Thread: A Journey

A Journey

"A Journey" The Life of Milan Tikon Forejt

"I awake to another dreary day, as I open my eyes for the first time of that day, i can see nothing but the blackness that surronds me. I swivel my cold body around to sit on the side of the damp cold bed, placing my feet on the cold harsh floor so that I may awake properly from my disturbing sleep.
    As if by routine I take in a large deep morning breath, filling my lungs with the damp cold moisture that seems to fill my apartment, i can do nothing but shiver and sigh with the thought " what am I doing here".
    As I walk towards the Communication terminal in my apartment, i can feel the slime slithering in between my toes which covers the majority of the floor. I press the receive button on the communication terminal to check to see if I have any morning mail, but as usual there is nothing but a blank respone saying, "You have no mail!".
    I sigh as i turn around to walk to my closet, making sure that i walk slowly and controllably across the slimy slippery floor. I press the green backlit "open" button, which opens up my closet for me, as soon as the doors open I am hit with the musty smell of dust ridden clothes. I pull out my big heavy duty boots, which are covered in dust, they make a lound clunking noise as i drop them to the floor due to the mettle braces it has on them. I slowly pull out my long black trenchcoat, which is now old and aged, sliding my arms in slowly as the cold of the leather hits my body. I slump onto the bed to put on my heavy duty boots, strapping them up tightly to stop the harsh dust getiing into them.

I get up off of the bed after putting my boots on and walk to the door, pressing the open button of the large metal door, i can feel the warm rays of Rubi-ka's suns hitting my body inch by inch as the door slowly and cumborsly slides open.
    I take a step out into the light, shading my eyes with my right arm, to give my eyes time to adjust to the brightness. I breath in the fresh clean air, smelling a hint of sweet flowers as the warm air drifts slowly by. I uncontrollably smile, as this I know is the reason that keeps me going, waking up and stepping into the light and being able to smell the life that surronds me.

I finally get out of the run down dirty vicinity in which my apartment is situated, and step out into the city Of Newland. The fresh smell of cooked Bronto burgers fills the air, as I look over into the direction of Bronto burgers, i can see the hot steam rising into the sky from the airduct which spreads the smell of the nice warm burgers throughout Newland City. I walk down the ramp heading towards Bronto burger for my morning breakfast, excited by the feeling of the warm burger filling my aching stomach.
    I walk up to the booth which resembles the bronto animal to which the meet is derived from. I look at the attendant and smile, she smiles back as we are familiar with eachother as this is where i come for breakfast every morning. I have got to know Alyian quite well, she is a beutiful lady with short bobbed brown her, the most piercing green eyes and a small petit body. As every morning, which has become routine for us, she asks me if I would Like the usual. Today for some reason though i felt a bit different, you know that strange feeling you get to which you cant explain. So i kindly returned the reply "i Think ill have a malted coffee and a peice of red plum pie".
    She smiles at me softly handing me my morning breakfast. I pick up the shiny metal cup and I take a gulp of the warm sweet malted Coffee. I can feel the warmthness of the liquid running down my throat, as I take gulp after gulp of this warm sweet coffee. I pick up my slightly warmed peice of red plum pie, and let it slowly melt in my mouth, taking comfort from the sweet plums as they dance on my tastebuds.
    After finishing my breakfast, I say a kind thankyou to the Alyian as i put my seat back into the proper position. I now feel ready for the day ahead.

Up towards the west gate of Newland City is where my weapon locker is, that is my first stop of the day. I open up the highly secured locker by putting in my security code, as im doing this i can feel a heavy tap on my shoulder. I slowly turn around to see what fate awaits me. standing before me is a tall man wearing Omni-Pol issue armour, as i was just about to enquire into why he wanted me, he pulls out his I.D badge, before i could do anything he turns me around and pushes me into the locker terminal. My face pushed up against the hard surface of the locker, he says to me in an unfriendly voice " I am from Omni-Tek Police, i am placing you under arrest for the terrorist attack on the City Of Omni Trade". I deny my involvement in this attack, but he does not listen, I suddenly feel my hands beeing put into handcuffs, i can feel the the almighty grip of the officer as he closes the handcuffs tightly around my wrists.
    As i look around with the look of fright on my face, as i aswell as others know the fate of people being arrested. I look to the people of Newland City for help. but nobody moves or even dares to speak out against Omni-Pol not even the cities guards.
    There are five Omni-Pol police officers securing the area around me and the commanding officer. He grabs me roughly by the tight handcuffs and drags me towards the grid access terminal just outside of the west gate of Newland City. Just before the officers activate the grid terminal, i feel an almighty blow to my head, which knocks me out.

I awake in a small dark room with only a small blue light casting its small glow onto the room. My hands are still tightly bound by the Handcuffs and i can feel warm blood running down my face from my head injury. I can feel the pain running down my spine as i slowly try to move my head to take in my surroundings, but i am faced with more pain than I can bare. As i slump my head to try and ease the pain a sharp white light fills the room, i strain my eyes trying to evade them from the uncontrollable brightness. As my eyes adjust to the light I slowly raise my head, i look up and in front of me is a large glass paned window. Behind that window is two Omni-Tek scientists, i get the strange feeling that I know these people, but i cant recall where from. I glance slowly at the first Scientist, an average height man with brown hair, his face is haggard as if he had seen and done many things in his life time. As i absorb his face i get a familiar feeling runing through me. I turn to the Second Scientist to glance at her, she is a short woman with auburn hair and a soft gentle face, a face which is familiar to a child when it looks at its mother for the first time.
    I am puzzled by the notion of familiarity running through me, as i try to think hard and long to where i know these faces, I am interrupted by the soft gentle voice of the woman, as she uses the tannoy system to speak to me. She says "Welcome Tikon, I am Farnallah and this is Mortek, we are your perants!". I close my eyes with disbelief, as i try and take in what i have just heared. With the shock of this news and the head injury I have sustained i fall back unconscience.

As i start to stirr, from my long needed sleep, i can feel the warmth of these ever so soft blankets against my skin, a feeling in which i have not felt for a long time. I see a soft white light which lights up my surroundings, not harsh to the eyes but just light enough to see.
    I lay upon a soft matress, so soft that you could fall asleep for days and not be woke. This is a feeling of pleasure and comfort in which i have not been familiar with for a long time.
    As i lay there looking and taking in my surrondings, my door slowly opens. The warm smell of fresh toast fills the room as the small gentle woman brings in a tray of this fresh toast to me. She slowly puts the tray on the table besides the bed and gently sits on the bed next to me. In the softest voice, she says to me "goodmorning", and she places a small kiss upon my forehead. As i try to adjust to all of the feelings in which i am experiencing right now, a small uncontrollable salty tear runs down my face. This kind woman turns to me and says "Im glad to have you home my son". I can do nothing but pull my weary body close to her. she embraces me as i do her, and this feeling of warmth and love fills my whole body, a feeling to which i have never experienced before. The sweet soft smell of her perfume floats up my nose, giving me comfort and the feeling of security. I pull my head back reluctantly from the gentle embrace and I look into her eyes. i ask her with some hesitance as i am scared to know the truth, " what happend to me".

I would appreciate any feedback you have!

Thankyou
    Last edited by Tikon RIP 02-04; Aug 7th, 2002 at 17:56:31.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..