Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camelot today GS1 - bugged T loot

Post Camelot today GS1 - bugged T loot

A day in Camelot, GS1, an effort all to waste

Today, Mayhem and myself went to Camelot, the task was (as always) to try to kill Tarasque. In the past we have had difficulties, both due to clanners and too many omnis competing for loot. Today seemed to be the golden opportunity, GS1 was empty. We took control of T room and had scouts/defensive players in box-room and the hallways.

Present at the raid were 12 Mayhemmers, all buffed up and rearing to go.

The kill went off without interference, Rypht and Taliesin showed and assisted us admirably. Still, killing Tara with only one dmg team takes time.
    After Tara was killed, I (as senior member of dmg team) went to loot. When the loot window opened I could see hood, tooth and skull. I loted skull and Zeil1 (NT, with points to bid on items) was to loot the hood. To his dismay the message "someone is already looting" came up.... and stayed there, relogging, swithching loot order...nothing worked.

/petition time.... 7 petitions ahead of you..

A few clanners made it through, Patk9 being one of them. She was killed, but not before I sent her a /tell explaining the situation and that we were waiting for an ARK to arrive.

Finally (15-20 minutes later) ARK Luinitari arrives, I told him the story, and he called for a GM. He also states that this is a known problem. We wait some more, present with me are 2/3 of my original team plus Rypht and Taliesin. Suddenly I saw Patk9 in front of me again, in wolf form, and the dmg messages started pouring in. I was unbuffed for combat and didnt expect it from her since I had already sent her a tell explaining the situation 10 minutes before she sent me and a guildmate to reclaim.

Patk9 and Beartwo had a discussion afterwards where she said she didnt know the situation and called off any further raids by her guild. To her credit, we were not attacked again.

The GM arrived, about 40-45 minutes after T had died. The body of T was still present, but disappeared shortly thereafter. Since T was gone he could not help me/us and can you guess what he told me?

.......we will look into this issue...........

Bottom line, loosing Tara loot to a damn bug su><, and by being a tad more prompt they could perhaps have solved this...
    Last edited by DocIceman; Aug 7th, 2002 at 21:14:13.

lol. it's not a bugs fault. you got tricked to believe it was a bug by one happy ninjalooter. it's a weakness in the system and it has been used to ninja tarasque for quite some time.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Nobody had the chance to ninja T. Was only me and Zeil close to the body.

It must have been an invisible and very patient ninja

We stood there for 45 minutes and noone, not even the ARK saw anything..
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

This has happened before. When it happened to us the corpse stuck around and the GM molested it for about half an hour before intentionally crashing Camelot (thus spawning a new Tarasque). He then nuked Tarasque (a little over 1.8m damage, but that was before he got beefed up) and we killed him again.
    Keldrys - General of Legion

That totaly sucks, and the attitude of FC on this case was... appaling has most of the time. Kudos to the other GM who respawnd tarasque, sorry you guys couldn't have a resourcefull GM this time to assist you :/
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

That really sucks
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I am sorry that it happend to you

But its just Funcom.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

It was ninjalooted. Plain and simple. The looter logged out while having loot window open, thus crashing the lootwindow into a permanent "somebody is already looting remains" cycle. Nothing magic about it.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

I just think its funny to read this, wish I was high lvl enough to attend these raids they seem helluva fun, I'm soon 125+ so I guess my time in soon weeeee

That sucks

Pat = Guy btw
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

guys...we had the same issue other day but it was with morgan...

to fix the problem the one looting zoned...and a few minutes later antigravity was able to loot the torure tool... we also made sure no one was anywhere near the body just to make sure...i am not sure if it is same bug you encountered but maybe it might work for you next time to try??

and that really does suck for you guys....i am sorry that happened to you ;(

maybe if you come back and fight again you win and she will get her hood

Gawd =( that issue really DO suck ;( happened alot of times?
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

I had the same problem in DIM3 and raised thread a big that support didnt want to help us. When they finally investigated this bug logfiles indicated that it was a ninja. the loot also didnt vanish for hours and the GM had to kill it immediatly. i guess there is a bug with tarasque when too many ppl click it the same time then the corpse wont vanish. Dont make the same fault i did and trust everyone who was there. i did the same and i was pretty stunned when they told me they checked the logs and someone ninja'ed it.

I suggest Cz to check also logs and when it got ninja'ed close this thread before it turns into a big flamewar. that's all what will happen.

I disagree to funcoms reimbursement policy but these things always tell me "It has be to this way."

Regards,
    Itburnz

Another impressive response from FC. Shame you lost your loot.

We need more fighting for T though. I used to die 3 or 4 times a raid, now it's hardly worth showing up for (hey i got MY hood )

Originally posted by Abid

We need more fighting for T though. I used to die 3 or 4 times a raid, now it's hardly worth showing up for (hey i got MY hood ) [/B]

Guess you can thank TC/MoK/Trinity for that !
    I sure as hell aint showing up there anymore after being told i wasnt in any raffle .... i am not gonna help them get their loot ... no way!

And after clans starting getting control again we hear them whine about no omni is helping them...?

LMAO

Drkinky

HAhahahahahaha, hadnt seen this post....AHahahahaha....

my face is strained from laughin,
    bastard :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast