Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Community answers - part 6

Angry

Gah!!!!.... you know you go saying the engi's are fine. Then I bring up a valid point and all you can do is say. Were not making this into a engi thread. Come on CZ stop The crap. Fess up tell us outright "we at funcom just don't want to help the engi's".

I would Live with that. I love anarchy for what it is and can be but I cant stand when someone tries to sprinkle powder sugar on (explitive here) and make us eat it.

Just put a disclaimer on engi's and admit you can't / will not help us. Most of us will let it go at that.

Peace out, and still love you CZ.. Just quit being a crat about it and treat us like men.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Oh dear look what I've started.......

Cz, unfortunately the 'angry Eng mob' is the rather predictable result of a complete lack of 'official' presence on the Eng board, lack of response to any Eng related thread on any other board (we're still waiting for the 'official' comment Cosmiks promised us in the Tradeskills: Engineers vs Traders thread) and the avoiding and glossing over the issues raised by our 2 professionals (who I am proud to say have stuck in there with it) in their reports.

Actually, having just said all that it obvious that this appears to all fall under Cosmiks domain and not your. Unfortunately you 'addressed' an Eng issue (albeit in a 'glossing over and avoiding' kind of way) so I'm not suprised every Eng within 100 yards of this thread took the opportunity to pounce on you.

Wouldnt it be more sensible to just send Cosmik down to the Eng board (shock horror) to have a word with us properly) and all this could have been avoided.

Oh well.... you know what'll be next.... Engineers with burning pitchforks and stuff (which I suspect will make a more effective weapon than our bots)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Unqiues, and the troubles...

Cz, I noticed that Funcom has finally taken a stance on Unqiues, and having multiples thereof...

Unfortunately, this poses a few major problems with existing items that have thoughtlessly had Unqiue tags slapped on them.

For instance, Ring of Luck items start having Unqiue tags around TL4, IIRC. Even if the TL3 Ring of Luck doesn't have a Unique tag, you still can't pick up the TL4 Ring.

What happens when you're only TL3, and you run across a TL4 Ring in a chest? What if you're wearing the TL3 Ring? Do you destroy the TL3 Ring and go for 15 levels without one--just because the item stupidly can't differenciate between the two items?

Same thing applies to MA attacks. They end up not picking up higher QL attacks because they can't use them...or deleting the current one and not having anything to use for a few levels.

People "exploit" to get around these silly restrictions. People finangle the TL4 Ring into their bank while keeping their TL3 Ring on until they hit TL4. If Funcom goes hardcore on the Unqiue checking routines, all it means is a bunch of valuable items will be lost to the void for no particular reason.

May I suggest that Funcom implement hardcore EQUIP and INVENTORY Unqiue checking, but allow the storage of Unqiues in the bank? That would sure make some sense...and as long as the routines are halfway decent, it shouldn't be exploitable. You can't use or equip items from the bank, so this hardly seem contrary to the spirit of the Unqiue tag.

Anyway, just a freidnly reminder that there are some issues with certain items being Unqiue--especially with Title Level requirements--that will cause some issues if something is not figured out.

-Jayde

At one point, fixers were worse off even than engi's are right now...

But look what happened.

Have a little faith. Your chest-beating bellowing pissing-contest crap and threats and negativity aren't going to get you fixed any sooner.

What, you think Funcom would take on the next to impossible task of fixing fixers and then shy away from fixing engineers?

I think not.
    Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

By the way, Cz... Would just like to point out that according to one of my org advisors, Alvin (not sure about the other) is randomly despawning as of the last patch.

He didn't despawn the first time, but did for someone else afterwards after the first step of the mission.

Is this intended? Or yet another flub on the part of the patchers in re-breaking this quest for the 30th time in the row? =P

-Jayde

Originally posted by Nietya
    I think the big difference is that FC realised and admitted Fixers had problems. Go read out professionals report and youll see we dont have this concession

Originally posted by Nietya

But look what happened.

Have a little faith. Your chest-beating bellowing pissing-contest crap and threats and negativity aren't going to get you fixed any sooner.

What, you think Funcom would take on the next to impossible task of fixing fixers and then shy away from fixing engineers?

I think not.
    Yea you guys got."Hey you're right,going to fix you". We got "Nah we think your fine the way you are". And excuse me The fixers were 5x as chest thumping whiners we ever where. In fact were Just now getting to the boiling point.

My comments were more directed at Cz's elusivness to his comments more than directed at funcom. I am very happy playing my MA. I love my engi with all my heart but can't play him. That is where the issue lies..

Why should I have to pretend to be a MA to get anywhere in this game (speaking of engi's here). How many engi's do you see anymore. 1 maybe or 2 in broken shores (thats in a day). Now how many fixers do you see. The reason only a few People can stomach it at high levels. To those people I tip my hat.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Behold - see the "Curse of the Engineers" in action.

Any thread containing Engineers will be avoided by FC personnel at all costs :-)

Closing the thread

Sorry folks, but I don't have time to follow up on this thread right now, as I am tied up in numerous other things. I'm sure you've read about some of them on the bulletin board already.

Again, this is not an Engineer forum. If you don't respect that, I'll just start deleting threads. Sorry, but if I start giving lots of attention to a profession due to posts like this, I will have all 12 professions spamming these threads in no-time.

If you wish to give me any feedback on that, send me an e-mail at thomasj@funcom.com.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112