Thread: More empty political rhetoric by those that oppose CoA...

More empty political rhetoric by those that oppose CoA...

Reading this trash that we seem to love to see published lately... http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...ws/articles/42

it strikes me that our so-called 'editors' have taken to publishing just about any unsubstantiated garbage for no other purpose than increasing their readership.

I'd like to point out that all the interviews with the main clans participating in CoA have indicated NOTHING of a military coup. Instead these interviews have indicated a desire for CoT to either stand up and do the job they were intended to do or to step down and let someone else lead. I see nothing to suggest that CoA is interested in anything other than Clans freely electing their leaders and demanding that current leaders either do their job or get the hell out.

Tomorrow CAS Commander Redruum will be giving a speech. Neither he nor his 2nd in command nor their personal bodyguards will be armed. He will TALK.

Hmmm...talking...is this what CoA opponents fear? Talking? Is this want CoA opponents wish to stop? Simple public outcry over the POOR job our current so-called leaders are doing? Seems that CoA opponents are the ones against freedom...freedom of free speach. Seems to me like CoT are the dictators, reluctant to either do their job or step aside...hell bent on staying in power despite the rising tide of a vote of no-confidence from those they pretend to lead.

And as for the Neutrals? These opponents of CoA would have you think that CoA is somehow against the neutral community. I'd remind you that I, an Advisor in CAS, am married to a neutral and have always been a major proponent of neutral rights. It is a CAS official policy not to, without provocation, kill neutral players, guards or NPCs. And we enforce this. To my knowledge NO CAS member has killed neutral guards so long as I have been in office, and each and ever CAS member knows that they would stand trial and very likely be removed from CAS if they did. CAS leadership also gives notice to major neutral guilds such as IR whenever we are conducting military operations in areas such as MMD. Nyadach of IR can vouch for this policy of CAS. How many of the opponents to CoA can say they have similar official policies and rules in their respective guilds?

No, I'm sorry fell Rubikans, this published trash is NOTHING but empty political rhetoric designed to maintain a status quo that has us forever at the whim and mercy of Omnitek. The Tir Accord was an abomination to the Clan and as to the neutrals it was nothing short of an insult. Today Omnitek views neutrals and their territory as Omni territory and subjects only. They have made this clear. To continue to support the CoT in their effort to fly off-planet on their own little 'personal discovery' vacations for months on end and not leave us with ANY leadership is unthinkable. The CoA has only one goal...to demand that this CoT dead-wood step aside and allow election of true leadership.

To the opponents of CoA I say you are nothing short of cowards and lackeys of a defunct leadership, the CoT. It is YOUR inaction that both leaves the Clans under the constant threat of Omni incurrsion and the Neutrals in a rapidly decaying situation where they can never truly govern themselves.

But isn't this some sort of player-run thing? I thought that the Redruum bit was some sort of role playing going on. Like the fine work the Mercury Dragons do.

Perhaps this was supposed to be in the Roleplaying Forum and got posted here by mistake?

Unfortunately, forcing the the CoT to dissolve would be an extremely bad move. Regardless of how negligent their lead may be, we need to stick with the structure in order to maintain a centralized Clan government in the eyes of Omni-Tek and the ICC.

While we support those who protest against the CoT inactivity, we don't agree with the formation of a new council; even if that council is only formed to motivate the CoT. Multiple "councils" of clan leaders give Omni-Tek fuel for any argument claiming the CoT is not leading the Clans properly, which would allow them to potentially dissolve the Tir Accord. This is a bad thing.

Those of you who support the CoA must remember that politics is a very dangerous game. Our real enemy is Omni-Tek and you must never do anything that gives them an advantage in our struggle.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

All's I see in the game are yellow application forms with the Omni-Tek logo and the Council of Truth logo. I pretty much follow the Neutral scene and it sounds to me like there's some roleplayers who want to hand in their Merit Boards or something?

This is all very confusing. Why is this on the Story forum? Did Ragnar say they are starting up a third faction? What the hell is going on here?

Damnit. I see references to this at the official site, but it looks like some thingy concocted by a handful of player guilds. This is so damn confusing. A post that appears like it should be in the Roleplaying forum that seems to be supported by references on the Story site referring to guilds that have exclusionary recruitment practices purporting to change the game for people not associated with them who are paying the same fee every month.

Maybe Ragnar will make an appearance and clear this up. It's very disconcerting.

This thread would probably be more appropriate on the Role-Playing forum, but occasionally, there is spill-over between the forums. That's all.

I think that player role-playing that can potentially impact the story usually makes it here. For example, this current movement for the CoA seeks to displace the CoT which would have story-wide ramifications. The role-playing forum is more focused on small, non-story player events and backgrounds.
    Last edited by Luxxan; Aug 7th, 2002 at 19:19:32.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

OK, OK...fine, I agree...I'll repost there...please pardon me?

Originally posted by Luxxan
    This thread would probably be more appropriate on the Role-Playing forum, but occasionally, there is spill-over between the forums. That's all.

I think that player role-playing that can potentially impact the story usually makes it here. For example, this current movement for the CoA seeks to displace the CoT which would have story-wide ramifications. The role-playing forum is more focused on small, non-story player events and backgrounds.

Well honestly, I think it's better here

I like the fact that I can see the "political" threads here and the "non-political" threads in Role-Playing. But I can see why it would be confusing if you read the description of the forum.

Actually, if you read -all- the forum descriptions, I guess it's most appropriate under Rubi-Ka 1 Organizations. Go figure!
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Just kinda confused. Even replied with my in-character beliefs over on the RP forum. If I know it's RP, I can reply in-character. If it's Storyline, then I can discuss how well FunCom is doing, whether it makes sense from a gameplay standpoint and generally be a critic of the Story.

If it's wishy washy as this issue was it just leads to a lot of antsy feelings. Sure, Snarf could say he was the Mayor of Tir. If he posted it in the Story forum, he'd get the same reaction. If he did it in the RP forum, people would play along.

Hell, the RP forum has been more interesting than the Story forum for months. At least we got a bit out of Radimun to ****e things up suddenly. See all the fodder he provided for your RP canons?

All he said was 'I'm back.' and you guys can start to working on your internal plots and mechanations. Two words.

I'm confused too...

but then I'm always confused...just ask my dear Cyani, she knows how confused I always am.

Still I moved it, since it was meant to be IC, to the RP forum. And now I'm OOC...or am I? Hmmm...Cyani, are you RP or RL? Oh never mind...we both know the answer to that and we're all that matters. *kisses dearest* Ummm...Bionitrous, don't know what to tell you... how about "yes"...errr..or "no"? And I'm the Mayor of Tir, everyone knows that! I just avoid the place 'cause everyone wants wrangles, WRANGLES, W-R-A-N-G-L-E-S....oh...that was before....now I'm just (OOC) Once-Was-A-Trader Nel...ummm...no that's IC...

I think I need a drink...

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Just kinda confused. Even replied with my in-character beliefs over on the RP forum. If I know it's RP, I can reply in-character. If it's Storyline, then I can discuss how well FunCom is doing, whether it makes sense from a gameplay standpoint and generally be a critic of the Story.

If it's wishy washy as this issue was it just leads to a lot of antsy feelings. Sure, Snarf could say he was the Mayor of Tir. If he posted it in the Story forum, he'd get the same reaction. If he did it in the RP forum, people would play along.

Hell, the RP forum has been more interesting than the Story forum for months. At least we got a bit out of Radimun to ****e things up suddenly. See all the fodder he provided for your RP canons?

All he said was 'I'm back.' and you guys can start to working on your internal plots and mechanations. Two words.