Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September 11th - In remembrance

September 11th - In remembrance

September 11th 2001 the world was shocked by possibly the most terrifying terrorist acts ever. While people die every day, in wars and catastrophies, and to illness and hunger, the scenario of that day struck deep into the mindset of the whole world, perhaps mostly due to the way it was committed.

We would like to have this thread in remembrance of those who died in the terrorist acts that day. Please keep it free of any enmity. Let those who will post in peace do so. Let this be a day of compassion, not of hate and strife.

/me lights a candle

---

Thomas 'Cz' Johnsen

To all those who suffered and helped during the past year, in the netiquette term;

/pray
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Thank You site

In the days following September 11, 2001, I created This Site in rememberance, and to give everybody hope. It portrays people from many different countries showing their condolences for those involved in the tragedy.

I can be the first to tell you that, as an American, seeing those pictures for the first time (and the second, and the third) literally brought me to tears, and it made me feel so much love and support from our many friends around the world.

Thank you to everyone for helping many people get through the hard times following Sept. 11. I received over 30,000 emails in the first month after creating the site of many people all over the world sharing their stories and appreciation with the support shown around the world.

Thank you.

--Tsk

/me lights a candle and puts it next to Cz's

Although it's also my birthday today and so I will have my mind on that, part of me will remember (and probably will for the rest of my life) the sadness of this time last year and all the people who perished in the terrible atrocities.

I give my condolences to the families and friends of all those who died, on the first anniversary of their tragic deaths.
    Last edited by Solarax; Sep 11th, 2002 at 11:29:07.
    Solarith- Level 220 Solitus Keeper - Defender Rank: Backer (20)
    Solarax - Level 189 Solitus Agent - Defender Rank: None (0)
    Solarize - Level 30 Solitus Doctor - Defender Rank: None (0)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Advisor Of Forsaken
    Former Editor-In-Chief
    AO Basher - all you needed...
    E-Mail : SolaraxGVRK@hotmail.com

In memory of all the victims and souls who where lost one year ago.

May you rest in peace, may this never happen again.
    Ao players, arks and GMs - Let this be a day of memories, thoughts and ...love. Love is the most important thing we got - the only thing who may save us some day.

Rest in peace. In the memory of 11.09.01.

My thoughts go out to all those who suffered, and those who still do. Indeed, let this day be a day of remembrance and compassion.

/me lights yet another candle.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

My friend husband was 2 blocks away from the towers when this happen. I know what she went through, it was truely a horrible day.

/me says a prayer for the victims and lights a candle

National Anthem

The event of September 11th, 2001 touch the hearts and souls of each and every American and those of foreign nations--most especially to those who have lost loved ones (may they rest in peace).

I feel it is my duty to present to you, in rememberance of such an event, our National Anthem.

/me stands tall, shoulders abroad, and crisply salutes the flag.
    Last edited by Suasor; Sep 11th, 2002 at 03:01:13.
    Valvoline of Rubi-Ka1
    "Irony is a morbid humor"
    "What the American Public doesn't know, is what makes them the American Public"

this day is in honour and rememberence of those who lost their lives as an innocent and those who have suffered while defending the innocent, our Firefighters, Emt's, Law Enforcement and Military. my thoughts go out to you.

A message from Vixen Entertainment

On Behalf of Vixen Entertainment.. We would like to offer our best wishes to those who have not only lost loved ones, but who have to live with the memory of that fateful day. I know I shall never be the same again.

Vixen Remembers

<<ooc: I personally worked 3 blocks from WTC and was there on that day. Since 9/11, I am a different person. I saw things that no human should ever see! I lost friends and aquaintences and NYC lost a bit of itself as well. So please, light a candle and say a prayer for us in NY. We all need it about now. Thanks>>
    Last edited by Aktrez; Sep 11th, 2002 at 05:04:16.
    Shalon "Aktrez" Joor
    ~*~ Director of Vixen Entertainment~*~
    Manger of the Rompa Bar, Omni-Ent.

NEVER FORGET!

May those lost rest in peace.
    May those who have lost, have peace.
    May it never happen again.
    My heart goes out to you.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos
    Agent and Java-Junkie of Rubi-Ka

/me lights a candle and will let it burn through the day in memory

I remember sitting horrified by what I watched on the tv screen. I won't even bother saying I can imagine what it was like to witness it in person...because there is no way I can.

My prayers are with all of those who lost loved ones, friends and family on that day. My prayers are for not only for the americans but for everyone in the world. Every one of us is touched somehow by that day....weather it be with sadness or fear. It is a day no one wants to remember. It's a day we will never forget.

Remember with love.

And with that I leave you with these lyrics to the song that I know helped many people I know, who were in New York on that day, find the strength to carry on

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
    And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
    And if your glass heart should crack
    And for a second you turn back
    Oh no, be strong
    Walk on Walk on
    What you got, they can't steal it
    No they can't even feel it
    Walk on Walk on
    Stay safe tonight

And I know it aches
    How your heart it breaks
    You can only take so much

Walk On

- Walk On by U2
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

Never forget...

I was driving to Atlanta the morning this happened and my wife was working in Washington DC. When I saw that it was real, and not some hoax, I tried to call her at work. No one answered. Thankfully they had evacuated and were safe. For the next 24 hours I was glued to the televison trying to understand and comprehend what had happened.

I drove back through Washington a few days later and saw the Pentagon. I continued on a day later and drove by NYC to see the smoke and the lights from where the trade towers were. To this day and forever those images will be burned in my mind.

To all those who lost a loved one or were personally touched by the events of one year ago, my heart goes out to you.

To all the hero's of the day, my thanks goto you.

As the tears well up in my eyes as I write this, all I can say is that America will never forget. We will never lose heart. We will stand united. We will be viligent. Those who thought we would cower were sadly mistaken.
    Nursebetti 200Doctor

my condolences to those who lost someone
    /me lights a candle

I'm pretty certain that everyone can recall, with crystal clarity, precisely what he or she was doing at the moment they first heard about the tragedy...

As an American, I'm sorry to say that our public has a very short memory. For the last 20 years, our armed forces and our overseas civilian workers have been targets for terrorist attacks, worldwide . It makes headline news for about 3 weeks, then everyone forgets. I suppose it's only human. Even natural disasters fade from the memories of all except those who survive them.

If September 11th taught us nothing else, it showed us an enemy who is willing to bring the conflict to us, and rub our faces in it.

I can't begin to express the sadness, the horror, the fury I feel, that there are people out there capable of such atrocities.

So, I say to you, please don't forget. In 3 more weeks, the media will likely have something more entertaining to talk about. Half the politicians will be squawking about what the other half of the politicians are (or aren't) doing. States will be running gubernatorial elections, and everybody will be talking about political agendas.

September 11th isn't about an agenda, it's about people working together, cooperating, and being vigilant. It's about caring, and compassion, and love. It's about continuing to exercise the utmost caution as we go about our daily affairs. Most of all, it's about continuing on with our lives, because if we don't, that unseen enemy has won.

To the people around the world who expressed their sympathy, their compassion, their sorrow, and their outrage at 9/11, thank you.

Please please please, don't ever forget! We cannot forget this, because if we cease in our vigilance, it will happen again. I have no doubts of this. Don't forget the many innocent people who died that day, the courage of the passengers on board those planes, the brave rescue workers who gave up their lives. Don't forget our armed forces, who are out there in sand and trenches, the sea, the jungles, all working to bring a measure of safety to the world. Don't forget all those selfless volunteers, who worked tirelessly to try and bring survivors out of the wreckage. Don't forget our world leaders, who are, after all, only human as well. The decisions they make are neither easy, nor lightly made.

If we forget all that has gone before, then those people who died on September 11th died for nothing.

/me lights her candle
    "Dixie" - Young adventurer, anthropologist, marketing rep for R.U.R.

Kiyoko "Barlau" Grebel - Martial Artist, PR Director, Law Society of Rubi-Ka

/me lights a candle for all the world to see

As a former soldier I learned a lot about terrorism in the world. I even tought other soldiers about it. But still there's nothing in the world that can prepare You for something of the magnitude that happened September 11th 2001...

My prayers go to all the people who need it, and a big salute to all the heroes of that tragic event.

/Ghump
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

/me lights a candle

/me prays for those who suffered and those who are still suffering. You won't be forgotten.
    Last edited by prophet; Sep 11th, 2002 at 15:03:59.

/me lights a candle

It has been a year of tragedy, sorrow and loss. But also compassion, togetherness and love. From all things horrible there will always shine a little light of hope. Let us keep that hope strong and firm, and not let hate bring us down.

May the souls lost on September 11th find peace, and may the ones who are left behind find comfort in eachother.

To all the 83 countries who lost a countryman/woman in the WTC attack, and to the city of New York, I give my condolences. We will remember.

Lillemjau
    Last edited by Tussa; Sep 11th, 2002 at 11:15:19.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast