Thread: Whatever happened to Freedom Arms? nt

Question Whatever happened to Freedom Arms? nt

I think the title asks for itself.

They were too popular

FunCom changed the game rules so that you could no longer buy Freedom Arms in shops. Also, you could no longer get them as loot. The only ones that still exist are the ones that were already in the hands of players. In some guilds, they have been handed down from character to character.

This change occurred shortly before the creation of RK2. So there are no Freedom Arms on RK2 at all.

I'm not sure if FunCom ever said exactly why the did this. But it seems the weapon was just too effective. Too many people were building their characters based on it. So FunCom just made it disappear.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Freedom arms

I have seen one, once, as a mission reward on RK2. They exist, but they're really rare.

Are you talking about Freedom Arms shotgun?

I could swear that I bought mine in Newland (RK2) general shop when patch 13.2 was in use. Or it was a loot? Couldn't remember.

Oh well - Vektor ND than. I bought nice QL30 Vektor yesterday (but can't use it - yet).

Nah, he's talking about the Freedom Arms 3297, it's a pistol that does fire damage I believe, and uses energy ammo. It was the reported to be the highest damage weapon in the game at release, and was very common at most QLs. As a result, just about every character in the whole game was dual wielding FAs at one point. Funcom eventually modified the dual ranged skill necessary to dual them, so that cut them down to a 1 hand gun, at which point most people stopped using them for the most part (unless they already had them equipped). Since then, they've become more and more rare, although I still have several I think on one of my first gimped characters.

During one of the loot changes after the first month or so after go live, the FAs just stopped appearing for the most part. I still get one very rarely when I start a new character as a mission reward, usually a QL 1 or 2 or so.

I play on RK2.

I have several FA's

I have ones over QL 30

They DO exist on RK2.

Yes i saw numerous ones as either items to find or mission rewards on RK2.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

I have a few of them up for trade on RK1. Ranging from QL 30 to 45. Send a tell to "Kexi" with offers