraction of the blast penetrates my layers, a new Gelid Caress already preparing to unleash itself. Once again the poor soldier is hit by the icy blast, freezing parts of him almost solid. He must see that his body is about to give up and turns to flee, but the quick execution of Burden of Atlas takes care of that. Seeing himself cornered in the middle of the field, the rabbit turns to fight back with all that it has... Unfortunately that is far from enough to even begin to overcome the defensive programs running on full force in my body and soon another nuke hits his hapless body, now almost completely frozen.
A whimper escapes his lips as he realises that this is the end. Two seconds later only a pile of frosty shards lie melting where moments before stood a proud member of the Omni Tek strike force sent to destroy the notum mining facility here.

On my left I see one of my allies whipe blood from his fists as he stands above the bloody and battered corpse of a meta physicist... somehow I think I prefer the icy end.