Thread: The Double Suns Set [Part 1]

The Double Suns Set

Part 1

"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer." Cathern read the lines on her data pad. So true, she thought. Or maybe he just got tired. The strain of leadership is no easy burden, the crown wieghs heavy, and the lonliness of command is sometime cast in stark contrast to the never ending disruption of ones life.

It took Cathern a while to figure it out, but she knew what she must do for herself and that what she cared for.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Jan 7th, 2006 at 02:54:32.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Part 2

Cathern tapped away on a message to her clan, going over the past few months in her mind. Then thoughts of further back and of the future possibilities that awaited her.

The last few months the strain had been increasing. Thoughts of finding a nice quiet planet to live on in obscurity seemed attactrive at the time. The few weeks away had done her some good but she was still feeling depressed with only minor sparkles of joy shining through the gloom. Increasingly her health seemed failing. Temper had grown short and a general state of lethargy possessed her much of the time.

A few days ago it happened. The epiphinay that led her to type up the message to her clan. "Your tired, worn out, and your not effective Cathern" she had thought to herself. She realized that she was damagining that what she loved, her child though they like a child, still looked upon her with adoration.

The first paragraphs done she looked at her work.

All good things must come to and end. After much soul searching I have decided to retire as President of Whisper's Edge. I came to realize that Rubi-ka still had joy for me, but being leader was no longer satisfying and more often than not a cause of grief for me. My health has not been the best either. I know I'm not as effective as I once was, despite the support many have tried to offer me.

Becuase I know that staying in WE would be hard for me and any succesor should one be chosen, I will move on to another clan to become just a regular member without having to worry about the pressures of leadership. The last few days the officers and I have been deep in discussion as to the fate of WE. It basically boils down to disband WE or appoint a new leader.

Cathern examined her work and proceded to finish off the messge to the clan with some instructions and possible fates of the clan. Hitting the submit button, a wave of relief hit her. Now all that remained was to see the reactions of the general membership, her officers having already had a couple days to mull over a similiar message to them.

Turning her various comm systems on, Cathern began to alert her clan of an important message waiting for them. Friends and others were also notified.
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Jan 7th, 2006 at 02:57:16.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

((Sometimes a change is what you need. Being the leader is a tough role and one that I never enjoyed; I much prefer to serve as council. As such, I admire anyone who takes on that role as leader - especially for such a long period of time. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Part 3

Busy busy. A new leader had been choosen for Whisper's Edge. Cathern felt some reservations but also hoped the selected person could manage to hold things together. The morning was spent tidying up loose ends. Closing her personal shop terminal, blowing her personal towers, and doing some general administrative things. All that remained was for her succesor to turn her comm on and effect the transfer of power.

For the first time in months Cathern was feeling really upbeat, if a bit impatient to get things over and done with. Her application to a new clan had been recieved very favorably. Her announcement of retirement prompted numerous invites to join thier clans but she already new where she needed to go.

The evening promised a small retirement party hastily being put together she learned. There would be many tears at the paty she assumed but it would be good to go on a high note. Cathern fingered her Double Sun board. She no longer wore it having achieved the grade up but the Double Sun was more special. Tracing her finger over the design she pondered the past and future with a smile. The suns of Rubi-ka set, but just as surely they rise again. So would her fortunes and that of her child, Whisper's Edge.

The breeze felt cool on her face, the air clean. It was going to be a good day indeed.

[Yes, it had been a good run and I don't regret being a leader for so long. Slowly my RL health has deteriorated over the last couple of years. Pain is no stranger to me and there anumerous issues that needn't be made public suffice to say my energy level has gone down and depression sets in frequently.

The last few months things just seemed to spiral downward. I was planning on quitting AO, but after a few weeks away decided I still liked the game. But...I still wasnt very happy and a lot of it was due to being a leader. So, after the idea got into my head the more attractive it was to give it up. This led me to where I am today, waiting to transfer the presidency to a new person.

I'd like to thank all that have supported me over the years, those that helped me set up the clan, and all the friends, allies, and rivals that made Whisper's Edge a long standing org on Rubi-ka. Lastly, and some what Ironically I'd like to thank Redruum for not being around in CAS. If it wasn't for your long absences, WE would never have came about.

Anyway, I thought an ooc explantation was in order so here it is. I'll still role-play, never fear. But I just won't be leader of a clan any more.]
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Jan 7th, 2006 at 18:48:38.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Leadership is a blessing as much as it is a curse. You assume leadership and your life changes to a never ending group of tasks with very little personal time. I agree, holding a clan together or forming one out of your own desires takes a tremendous amount of work... from the first few days of deciding how it will be set up, to, three years later or change of leadership.

Each clan is different. Some will fail days after they start but others will go on until the war ends. Clans will come and go but at the center of it all will be a group of leaders who shaped Rubi-Ka. Whether or not they are leaders at the time, whether or not they moved on or gods forbid, died years ago, they were the ones to step forward and through their will, hold a group of people together to fight for a cause.

Good luck, now go have some fun.

-Taren