Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Everybody now wears tank armor: ridiculous

Originally posted by BigBubba
    It should have been Atrox only so soldiers could cast sheild more of enforcers could mongo more or what ever they do not to give nano breeds more fire power. 400+ nano thats more roots nukes heals debuffs and and slow ini buff. LoL I feel bad for soldiers and enforcers and I never even made one.

Eunucha 188

You must be crazy.... An Atrox Soldier has almost the same NanoPool as a solitus soldier and as a opifex soldier and only slightly less than a Nanomage soldier.

GET the idea... I'm a solitus soldier who'd need to cast my shield more and many others are enforcers and soldiers similar to me... It sounds like you are saying all soldiers need to be Atrox...

My guess is that more items will be added to the game, some will be back items and eventually some next new cool back item will be worn by someone and then everyone will come on here and complain that it was "intended" for a certain class.

Have fun with your character.. there is no template you should have to follow, no looking at the boss loot and saying "I can't use the Albrecht, because it says tank armor and I'm not a tank"... it has very high str/stam reqs... so advantage Atrox... If a nanomage wants to find a way to get his high enough to equip it.... good for him, he's creative!

I on the other hand, don't wear one... I don't care to look like everyone else... I have my own mix of armor that maxes my playability and gives me a unique look... although I have seen people that I have teamed with (who have asked me about my armor), now out and wearing something similar... I take it as flattery.. I don't tell them to get out of the template I came up with... or call them a copy cat.

Re: Little lesson

Originally posted by kokk
    Cut the crap allrdy - even the British who made Dungeons & Dragons came up with a new concept:
    Errr... sorry, Gary Gygax is well known to be the one of the co-creators of Dungeons & Dragons.... and he was born in Chicago. Not sure where you got that part from. Just a small clarification.

Demono in the end high level atrox have 208 less skill point in there main abilitys then other breed. Other Soldier breeds can cast higher nanos then atrox and where same armor...Im not saying that all sodiers need to be the same race im saying that they need to fix atrox because we are totally gimped at high levels. A soldier anything is much much better then Atrox...In fact I think Soldiers need fixed bad also. No Soldier on RK2 can kill me if you want to try send me a tell... Im all for fixing soldiers I should die at least once in a wile against one...LOL I would have quit the game a long time ago if I was Atrox soldier talk about getting screwed. They need to make Atrox only armor and more weapons to make up for 208 less in our main abliltys or take 208 out of other breeds....Or let us change our breeds in a one time patch only...LOL you would not see one high level Atorx not even enforcers.

Eunucha 188
    PS.....yes high level nano breeds can equip that tank also. Any breed can you must still be low level.

Originally posted by Chemi
    With respect to profession development, an NT or an MP with tank armor on or with a gun seems a huge contradiction.
    Try being a caster and have Nano Shutdown casted on you by a mob. Or by a player in PvP. This game almost demands that casting professions also wield a weapon.

And for the record, I'm a doc, and I wear a mix of Carbonum and MK II armor, and wear QL200 Albrecht Tank. The QL200 has 0% nano cost increase and no negative evades modifiers, plus it gives me +400 nano and increases my nano init.

As others have said, if cloaks gave these types of bonuses, I may wear one in a heartbeat. I may look like half of Rubi-Ka right now, but that's because it works best for their character. Remember when everybody wore Primus coats? At least with tank armor being the preferred item to wear on your back, you can still see everyone's armor, so you still get the desired diversity. I'd rather have everyone wearing Tank over cloaks any day.

Although I *would* like to see more webcloaks come into the game with better modifiers.

--Tsk

Originally posted by BigBubba
    Demono in the end high level atrox have 208 less skill point in there main abilitys then other breed. Other Soldier breeds can cast higher nanos then atrox and where same armor...Im not saying that all sodiers need to be the same race im saying that they need to fix atrox because we are totally gimped at high levels. A soldier anything is much much better then Atrox...In fact I think Soldiers need fixed bad also. No Soldier on RK2 can kill me if you want to try send me a tell... Im all for fixing soldiers I should die at least once in a wile against one...LOL I would have quit the game a long time ago if I was Atrox soldier talk about getting screwed. They need to make Atrox only armor and more weapons to make up for 208 less in our main abliltys or take 208 out of other breeds....Or let us change our breeds in a one time patch only...LOL you would not see one high level Atorx not even enforcers.

Eunucha 188
    PS.....yes high level nano breeds can equip that tank also. Any breed can you must still be low level.

Yeah.. I am one of those Lvl 166 Noobs.... I have a 166 Soldier and a 156 Agent... darn me for being a noob... you must be one of those Lvl 188 Atrox Doctor asses.

My point was that if someone wants to spill ip into it... and then use implants/pillows/buffs/etc. to get into it, why do you have a problem with it. There is absolutely no reason tank should be atrox only... Name one reason... "because we have less abilities in intelligence" is not a reason... does that mean you have to be dumb to wear tank? Nope... I would think you would just need to be strong enough to stand up with the tank on... and low and behold I am, but I choose not to wear it. I see other people asking for tank armor to be made Soldier/Enforcer only... But then again... you probably wouldn't like that because you want to be the atrox doc in tank.

I've played this game since Beta, you NOOB. When did you start?

Do you even read the other forums because they are adding Atrox only armor, so again.. there is no reason tank should be atrox only... I don't even wear tank armor... I have no interest in wearing it either, but if someone wants to wear I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to.

It's funny how so many idiots come on here spouting about how they are whatever level and everyone must be noobs and how their class or proffession should be the only one allowed to use whatever....

I guess by your measure... Nano Armor should be Nano Mage only... Bio Mech Armor should be doc only... MA armor should be Martial Artist only.... etc... etc...

I wear a mix of Bronto Armor and MKII... I'm at all of my breed caps (even though I'm a noob)... It was pretty difficult for me to get into QL200 bronto armor which reqs 550 Intelligence, when I have 480 and couldn't use Dillon armor and could only do very small implant changes to get my intel up that high... No, I do not have any virral eggs... and there are no intel buffs (besides +12)... and I can't wear a Prof Jones vest or Shades of Lub.... but you know what...

I WORKED HARD TO GET IN MY ARMOR... and I'm happy I have it on... It felt like an accomplishment... It would tick me off for soemoen to come on here and say Bronto armor should be nanomage only because it has good AC, adds to Nano Pool, and requires Intelligence.

If you want to say what was intended... i.e. tank was intended for atrox... well that's why there are high str/stam buffs... so atrox get it on easier than anyone else...

Thing is did you not expect Atroxes to have considerably lower level intelligence? And that they wouldn't be able to cast nanos as well as Solitus or NanoMage....

It's so funny... before tank was fixed... so many people were asking for a fix to tank because they were tired of seeing everyone in Primus coats.... now that tank is fixed people want to get greedy and make it be theirs and theirs alone

Next time you call someone low level, you ought to know what you are talking about.

I smell a liar up there.

Level 200 Atrox Soldier - Max Nano 1682
    Level 200 Atrox Soldier - Max Nano 4364

Level 200 Solitus Soldier - Max Health 4346
    Level 200 Solitus Soldier - Max Nano 2787

Don't be a jackass whoever up there was saying it's no big deal being an Atrox. Take that 1100 nanopoints less and add on to it up to +208 less total ability scores AND higher cost for abilities on a whole.

Do you realize what that is like? It's like getting a nanoformula that buffs yer Int/Psy/Sen for two hundred and eight goddam points. Hell players still use the +12 buffs at my level in the 160's. I sure as **** would like a +208 buff. I'd gladly give up that 28 extra hitpoints if I were an Atrox Soldier to get a +208 ability buff.

Do you realize how much of a loss to Skills that is based on the dribble-down effect? Literally hundreds less all over the skill tree. You know how when you raise your Sense, your evades and treatment and other skills naturally rise? Imagine losing out on the effect of 208 ability points.

All for what? far less than a hundred measly hitpoints and excess Str and Stamina (not much more than Soli) that provides zero benefit in-game.

Everybody needs to get their facts straight and not be blinded by the great character models that FunCom made for the Atrox. They are NOT measurably stronger than Solitus to any degree that matters. They are NOT buckets of hitpoints in comparison to ANYONE except the equally penalized NanoMages. They ARE severely penalized in nanoskills and nanopool for benefits that allow one to sustain perhaps a FRACTION of a hit from a monster more than any other breed besides the little white faced guys with the tattoos.

Atrox is not a fun race to play in terms of game mechanics. I enjoy it because it suits my temperment. If I were a powergamer, I would choose ANY other breed over Atrox. This includes the Nanomage as I'm smart enough to understand that at the end, everybody who is resourceful has enough hitpoints to survive but being brain dead with no nanopool is difficult to overcome.

Re: Re: Everybody now wears tank armor: ridiculous

Originally posted by Shub
    I'm not bragging, I'm just very smart.
    I'm going to borrow that one.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL OK your not a noob just wrong my bad. Atrox main abilitys are still up to 208 less then other breeds thats a fact and for the atrox armor he said they may add atrox only armor. Thats not for sure I wont believe it untill I see it. Even then im sure it will suck. Plus It would be better if they made it so atrox and all other breeds had the same amount of main abilitys skill point so that atrox has very high str sta and agi and nano have lower of the same its lame that Nano breeds have the same ACs as atrox. There should have been equel skill points with a wider differance in breeds. Like atrox had huge str sta and agi and nano had high intel psy and sence but its not. That would be the real fair way of doing it but for some reason funcom thinks its better just to add atrox only armor. Wonder why you dont put the name of your main in the chats so we can all see who you are. Since you seem to know me would be nice to know who you are...Must not feel sure enough with your statements to add your mains name.....funny isnt it

Eunucha 188

I have a problem with all this...I'm an Opifex Enforcer. Guess I like to be different. So if the original poster suggested that Tank armor only be for Atrox/Solitus Enforcers, Soldiers, blah blah blah I'm left out in the cold...again... :\
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Rhina you would thump a Atrox enforcer you have 208 more skill points in your main abilitys. You made your char the right way now all you need is the Dragons sword if you dont have already and as enforcers go you will rule. See Funcom thinks by adding atrox only armor that some how makes up for a -208 skill point breed caps that atrox suffers..I agree I would like those points way more then the armor. The problem is they said no. In the breed descriptions they told us that Atrox make the best soldiers and enforcers...lol what a Joke. Atrox dont make a good anything.

Eunucha

No offense...but if you look me up on the register...I'm a 137 Female Opifex Enforcer. I'll never get the Tarq Blade because I don't have friends in an Uber guild and I've accepted that.

You shouldn't assume anything by first appearances. My Enforcer is my only persona above level 60 and I'm happy with that. I'm not a powergamer but certain issues bother me.

And in fact...until recently...I've never heard of the Tarq blade until I heart about some having it and Boltgrinder was trying to get one...and has tried 34 times to date by now I think.

If you are going to attack anyone, I suggest you try attacking members of Storm. But it's just a suggestion. Or all those people that have the Dragon armor now. I have nothing special except my Albretch Tank Armor that cost me 5 million credits that I sorely miss to obtain.

The only problem I have is people complaining when there is nothing wrong. I see a huge hole in the Enforcer. We are the meatshield...or we are supposed to be if we could keep aggro! The only way I can is if I mongo constantly, use the taunt nano and my aggression enhancer. And the Calmers get pissy when I mongo for some reason...teehee!

I don't really hate the Martial Artist...it just feels they take my job away. Then can fight better than I can...buff nicely and heal the team, while I just kinda stand there...

Anyways...that's a rant for another day I suppose. I think new diverse items is a good thing! I can't wait to see what is in store for everyone next!!

Good luck out there everyone!!!
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Im just saying in the end you will make a better enforcer then atrox Rhina..and as for that dragons armor I have a old guild mate with a full set of it also...so if he can get full set someday you could also...maybe not a level 137 but later on...Anyway you wont see the advantage to your char after you cap your main skills. All I can say is that after that plan on killing any atrox enforcer your level because you will me more powerful and have better nanos. Also if someday you really do get that sword then you will be a killing machine. so GL on your opti Enforcer.

Eunucha 188
    I team with a 182 opti enforcer so I have seen it with my own eyes no negitive to being opti.....but HUGE negitive to being Atrox anything.

Cool Statistics and Modifiers....

... That's what this game is ALL about. Getting those skillz as high as you can in areas you want them to be. Any item that offers that abillity, you are going to try and wear. Regardless of class !

I think Funcom should, as someone mentioned earlier, offer similar items with similar modifiers, maybe more profession specific, this would then allow for greater individualism.

I think they tried to achieve this to some extent with Web-Cloaks, but once people discovered Albrechts at varying QL levels Web-Cloaks have all but dis-appeared.

Not to mention the fact that the market is absolutely flooooded with items at qlvl200. Every day thousands and thousands of items of quality level 200 are spewed out.

Why? We all know the answer to that. 189-195 team missions ripped through in less than half an hour.

Items need to go up to 250 or 300 so that people will try to do the 250 team missions and spend an entire play session doing one team mission. Perhaps even *shudder* .... die.

I've got bank overflowing with quality level 200 items that I have no clue what to do with. Lower guildies get them when they can use 'em and every one of my alts has his full up gear waiting in his or her bank.

I've seen at least two dozen qlvl200 Albrecht tanks blow by as boss loot is posted. I don't even get in the raffle for them anymore.

Perhaps this situation should evoke memories of items wearing out. Raph 'Designer Dragon' Koster knew what he was doing with UO and seems to be on the right track (even better, actually) with SW: G.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234