Thread: A day in the lab

A day in the lab

Everyone likes explosions, right? Wrong. That was how officer Virta felt when climbing out of the rubble that used to be their department's headquarters. Miraculously he was unhurt, apart from his hair which was still smouldering.

The black Omni-Pol elite armor was still black, but little out of shape, and the chestpiece had a dent which was pressing against his ribs. He removed the chestpiece and gasped for air. He was staring at the city plot which was now completely empty of buildings and completely quiet. He could see fellow officers soundlessly running around.

General Khuri come to stand before him, waving her arms and moving her lips. He could not hear a word, but nodded.

She placed a stim needle in his neck. There was a sting, and his ears began ringing. '*squee* ..ing now? Can you hear me Jimi?'

'Y-yes. Lo*hiccup*ud and clear. *hiccup*ank you.'

'We have been attacked. The headquarters, grid, and several other buildings have been destroyed. Are you ok?'

'Hiccup.'

Khuri raised an eyebrow. 'Are you drunk?'

'No! *hiccup*'

'Yes of course, it must be the shock. You are lucky to be alive.'

The moments before the explosion rushed back to Virta. He had been working on exteremely unstable solution, extracted from alien General remains. He had already added a drop of it into his manta's fuel tank, giving it a magnificent boost of speed to travel straight into a tree, all steering measures made ineffective. It had been full of promise.

He had a gallon of it placed on the laboratory table when he heard commotion outside. Then a series of explosions. The small tremors were just enough to make tiny ripples on the surface of the fuel container. Next thing he remembered, he was lying on the ground, with bricks raining down on him.

He stared at Khuri. They had been attacked. Officers were scrambled, reports were pouring into his comm channel. He sat down. Beads of cold sweat formed on his forehead as he realised what had happened. He vomited. It had been the fuel.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

wow !
    Last edited by DudeRasta; Jan 16th, 2006 at 16:40:26.

Wow.. well you know the saying. "Play with fire and you'll get burned."

Lookit this way Jimi-boy, least you got a hair cut out of it.

[Poor Omni-Pol.

But don't worry: we are collecting together the finest musical talent Clan Assembly has to offer, and will shortly be releasing a charity record to raise a few credits to buy you all some tents, or something.
    ]
    Last edited by Razmato; Jan 17th, 2006 at 05:07:47. Reason: making post clearly ooc

[Remember that 3rd person view stories are stories, guys, not necessarily the character pouring their heart out on public newschannels like this ]

( /me has a bursted bubble )

I had some irreplacable, very tasty sandwiches in the old HQ's bar. Allow me to warn anyone it may concern -- whoever turns out to be the true cause of this incident, he's in for a major piece of trouble! Nobody messes with my food and just walks off like that.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Stefano slowly tapped his hand on his desk, scanning the news on the grid-feeds, nothing of interest. When did anything interesting happen in this god forsaken planet? Soon enough, Stefano's eyes stopped,

Omni-Pol Attacked!

Stefano lightly chuckled, "Now who is trying to hurt my dear friends here? I won't have this.."
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

[[OOC
    Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    The moments before the explosion rushed back to Virta. He had been working on exteremely unstable solution, extracted from alien General remains. He had already added a drop of it into his manta's fuel tank, giving it a magnificent boost of speed to travel straight into a tree, all steering measures made ineffective. [I]It had been full of promise.[/U]
    Aahahahah, that was a good one, Virta! Seen the kids play at New Years?
    Full of promise indeed!
    /OOC]]

It was all over the gridfeeds, OmniPol taking it up the.. well, getting hit where it hurt. He found it intensely amusing that after all the hype about "protecting" Borealis they got it right at home.. Sweet irony..
    The downside being, of course, that it'd make it harder for him to go visit his many ommer friends, what with OP going nuts all over the place. He might even have minor difficulties now.. Ah well, as long as the local paranoids didn't hurt his friends he'd not interfere.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Hmm, SGHP350MRFEEN comes to mind...

Maybe, next time, let RUR handle any alien solution, they are used to things that go "BOOOOOM..."
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Glad to hear you're all right
    Best regards - Love Zinitta Zanth lvl 53 soldier

Summer
    Myzz Dream lvl 105 adventurer
    Meow
    Wyxxen Meow lvl 74 doc
    Love
    Myzzie Ye lvl 64 fixer
    Modesty
    PlayGirl Blaise lvl 19 engie

It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." (Seneca, 4 BC-65 AD)