Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everybody now wears tank armor: ridiculous

Talking

You'll find most people are wearing QL 200 Albrecht's...

I mean look at the stats.

modify self chemical ac 250
    modify self cold ac 750
    modify self energy ac 1100
    modify self fire ac 875
    modify self max nano 400
    modify self melee ac 1100
    modify self nano cost modifier 0
    modify self nano init 50
    modify self poison ac 250
    modify self projectile ac 1100
    modify self psychology 20
    modify self radiation ac 250
    modify self run speed -50

For a dumb-arse Atrox, Im loving it... + 400 nano and the Nano Init. damn!! who can blame everyone for wearing it...

Maybe Funcom should introduce some similar items, perhaps more attuned with specific professions, but until then. QL 200 Albrecht for me all the way baby.

Albrect is very nice indeed to every class (well almost, if you can gather enough str/sta to use it). To counter the 'all wearing tank armor now' -effect the solution should in no way be a Tank armor nerf but to make, again, more alternatives suited to other professions.

Look Nelebs coat for example. It has all the right componets to be desirable to all caster classes but because it being always dropped with a static QL its life span is really short. So at the moment Albrect has the following perks:

modify self chemical ac 250
    modify self cold ac 750
    modify self energy ac 1100
    modify self fire ac 875
    modify self max nano 400
    modify self melee ac 1100
    modify self nano cost modifier 0
    modify self nano init 50
    modify self projectile ac 1100
    modify self psychology 20
    modify self run speed -50

Impressive.. Really impressive. The nano cost modifier means that for quite nice AC (and a very impressive appearance i might add) you get no penalties to casting and it even gives your nano pool a nice boost. Why not to use it? I'd suppose people, especially every caster class, would give up using tank armors if they had a similiar counterpart as the tank but balanced more towards the nano skill abilities Now lets see if we could recreate those Albrect perks to some new item:

modify self chemical ac 750
    modify self cold ac 250
    modify self energy ac 800
    modify self fire ac 275
    modify self max nano 500
    modify self melee ac 800
    modify self nano cost modifier -10%
    modify self nano init 75
    modify self projectile ac 800
    modify self evade clsc -15
    modify self dodge ranged -15
    modify self dodge ranged -14
    ... etc ...

and modifiers to perhaps selected nano skills and for example to intelligence. Perhaps this item could be a cloak in appearance, one not being over the armor but hanging from your shoulders or something. Bonuses to nano skills, lowered nano casting cost and nano pool but poorer ACs than with Tank armors would most certainly create desire to wear it before the Tank armor naturally because it'll allow you to cast your nanos more efficiently and cast them before than without the 'cloak'. One'd think an item like this would be really hard to balance out but something like this would help to remake the tank armor only desirable by tanking classes, or should i say, the non-casting classes.
    Regards,
    Chromad

Advisor of the First Order

Tukan | Chromad | Mikados

I LIKE AND WEAR COATS!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I hear what Sturmkampfer is saying: he wants the tank armour as a marquee item of enf/sol classes. I like that idea - it's impressive and imposing (espcially on a big fat atrox). But in the end I give into the idea of individualism. Let people wear what they want.

I like the fact I can (if I choose) join a team where the NT runs a Nova Flow, the enf swings a chair, and agent wields a sledgehammer.

Too cool.

Originally posted by Laroche
    I like the fact I can (if I choose) join a team where the NT runs a Nova Flow, the enf swings a chair, and agent wields a sledgehammer.
    I'd try to steer clear of teams like that....
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

"I hear what Sturmkampfer is saying: he wants the tank armour as a marquee item of enf/sol classes. I like that idea - it's impressive and imposing (espcially on a big fat atrox)."
    Thanks to Laroche for this, thats exactly what i wanted to say, but as i'm french i can't always write what i want to say!!

Exactly: an armor for non-magical combat class (nano if u prefer).
    For peeps who strike before asking!! Like enfs and soldiers....

Originally posted by Sturmkampfer

Thanks to Laroche for this, thats exactly what i wanted to say, but as i'm french i can't always write what i want to say!!

Exactly: an armor for non-magical combat class (nano if u prefer).
    For peeps who strike before asking!! Like enfs and soldiers....
    But that's what makes the game fun, that its skill based and not class based as much. Nothing should prevent a NT from wearing tank armor, except for lacking the skill to wear it
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

I'll bet you don't want NTs using guns either, Sturmkampfer. One of the strong points of AO is the flexibility you have, and mostly that means being able to use pretty much any item in the game if youi've got the skill. In a game like DAOC, there are some things you just *can't* wear if you're a caster. A lot of the new team mission loot compromises this, but the principle stands: as a doctor I can use a shotgun, rifle, or even Nova Flow if I so choose. I'm not limited to waving around a mace or staff.

The truth is that any proff can use any gun or any armor...it really depends on what they want to chose. Alb's add certain advantages that most proffs want. To say that Doc's and NT's and any nano proff cant wear this and cant wear takes away the basis of the game of you chose what you want to have. It takes Ip and money just to get these items on, and these proffs chose it. I have a doc that did alot of gimping just to get it on just for the nice stats it gives. But it helped me in the end to stay alive to keep the damage on the team you were on.

/me has forgotten how to type

How come so few wear the web cloaks? (Marcus Divaad Web Cloak has very nice avrage ac (Same as Padded Overcoat
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Cause AC's are still better on tank and still have nice advantage on tank ;P

Post Little lesson

I'm a soldier - I wanna use guns, so I can't use ANY nanos?
    Ì'm a NT, so I can't use ANY weapons?

Cut the crap allrdy - even the British who made Dungeons & Dragons came up with a new concept:

"You can play it if you like, but it may not be as effective, but you made the choise!"

Know what that mean? And it is something that even FC has understood....When you go to character creation, there ain't no warning when choosing nano breed and enforcer saying "Unable to perform action, bend over for nerf!". You can do it if you like and so can everybody else. If you don't like it, tough luck - not everybody in RL may like the way you look, but they don't have the option to /petition remove that guy - he's distorning my picture of how life should be.

What FC has done with this system is simple - they've added the second roleplaying element (apart from the clan/omni/neuter factions), the ability to play as weak - or powerfull as you want. If you want more RPG, you've come to the wrong game, as all of FC's efforts are being concentrated on an expansion nobody's gonna buy (prolly gonna get this post deleted by writing that). If you don't like it...too bad for you. But anyhow, everybody in the high-end game (not you yet with your meager 165) are wearing MKII, Carbon, So8 or Dragon armour.

I don't wear a tank - don't like 'em
    I'm a tank class - tanks make me look fat!
    Enfs should have a MK shield huh? - Why not the rest of our prof nanos as well as green skills, soldier only weapons and and and.....Get the picture yet?

And a little note to all you whining about poor AC on nano armour - all except from ENF, SOLD, MA are SUPPORT classes - but AC doesn't mean **** over 3K anyhow - go look for ye bracers and RRF instead

------------------------
    Littletza, President of Shadow Ops
    191 Soldier
    RK2

PS. Look up TSR or Whitewolf or <insert name of RP-distributor> and look up the term Roleplaying. Now go look out the window - funny huh? All the men aren't wearing the same clothes - they stopped doing that after WW2 ended.

It should have been Atrox only so soldiers could cast sheild more of enforcers could mongo more or what ever they do not to give nano breeds more fire power. 400+ nano thats more roots nukes heals debuffs and and slow ini buff. LoL I feel bad for soldiers and enforcers and I never even made one.

Eunucha 188

LOL Kokk you think tank makes you look fat think of me with that light blue servents of eight dress on and that and that red and black Albrect it just dont get any uglier than that combo...

LOL Kokk you think tank makes you look fat think of me with that light blue servents of eight dress on and that and that red and black Albrect it just dont get any uglier than that combo...
    ewwww.......

Skipping tot the end of this thread to post my setup..

I am Atrox MP, lvl 152, and until recently wore QL200 Carbonum and QL162 Albrecht (borrowed, hence low QL). I now have the same setup but the Albrecht is replaced by a QL200 cloak (invisible type, forgot the name, its str/agi/sta based, so fits )

If I had a QL200 ALbrecht I would wear it. Anyone who tells me I am WRONG for doing so needs their nuts chopped and force fed to them. Why am I wrong? I am not pure MP, cos I wore Tank, dual wielded shotguns and I am an Atrox? Hahahahaaa.. omg..
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

I used to wear primus. Now I wear the red MA suit. I figure 300hps and 20 firstaid is better than 400nano and 50nano init.

IMO we would all wear padded coats if we could, cause they look cool :P

I was going to wear a biomech cloak for bonuses, but it is CRAP ac and butt ugly.

I have thought of wearing the new tank armor (i wear it on my alt because of nanopool bonus, and because my alt aint an MA to wear MA suit)

The original suggestion is not going to happen. Why should atrox get these things? Atrox get to take it off and put it on without buffs (eventually) isn't that enough?

As for NTs, I agree they need better items and not nanomage specific junk like shades and vest, but a cool nano armor cloak is needed. I think most people would wear it just because it looked cool :P

Re: Little lesson

And a little note to all you whining about poor AC on nano armour - all except from ENF, SOLD, MA are SUPPORT classes - but AC doesn't mean **** over 3K anyhow - go look for ye bracers and RRF instead
    NT is NOT a support class and never has been. Just because NTs add crowd control doesn't mean that they are support.

Description of NT provided by FC is someone who can kill with awesome destructive force. And you don't think this is combat orientated?

Just because FC lied about NTs offense cabalitlies, doesn't mean that NTs are not intended to be a combat class. Unless ofcourse you mean that to be a combat class you must only have the 'q' key at your disposal
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

Re: Re: Little lesson

Originally posted by Narakar

Unless ofcourse you mean that to be a combat class you must only have the 'q' key at your disposal
    hmmm.......

.....to only have to hit "Q".....

....dare to dream....
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Hmmmm

Well I use Alb Tank for this reason...I bought a lv 139 Alb Tank from a guy to test some new armour..I am currently a 147 MP..Nanomage..and like most of us, my stre/stam sucks. So why'll I am waiting to get to 150 I raise it some to try this new armour out. Hmmmm a Ql 139 Alb Tank vs Ql 181 cloak..results..

Ql 139 tank..
    energy 764
    AC/Imp 764
    Melee 764

Ql 181 Nano cloak....
    energy 560
    Ac/imp 560
    Melee 560

Hmmmmm...and with the Nano inits at 35, and Nano pool at 278..and run spd -35..oooh please do not make me run slower..my run spd is only 705 as it is..

So ask yourselves nanomages and MP's and NT's Why should you not wear Alb Tank..Now I have a 175 Alb 179 Carb..hmm AC=4.7 Hmmmmm I think I'm raising that strength and Stam some more....
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

I remember when everyone wore senpai coats. Plenty of folks complained that the Tertius was ugly, but you did not see Str/agil based classes complaining that every enforcer and soldier wore it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast