Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zora

The Legend of Zora

The aliens are still attacking...
    Phillip Ross still lies in a coma...
    The assassins are still at large...
    The CoT invitation remains unanswered...

Just where are you Mr. Tarkhan Zora?

Months have gone by since your radio broadcasts and your hushed arrival on Rubi-Ka. Only a hand picked few even saw you in person, most were kept at a distance.

There has been no word from the former Unicorn Commander, now acting CEO of Omni-Tek.
    No updates, no new radio addresses, in fact, many citizens of all alignments are begining to doubt your presence here on Rubi-Ka. Some even question your existence.

One member of your corporation, that for obvious reasons wished to remain anonymous. stated that he is begining to think that you are nothing more then a "figment of Omni-Teks imagination."

Parsifal "Naguals" Tolteco, of the clan Vengence stated, 'I don't know if he exists. Perhaps he is a legend'.

Another Omni-Tek employee replied, "Does he exist? I am not sure."

Carly "Nuser" Kawarau, the neutral Prime Minister of the Nanomage Liberation Front added, 'I wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't even exist'.

For a leader that proposed to come to Rubi-Ka, and vowed not to rest until he brought Mr. Ross's assassins to justice, he remains noticably silent.

A leader that promised to repel the alien forces from Rubi-Ka, but as of yet keeps Omni-Tek fighting forces idle.

Is it not out of the ordinary that the new CEO of Omni-Tek, the commander in chief, hasn't even addressed his own people? No changes, good, bad or indifferent have been made. In fact, since his arrival, there hasn't been one public address, not one public appearance. No memos, no letters. no nothing.

Marcus "Yarko" Orender, of the neutral organization The Independent Rubikans stated that he found this odd indeed. 'I thought the first thing he would do is address his own people. He hasn't even done that.'

He did adress us, at the gathering in Omni Trade months ago, he sent out a broad cast transmission from space. I doubt he's just an illusion, the Clans know of him, the Neutrals, and every political body, I don't think so many people could all share the same delusion.

just more Clan scare tactics...

Yes, I'm certain that the Clans are simply beside themselves with excitement for an opportunity to hear from Tarkhan Zora. His leadership truly is a beacon for us all...

On a more serious note, Mr. Zora has been far too preoccupied with the duties of his office to be going around making a spectacle of himself in public. Most citizens of Rubi-Ka are aware of this and are not going to be swayed by such trifling propaganda.

Omni-Tek forces are putting up a valiant fight against the alien menace both on Rubi-Ka and in space, all ultimately operating under the command of the CEO. To call Omni-Tek's forces "idle" is an insult to all of the brave men and women who face the alien threat every day.

But even beyond that, this article is clearly intended to insult Tarkhan Zora himself. Perhaps the FJRK is attempting to sabotage the Council of Truth's efforts at diplomacy? It wouldn't be the the first time something like that has happened.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    On a more serious note, Mr. Zora has been far too preoccupied with the duties of his office to be going around making a spectacle of himself in public. Most citizens of Rubi-Ka are aware of this and are not going to be swayed by such trifling propaganda.
    Okay. What are these "duties" Zora is so "preoccupied" with? And I doubt you realize how much Tarkhan means to the clans - if it truly was clans who shot Ross (which I personally doubt), they'd want to see someone in a different viewpoint, who's willing to negotiate.
    But even beyond that, this article is clearly intended to insult Tarkhan Zora himself. Perhaps the FJRK is attempting to sabotage the Council of Truth's efforts at diplomacy? It wouldn't be the the first time something like that has happened.
    Okay, um, the article says he's been gone for six MONTHS. Not days, not weeks, months. As the CEO of such a planet-wide corporation (and beyond), keeping mum about something for half a year gets people worried. Is he planning something? Is he trying to negotiate? Is he even alive?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Well, contrary to this old saying "No news is good news" I think it is time for Mr Zora to come out into the open. He is a leader after all, he must know about his influence on people's morale. I imagine the OT security must be concerned about his safety. Maybe he should give an interview so the people can see for themselves that he is not a legend? Mr Zora's safety wouldn't be endangered then.

Of course, Newland News would be more than happy to help with this.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Okay. What are these "duties" Zora is so "preoccupied" with?
    Tried picturing how it would be like to run a multibillion company where aliens and other nasty factors are trying to destroy you on a everyday basis?

Do it.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    says
    Key word.

Eyewitness account - he frigging exists *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    Tried picturing how it would be like to run a multibillion company where aliens and other nasty factors are trying to destroy you on a everyday basis?

Do it.
    Hahaha
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

I believe that the point the news report was tying to make is the fact that Mr. Zora has been seen so little, heard from so little, it may as well be like he didnt exist.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Let's face it, given what happened to his predecessor last time he made a public appearance, a little paranoia on his part is somewhat justifiable.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

few if any truly public appearances are one thing, but nothing at all? This is no time for a leader that does nothing that the people can see, people on both sides are tired of the war, tired and scared from the alien threat.

You might think that us clans prefer omni to be without a clear leader, that is not the case. At this point, its either unite against the current threat, or die. If Zora does not appear, theres no chance whatsoever of the first. We can resume the fighting over our comparatively trivial bickering after their ships have been cleared from our skies, our homes safe from their seemingly random hit and run tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintent
    people on both sides are tired of the war, tired and scared
    And how is that different from the last three years?

Rubi Ka is a planet for the few. If you cant cut, you might aswell pack your bags and leave. Atleast we arent blockaded at the moment.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Naefen
    And how is that different from the last three years?

Rubi Ka is a planet for the few. If you cant cut, you might aswell pack your bags and leave. Atleast we arent blockaded at the moment.
    The difference is, we have a chance to unite, for the first time in a long bloody war. IF leaders stop hiding in some hole doing nothing

As to leaving, I would rather die the pernament death than leave this planet.

Please stop by Simon Silverstone and tell him that the answer to this planets trouble is to unite with Omni Tek and battle the threats to this planet along with us.
    Im merely pointing out someone else than Mr.Zora who does not see uniting as a first option. And when I think some more about it..... can anyone be sure Mr.Zora have not tried to be diplomatic towards other "leaders" on this planet?
    It doesnt take much imagination to figure out how the above mentioned one would reply.
    "Ill blast them, their children, and everything carrying their logo away from this planet!!".... Sound familiar?

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Simon Silverstone does not represent the rest of the clan leaders in any way shape or form. If it were not for the delicate nature of the situation, I and others would be pushing to get him out of power

Wrong...on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkintent
    Simon Silverstone does not represent the rest of the clan leaders
    You may like it or you may not. Simon Silverstone is the leader amongst the clans with the greatest following. There are so many people who wants nothing more than to grab their guns and walk beside him on a crusade of blood, death and destruction.
    Do you really think a twenty-man sized clan matters in the big picture when thousands would follow him? And, the irony of it all.... is that the monster, Silverstone, is the only clan leader who have actually acomplished something at all. How else to defend illegal actions then by more illegal actions?

But all this is also rubbish isnt it? Because, infact, there are no clan leaders at all are there? They are all free men and women to do what they want arent they? So maybe Mr.Zora should start doing housecalls?

Maybe you clanners should take a look at your own leaders afore throwing rocks at Omni Tek`s.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK
    Marcus "Yarko" Orender, of the neutral organization The Independent Rubikans stated that he found this odd indeed. 'I thought the first thing he would do is address his own people. He hasn't even done that.'
    The answear lies right there, he have adressed his people, ie the major shareholders.
    What, someone even dreamed that neutrals or low ranking omni are even his concern?

If his absence is a result of his belief that the rest of Rubika is not his concern, then Omni and the rest of us are going to have to deal with a fool in power. A leader is responsible for that which he governs, and everything else that affects it, if he truly believes that neutrals, clans, and even people of Omnitek are not worth affecting in any way... He is a stone blind idiot, no other way to put it

Last edited by Naefen; Mar 9th, 2006 at 11:21:53.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

That message makes it even worse, he makes a speech, but then doesnt act on it, and disappears

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast