Thread: Gadgets, more gadgets

Cool Gadgets, more gadgets

I play engie, a profession I really like even if I'm dead meat in pvp. However, I would like to see some a little more creative usage of tradeskills for us.

The weapons, armor, nanos and jewellery we can make today can be a source of income, but our engineering skills are worth nada in a fight. Granted, the pets help out, but they are more pain than gain in team missions - and they are rather boring as they are all created from the same template and do the same things.

I would like to see more gadgets, like the virral egg. Give me gadgets. Things that whirr, spark and buzz, requires complit, ME and/or EE to use, and has to be built from scratch with parts from the engineer shop (not nano created).

Could be the "Miniature nuclear device" - thing that, when dropped on the ground gives a hefty area damage (with a mindboggling animation of course) after 10 sec

Could be the "Old Texas mean chainsaw" - heavy weapon, ME dependent thingy, that gives -1 in self DoT because of vibration damage and exhaust fumes

And, of course, I want the "Oil-stained multi-pocketed coverall" - the yellow engie suit that gives 20+ all tradeskills, engineer only , which drops from, say, TK

Smen

Some good ideas, except the "uber item only dropping from slow spawn" thing

Why not make the suit craftable?

Unhappy

We traders loves gadgets to!.....

Why not let eng/trader use that items, we are the 2 tradeskill profs in this game..
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

Talking

I want to whirr and buzz too i'll bump this if you fix a large flashing blue light and a siren to my docs biomech helm
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

bing dalla bang dalla BUMP

mezo wantifica muito bingy bangy thiny dingies.
    Wilde crashy bashy hury wery dohickies.
    Thingies only engies could makesee or wieldsee.
    Ahh to see the crowdsees in awe as i unleash a wowbanger
    or a techo thingy ringy dingy to attack bad fishies
    or to finally recieve tells at low lvls wanting my help
    More crasshy thingy dingies

One suggestion
    Momentary suspression gas remover grenade.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

bump

bump for engie gadgets (what the description says we are masters of)

I love the idea of a nuke to drop, the idea of screaming you have dropped a nuke and seeing the team run for it sounds great. (though you know the bot would get blown to pieces as it fails to run through a door)

And an overall that improved trade skills would rock.

I would like to see an item that increases the productivity of implants for a short time or something (still don't think it fair that mps are better at creating them and fixers can take them to pieces)

Big bump for gadgets and engineer-specific tools that help make them.

Traders have the maestros, I think engineers should be able to craft with their tradeskills a series 'tool kit' items that give them some comparable boosts, especially to ME and EE. They should be a mix of hand-held items, some dual-wieldable and some not, HUD items, and Util items.

A good example would be an "Electrical Engineering Information Library" - created in a similar process as the one which creates treatment libraries.

Or an "Nano-Adjustable Super Snap-On Socket Wrench" that is a 2-handed 'weapon' with 1-1 (1) damage and buffs Mech Engineering.

Etc
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

BUMP for gadgets. All sort of them for all purposes.

Make engies able to create a bag or a case with a big red cross on it for doctors . Give it some nice defensive boost and a bonus to HP and some Nano skills or a built in team aura/ HoT. That way teams would force docs to get those cases and finally docs would look like docs .
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

Originally posted by Discont
    We traders loves gadgets to!.....

Why not let eng/trader use that items, we are the 2 tradeskill profs in this game..
    No offense, but traders do have other tradeskill perks, like a monster tradeskill boost.
    They also have the ability to combat and are respected in teams... We engies are just grasping at a purpose

Talking bump

More components for more gadgets for tradeskillers
    equals more fun!

recently starting a crat and needing to use trimmers well not needing but well yeah until i got my first pet heal i have decided to forgo a weapon until i can get a O.E.T. Jess on ergo i play in some trade skills i love them mainly Mech engy, nano programming and pharm tech plus psyche hopefully more paper work tradeskills will appear soon ...and then i will probbly give up on pharma tech even though i can make massive money with it and spend massive money playing with it...lol just mroe trade skills