Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FJRK: Shots fired outside West Athen

FJRK: Shots fired outside West Athen

Shots fired outside West Athen
    January 14, 29480

Renegade and Omni soldiers engaged in a shootout on the Athen border today.
    At approximately seventeen hundred hours this afternoon, shots were heard having been fired west of West Athen. Several guards were sent in to investigate, only to find a small team of Omni attempting to stop a group of renegade soldiers from reaching West Athen.

While odd at the time, seeing Omni personnel defending a clan city, their plan was actually far more sinister. A former clan citizen -- one Lorien Mwiljin Xucphra -- was attempting to return to his home after being held captive by Omni-Tek.

Several Clan citizens headed in to help repel the Omni force, however the real reason for Omni-Pol's presence was not known until after their evacuation from the area.

During the firefight, Mr Xucphra had become separated from the group and had taken down a few of the Omni soldiers by himself. However, witnesses state that he seemed to let his guard down -- perhaps a result of his confidence -- and was hit with a critical head wound. His insurance pattern was not accessible and as such he could not be reclaimed. It was determined that Omni-Pol had cancelled his insurance as of 16:54 RST, and neither the Clans nor the ICC have any backup records of the insurance.

This could explain the omni-pol activity in last ditch this afternoon.

Virta didn't seem to hot neither when he came to visit the party in reets.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

I dont see how a firefight in west athen is exactly news, I mean that place is the bloody gazza strip!
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

How is this news to anyone?
    Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

oh dear
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

Seems very random, Probbly some sort of elaborate plot yet to be unviled

And still we press on for better guards in West Athen....*sigh* ....And till we get them, things like this will continue.

Humbold, you reading this? *soft chuckle*
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Maista
    How is this news to anyone?
    Because of the person who met his final death during that exchange, he was perhaps the most infamous former Omni member to leave their service and join the clans.

If some one happens to remember additional areas on the grid that speak of him would they please put links to them so that people can get a better handle on who he was.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

There was a FJRK article about him in september last year.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hlight=Mwiljin
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

For the record. Mwiljin, or 'jin, was an Assassian for Omnitek a few years back. He was reffered to as the master of blades.

After Omni issued the termination of the project he was apart of the other assasians he worked with were perma killed. Jin managed to dissappear for some years. at least untill Omni-pol, and Omni-Reform Ferrited him out, and sent him to reform.

Don't let his death be in vain. Never forget the sins Omni has committed! Never For get the ones wronged by the company!

~I'm sorry Jin... ~

Whether Mwiljin was treated unfairly be Omni-Tek or not, he's hardly an innocent victim. This was an individual who killed people for a living. If you live by the sword, expect to die by the sword.

Which leads me to my main point, for all you young boys and girls out there. When the time comes to consider your career choices, maybe talking about it with your parents or career advisor at school, go for something simply and useful like "plumber", "baker" or "engineer". Don't tick the "assasin" box, no matter how glamorous the lifestyle may seem to you. It's all going to end in tears otherwise.

Engineer, in a particular, is an extremely good career choice for a young person. With so many people bend on destruction on Rubi-Ka, we need more people who instead devote their lives to building things.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

You don't know anything about this guy.

I don't think you understand that not everyone makes the choice themselves, Dabblez. I'm somewhat hazy on this guy's history, but he didn't exactly volunteer to become a master assassin. For Chrissakes, he worked as a portal engineer of sorts in Jobe before he got nabbed into the project... but of course... that's only his word, and I've long since passed the point where I knew what the hell was really going on with him.

You're right about living by the sword, but stop assuming we don't know that. True, Mwiljin's a prime example of that, maybe, but if what he's told us during his first escape was true, then he didn't take the sword voluntarily.

Now excuse me while I go violently stab a few things like the obvious unwashed barbarian who can't even spell his own name.
    Last edited by Ragunn; Jan 18th, 2006 at 10:38:49.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

As always it is sad to see a life pass into the oblivion of nothingnesess. I had met him.. even healed him once in a close encounter with death.. can I vouch for his past no.. I do know that anyone who tries to write a wrong of their own past is a champion.. if that was the case with him truely then the loss should be adequetely mourned. All sides have commited crimes to judge which is most haenous is dependant on ones particular point of view.. can I say he was evil.. or good.. no.. but I can say.. he has been remembered this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Whether Mwiljin was treated unfairly be Omni-Tek or not, he's hardly an innocent victim. This was an individual who killed people for a living. If you live by the sword, expect to die by the sword.

Which leads me to my main point, for all you young boys and girls out there. When the time comes to consider your career choices, maybe talking about it with your parents or career advisor at school, go for something simply and useful like "plumber", "baker" or "engineer". Don't tick the "assasin" box, no matter how glamorous the lifestyle may seem to you. It's all going to end in tears otherwise.

Engineer, in a particular, is an extremely good career choice for a young person. With so many people bend on destruction on Rubi-Ka, we need more people who instead devote their lives to building things.

Dabblez
    Doc Blonde. Normaly I have a slight shread of respect, but saying he had a choice is *SO* wrong. Omni doesn't give choices to their hired hands. They take whom and what they want, and don't give two craps about what they think or feel. Omni made the monster out of a portal technician.

Then Say it was his fault that he didn't want to go along with *THEIR* plans?!

Screw that! the day I see Omni whiped off Ka will be a good day!

Kind of funny to hear Clanners tell me what it's like to be Omni. I joined Omni since my days at University. No one has told me what to do.

To be fair once or twice Omni Reform have leaned on us becasue we do business with the Clans. Curiously enough some Clanners (The Assembly for instance) have leaned on us because we do business with Clans as well; I guess extremists on either the far right or extreme left of the political spectrum are cut in the the same cloth. My point is, as long as our papers were in order, Omni Reform could not touch us and RUR continues to welcome Clan customers or investors.

I really wonder how people figure someone was forced into becoming an assasin blademaster. Guy turns up to to careers office and say "I want to be a lion tamer!". Career officer replies "Sorry, we only got openings for master assasins this week, but maybe you can work your way from assassin to lion tamer in time."

Dabblez

Jeez Dabbs, cut the man some slack.

Based on what I'd seen of Mwilj and heard from my friends, Mwiljin was offered an ordinary soldiers job and was slammed into reform. He was implanted, modified, altered and came out a different person. He found himself a fiancé and then Omni-Tek decided they didn't want his kind anymore so they killed them off.

His fiancé was shot in the head in Omni-Trade when she was shopping in an attempt to bait him out, he fled to West Athen for two years and showed up around septemberish last year. He was a warm but fragile man who tried laying low, but also needed money to survive, so worked in the Cup.

He was found by General Hendrix of Omni-Pol and some of his cronies who uncovered files on the man and who he was. Thus they attempted at every turn to get him back into Omni territory.

This eventually resulted in an ALL OUT INVASION of Clan territory along with the ratting on him of a certain clanner which ended him up once again; in reform and he was given a fake wife and kid which he never saw. These memories were implanted in him, free? I think not.

On numerous occaisions he could be found bosum buddying with Omni-Pol in Rompa where he was reassigned, but met up with a man called Angellis who noticed the reform scars still left on him (mainly a bald patch on his head with a huge recently operated on scar there.) Angellis operated on him and removed the implant, from which Mwiljin was able to become aware that he had been brainwashed.

He started to remember who he was and why he was and began to rebuild his armour. Then it would seem he made one final break for the freedom he'd had when he was in hiding, but Omni-Pol cancelled his insurance when he left Omni-Pol territory, which of course he wouldn't be aware of. Then engaged in a firefight outside West Athen (hence this news announcement) and was shot dead.

Therefore, a prime example of OTs ability to corrupt a man who serves them, chill him with fear so much that he runs away, then they drag him back by getting someone he thought was a decent man to snitch on him and change him back to a former shell of himself. This obviously fails, he tries once more for freedom and they kill him. Permanently.

Let this be a warning to ALL, Clans, Omni-Tek and Neutrals. The moment you make that choice when you leave the ICC shuttleport expect to die for what you believe in and what you want.
    "One can spend their entire life searching for the answer to the question why. But even a life exausted with no answer, is not a life wasted."

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Kind of funny to hear Clanners tell me what it's like to be Omni. I joined Omni since my days at University. No one has told me what to do.
    Kinda funny how we all judge people we know nothing about too.

To be fair once or twice Omni Reform have leaned on us becasue we do business with the Clans. Curiously enough some Clanners (The Assembly for instance) have leaned on us because we do business with Clans as well; I guess extremists on either the far right or extreme left of the political spectrum are cut in the the same cloth. My point is, as long as our papers were in order, Omni Reform could not touch us and RUR continues to welcome Clan customers or investors.

I really wonder how people figure someone was forced into becoming an assasin blademaster. Guy turns up to to careers office and say "I want to be a lion tamer!". Career officer replies "Sorry, we only got openings for master assasins this week, but maybe you can work your way from assassin to lion tamer in time."

Dabblez

Actually Dabblez if you have a certian set of skills that are noticed by the "right" people in Omni-Tek you may find your self either subtley manuvered to a certain feild or you may have personel that work for them knock on your door one day and say, "Congradulations, your going to be a Pastry Chef, weather you like it or not."

There are several notable cases of this, one of them primaly representated in another news artical, namely one about Mr Xucphra. However, it is up to you to decide if you believe the story or not. If not then my aurgument on this point in null and simply a waste of time, however if you do, or even admit that the possability exists, then I have spent my time well.

On a personal note, I came from a long line of techs and I was looking forward to being a simple grease monky on a mining space station when it was noticed that I had a high degree of hand-eye co-ordiantion, good reflexes and several other traits that had me, quite notaciably, shifted to Agent Training. While a gun was not put to my head it was obvious it was going to be that or placed into a press gang hard labor team when I came of age due to lack of education.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK
    Shots fired outside West Athen
    January 14, 29480
    While odd at the time, seeing Omni personnel defending a clan city, their plan was actually far more sinister. A former clan citizen -- one Lorien Mwiljin Xucphra -- was attempting to return to his home after being held captive by Omni-Tek.
    He was attempting to return to his home after killing seven Omni-AF personnel. The one people said Omni-Tek would never catch, has been caught and dealt with, and I applaud the efforts made by our colleagues.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Well Mr Twistshot,

Forgive me if I choose to believe what I see, hear and experience on a daily basis as an Omni-Tek citizen rather than what I read in the popular press. I like to figure things out for myself, make my own mind about things.

Maybe one day I'll experience first hand all the horrors you speak of but so far, and it's been a good few year now, life on the Omni side of the fence is not much different than how it was when I was Neutral.

And just to be clear, I have nothing against the Clans, I just don't much care for violent people of any faction, they've messed up my planet long enough.

Dabblez

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast