Thread: Return of 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive'!

Exclamation Return of 'A Rubi-Ka Exclusive'!

Yes, it has been a while since I did some serious investigative reports. So I decided to start today with The current state of The Council of Truth.

I had the priviledge of interviewing five clan leaders, all with seats in the CoT. One is even a member of the Clerical Staff.

The report reveals some interesting, and sometimes disturbing comments describing the council, it's effort, present and future.

I asked them about different subjects, from the state of the council, it's action (and sometimes inaction) to the relation between the Redeemed and the Knights of Avalon among them.

Feel free to post and share your views on the report.

Well, I'll be. It's so very heartening to see how well some think of some in terms of individuality.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Seems like i'm the only one not forming her own group against the council.

When it all boils down to yes and no, right and wrong... the clans need to unify. Starting your own little secret organization is not the way..unless it is solely for the purpose of furthering the clan cause, not YOUR OWN.

Noticiero, you're putting a lot of faith in someone who just pretty much said, I think this way and it should be this way. I'm starting my own group because of it.

The Clan cause goes beyond your own petty feelings and beliefs. The Clan cause is freedom, not stabbing someone in the back and going to go play by yourself because things don't go your way.

The Council is freedom because I believe it. ..not because i'm starting a new council to fight the old, not because in my own way, i'm doing what I can to see that the Clans have the ability to be free and certainly not because i'm looking to gain from it.

One of the principle reasons the CoA was founded becuase the ordinary clan leader couldn't get thier clan's voice heard at in the old CoT. It was about representation more than whether the old CoT was effective or not. That clearly isn't the case anymore. Every clan that wishes can now take part in the Council, and indeed, is encouraged to do so.

As to the calls of the current system being inefectual, perhaps it is somewhat. But then again, how many Clan leaders are going to give up thier authrority to someone or some entity? May as well be Omni if they are willing to give up thier positions. The CoT is a non-binding forum for discussion, for Clan unity. No one is forced to comply with CoT declarations.

The ONLY power the CoT has is that which is willingly given by it's member clans. The more the member clans give in sweat, treasure, and blood, the more effective the CoT becomes. But just one or two clans willing to do thier part won't change things. Don't blame the Council, blame the leaders of the Clans that don't care and refuse to make a contribution for the common good. No new Council be it Ares or something else will make a difference for long if people aren't willing to WORK and work TOGETHER.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Jan 21st, 2006 at 16:29:13.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I have heard of bad reporting before but never to this extreme.. when you want to make news.. at least report the facts.. you have not only misconstrued my words but your edits are rediculous... based on your report you might as well say I just signed a OT app and said good by to the ones I love. I no longer will listen to any of your reports as seeing how you have made the words we shared seem ludicrous at best.

You left out the part where I praised Sir Tristram for being such a word of reason on the council.. or how about when he took time out of his busy schedule to spend with my young clan... or maybe the part where I said he lets my clan use Camelot Castle as our meeting place... instead you fabricated a bunch of haneous accusations and insults to the very same person I have sworn my alleigence to.. I just hope that even those who support the Sentinels know me well enough to know better than to believe the lies and bs you have written here.. Next time you want to interview a clanner I hope that they are not as gullable as I to give you something to start from to write the news to seem how ever you want.. more than half of what you have posted there in our interview never was said or happened yet you report it as truth? Who paid you to try to slander my reputation this way.... Bravo... OT traitor.
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 21st, 2006 at 18:45:38.

"Well now, what d'we have here?"

Cord had been impressed with the reactions so far (his own snarky one notwithstanding), but the most recent one simply left him stunned. Once his wits caught up with him again, he glanced at his comlink and sent a message to a certain Steelyglint, all the while muttering to himself. When that was done he sat down and lit a cigarette, fuming considerably more than the cigarette. Just what the devil was going on?

He hadn't heard from Jen that any of her interview was misquoted. Nor had he heard anyone else make the same comments, and he certainly would have expected at least the two bureaucrats to have done so. Icata in whatever manner she reacted to things (he didn't know the woman - he expected something rather cold) and Mr. Brown with his usual affable, roguish charm that had a finality to it. He couldn't say about the Rising Phoenix guy, considering he barely saw any of them.

While he mused about this, he picked a pebble from the sole of his boot and read through the article again, and came to the predictable conclusion that these were going to be very interesting times indeed. He looked forward to hearing what the reporter had to say to this.
    Last edited by Ragunn; Jan 21st, 2006 at 22:28:23. Reason: [b4d gramm3r]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

I just found out about a 500m bounty put on my head today.. Someone wants to see my demise.. I am the youngest and lest established member of the interviewies.. and the obvious choice to take advantage of.. After all, misquoting one of the others could be considered rediculously dangerous... I am just we lil keeper trying to be a good Knight.. based on what I read.. I am a psycho plotting bitch out to over throw the very same Council I sit on.. Someone has an agenda.. and revitalizing the CoA seems to be on the top of it.. I wasn't even alive during its time.. and know only what those who were have told me.

[Angel14]: heya wanna PvP?
    To [Angel14]: thats such a sweet offer
    [Angel14]: yer worth money mate
    To [Angel14]: but I am a little tied up atm
    [Angel14]: aww common PvP my little omni ass
    To [Angel14]: ^_^
    To [Angel14]: so I hear.. 100m? thats it?
    To [Angel14]: bah...
    To [Angel14]: problem is.. you would have to defeat my champions to ever see me
    To [Angel14]: and that just aint enough trust me
    To [Angel14]: you should ask for more
    [Angel14]: hehehe
    To [Angel14]: I feel sorry for anyone who tries to collect that bounty
    To [Angel14]: seriously
    To [Angel14]: its the 4th time I have bad a bounty on me
    To [Angel14]: and not one has been collected
    [Angel14]: your worth 500 mil now:P
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 21st, 2006 at 19:46:19.

I am sure the my words will not carry weight to those inclined believe the interview yet I am driven to speak out.

After reading the log of the interview between that .... reporter.... and Lady Xaun I had to restrain my self from commiting violence. Given the fact that I know her very well I can tell that her words had been heavily edited and far out of charecter for her. For one, I have never known her to brag about her conections to people and it came across as arogant, another thing that she is not.

There are several other minor points that clued me into the fact that this was not what she said, but they come from spending a great deal of time in her company and are fairly much impossable to put into effective words.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Exclamation

My reputation as a Reporter since 29477 has been quite clean, and I've never misquoted anyone. Of course denial of something Lady Xaun did not want to be publish...was expected. She should have been wiser, after all why say something to a reporter and then expect such person to EDIT an interview to cover for her?

Here is the unedited log (in 2 parts due to large size):

[Tell Messages] To [Xaun]: Hello Lady Xaun
    [Tell Messages] Xaun: greetings and salutations
    [Tell Messages] To [Xaun]: I'm Reporter Noticiero Rivera
    [IRRK News Wire] Announce: IRRK News Flash: IRRK: Announcement by the Mayor of Newland City
    [Tell Messages] To [Xaun]: If you have a few minutes, I'd like to meet with you.
    [Tell Messages] Xaun: Sure
    [Tell Messages] Xaun: do you have access to plaze?
    [Tell Messages] Xaun: Plaza in Jobe
    [Tell Messages] To [Xaun]: Yes I do
    [System] Changing area. Please wait.
    [System] Entering 'Athen West'
    [Tell Messages] Xaun: Then meet me at the Lux entrance... ring when you arrive
    [Tell Messages] To [Xaun]: Very well
    [Tell Messages] Xaun: see you shortly
    [System] Entering 'Old Athen'
    [System] Entering 'Jobe Platform'
    [System] Entering 'the Plaza'
    [Tell Messages] To [Xaun]: I'm at the door
    [Tell Messages] Xaun: brt
    [System] Joining team.
    [System] Xaun joined your team.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Welcome to my humble abode
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Come on in
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Thank you
    [System] Entering 'Jobe Apartment'
    [System] Team side is clan.
    [System] Xaun left your team.
    [System] You are no longer in a team.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: please have a seat
    [Vicinity] Xaun: may I get you something to drink?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Hmm, nice. Similiar to Ms. Tussa's apartment.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: smiles
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: No thanks, just had some tea before.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I grow my own tea
    [Vicinity] Xaun: on my balcony
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I have a rare blend of herbs and ****es I brew to my own selection of tastes
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Noticiero
    [Vicinity] Xaun: This is Vinshia
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Bodyguard?
    [Vicinity] Vinshia: Hello
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Close friend
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Ah
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Nice to meet you.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I feel no need for body guards in my home
    [Vicinity] Vinshia: nice to me you too
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I have the type of security system that would make Alan Jacobi feel safe
    [Vicinity] Xaun: giggles
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I'm interviewing a few people, looking for comments on the current state of the Council of Truth.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Oh my you want me to start to rant eh?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: You are free to do so, your house.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Ok then ask away
    [Vicinity] Xaun: what particularly are you inquiring about
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: There are some who think the council argues more with itself than get any kind of positive results.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: tries to not burst out in a laugh to rock the walls
    [Vicinity] Xaun: umm
    [Vicinity] Xaun: is that a retorical question?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: My opinion is as follows
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Aliens everywhere, Omni-Tek's Unicorn pretty much able to go anywhere, including clan territory, etc.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: As you may know, I am probably the single most adament and loyal Knight factionally aligned leader there is or has been for quite some time
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I belief firmly on the rights of humans
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I belief that evil comes in all factions
    [Vicinity] Xaun: *believe x3
    [Vicinity] Xaun: x2
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: nods
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [crap phone what horrible timing one minute I appologizse]
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: (np)
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [god I am sorry I am still on the phone.. its really important]
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [almost done
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: (kk)
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [kk done I am so sorry about that... but I don't get many calls at 5:30am
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [kinda important one.. friend had a crisis.. need my advice]
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: (sure)
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [pregnant...]
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [you know that type of conversation.. omg.. I think I am pregnant what do I do.. do I tell him.. do I go get an abortion...omg.. cry.. cry.. talk talk... its gonna be ok.. etc..]
    [Vicinity] Xaun: [now let me recheck where I was... then I will continue]\
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Ok as I was sayig
    [Vicinity] Xaun: *saying
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: nods
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I have felt that the CoT is at best.. an method endorsed by Omni Tek to keep the free thinkers of this planet at odds with each other
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Take the "factions"
    [Vicinity] Xaun: each has merit
    [Vicinity] Xaun: each has ideals which are good and true
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I chose to side with the Knights whole heartidly due to the amount of honor.. truth and morality they support.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: But.. the lack of action...
    [Vicinity] Xaun: the lack of real support..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Then take the Sentinels
    [Vicinity] Xaun: They think as much as a rodent
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but are all about action
    [Vicinity] Xaun: just scurry in and out and cause as much damage as possible to anyone who gets in the way.. OT, Neutral or Clan
    [Vicinity] Xaun: they don't really care
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Let me ask you a question..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: if you had to pick a faction as a clan leaeder..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: which would you pick
    [Vicinity] Xaun: and why?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: listens as she goes to get herself a drink
    [Vicinity] Xaun: opens her fridge and get out a freshly brewed cup of green tea with 3 herbs
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Hmm
    [Vicinity] Xaun: sips her tea
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: As a reporter, I cannot answer that.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I knew you would reply as such
    [Vicinity] Xaun: off the record
    [Vicinity] Xaun: can you name one faction worth following?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: truely
    [Vicinity] Xaun: makes one of those faces
    [Vicinity] Xaun: You can't
    [Vicinity] Xaun: you know why
    [Vicinity] Xaun: they are all bickering little children
    [Vicinity] Xaun: each has good points
    [Vicinity] Xaun: each has points worth hating
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but tell me does Omni or Neutrals offer a better option?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: no
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I believe it is high time to start a new revolution
    [Vicinity] Xaun: The Anarch Movement
    [Vicinity] Xaun: its coming
    [Vicinity] Xaun: when
    [Vicinity] Xaun: where
    [Vicinity] Xaun: who
    [Vicinity] Xaun: thats a matter of time
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: So you think the CoT will fall?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Tell me
    [Vicinity] Xaun: what have they accomplished
    [Vicinity] Xaun: you know I am the "head" of the Ross assassination investigation
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I extracted data from the Foremans office
    [Vicinity] Xaun: per the CoT's request
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I turned over the data for decryption and analyzation
    [Vicinity] Xaun: and guess what results I have recieved?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: None?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: not one mother loving word
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: How long has it been since you handed in the data?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: The information I collected clearly pointed toward the Unicorns as the culprits in the assasination plot in coohorts with Omni-Med
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I handed in the data at least 4-5 months ago
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: That is quite a long time...
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Do you suspect a coverup?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I have to this day recieved not one confirmation or rejection of the obviously poinent data
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I am not just a "member" of the CoT
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I have close ties all the way up
    [Vicinity] Xaun: someone..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: somewhere
    [Vicinity] Xaun: is covering something up
    [Vicinity] Xaun: someone has been bought off
    [Vicinity] Xaun: someone has turned
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Within the council?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: there is no reason nor excuse for such blatant lack of results by the CoT
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Do I wish to attempt to impicate person or persons in such a situation
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I know for a fact that the Clans had nothing to do with the plot
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I would have been informed
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: But you suspect someone, or some people?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I know that someone is doing their best to keep the data from being released
    [Vicinity] Xaun: can you imagine it
    [Vicinity] Xaun: A report is released.. Omni-tek boss Ross is assassinated by the Unicorns special operatives
    [Vicinity] Xaun: that would go over really well right?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: someone had to be bought off
    [Vicinity] Xaun: the data I collected was clear to me
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: With evidence, something they probably would not be able to recover from.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I turned it in and its gone
    [Vicinity] Xaun: never to be seen or heard of again
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I collected the very same evidence that is now awol
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I could go tell everyone I meet what I found
    [Vicinity] Xaun: no one would believe me
    [Vicinity] Xaun: its not "official" enough
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: And I must correct, attempted assasination, Mr. Ross is alive, in stable condition but not able to move from his bed due to the condition of his body and the virus in it.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: its not said by... Alan, or Simon, Or any of the other lazy ass legacy leaders whom spend 1 day on world a month if you are lucky
    [Vicinity] Xaun: you can say attempted all you want
    [Vicinity] Xaun: how do you assassinate someone with reclaim tech..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I mean Ross hated it
    [Vicinity] Xaun: would not let himself be copied
    [Vicinity] Xaun: out of paranoia
    [Vicinity] Xaun: someone replacing him with a clone
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but he was copied
    [Vicinity] Xaun: and everyone knows it
    [Vicinity] Xaun: just unoffially
    [Vicinity] Xaun: now he lies "unconscience" in a bed
    [Vicinity] Xaun: if he ever did recover
    [Vicinity] Xaun: would he really be him?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: he has been out of the public eye for so long would any one know?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: There was a rumor I did hear...that someone was planning on the reformation of the Council of Ares...overthrow the CoT and begin a new era for the clans...
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Where did you hear that?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: oh wait
    [Vicinity] Xaun: let me guess
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: In the Happy Rebel
    [Vicinity] Xaun: a reporters sources are a secret
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I can tell you this
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I overheard a few people talking...
    [Vicinity] Xaun: raises an eyebrow
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I would not print any such things.. it could endanger your life and reclaim status
    [Vicinity] Xaun: you are a clanner
    [Vicinity] Xaun: something is amis
    [Vicinity] Xaun: and you don't want to be a casualty
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Are you...confirming tha the CoA does exist?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I truely appreciate your motivations
    [Vicinity] Xaun: no it is dead
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but something else is coming
    [Vicinity] Xaun: something no one has ever seen or heard of in the history of this planet
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Something that makes CoA a joke in comparison
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I will only say one word
    [Vicinity] Xaun: do not quote me on it..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Anarch
    [Vicinity] Xaun: The final Faction
    [Vicinity] Xaun: something no one has ever seen before.
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: That would be...impressive...the CoA had the support of the population...and it affected the CoT more than they admitted back then, the old council that is.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: do your sluething if you must
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Some even say the CoA was the cause of the old CoT's fall.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but do not report what I just said
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I know for a fact is was
    [Vicinity] Xaun: CoA overthrew the old CoT
    [Vicinity] Xaun: out of its ashes a new CoT was formed
    [Vicinity] Xaun: the woman I love more than life itself was a primal figure in the Coa
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Hmm....
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: All the CoA leaders were...men.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: leaders are pawns to those who really call the shots
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Unless...there was more clans than the CoA openly addmited they had.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I can not speculate on such things
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Off the record.. you know who Cathern is right?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I guess overall you are unhappy with the current CoT, and rather have...other things lead the clans to the a better future?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Vixentrox?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: nods
    [Vicinity] Xaun: The one and only
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: She was against the CoA
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: At least in public
    [Vicinity] Xaun: you need to do more home work
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Hmm...
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Becareful my friend
    [Vicinity] Xaun: you are treading on very dangerous grounds in your investigation
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I will support it
    [Vicinity] Xaun: because I believe in it
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but, it is a dangerous game you are playing
    [Vicinity] Xaun: a month maybe two from now
    [Vicinity] Xaun: might be different
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: If you feel this way, why remain in the council you despise?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: smirks
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I see...work from within.

Exclamation

[Vicinity] Xaun: I am not working against the council
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I am just fed up with the stagnant bearocrats... no offense.. whom are quite happy with the current situation and lack any real gumption to finsih this
    [Vicinity] Xaun: If you saw a child in the street.. about to be run over by a yalm.. would you ask.. is that a clanner or a neutral or omni?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: or would you just do your best to save the childs life?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I would save the child of course.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Then you and I are of the same view
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I chose to support the Knights of Avalon because this type of moral is echoed
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but they lack any motivation to right any injustice that is not in the Shadowlands
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I am a keeper
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I live in the Shadowlands
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but this war is done
    [Vicinity] Xaun: we have won
    [Vicinity] Xaun: we daily push farther in
    [Vicinity] Xaun: its time for the Knights to wake up and do something
    [Vicinity] Xaun: or else...
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: The Knights are conservative...but your views are far from it.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I believe in a combination of all factions
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I must say, you sound like...Silverstone.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I believe in Gaia's salvation of the planet
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I believe that evil wears no faction
    [Vicinity] Xaun: nor tag
    [Vicinity] Xaun: nor clan
    [Vicinity] Xaun: nor org
    [Vicinity] Xaun: No.. Silverstone wants to over throw omni
    [IRRK News Wire] Announce: IRRK News Flash: OTPC: Missing persons trend concerns authorities.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Silverstone wants to kill without remorse because his family was murdered
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I hate killing
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: And what do you want Lady Xaun? save the world?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: In a matter of speaking... perhaps.. but that is a fools quest
    [Vicinity] Xaun: one I am not foolish enough to embark on
    [Vicinity] Xaun: However.. waking people up..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: now thats fun
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I am as loyal of a clanner you will meet
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: It would depend on how you wake them up.
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: With a shout, or a gun to their heads.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: The Aethyr Alliance goes to the defense of numerous Clans
    [Vicinity] Xaun: daily
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but yet.. we can sit in a bar and have a pleasant time dancing and enjoying life with other fellow humanoids caught in the fray
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Would you chastise me for having friends in Omni?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: or the Neutrals?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: A sentinel
    [Vicinity] Xaun: would
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Silverstone would have my head on a stake if he could
    [Vicinity] Xaun: just for fraternizeing with the Enemy
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Perhaps, but he has yet to do something that foolish, he would lose support.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: But.. let me quote something for you
    [Vicinity] Xaun: searches through her logs and conduct codes
    [Vicinity] Xaun: Lord Galahad may as well have Tristram on his lap and be speaking as a ventriloquist for the commitment the Knight has openly to his Lord’s agenda. Galahad wants the Clans united as a cohesive body in order to fight off the Unredeemed and Omni-Tek threats. The inner squabbling must stop in order for everyone to see the truth and the plight of the redeemed should be come paramount.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: bnt the big one
    [Vicinity] Xaun: The Knights of Avalon Politics: Conservative decisionmaking. Undecided in omni/clan conflict
    [Vicinity] Xaun: undecided
    [Vicinity] Xaun: do you know why?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: tell me... are all clanners good?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: are all omni employees evil?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I can't say they are.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: correct
    [Vicinity] Xaun: So when I say..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I defend the innocent.. and vanquish the evil..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: does that mean I protect clanners and kill omni?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: shrugs
    [Vicinity] Xaun: It means that evil is evil and good is good
    [Vicinity] Xaun: and there is a spot of evil in all good and a spot of good in all evil
    [Vicinity] Xaun: else niether could exist
    [Vicinity] Xaun: pure evil would destroy itself and be not a burden to anyone else
    [Vicinity] Xaun: good would be so boring no one would want to be a part of it
    [Vicinity] Xaun: hence the yin/yang
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I think the concept would be..ying and yang, a balance of light and dark
    [Vicinity] Xaun: exactly
    [Vicinity] Xaun: So.. Is the council working?
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: So Omni-Tek is a necessary evil?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: is it going to solve anything
    [Vicinity] Xaun: is omni going to win
    [Vicinity] Xaun: is clans going to win
    [Vicinity] Xaun: why
    [Vicinity] Xaun: cause there is too much at stake to let anything change
    [Vicinity] Xaun: tell me.. what old fart at the top wants to let go of their own stake... their own claim
    [Vicinity] Xaun: be it OT, Clan, Neut
    [Vicinity] Xaun: everyone has grown complacent
    [Vicinity] Xaun: for every tower one faction takes another is lost
    [Vicinity] Xaun: and so we go round and round
    [Vicinity] Xaun: while those at the top get richer
    [Vicinity] Xaun: cause we sell this ore off world for bare bones prices
    [Vicinity] Xaun: its not rare
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: In short, you have lost faith in the CoT. And are either in support or will be a part of...a coming change?
    [Vicinity] Xaun: there are more mines than people
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I am sorry.. but I am never short on words of philosophies..
    [Vicinity] Xaun: something is coming
    [Vicinity] Xaun: what
    [Vicinity] Xaun: when
    [Vicinity] Xaun: who
    [Vicinity] Xaun: and if
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I am involved I don't know
    [Vicinity] Xaun: but I can smell it
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: I see.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: like a wounded animal which needs to be put down
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Thank you for your time Lady Xaun.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: you are most welcome
    [Vicinity] Xaun: thank you for your time
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Your security system is good.
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: For those who are trying to get in.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: I Have a personal grid
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: But for those trying to leave...not as secure.
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: Good day to you.
    [Vicinity] Xaun: if you care to use the pgrid
    [Vicinity] Xaun: its just around the corner
    [Vicinity] Noticiero: grtins
    [System] Entering 'The Garden of Gilthar'

Now please point out where I have misquoted, misrepresented or changed the interview in any way (grammar corrections not included).

Just because someone is kind to their friends, doesn't mean she can't be an agressive person on other levels or with other people.

I see you cannot come clean. -sighs- I should expect nothing less from someone trying to kill the CoT. You kept putting words in my mouth during the interview talking about the CoA over and over.. I just did not realize you really are going to take it so far out of conxtex and then some. I don't know all of your motivations.. but I do know you goals are now out in the open. We will be discussing your "movement to rebuild the CoA" at great length. You should have known this was coming. Enjoy reaping the whirlwind.

500 million!? who the hell did you piss off?

Ever thoughtabout getting one of your mate to go 50/50 with ya Xaun? reclaim an' all. and of course a fool and his money are easly seperated.

Exclamation

Hah!

Now you are indeed a comedian Lady Xaun. Many clan leaders who know of my work, know that I would never start any military or political group. For years me and a certain Commander have argued over the limits of a military group is and where their duty to the civilian population lies.

My 'movement to rebuild the CoA'...how obvious is your attempt to cover your own...rear end. A very poor cover up to save face now that your true feelings and intentions about the CoT are out in the open, for all the rest of the council to read.

I was a neutral for a long time before joining the clans, this you can ask some of the older clan leaders yourself Lady Xaun. It took my time to see which of all 3 factions was the most truthful since all claim to be the right side for peace and prosperity.

You hint that I deceive you saying you were "gullable", yet of 25+ interviews I've done over the years, I'm yet to recall anyone claiming I have put words in their mouth, or added any false statements in their behalf.

You are the first, and only to ever claim that an interview was false in any way.

I had a lead, a rumor I heard, and you were not the only one who I spoke about this specific topic, I asked other leaders. However you were the only one out of five leaders to claim the interview was misconstrued and edited to remove statements you made.

The only edit I made, was removing anything which was NOT said by you or me, for the exception of your friend Vinshia who was in your apartment and of course to correct some basic grammar.

You can deny the interview until the end of time, but I stand by it. I know I was there, I know what you said, and I did not change the interview.

It is more likely you realized that the council would read the report and you would lose trust within the CoT. You actually (and foolishly) said during the interview "do not quote me on it..", did you really think I would remove anything from an interview to cover for you just that *I* would know something others don't?

A reporter digs for the truth, most of the time through 'dirty laundry', politics and lies.

I only published what came out of your mouth, if you didn't want the world to know about it, you could have just said 'no comment' or ended the interview if you felt it was some sort of a 'trap'...but it wasn't, neither did it feel like it to you.

Let me remind you the some of the parting words at the end of the interview:

Xaun: thank you for your time
    And on that note, I will say. Your welcome, now if you want some damage control feel free to contact me for a follow-up interview or look for another reporter to publish 'your side' of what happened.

Meanwhile, I would advise you keep your empty threats to yourself. I've faced Silverstone in Tir while I was a neutral, so you cause me no concern for my safety Lady Xaun.

Have a good day.

Alerted to the grid feed by a quick comm from Ragunn, The Black Company leftenant slowly read over the artical and it's subsequent replies.

"Secret councils, usual anti sentinal crap that one expects, blah blah blah, what a load of rubbish", he muttered scratching his head.

He mumbled to himself as he fired off a quick reply to his fellow adventurer from Assembly. "The council is only as effective as we the members choose to make it, Love it or hate it as u may. It will only ever work for you if u choose to work for it. Democracy is always a painful process, more so when it is in it's infancy such as our council is. I will always have faith that it will prevail"

The Leftenant quickly spell checked his reply to Ragunn and sent it. Then wrote himself a reminder to ask a certain person in the council some highly pointed questions.

Looking around at the empty penumbra snow plain, he got his bearings, morphed into parrot form and flew for the garden enterance., He felt it would be wise to return to Rubi-ka and reorganise The Black Company's intelligance assets from the shambles they had been left in due to lack of any signifigant communications from so called "Partners".

Leftenant Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai.

General of The Black Company.

[Bushrat]: talk about being half asleep just jumped the wrong grid and landed in rome
    [Bushrat]: needless to say i woke up in SL

Kinda funny that after I get interviewed by you all about the CoA and then find out your someones lap dog by several close friends and his desire to restart the CoA. It is easy to attempt to use your own history and credibility over mine. You can ask anyone about how outspoken I am. But good god.. I am outspoken about not killing neutrals in Tir. I have never and would not ever insult Sir Tristram. That was your biggest fault in dealing a death blow to your credibility as a journalist. As I see it now you have crafted for yourself a very good scheme. By putting "Don't quote me" you have actually done a good job of making this almost seem genuine. But even my enemies would not believe such rubbish. You have used your status well in a carefully calculated risk:

Windguaerd
    Gridforum Stratego

The day of reckoning approaches
    « on: December 11, 2005, 01:45 » http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...lish/quote.gif Soon I shall have my revenge, and those who wronged me and my dragons will see the true power of enlightenment...soon I shall reach it, and with it a new chapter of history will begin...written with the blood of my enemies...

Darkest night, or brightest day...it will rise once again to roar across the deserts...and fly above the vulture's nest...

Open your eyes...the sleeper must awaken...

Exclamation

It is even more comical now, that you mention the Commander, because I have argued with him FOR YEARS about military actions and the limits that should be to avoid civil war or out right genocide. His views were (at least before he became 'enlightened') strict, and he rarely gave way to my opinions, and more than once he has threatened me with bodily harm.

You did a well timed quote from Mr. Windguaerd's post in the CoT forums, however I must point out that his warning 5 weeks ago was to his enemies, and unless you were foolish enough to make yourself an enemy of his you and the rest of the clans are not in any danger. I also see a lack of any mention of any call to arms, reformation of CoA, or even any threat or insult toward the CoT or it's representatives.

I will also point out that Mr. Windguaerd made a post on the same thread you quoted from, a more recent statement from him.

Enlightenment truly does change a man, if he allows himself to see the light that the Redeemed offer you.

In my case...first I fought it, thinking the light was...well, the next life. I thought death was coming for me, and I refused to give in. However something within told me...it was something else, and I began to give way...to the light. It engulfed me and for what it seemed an eternity it was...around me, in me...everywhere. I felt at peace for the first time in a long, long time.

I let go of my hate of those who wronged me, the people who killed my father, the ones who betrayed me and my clan. But what was the hardest thing to give up, was my guilt.

Guilt which I had felt, thinking I had failed as a leader, as a clanner and as a man for allowing things to go badly. It was in this moment that I saw that it was not my fault, things were not in my control.

And just as the light came, it slowly vanished...and I could feel myself being linked to The Source. I'm yet to fully understand it, but I guess it is the first step of enlightenment.

What seemed to me to be hours...was only seconds, as when it was all over, the team I was with was still congratulating me on my achievement.

I guess, things didn't go the way I expected, but you adapt, you learn, and you grow.

Once again, a dragon is reborn.
    I'm not defending his stand, just clarifying public statements which you're using to undermine the interview which you are so desperately trying to deny to save your reputation.

It would have been wiser of you to try and either apologize for the statements you made during the interview, or even claim you were under the influence of stims or alcohol rather than just deny what you said to me face to face and accuse me of manipulating and editing the interview.

The more false and outrageous (and also comical) accusations you throw at me, the more you validate the veracity of the interview in your desperate attempts to turn it into some ultra secret conspiracy theory while throwing empty threats at me.

"But even my enemies would not believe such rubbish. You have used your status well in a carefully calculated risk"

Your enemies? would you mind telling me who these enemies are, and from which faction so I can ask them about you?

As for using my 'status', I never have gained any priviledges or gotten paid for an interview before hand. I go out there, dig for a good story, and then offer my work as a freelancer to publications. Sometimes they like the work and publish it, sometimes they don't and never sees the light of day.

I'm a clanner by my own personal choice, but I will interview anyone from any faction as well as investigate any faction regarding any subject I consider newsworthy.

I won't protect anyone's 'reputation' just because they ask me too. If you did not want your personal views out in the public eye...you shouldn't have spoken to me then.

Like I stated before, you can deny the interview until the end of time, but I stand by it.

If you have a problem with Mr. Windguaerd, I suggest you take it up with him. It appears he may not kill you on sight since his 'enlightenment', which is very lucky for you, his old self would have certainly taken your accusations seriously, which would have lead to a very unfortunate end on your part.

I will be kind, and tell you that for future reference, hire a crat for Public Relations and have him/her present during an interview with you, perhaps to cover your mouth just in time before you put your foot in it.

Have a nice day Lady Xaun.

I am glad you find your lies comical.. I find them disturbing.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun
    I am glad you find your lies comical.. I find them disturbing.
    Your feeble attempt to turn my words will fail on anyone with an ounce of intelligence. I clearly said that the comedian in this situation is you Lady Xaun, trying to desperately save what is left of your reputation which was tainted by your own words and personal views.

What you should find disturbing, are your own actions. The interview showed your true self, then instead of trying to do some damage control...you pour a gallon of fuel on the fire you're trying to put out.

I was only looking for the comments and thoughts of clan leaders regarding the CoT, you provided more than that on your own. I was considering digging for some more facts about you, however I think the current situation wouldn't make it worth the effort.

I have a feeling that your actions have attracted the eyes of other council representatives, and they will be the ones looking into your character.

As for the imaginary "500m bounty put on my head", I doubt anyone would put that amount on your head...or half of Rubi-Ka would be hunting you; however I've seen you walk the streets of Old Athen without a care in the world, without any bodyguards and in plain sight. For someone who is fearing for her life, you seem to be without any concerns about being assasinated.

Could it be perhaps there is no such bounty? and that it is more likely you made it up to try and gain some sympathy from those who read the interview?

Well, only you know the truth about that, and I doubt you will share it.

I continue to stand by my interview Lady Xaun, regardless of your weak attempts to deny it.