Thread: Better Rez's for Surround Gamers

Better Rez's for Surround Gamers

I just recently purchased a Matrox Parheila...

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/parhelia512/home.cfm

Above is for of those not initiated in Surround Gaming....

Now here is my question...hopefully for a Dev....the only resolution that I can run at is 1920x480x32 and utilize all three of my screens....

But I can see here in the available screen resolutions within the advanced settings of AO is higer screen rez's...ie. 2400x600x32.....but if I try to use those higher I get a error about D3D could not handle this ..... Now I can run any other game at this rez or higher...so why not AO...and why are the options there if I can't use them? This is something I would like addressed in the some patch...which is why I am posting it here.....thanks

Moghedion
    Good Hunting Brothers and Sisters

Hello?

Am I the only one that has triple monitors setup for the game? I know there are others...lets hear from ya all...

Yes, your probably the only one that has 3 monitors. Sorry, but hopefully FC won't spend time coding this.

No offense.

Hey

No offense taken....I seriously thought thou that more people would be on this band wagon...Alot of people are talking about it on the Matrox forums....but hardly any here....ah well...This game is only to hold me over till Star Wars Galaxies....

BTW...

Can I come over and play?
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Im running 2 monitors myself. I use the second one for clicksaver. Instant messaging, and surfing the web. on occasion i open both my accounts and duel play, but theres a sync issue with my second monitor that has me baffeld (it runs good as long as both monitors start exactly the same time). but as for 3 monitors sorry cant help.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

SURE....

Your more that welcome to come on over...just excuse the mess....(ie Huge pile of emtpy bottles of Bawls) I have ingame screenshots of what I see on all three screens that I will send to anyody that would like to see them....Just post your email addy.

I don't think this is high on their priority list, seeing as how the matrox is currently the only card to support 3 monitors, and sells for about $450 I assume? So maybe there are 10 people playing AO with one of those things... (but god I do want one... the anti-aliasing system it has is awesome). I do support your idea though, that's a horrible resolution.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

I tried spawning AO on 2 monitors with the geforce 4.

Results are that whatever resolution I set, I end up in the lowest one possible. my avatar shows up in the left monitor s right corner.

I must say that it is very impressive and at the same time makes my eyes so cross sided :P

What would be cool is if I could have the gameplay in one monitor and all the clutter in the other. BUt do nt think FC will waste time coding on that.

I ll try it again one of these days, I personnally would like to see a wide screen setting you can use for wide screen tvs. Now that is impressive, except it become distorted once you stretch the picture and cuttong off top and bottom don t work cause you loose menus and status bars.
    Last edited by andertec; Aug 8th, 2002 at 15:50:38.

Cool Prices

Actually the price is alot less then that....I paid $325 shipped from MicroPro....via Pricewatch....and I bought 2 17" Samsung Flat Screen CRT's for about $99 a piece....from Bestbuy....

just curious as what you can do with AO with 3 monitors?
    is it 3 montors all viewing the same thing?
    ive seen those $100k monitors some company sells, and they are freaking INSANE!

im still stuck with my POS 17' monitor which only supports a max refresh rate of 66hertz at 1280x1024, ARG! MY EYES HURT
    Techno-Wizard

kiltz

kiltz

send me a /tell ingame with your email addy and I will send you screenshots of what you can do with three monitors....basically it gives me a 150 degree Feild of View versus the standard 90 degrees.....baiscally it is like a basic normal photograph compared to a panoramic photograph...I can see off to the sides without have to move the camera or my character.....I can constatly have my stats and inventory and map and tons of other things open and still not clutter up my middle screen if I want to.....

oh yeah....in game /tell Moghedion or /tell Dashar or ICQ me 120462670

RK2