Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everybody now wears tank armor: ridiculous

Everybody now wears tank armor: ridiculous

Since the un-nerf of tank armor, everybody now wears a tank armor, even NTs and MPs:that's ridiculous!!
    As an enforcer, i was proud to be almost the only one to wear a tank despite the nano cost.
    Now the additional cost is ridiculous compared to what it was: ok its cool i can now buff myself without having to unwear it constantly and i think its a perfect armor for atroxes and combat class (enforcers,soldiers); but totally not for nano class(nts, mps, crats....).as they have nano cloacks and primus.

So please only allow tanks for: atroxes and solitus classes enforcers and soldiers.

plz bump!

Oh come on. Everyone whined about how tank armor was nerfed, blah blah blah, and they fixed it.

We got what we asked for (for once).
    ~Chris

Re: Everybody now wears tank armor: ridiculous

Well, you can't really blame people for wearing armour that they think is worthy of wearing. I'd gladly drop my ql200 Albrech if there was a nano cloak for me to wear that would add similar bonuses to AC plus maybe some NT specific bonuses, and looked good (nano cloak that we have is UGLY!).

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

I wear primus
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I'm NT & i wear Albrech tank cause it adds nanopool

I wear alb tank for the nano init bonuses, but I agree, tank armor is obviously for soldier/enforcer types but there just isn't anything out there that suits me better .. alb tank is uber .. end of story. it would be nice if nano armor cloaks even came close to matching the ac's and added to nano init/nano pool/lower nano cost etc.. then it would be worth wearing .. I mean it says it was meant for NTs right
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

I still dont wear tank because it not only has the extra nano cost, but I also dont like it slowing me down and messing with my evades. I'll stick to primus coats.

Arrow

Um most people wear Albrecht at later levels because all you pay for an extra 400 nano and good main acs is -50 runspeed and nothing more.

That and you can use temp implants to equip it and swap later. Buffing stam to 576 that way is a lot easier for many people even nanomages (shades aren't dime a dozen) than bothering with 551 psychic or intel.

Doc + Carbonum + Albrecht = nice.

Go away nerf monger.

Nerf criers suck.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Atroxes are supposed to suck at nano, don't let them use nanos above half their level. IE, an atrox has to be level 186 to cast Essence of Titan.

Go away, nerfmonger.

mouahaha

Ha ha shub.

when you will be more familiar to this game you'll gain right to call me nerfmonger but at your level (10), i don't really think u even know what you are talking about!

Go and make your way through the game and we'll see.

Weak response to a solid retort. You've been bested and can't respond to a well-founded argument so you resort to personal insult.

Sad.

Talking Stfu newbie

Touch my tank and I will kill you over and over

I went out of my way to get tank armor on. Between that, my elite, and my X-3 i look fly as hell. Do not mess with my groove.

At least not for a little while. I plan to have my carbonium on soon.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Lol this is funny because WHO CARES what armor people are wearing? Yeah what is with all these omnis in omni-pol armor? All these clanners in flowers? I really think we should all have to wear nail and flak armor with a nice miiir coat. That'd be better

Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

It adds to AC's so whats there to complain about

Re: Everybody now wears tank armor: ridiculous

Translation provided:

Originally posted by Sturmkampfer
    Since the un-nerf of tank armor, everybody now wears a tank armor, even NTs and MPs:that's ridiculous!!
    And it's obviously the fault of the NTs and MPs that tank is so much better than nano cloaks.
    As an enforcer, i was proud to be almost the only one to wear a tank despite the nano cost.
    I wore tank when it was gimpy.
    Now the additional cost is ridiculous compared to what it was: ok its cool i can now buff myself without having to unwear it constantly and i think its a perfect armor for atroxes and combat class (enforcers,soldiers); but totally not for nano class(nts, mps, crats....).as they have nano cloacks and primus.
    Casters should not wear the best armor in the game, because they weren't wearing it when it was gimpy and I *was*! They can wear ****ty armor, or so-so armor with no bonuses. ****ty or so-so, they both look like crap.
    So please only allow tanks for: atroxes and solitus classes enforcers and soldiers.
    Now that tank has been fixed, I want it nerfed. Obviously, making nano cloaks better is not the solution. You WEAR your freaky cocktail dress and you LIKE IT, or I'm going to ***** SOME MORE!

Personal note to Sturmkampfer: my main is level 135. I've been playing since July 8. Chances are I know significantly more than you about every aspect of AO, except possibly your main's class. I'm not bragging, I'm just very smart.

I recently had the misfortune of seeing an NT with tank armor on and I was extremely disappointed that such a thing should happen. I'm not talking in terms of stats and the fact that tank armor has now ceased to become exclusive to the atrox professions, most notably the Enforcer, but more regarding the role-playing aspects of the game.

With respect to profession development, an NT or an MP with tank armor on or with a gun seems a huge contradiction. With particular reference to the Nanotechnician, although Funcom have strived to develop professions outside of the norm, there is no doubting that the aforementioned is what we would classically call a Mage. A mage casts spells and their reliance on these spells is apparent in their inability to use weapons or take mass amounts of damage. Therefore to see Nanotechnicians wandering around with Tank Armor and Weapons says a great deal about Funcom's failure to properly define the profession in the game.
    Last edited by Chemi; Aug 7th, 2002 at 10:03:48.

Chemi,

In some ways you are correct, in others you are not.

I play an NT as my main and it is currently lvl 132. I wear a Ablrecht for the many bonuses it gives. I also have a gun to increase my damage output and try to keep up with the damage output other combat classes can deal.

I would be all for the pure mage/caster role, but in AO it simply isn't going to happen, and this is by design and also a little failure on FCs part. So before criticising NTs for there equipment choice please note that there is no such thing as a mage class in this game, by design.

Nano cloaks provide probably the worst AC of any armor cloak in the game. I soon found I had to switch to bio-mech at earlier levels, as this not only provided better AC but also some bonuses. Nano armor provides no bonuses. So from that point onwards the idea of a true mage/caster type was broken for me as I looked like a doc.

Also I have spent a fair amount of time searching through the NT boards to learn from my peers. It became clear many NTs have long ago dropped the idea of a pure caster in favour of trying to counter the proffesions many flaws. Most NTs above 150 have equipped some kind of gun, and some have found that there nanos are now secondary damage.

Unless you are the pure RP type that levels a character enough to enjoy only RP, then you will want the to give your character the best chance to stay alive.

And 1 other thing - NT is a combat class and not support. Maybe after the next patch this might even be really true

The one thing you are totally correct on is FC's inability to define a profession. It seems that every ability an NT has is out done my another class (apart from HE). Nano damage from what I can tell is ruled by the MPs (mindquake), calming ability is ruled by the crats (area calm). Anyway, better stop now before I get carried away

edit: spelling
    Last edited by Narakar; Aug 7th, 2002 at 11:12:04.
    Narama 209 MA
    Narakar 200 NT (gear)
    Kataq 137 Keeper
    Naracrat 137 Crat

Proud Member of TAG

RK1

Role Play.....

Don't the best mages always use weapons.....

And likewise the same for armor.

I mean by this that in many books I have read it is not the norm for the mages to have good armour that is like fighters armors or fighter weapons. But the best mages usually do like Gandalf.

It would be nice if there was a way for us to have lots of uniqe items to help role play, like being able to affect coloring and name of items.

And yeah nano armor is a joke, biomech is sooo much better
    Onariz

"Nano damage from what I can tell is ruled by the MPs (mindquake)"

errr.... rofl. please

... and about the topic, if they can equip it, let them equip it you mofo.

Im a MP, and i can (well almost) self equip a ql200 albrect.

So WHY shouldnt i?

/flame

///halofire, Aint that a goood looking atrox?
    /me crawls back to the neocron forums.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast