Thread: More Dreams...And a Mission.

More Dreams...And a Mission.

There it stood...Forty feet tall....black against space the pulse fire ports in its arms glistening in the sun. Missile pods could be seen on its shoulders while a pair of blades rested in its arms who knew what else could be concealed under the skin of such a demon...Hyperia did....He knew all too well...For it was his mech....it was Starstorm.

There was a buzz at the door snapping Hyperion Adama from his dream.

"Wha...what...Oh just a second..." Hyperion makes for the door opening it when he gets there. At the door was none other than High Commander Fisk one of Silverstone's top Lieutenants. "What the heck....What brings you-" He is cut off rather quickly

"I was asked to deliver this...Silverstone couldn’t do it himself unfortunately." Fisk hands Adama a small package. "Congrats son not many prove themselves worthy of this. Oh...One other thing... During that attack on Tir we found something no one had use for...Though given your recent changes we think you might..." He bends down picking up a large case outside the door handing it to him. "Use it well."

Silverstone and Hyperion had never really gotten along. Hyperion respected the man's loyalty to his men but was disturbed by his tactics. Silverstone well...he didn’t know what Simon truly thought of him. Hyperion had been instrumental in solving the Ross assassination but more than once Simon and him had butted heads in Simon's role in clan society. Hyperion nodded to Fisk and wished him well as the door closed. Hyperion headed back into the main room of his Jobe apartment and laid both items on the table opening first the smaller package...

"I don’t believe it...." Hyperion held up a mantle with the image of Rubi-ka's twin suns...It was the legendary Double Sun mantle only the most loyal and powerful of clanners ever achieved such an item. To have it delivered by the sentinels sent a chill through his spine. He waited a second admiring it and then set it to his armor. Knowing the powers it would unlock would aid him in battle far more than any thing else he had found to date. He then turned his interest to the box he had been given it was rather heavy in general and he had no real clue what might of been found. He cracks the large case open slowly it instantly however snaps open almost shattering the glass table as a hologram appears.

"Damn it I am going to have to replace that table now..." He glances at the face. To his rather surprising shock it was the face of Silverstone himself.

"Greetings Adama since you are viewing this I am going to assume the package got to you. That is good. We found this on a rather large alien and once one of my officers saw you with your new weapon we figured it would probably be best off in your hands. At any rate I know you had a few proposals that you wanted to deal with. You should be able to address them at the next council meeting at least some of them. Listen...You will find some information at the bottom of the case...We need someone who can handle this quietly...You may be an enforcer but you work alone quite a bit...making you a rather convenient choice. If you take us up on this mission you will be well rewarded. If not I will understand. Good luck to you." The image blinked out after that and Hyperion shook his head.

"I ain't your errand boy Simon...this had better be damned important..." Hyperion then removes the cover on the item within the case... "By all that is holy..." He pulls out the item from the case....It was a perfectly crafted Alien Sledgehammer...it pulsed within his hands shining the balance was exceptional and the heft made it a very powerful weapon indeed.

"Looks like I owe him one after all..." He looks in the bottom of his case...In there is a sealed envelope bearing the signs of the Vanguard Sentinels and Knights.

"What the...this is...not what I expected at all..."
    Last edited by Firestorm; Feb 26th, 2006 at 07:12:35. Reason: Spelling and Grammer fixes.

The mission

Hyperion would open the envelope to find the following message

Eyes only: Commander Hyperion Adama

It has come to our attention of a new base being developed by Omni-AF in the deserts of the southeastern Perpetual Wastelands. Coordinates are unknown at this time none of our operatives have been able to get close enough to confirm the base. An extremely large number of omni AF soldiers are stationed there, along with several very powerful unicorn guards and an unknown amount of materials.

I would normally trust an agent of my own to handle with this however the situation is rather tender. We believe you will be able to handle this mission the best. Your lone wolf nature will work in your favor...along with your ability to smash just about anything in your path. Investigate the base eliminate it if possible report upon mission completion.

Alan Jacobi

My people are still attempting to hunt down the Tempus Coma so we are unable at this time to assist you in this matter...Ever since the cyborgs overran the omni mining facility omni hasn’t touched the area till now...This doesn’t make sense to any of us...Do what you feel is necessary to take the base down.

Soliss

OK they had their say now I get mine. Don’t screw this up. Eliminate that base by any means necessary...I know you still got that bomb from that one incident. Use it if necessary to get the job done. We do not know the intentions of that base. Only that a very large amount of omni resources have been diverted to it...hence why they have been so quiet as of late... I can not stress how important it is this base is taken down. Get any pictures you can of the place if elimination is impossible. If necessary I will send in a strike force to eliminate it.

Supreme Commander Simon Silverstone

"Well this is interesting." Hyperion thinks to himself. "A new base...Wonder what is there....I had better investigate....Rather me than someone else...Though stealth was never one of my strong suits..."
    Last edited by Firestorm; Feb 26th, 2006 at 07:14:38. Reason: Next Chapter

I traced the coordinates...and I found a small base...it was a depot...It seems the sentinels had found a caravan that had stopped there...according to some...Interrogated prisoners... The transport was going completely off the map...Past the terraformed border... The unicorn had developed shielding tech...It took a few trips to the outzones but I had managed to get the coding...a little help from Tyma and Andrew 'Benjix' Bohammer and I was ready to go with my own shielding. The skies favored me this day as the sun was setting giving my newly designed red yalm near perfect cover. I made a final check and set out...It turns out that the location was further than I thought but not out of my range thankfully. I came up upon the facility on foot after landing about a mile out flying low enough to avoid radar I deftly avoided patrols. I came up near the facility....it was big...Easily double the size of any base I had seen previously even the combined Omni bases in Avalon didn’t match. Defenses were heavy and getting in would not be easy...getting in without setting off any alarms would be even harder...But for once in my life I had come prepared.

I had recently upgraded my map sensors to allow me to detect one's alignment within the war combined with my mini map setup and eyes I figured I would be able to avoid the camera's. I dashed quickly from one rock to the next coming up upon a lone AF guard...I throw a small stone against another nearby cracked rock the AF officer turned to the noise...and was down...Not dead mind you I wasn’t looking to up the body count just yet...Just out cold...I took his armor completely. Normally Omni AF Armor is DNA locked. But they have a few flaws in their locking setup...a few fixers of the Kingpin class showed him a few neat tricks...you see all you had to do was remove their token board then replace it with a hacked Cyborg board....then take the modified armor and use it as your own. Thankfully this only had to be done to a chest plate to modify the whole suit now a little camouflage of the cyborg board and I was set. I took the gun compressing the sword into a tiny package. A bit of training from a Field Marshal helped him complete the look. A voice modulator from Barfil would complete the subterfuge. I headed inside.

Once in side the facility I quickly took note of the lack of cameras. This worked in my favor as I had pretty easy access. The objective was to find out what the heck they were doing here and why...Inside the buildings I had normal conditions so I modified my NCU...while I was doing this I heard footsteps not too far behind me I remained calm and turned around...I couldn’t believe my eyes...it was none other than Zora himself....a face I would never forget...here was my chance...my chance to avenge my people to take back what was so rightfully mine....but my time here had taught me more than a few things....One lesson I had learned while here....All things came to those who waited.

I saluted in perfect precision as he walked passed if he noticed it he didn’t acknowledge it. I waited till he turned a corner before ducking down into a small closet. While there I took a seat and evaluated my options...I still had the bomb with me...if I needed to I could nuke the entire facility but that was quickly not becoming an option. My objective was to take out what ever they were working on...not start full scale wars. My sensors showed an extremely large bay about 800 meters below me...a long way to go...but if security had been that lax before hand it was possible I could make my way down all the way. I went towards a near by elevator...I checked for things that required id on the holographic buttons...I found none. I did the math in my head...800 meters down means about 3.3 feet per meter which would be about half a mile down...divided by 10 which was approximately the height of each hallway would mean.... 264 levels to get to the bays...probably more...there wernt that many buttons...

"Well Lets see how far down I can go." I hit the button for B-50 and the lift began to descend.
    Last edited by Firestorm; Feb 26th, 2006 at 07:09:03. Reason: Grammer and spelling corrections.

(first off for those that were intrested sorry for the long delay but with LE closer its perfect to start this off.)

As i decended through the levels i remembered why i wanted to Decapitate Zora. He wasnt just Omni-Tek...he was a murder. A Cold Blooded son of a bitch. It had all started over twenty years ago by this point.

*Flashback*

Planet Daederus Twelve Epsilon Sector Galaxy M-13

A small planet in a large system mainly ignored by all but the transient and criminal. Charted over 300 years ago no one ever bothered about it due to its extreme range from the core of the galaxy. Sol Banking Corp had decided to setup a test facility for a new division. One shrouded in so much secrecy it didnt exactly make the reports. Ten Thousand men and women. Scientists security. The entire bit. In a matter of months made a complete underground development facility.

At the time I was a typical security guard on rotation. I didnt know what they were working on at the time but i knew it had been important. On the second week of my time there i had been positioned in one of the primary development bays after a battery of clearence exams. They had told me to be prepared for a shock...i had no clue how right they were. I fell flat on my ass when i saw it. This would of normally hurt like heck but they had put in gravity generators to help acclerate construction. I had a soft landing.

The machine stood about the size of a good house. 15-20 meters. Jet black and humanoid. No weapons exposed those were hanging on racks on further out into the bay. Its eyes...Red as sunset gave it an evil look on its face. My assignment was basicly to protect the entrance of the cockpit. I was supposed to watch the primary pilot door. If an alert was raised i had orders to shoot to kill. It was a quiet shift. No one knew about the outpost it had been made completely self sufficent and its existance was only in the minds of the people who worked here and five others at HQ. At least until the test pilot lost it that is.

*A light begins flashing at a Scientist's console*

"What the..."
    "Pull him out...pull him out now!"

The scientists were working madly at the controlls trying to get the pilot to eject but nothing seemed to be working. I was wondering what all the fuss was about when the machine started to move. At this point fifty alarms started blaring at once the bay became total pandemonium. The right arm began stretching for one of the weapon racks at this point half a dozen Sol Chironis Systems Professional start opening fire trying to bring the thing down. The shots are quite literally absorbed by the armor like ground soaking up rain. One of the Scientists looks at me as i am staring dumbfounded and shouts: "If that thing gets a weapon in his state we are all dead STOP HIM!" Thats enough to snap me back into reallity.

At this point i realize just how powerful the gun that thing is going after. For some reason its moving like a snail but nothing is even scratching the armor. If i am going to stop him the only way is to get inside. So i look at the mech the distance and the scientist again shouting for the emergency access code. The egghead gives me the code and i take advantage of the lowered gravity leaping about twenty meters from where i was onto the machine's right arm.

I crawl across the arm quickly making it to the body. A few hand holds had been put in for quick access during construction which eased the procedure. I open up the access panel and get inside. The guys on the ground are still firing their guns like mad and a bad shot hits me in the leg as i dive inside the hatch shooting me through like a cannon ball.

I dont black out but i land on my back and it hurt like i had been shot. Gritting my teeth i manage to stand up and make my way down the short corridor to the nerve center. The body was on the ground...obliterated by something it was barely reconizeable. Only the head was twitching. I pull out my Sol K-91 and put two rounds in him. At this point the entire cockpit goes black. I head back outside and find the arm was about two inches from a complete grip of the gun. Everyone is astounded at this point but no celebration for me as they started working madly to figure out what the heck happened. After getting checked out i find out that someone had created a bio-bomb. A devastatingly powerful stealth weapon. Two seperate pieces of genetic code are hidden within the structure of a Solitus Atrox or Opifex with its own independent timer controlled by nanobots. Once the timer expires the pieces of code are exposed. The end result is spontainious combustion. The internal systems of the machine didnt allow this to complete itself. Hence the body's condition and the head. Because of it the head had some kind of nanobot function left and it continued to work hence why the machine went beserk.

The scientists had a problem. At that point there were no spare pilots for which to test. Process of elimination eventually turned me up as the best choice. I was approached by the chief that i was getting a transfer and a promotion if i accepted the offer. At that point i figured what the hell sign me up...To this day i dont know if that was the right decision or not.

*Back on Rubi-ka*

I pass by B-25. Half way down to the bottom this elevator goes. Hadnt been stopped yet. Maybe luck was with me. Well as long as i am waiting there is a lot more to this story. Might as well tell the rest of it.

((thats it for now. Part 5 coming soon! Testing and War!
    Last edited by Firestorm; Nov 11th, 2006 at 04:35:49. Reason: Finishing

After it was determined I would be the new pilot my training had begun. I thought I had been through hell at boot camp. I was dead wrong. Training started at 04:30 with a nice 8 mile increased gravity run followed by even more increased gravity workouts. At about midday I started reading my physical training done for that day. The first book was on the computer life support software. Then I was reading about the targeting software. If it was a system on the machine I had to read it. The books were highly detailed and by the end of a standard day I was fried, and I had to get up to do it all over again the next day. It continued like this for several weeks. Till eventually the scientists considered me ready to get in the cockpit. But before I go to that point I should explain what the true objective of this was.

You see this wasn’t a standard development facility. They already had the working prototype. This was the first of what would be a series of bases designed to deploy at a moments notice. Invading a planet and obliterating the opposition. The armor was able to absorb energy impact and transform its power while able to reflect incoming flak and missile fire away from sensitive areas. The suit could be outfit with any variety of internal or external weaponry making it mission capable for almost any situation. From Defense to full scale assaults to hit and fade operations this thing could do it all. Sol Banking Corp wanted to restart the war between themselves and Omni-Tek these things could lay waste to Omni controlled planets in days. These things were near invincible their only weakness was orbital bombardment which even they could not withstand. But then again it would have a scorched earth effect. So for Sol Banking it was considered a win-win scenario.

Now that you understand that I can continue. The first time in the mech was an experience I can never forget. As I was connected into the cyber systems I could already feel the power that coursed through the suit. Once I was fully linked up I had begun to freak slightly…all the little random thoughts began going through my head. I had seen what happened to the last pilot. I had to wonder if I was another bio-bomb just waiting to explode a through DNA scan dismissed that fact but I was still very concerned. Then the power was turned on. The experience was life changing. Imagine being able to feel the full suit’s power, being able to control it, to see through its eyes as if they were your own. It was a euphoric near erotic sensation that nearly overwhelmed my senses. Then I realized something else. I wasn’t alone.

There was something in the suit I thought another attack had happened and almost panicked. That was till it walked up to me and had kissed me. I realized what I was seeing. It was the AI avatar of the suit. Able to enter my mind or appear as a holographic image it handled most of the micromanaging while the human controlled the weapons and movement. Most women these days are bombshells but there was something about this woman artificial or not that made her far and away different than the rest. I was standing there for a second dumbstruck till the communication came in from primary control. Now that the first experiences were beginning to feel normal they wanted me to start moving around. This is where the gravity training began to pay off my body moving slower forced my brain to react faster and faster. Gearing it for handing the high speed information the suit would provide. The first session within the suit was a simple get to know it session and get acquainted with the weaponry. After recovering it had gone pretty well I knew what I was doing already and how to control most of the systems. After a few weeks of testing and training in the suit I was prepared to meet the rest of the team.

Michael Devoe: Solitus Male Age 25 a Melee Specialist. He is a stealthy close range brawler capable of taking most opponents in hand to hand combat out in seconds. Born on Daieon Four he had come to work for sol banking core during as most did, through their families. He liked baseball and martial arts training. He doesn’t like to gamble much and his tactics showed that. He is cocky successful and accurate. A good man to have at your side but typically doesn’t jump over the hill if he isn’t dead sure.

Laura Kevinson. Opifex Female. Age 20 the sniper of the team. Capable of using any long range weapon with lethal precision anything from rifles to Rail Guns this woman in her formative years had more accuracy than most agents. She was dead serious about her work in battle you would find no one more silent and brutal. If you found her it’s because she let you find her. You never hear or see her bullets. You don’t survive them. She liked movies and being able to watch the sky. With her on the battlefield you never know how long the battle will last.

Selene Alexander: Solitus Female age 22. Our heavy weapons specialist if it was big and it could make massive explosions she could use it with a precision only found in computers. There wasn’t anything from High explosive bazookas to satellite based lasers that she couldn’t use. She was excellent in ending battles with minimum collateral damage. She could also hack with the best of them capable of hitting enemy systems from the inside with just about anything she wanted. She loved explosives and computers. Her favorite saying: ‘There is not a problem not a one that can not be solved in this universe with the proper application of explosives!’

Robert Kiefer: Atrox Age unknown. His expertise was pure brute force. A smash and bash kind of guy. Typical atrox but able to break through just about any barrier put in front of him and take any hit as well if not better than enforcers. The man’s expertise also laid in being able to put up unbreakable defenses and securing an enemy zone in short order. He was chief of security of the facility till they moved him into this program. He preferred boxing.

Delnroth Alberts: Opifex Male Age 22 Before he came here he was a fixer. He is by far the fastest of the unit capable out racing most vehicles and his suit shows it. He excels in hit and fade operations and messaging runs. Our black ops man he was able to slip in and out unnoticed and get all kinds of Intel. He liked spy novels and spy movies.

That was the core team. There were 13 other pilots who were suited to various operations as well as me but those were the big guns. The commanders of the outfit of which I was about to become myself. We were almost ready to begin heading off planet to strike at Omni-Tek controlled worlds…when the worst case scenario happened. Five Omni battle cruisers jumped out of hyperspace at the outer edge of the system.
    The scientists and admin were near total panic. But after five minutes it was clear this base couldn’t be detected by their equipment. No signs were left on the ground that would reveal its location we had been lucky. But now we couldn’t leave. We were stuck on the planet. Now we had to figure out what to do next we couldn’t get a message off planet but we did have orders concerning this possibility. Kill the enemy. Once the omni base was established our objective was simple. Seek and destroy raise as much hell as humanly possible. The entire squad was grinning when we got those orders. With the suits that had been made. And my own personal design being constructed as we were briefed we were in a position to do exactly that. No one in the universe had a frigging clue what we were capable of. But they were about to find out real damned fast.

(Coming soon! Preferbly before lost eden arrives.))

Part six: The rise The fall.
    Part seven: The escape
    Part eight: The chance and Arrival.
    Part nine: The operation.
    Part ten: The final blow.

There it stood...Forty feet tall....black against space the pulse fire ports in its arms glistening in the sun. Missile pods could be seen on its shoulders while a pair of blades rested in its arms who knew what else could be concealed under the skin of such a demon...Hyperia did....He knew all too well...For it was his mech....it was Starstorm. A full ECM load with modified armor this mech was capable of taking on anything known to man and come out in one piece. It was terror personified. Its most devastating ability was when it launched all of its missles at once. Its 'Starstorm' Attack. The missles had M.I.R.V tact nuclear warheads capable of wiping out over one hundred square miles of real estate in a matter of seconds.

Adamos stared at the mech it was a refined piece of art absolutely magnificent in its design. Its lines perfect its capabilites unimagined by most men. It was a weapon built for a single purpose. The total destruction of anything that stood in its way.

"Yo Hype! You done staring at that thing yet?!" It was Michael Devoe my second in command "Five minutes till launch!" I turned back to him and answered.

"Yeah yeah i just can't believe how good a job the egg-heads did!"

"Admire it when the bodies hit the floor we got a mission to complete boss!"

"Aff 'Blade'." At this point i climb up the platform to the cockpit of the mech and get inside. Where i am greeted by the Suit's new AI he decided to go by the suit's name instead of one of his own. 'Starstorm'

"Ahh good to see ya back in here. Its more fun in here ya know Hype?"

"Maybe but the view is better out there. Whats the mission today?"

"Well you Blade and Kaboom are going to infiltrate and hit that supply depot in sector beta. You have backup in the form of three choppers five tanks and an air strike but i dont think you will be needing them. Remember to give them a bloody nose sir."

Hyperia laughs. "Sure thing Starstorm." At this point i jack into the cockpit and activate the HUD. The three of us lie down along the ridge line waiting. Our ECM keeps us from being spotted by the perimiter defenses. I target the primary generators while Kaboom takes aim with her rail gun at the comm tower. We time our attack to the millisecond her depleted uranium slug exploding inside the tower as my pulse cannons start tearing into the primary generator building. Blade at this point is gone his enhanced speed gets him down the hill in no time. Blade cuts through the perimeter defenses just as i turn the reactor into cinders. While in the meantime Kaboom is taking out the big targets with her rail gun. As blade keeps the primary defenses busy i move down and start attacking the buildings from better angles. The base is completely wiped out in under five minutes. Not a single omni soldier or personel left standing.

All and all a perfect test of the Starstorm and of our teamwork.

We launched a campaign of these attacks with our undetectable bases and nearly as undetectable mecha we tore across the planet hindering omni control whenever where ever we could. Reports coming out of omni controlled hands refered to us as ghosts. As no one could ever identify us.

Back however at Sol Banking Corp HQ. Another story was unfolding that would lead to our destruction.

"Ah.. Mr. Zora isnt it?"

"Yes. Thank you director for having me."

"Not a problem at all I wanted to discuss with you taking over security duties at one of our newer facilites."

"With all due respect sir i believe i am worthy of a lot more than that."

"Your skills are excelent but this particular posting is of significant importance to us. Please dont look upon this as us throwing you down the latter. Far far from it. We need the best we have for this facility. You are at the top of the list."

"I see. Where would i be going?"

"I cant tell you that without you accepting the offer. I can tell you however you will be reciveing a 3 level paygrade raise and several other nice perks if you accept this assignment."

Zora thinks about it for a few seconds then nods. "Where do i sign?"

The director pulls out a form on a clipboard. "Right here. You will be going to planet Daederus Twelve in the Epsilon Sector of Galaxy M-13. You will be taking over security for the most important project this corporation has ever undertaken."

"I wont let you down."

"Be certain you dont."

While the new security chief was in transit we continued our campaign of destruction. Striking deeper and deeper into omni controlled territory. After about three months we stopped all operations to give them time to rebuild...and to think we had vanished. During this pause the new cheif arrived.

Zora surprisingly got along well with all of the pilots and people. He was a pretty easy-going guy off hours. When he was on duty however he was worse than a drill sarge. He redid our entire security setup including our screening procedures upon his arrival. Surprisingly they worked better than before when he was done with them. He settled in in short order and became apart of our little group. At the same time omni security was improving. Missions were becoming more dangerous and difficult but still they stood no real chance of victory. We were confident proud fierce and ready to do some massive damage... Then we got the oppertunity of a life time.

"What?! You cant be serious! This smells like a trap?"

"Most times Adamos i would agree with ya. But the information is one hundred percent genuine something is about to be sent to Rubi-ka something that could end the struggle in a matter of days."

"What does the board say?" Blade asked

"The troubles on Rubi-ka work to our advantage giving us time while they have to focus on it. We can prepare. If possible we are to intercept the package. Destroy it if necessary. Every pilot we have will be brought on this mission we expect the convoy to the launch ship to be extremely armed."

"So what do you want me to do in this operation?" Selene asked.

"You will be at point alpha. Your mission wil be to hack into their sats blind their eyes and get ahold of any defense up there they have. They will cover your escape. Five others will guard you while you do this. The rest will be at point beta waiting for the convoy. If this works we will set OT plans on rubi-ka back 10 years and buy the renegades the time they need. If they hold on till the lease expires they will truly control the planet and we will be able to negoitate with them directly."

"Alright people you heard the man. I want your mechs armed and primed to go in thirty minutes." Adamos said.

The operation went off without too much of a hitch between the team we took out that convoy in very short order despite what we were told to expect. This had everyone on edge as we took our return route. The first sign something was wrong was when we recieved this message.

"Divert divert its an amb-" Then nothing but dead air...we lost alberts' telemetry. I ordered Devoe and Kevinson to check it out while the rest waited. Five minutes later they were under heavy fire and calling for reinforcements. I decied i had had enough and sent everyone forward including myself...We ran into the biggest goddamned road block i had ever seen. Unicorns of all sizes were there along with legions worth of omni-AF troops...The convoy had been bait and we had swallowed it hook line and sinker. Omni-Tek Juggernauts were there as well. An array of firepower the likes of which none of us had ever seen before. I looked off to my right and saw the smoking remains of Alberts mech. The others had taken up defensive positions. But even with our combined forces we were sorely outgunned.

I fired the first shot letting loose with my imfamous Starstorm it had worked. But nowhere near as well as i thought. They were prepared with anti missile defenses i cut only ten percent of their forces. Then they started firing. It was one of the craziest battles i had seen. In all we lost ten suits before we had been able to punch a hole through their lines and escape. Little did we know...the disaster was only just beginning.

Part Seven coming soon: The escape.

After we had cut through the defenses we managed to elude the omni and make our way back to HQ...Alberts, Kevinson, and eight others didnt make it back. The Adminstrator of the project detonated the suits that didnt return. The omni that had been there were instantly nuked...A mild piece of revenge for what had happened to us.

We had taken time for funerals...We had become a family. Many were muttering death oaths. After this we had no way of stopping. It was now a matter of life and death. The techs got working on new suits for development while we planned a method of attack. Some how they had known our escape route...we were ambushed perfectly...and they knew exactly what to use to stop us.

We had a tratior among us. It would be near impossible to find. Everyone of them was cleared by the CEO. But we had security start working on it. We kept quiet for a week. That was when it truly began. A night forever known in my mind as the 'night of hell'.

The remainder of my team had gone to bed. I was making the final rounds before getting to bed myself. But about one step into my room, the entire base shook with an explosion. Alarms started blaring and i ripped out my SOL K-91 Gold Monster out of its holster and immedately made my way to central command. When i got there i found the outdoor screens filled with Omni-AF and unicorn. Our base was under siege, we had been found.

Unfortunately that explosion came from a Mass Driver OT had moved into orbit directly in the primary launch bays. All the mechs were wiped out. I run out of the room knowing the outer gates could not hold long and there were probably omni already in the compound. I make my way to the armory expecting the others of my team to have been there and gone. It looked that way when i got there at least so there was some hope. I grab a Sword Along with a Crimson monster and a pair of Sol Chironis Systems Professional's grabbed ammo a backpack and grenades and proceded to head to where Kiefer's room was. If any place could be good for defense or counter attack it was his room.

I thought we couldnt be defeated. That nothing could stop us...I was wrong. I stared at Kiefer's head as i entered the door.. It was one of the first places hit by the invading forces. All hope seemed to fade. Until Devoe stuck his head out of a vent grate.

"Damn they already got here!"

"Devoe! What the hell is going on?!"

"They are after us! Killing anything that gets in their way!"

"In otherwords everyone! How bad is it?"

"You and me are the only one's left and the boss is missing!"

"Where the hell is zora!?"

"We dont know! What do you want to do boss?"

With the adminstrator missing most likely dead our options became very limited. My entire team was gone save for Devoe the mechs were destroyed and our defenses were easily over run. Procedure for this was basicly to blow the place to hell and hope to god no one survived.

"You know the drill! Come on it takes two to set the overload!"

Devoe rolled out of the vent pulling out his swords i checked the ammo on both my guns and we made our way down towards the central power core. A fusion generator capable of wiping out the entire facility and a good five hundred square miles of real estate. Nothing would survive. We got down there after cutting down about a hundred Omni-AF troops on the way downward. Setting the overload required putting a timer on as well as two keys. Each member of the team had one key. As did the adminstrator and the Security chief.

We got in set the timers for twenty minutes and then asked the billion credit question.

"How the heck we going to get out of here!?" Devoe asked

"Same way we got in. We need to find the adminstrator. We need to head for his shuttle! Its the only way off this rock the Omni haven't hit yet!"

He quickly agreed and we started making our way towards the private launch pad. About half way there another explosion threw us down to the ground and blew a hole out of the wall behind us. It was Zora. Flanked by two unicorns. He saw us and raised his gun. The first three shots went through Devoe's head. I was stunned. At the same time i realized it was all a plan by OT. They managed to get Zora in to destroy us. I most likely would of been next. At that point though another explosion happened somewhere else in the base collapsing the cooridor between us. I never managed to get a shot off on Zora. That was the last i had seen of him.

I continued making my way towards the shuttle, grief could wait. There was ten minutes left since it had begun. When i got there i found out what the explosion had been. Fuel tanks had been hit by rocks setting off a chain reaction. The launch tube still worked but there was no sign of the director. All i could find was a hand holding the access card for the shuttle. I pryed the card from his hands and rushed into the shuttle. I had five minutes left. Enough time to cold launch the ship, was risky i knew that the engines might not engage right away and i could become a smear. But if the reactor blew i was a dead man anyway.

The ship survived the launch everything worked like it was supposed to. I engaged the stealth systems and proceded to try to outrace what i thought was would be a massive explosion...I was wrong. Somehow the omni had disabled the timer i didnt pick up any signs of an explosion. After about thirty minutes i knew that there was no chance. I kicked in the afterburners and tried to make to space.

Omni ships in orbit picked up the rapid ascent somehow and started taking shots at me. Laser fire and missles flooded space as i was chased. My stealth system covered up the engine noise making it look like i was blown to bits. I kicked in the primary drive once out of the gravity pull and set cooridnates for a safehouse I had in the D-3 galaxy.

I had escaped. But the price was high...the only survivor. Zora betraying us all and Omni having captured one of our most secret research facilites. I didnt know what to do next.

((coming soon part eight The chance and The Arrival.))

Six weeks later i make it to the safehouse. Avoiding omni patrols and a number of other things. I finally get the chance to check in on the news and see if any offical word had been handed down...there wasnt any. Our entire existance had been completely disavowed. Probably with the fact no one was supposed to be alive. I knew now it was unlikely i would be able to get in contact with anyone who knew who i worked for Sol Banking.

For the next few years i drifted going from one place to the next. Being a merc was alright...but what Zora and Omni-tek had done to me burned a hole in my soul. Something only one thing could fill. Revenge. I took any mission i could get against omni-tek...About six months before my arrival on Rubi-ka i got the chance of a lifetime.

It was at the end of a mission i came across a man by the name of Jim Othian he had given me the mission to blow up a nice sized omni-tek armory. In the middle of that i came across some intresting data.

"Thats intresting...well i cant make use of this...I mean i wont be going anywhere requiring multiple bodies."

"What do you mean Jim?"

"Well Hyperia they have developed a method a good one too of moving one's consiousness to another body"

"Dont they do that already?"

"In some cases but not like this. This would allow you to swap in and out of bodies at will...A true key to immortality..."

"What do you want to do with it? Sell it?"

Jim looks at hyperia as if knowing something he didnt.

"Nah. We might find a use for this some day."

Little did i know how right he was. Five months later the news from ICC hit the entire universe. ICC was taking over full immigration control to Rubi-ka. You still had to pay the fees to access many things. But it was opening its gates to everyone.

"If only i could get through...OT if it knew i was alive would kill me on sight!"

Jim laughs. "Well Hyperia i know someone in ICC...if you are willing to trust me one last time. I will get you on rubi-ka."

"How??!"

"Well the fact is you got a way around any DNA scan with this little bobble."

I blink realizing what he meant. "The transfer system!"

"Yep and i can have it taken down in a secure cargo drop once you are on world. Develop a completely new body and DNA profile swap your consiousness into it and bam they wont know till you want them to know! The down side is you wont be able to contact me for awhile. These aliens came out of nowhere and are hitting that planet hard."

"Well Jim you do this we can call the whole thing even. We wont owe each other a thing."

"I can live with that. Going to be a shame to lose you...but i understand your reasons for getting in that fight."

Four weeks later i had crash landed on rubi-ka. And my story truly began.

(placeholder bump i may rewrite everything now...))

((Rewrite everything? Ouch o.o ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu