Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Community answers - part 6

Cz, QA may be telling you that...but it's not in the game. Sorry. =)

If someone in QA would come to me and show me, I may believe it. But if it's in rotation out there, I'm sure SOMEONE would have found one by now. As far as I know, not a single person has seen a BBI for sale since 14.4. It's not an accident.

Shops do not rotate stock "as intended." Not many of them, at least. Most shops are full of the same items day in, day out. All the time. Every day. Every server restart. Always the same. (Different QL's and quantities, of course. Same items.)

-Jayde

Originally posted by AstroCreep2k
    No tard I said Traders are NOT merchants. Perhaps when you finish 2nd grade reading class you can return to forum and once again start the whine train for more nerfs! You're pathetic. Perfect example of "waaa I cant beat prof xx in pvp which perhaps 2% of the playerbase willingly participate in so nerf them to uselessness" I also find it quite amusing while you are whining for the nerfs you completly IGNORE the fact the the plunder line has a 190% resist rating. Here I'll post the link because obviously you've never used the spell. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&nano=1&id=85845&t=ag And I'm sorry to point out another fact to you. The Trader in no way can self heal all the dmg delt him with the highest health plunder which heals for 577 or dhp which is insto death! Perhaps you should get off your lazy bum and make a Trader and play it to a decent level before you start crying for nerfs! If Soldiers were that underpowered and Traders that overpowered the most used and least used professions for those 2 would be switched. THE END!
    ok my god.. you claim i have a 2nd grade reading level.. have you heard of comma's periods or paragraphs? what about coherent thought?

plunder line 190% resist rating? i'vee never resisted one ever. i've never heard of it being resisted. even Lonax with Rage = 1500 nano resist could not resist the trader deprives. you have no clue what your talking about..

Also im speaking from experience here. traders 40 + leves below me are able to heal the damage a level 200 soldier can do quite easily. f you wanna prove this send me a tell and ill have a freind meet me for a duel.

and about the number of people playing each proffession.. no one switches to the "uber" proffesion too much because Fc nerfs oen class into gimpdom and moves another to god status (aka fixer) you cannot base a class's skill based on how many people play it.. people play thier classes through thick and thin. do you think all the soldiersa re going to make traders just cause they got owned after investing substantial time into it? nope.. they'll wait for a fix like i am. you need to think.

the point of my post was in response to Cz saying that "some proffesions should be stronger then others in pvp" now it is fact that trader is either the best pvp class or close. would you find it acceptable that doctors and traders are the strongest pvp classes hands down period? leaviing a full fledged combat class such as soldier sitting at the bottom?

well I don't expect much of a response from you, i doubt you'll read this.. sorry Cz for replying to this, but this person has absolutly no clue what he is talking about.
    Last edited by Nothinman; Aug 7th, 2002 at 19:28:21.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Lightbulb Quick update from home

Brad, STL/MO, I'll check on the spawn rate in the camps. I believe that can be easily changed (at least I hope so), so maybe we can get a change on that.

dijou, boss MOBs use almost the exact same loot table, so mission bosses and dyna camp bosses should in fact have pretty much identical loot distribution. Hence my surprise that people say the camp bosses give worse loot. I'm sorry if it sounded like a brush-off.

I read the entire thread you linked to a while back (and the added replies now), so it's not new to me. However, one of the greatest concerns about outdoor hunting is the time and amount of travel involved, and making camps move around at random is not exactly going to reduce that. And campers, especially high-level ones, will always be an issue, until we add more camps, dungeons and other stuff than they can possibly cover.

I'll bring up the issue with the designers, and see what they have planned. I think Craniums post on the VNboards is a good pointer though.

Vydas, I'll check with the tester about the BBIs. Maybe the bug is the same as on some other shops, as Tiran mentioned, which is known, and being worked on (so, no, not ignored, Tiran). If he forced a recycling of items, he might get the BBIs, while the shop doesn't recycle properly when he's not there kicking it a bit.

Valoren, dyna-camp was originally a work title for the camps. I believe it refers to the ease of which we can create them in huge numbers, and modify them to suit specific places. The work title then got used publicly, and some seem to expect them to act a lot more dynamic due to that. I'll start calling them boss camps or something.

More camps are coming. Lots of them.

And I'll try get %T set up as an alias for %t.

Tiran, I can kick-start the shops like the testers can, so I'd probably make it.

Myers, haven't heard anything. I'll check.

---

Ok, off to play the game. Back tomorrow.

Originally posted by Giventofly/Nothinman

ok my god.. you claim i have a 2nd grade reading level.. have you heard of comma's periods or paragraphs? what about coherent thought?

plunder line 190% resist rating? i'vee never resisted one ever. i've never heard of it being resisted. even Lonax with Rage = 1500 nano resist could not resist the trader deprives. you have no clue what your talking about..

Also im speaking from experience here. traders 40 + leves below me are able to heal the damage a level 200 soldier can do quite easily. f you wanna prove this send me a tell and ill have a freind meet me for a duel.

and about the number of people playing each proffession.. no one switches to the "uber" proffesion too much because Fc nerfs oen class into gimpdom and moves another to god status (aka fixer) you cannot base a class's skill based on how many people play it.. people play thier classes through thick and thin. do you think all the soldiersa re going to make traders just cause they got owned after investing substantial time into it? nope.. they'll wait for a fix like i am. you need to think.

the point of my post was in response to Cz saying that "some proffesions should be stronger then others in pvp" now it is fact that trader is either the best pvp class or close. would you find it acceptable that doctors and traders are the strongest pvp classes hands down period? leaviing a full fledged combat class such as soldier sitting at the bottom?

well I don't expect much of a response from you, i doubt you'll read this.. sorry Cz for replying to this, but this person has absolutly no clue what he is talking about.
    Cz said that this isn't going to be a PvP-Profession vs Profession thread and I'll respect that by not responding to this post

But something that Cz said in his replies, tied with this war you have between yourself and AstroCreep2k, illustrates the point I'm trying to make:
    Originally posted by CzPvP is done for mainly three reasons now; Title (solo game), loot (like in Camelot) and just fun (more or less organised meetings between the sides, e.g. in 2HO). We hope to add more reasons
    Those reasons Cz mentioned are more important than people give notice. So long as PvP in AO has no reward for Team PvP, this 'Your profession is better than my profession in PvP' junk will destroy both PvP and PvM with the resulting game 'balances' made.

So to Cz I have to ask:
    What ideas are the developers entertaining concerning Team PvP? And do they realize they need to have a reward system that provides something more than a title for team PvP? Or perhaps something different, like maybe a new Organization type whose governing type requires the org maintain an average PvP kill ratio.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

IMHO, the best thing they could do for PvP right now is to totally abolish the current title system and remove all titles. Then provide a pinky for EVERY PvP kill you make. Then remove the chance to get looted ever. Then remove Exp loss for deaths where more than 50% of your damage was due to another player.

PvP should be fun. It shouldn't suck or be able to be used as a tool for players to prey on other players like wolves and sheep.

Team-based PvP is about the only thing that will save this game. 6 players of different professions using their strong points to cover teammate's weak points and expose the belly of the opposing team.

PvP in only in these games because AI is so woefully horrible. If all the monsters in a mission were controlled by other players, I'd be elated. -But not if they gloated when they killed me or took my items if I died or killed me while all five of my squadmates lived, yet I lose a billion exp.

The focus needs to be on the group of six players. The reward needs to be fun moreso than loot or anything else. The penalty needs to be acceptable and not humiliating or crippling.

When you die, you want to get back to your team as quick as possible just like when yer doing a mission because you were having so much fun.

woot! boss camps!

personally, as a fixer who's been around the block, outdoor camps are something great. as soon as the patch came out i was in the field killing bosses for days. the only reason i stopped was leveling up too much to make the camps worthwhile. it did seem to me that you got less loot off a boss, and yes, there was no lack of crappy items, just like you get on a regular boss mission, but i got several new nanos right away for my fixer when i spent a couple days hunting bosses.

the only reason i left the boss camp hunting scene was because it was not returning enough xps at a certain point because the mobs and boss were just not high enough level.

as far as the complaint of too many lackeys, perhaps you need to find a team that includes some crowd controllers, a crat or nt, or even a fixer a nice area snare from a high level fixer and you can pick off lackeys with ease.

more boss camps!! more more more!!
    I am an Asteroid.

I am a drifter. I go where life leads, which makes me usually a very calm and content sort of person. That or thoroughly apathetic. Usually I keep on doing whatever I'm doing, and it takes something special to make me change my mind.

HAHAHA!

playa #2 suckas

Cz, regarding Council of Truth Invitation cards. Yesterday on leader chat, Sunraven and myself inquired about how we go about recieving these ourselfs. You said you'd check into it and get back to us. Dunno how long it would take, but thought I'd drop you a line.

Unfortunatly, much of the role playing that took place to obtain this card the first time around was during my work hours. Work hours have since changed, and I am able to particpate much more in the events hosted by my fellow leaders. However, since I was not in the loop in the beginning, it's much harder being in the loop now. My fellow leaders can walk right inside the CoT buiding, while I have to stand around waiting to be warped.

Which brings me to this point. A eng was recenlty given a card, thus allowing him to warp ppl. This sadens me, because this person is not a leader. I am. On 2 or 3 petitions I have been told the cards are not given out now. So, I'm sadened for 2 reasons. 1, FC will give an engy CoT invite status, but not a leader?!? 2, I was told they are not giving them out, but they are!!!

Why arn't leaders given access to the CoT building? It's quite frustrating to see someone else who's been a leader as long as myself walk right in the buidling, but I have to wait around to be warped, simply because my work schedule prohibited me from taking part in the initial event.

When can I expect a card? Or how soon is the next even where I can get one?

Cemetarygate
    President, Lifeless Immortality
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Aug 7th, 2002 at 21:14:11.

Re: Quick update from home

Originally posted by Cz
    dijou, boss MOBs use almost the exact same loot table, so mission bosses and dyna camp bosses should in fact have pretty much identical loot distribution. Hence my surprise that people say the camp bosses give worse loot.
    While all mission bosses are pretty much the same, there is a LOT of variation in both power and loot for camp bosses. I've killed at least 50-75 of them and some are very weak for their race and only drop 3-4 items (0-1 new) while others are very, very strong for their race and drop 7-9 items (4-5 new). At one point I thought that each camp had a weak and a strong boss, but I've realized that it is more of a sliding scale than a weak/strong dichotomy.

Scorus

Re: Quick update from home

Originally posted by Cz
    Valoren, dyna-camp was originally a work title for the camps. I believe it refers to the ease of which we can create them in huge numbers, and modify them to suit specific places. The work title then got used publicly, and some seem to expect them to act a lot more dynamic due to that. I'll start calling them boss camps or something.

More camps are coming. Lots of them.

And I'll try get %T set up as an alias for %t.
    Sweet thanks

Originally posted by Giventofly/Nothinman
    I'm sorry to say, but this isn't true. If you havn't resisted a plunder its:
    1) You havn't fought a trader for a long time.
    2) You havn't maxed resist.
    3) You never go to 100% def.

Plunder gets resisted a LOT. Divest doesn't get resisted more than roots, because its 100% resist like most roots and nukes.

Nano Resist got a boost in 1 or 2 patches ago. I understand that debuffs is annoying as hell, but you can't expect to resist 100% of them just because you don't like them. They are there, deal with them - go 100% defensive and max / implant resist and I tell you they are hard to land.
    ~Lone

yeah suppose your right.. i dont fight at def cause i shoot too slow to do any dmg, ill have to experiment abit.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Re: Community answers - part 6

Originally posted by Cz
    Debuffs and root / snare
    Debuffs are not supposed to break root and snare formulas while you are in combat. We're working on a fix for this bug.
    Great...now if I don't have a ranged weapon, I have ZERO chance if I get rooted. Real smart move. Maybe you should gve the roots to the melee classesrather than ranged (just kidding of course)
    Any suggestions on what to do? And no, jumping helps, but I still get rooted. Also, no, I don't have a root symbio-greaft (yea, I guess I'm a gimp then)

Scenario:
    I challenge a rooting class, we start, I get a few hits in (one mlee hit and Brawl), I automatically get rooted. Rooting profession pulls out of melee range (6m I think), goes to town on my azz.
    End of scenario.

Guess Ill hafta get a ranged weapon. Oh wait, I'm a melee class...which means my attack rating is like, well, LOW.....miss miss miss, ha!

now, not that this doesnt already happen.....i get chain rooted like mad anyways and doing a debuff dont help that much when i get 100% crit on with MR agent and his ithica (fling, normal hit, AS....dead, all in the matter of under 1 second)

oh and nano resist? still needs ton of work, currentl;y at 500 NR and fighting at 15% aggro....rarely ever resist, but if i do, well, they just try again, duh
    Last edited by Tsuneko; Aug 8th, 2002 at 03:45:48.

Hmm, this sounds very interesting..

This is a great idea! There are alot of Dedicated and hard working testers on Testlive. We have been there months and I think we deserve a treat :P

I hope this does not create increased populatoin on the Test Server
    -Diff-
    Veteran of Testlive
    Anarchy Online Test Community
    Getting Started on Test!
    Exploits is considered cheating, no one likes a cheater, so don't do it.

Re: Re: Community answers - part 6

Originally posted by Tsuneko

Great...now if I don't have a ranged weapon, I have ZERO chance if I get rooted. Real smart move. Maybe you should gve the roots to the melee classesrather than ranged (just kidding of course)
    Any suggestions on what to do? And no, jumping helps, but I still get rooted. Also, no, I don't have a root symbio-greaft (yea, I guess I'm a gimp then)

Scenario:
    I challenge a rooting class, we start, I get a few hits in (one mlee hit and Brawl), I automatically get rooted. Rooting profession pulls out of melee range (6m I think), goes to town on my azz.
    End of scenario.

Guess Ill hafta get a ranged weapon. Oh wait, I'm a melee class...which means my attack rating is like, well, LOW.....miss miss miss, ha!

now, not that this doesnt already happen.....i get chain rooted like mad anyways and doing a debuff dont help that much when i get 100% crit on with MR agent and his ithica (fling, normal hit, AS....dead, all in the matter of under 1 second)

oh and nano resist? still needs ton of work, currentl;y at 500 NR and fighting at 15% aggro....rarely ever resist, but if i do, well, they just try again, duh
    This could be easily fixed if they gave melee professions a grapple/pull nano that pulled in opponents and kept them there a short period.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

PvP - benefits and effects

I have a real bad feeling about this 75 level rule.
    Originally posted by Cz
    PvP strength
    Not all professions are intended to be equally strong in PvP. Some are good at PvP (which technically is more or less a solo game right now), others are better in teams or with e.g. sneaking or trade skills. ...
    Yesterdays 'event' made me think about that again.

Me, level 83 Engi (homo nano), was killed by level 199 Doc. I knew, I was in political zone (2HO) and she did an efficient job. But where exactly is the fun/enjoyment in there. I knew before, that a level 199 would most probabely be able to kill a level 83 (non PvPer).

Several things just annoyed me:
    - I was in a car (Kodaik) - not able to defend myself.
    - My bot was clearly visible behind me (Engis are not a PvP profession).
    - I was not even hesitating - strolling directly to the Whompas (me was in travel, not in fight mode).
    - I died on the other side of the Whompa (20K) due to DOT effect, even without a chance of healing myself due to zoning latency.
    - I was on full defense (travelling) and it took her less than 5 seconds to kill my 2k HP.
    - She, of course, could completly ignore the masses of Guards that assisted me.

I acknowledge her effectiveness and my risk to die there - I had nothing to loose, so I went this way, and I like exploring. I had dodged my way through USEB (Nokkens, Primal Chirobs, Wolfs, Mambas, ...) and SEB for half an hour just for a Waitt sleeve I wanted to get just to get killed 20 m before 'home'.

- I don't want to start a discussion.
    - I do not accuse her (political zone)
    - I do not ask for support and will ignore flaming/'good advices'

What I would like to see, is that the designers (PvP, world) could comment on 'events' like this. She is 116 levels above me and could gain absolutely, really absolutely nothing by this action. The only thing it will cause is that I my fun is spoiled - when every high level can (and will) kill every lower level player just for fun at any given time point and I don't even have a chance to run away (this is the point) - no, thank you.

Actually this brings me closer to cancel my account than every technical hurdle I have to fight with.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Lightbulb Morning update

Kuroshio, the designers are aware of the issue, and working on solutions. I can't give out information of what they are though. We'll see, soon.

Cemetarygate, due to the current political tensions no more invitations are give out at this time. The invitation given to the engineer in question was a mistake. It should never have been given out.

Tsuneko, some professions (or others who choose to use Martial arts only) have a great weakness against roots, others are defenseless if they get a nano debuff.

Many professions have strengths and weaknesses, and nobody should expect to have a good chance against everybody. Sometimes, against certain tactics or professions, you might actually not have much of a chance at all.

---

Off to do some other work, and prepare for that thing on Monday.

Lightbulb Oh, and one more...

Maximilian, looking into the "free range" in PvP. Might have some changes there, though I can only promise I'll keep bringing it up.

Thumbs up Thanks

Cool, Cz, more than I expected.

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

I'll finish that last sentence for you Cz

Originally posted by Cz
    [BMany professions have strengths and weaknesses, and nobody should expect to have a good chance against everybody. Sometimes, against certain tactics or professions, you might actually not have much of a chance at all.[/B]
    ... and some Profs, such as the Engineer, have weaknesses and even bigger weaknesses. But I'm not getting involved in Prof specific issues in this thread.

and neither, does it appear, that anyone else from FC is on any other thread.

(yes its morning, I'm at work, and I'm grumpy - doesnt make it less true though)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Re: Morning update

Originally posted by Cz
    Tsuneko, some professions (or others who choose to use Martial arts only) have a great weakness against roots, others are defenseless if they get a nano debuff.

Many professions have strengths and weaknesses, and nobody should expect to have a good chance against everybody. Sometimes, against certain tactics or professions, you might actually not have much of a chance at all.
    [/B]
    Correct, but what exactly is the MA's strong point? Laughable slow heals? Crits that get outcritted anyways (talking about old school LLTS')? Evades that are ineffecient? Please make these defense skills more effective.
    Okay, I will be maxing NR very soon, hopefully I do not regret it.
    And I will b taking up a ranged weapon, please do not make me regret that either.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast